Chapter 3

Nothing's Over
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 Enemies III

 

“Da Hyun shi. I wish you would reconsider.”

“What? Didn't you hear what I just said?”

“There has to be a good explanation, you should just trust those boys.”

“Trust? My life is on the line. Don't I even have the right to protect myself?”

“I can appoint this case to anyone else, it has to be handled in a subtle manner.”

“Has the world turned against me? Or am I still dreaming?”

“Trust me, everything will be all right. You have got to believe me on this one.”

 

Da Hyun spun around in her office chair, her mind still on what had happened the previous day. After the weekend she had gone to meet the head of the prosecution office to leave her complaint regarding Sehun and Jongin . She had been up to the shock of her life. The chief had ripped her complaint letter and reassured that everything would be all right.

 

“Unfortunately I can't do anything for you right now. This discussion never happened, okay?”

“What?!”

“I don't know what we are talking about. You are not here, I am not here either.”

“And you are the head of the criminal department?!”

“That's why, trust me please.”

 

The prosecutor and the detective, those two had people backing them up in relatively high positions. For a moment despair took over Da Hyun but then she managed to get a grip of herself. Who was she? She herself had a lot of influence over many influential people, she had money and power. If no one else was willing to help she would save herself in other ways. There was always a way for her.

 

“CEO, your sister is here.”

“Let her in.”

Da Hyun sat straight in her chair after placing down the handset of her office phone. Strange, none of her sisters usually visited her at work. The door slowly opened and Mi Rae peeked in. Da Hyun got up and walked to the front of her desk.

“Am I bothering?”

“No, come and take a seat.”

“Would you like anything to drink?” the secretary piped in.

“Bring us some soda.”

“Yes.”

 

They both sat at the coffee table in the corner of the office, waiting in silence for secretary to bring their drinks. Da Huyn's attentive eyes rested on her sister who seemed nervous, she was sitting in a stiff position with her eyes lowered as if guilty. She had caused trouble, for sure. Hopefully it was nothing related to the money launder case.

“What is it?” Da Hyun finally asked.

“I came here because I have something to tell you.”

“I know that”, Da Hyun said impatiently. “What is it?”
“Must you be always so cold?” Mi Rae finally looked up, pouting. “Just like father...”

 

Da Hyun crossed her arms over her chest and fell against the backrest of her armchair. She didn't know how to act natural and gentle around her family members, she could never relax around them because once she did they'd pick on her. In fact she didn't feel any warm connection with them but she felt a strong urge to protect them because she knew they were her family and deep down she actually loved them.

 

“I did it”, Mi Rae whispered.

“I know you slept with that detective.”

“Not that!” Mi Rae shook her head.

“Then what?” Da Hyun glared down at her and she lowered her face again.

“The money laundering thing...”

“What?!” Da Hyun gasped in surprise. She sat up, her eyes almost bulging out from their sockets. “You did what?”

“I didn't know”, Mi Rae breathed out. “Look”, she ran her fingers through her long silky hair. “I didn't know it was money laundering, I didn't know it was a crime”, she cried out. “He said he needed a favor, that he would just transfer some money to me and then I'd have to transfer it to another account. He told me I could withdraw some of it. It was supposed to be just a harmless favor.”

“And you didn't think there was something weird about that?” Da Hyun yelled. “How dumb are you? It was a lot of money!”

“Don't yell at me!” Mi Rae frowned, hurt crossing her eyes. “Don't yell! You are always yelling!”

 

“Because you are retarded! Do you think I arranged that gallery for you so you could shame our family? And to think that I have been...” Da Hyun closed her eyes and touched her forehead. She had made an idiot out of herself in front of the Sehun and Jongin . “Never mind... “

 

“How was I supposed to know?” Tears appeared in Mi Rae's eyes. “I trusted him! I loved him so much, he was good to me. I didn't know he'd do this.”

“Wait, who?” Da Hyun frowned. “Who made you do this? Kang Min?”

“Jung Woo.”

“Who?”

“Kim Jung Woo.”

“Wait, Mrs Kim's son?”

Mi Rae nodded. She covered her face with her palms and sobbed. “Then he disappeared and died. What am I supposed to do now?”

Da Hyun's jaw dropped at this piece of information. She fell back in her chair and just stared at her crying sister with wide open eyes.

 

“Wait, then how does this even connect with our company? How come the money came from here? How did you meet that Jung Woo?” Da Hyun rubbed her chin, if such a big amount of money had been transferred then how come she had been not notified?

 

Then again, a lot of money was transferred every day and it just could have slipped her attention, can't be. She was the one to sign the approvals and she usually double checked everything. Maybe... she had been fed lies? She had probably been lead to believe the money was going to be transferred to a legit recipient but then it had been transferred to another account after her approval and behind her back. The transactions had happened months ago and now the aftermath was thrown into her face so suddenly like a sneak attack. She was being pushed into a corner. There was no much time for a counter attack or proper investigation of her own. It was a brilliant scheme.

 

It was just that easy.

 

Anger shot through Da Hyun. She was indeed in big trouble now that Mi Rae had admitted to accepting the money. What could she say to protect herself anymore? She had approved to transferring the money and her sister had further transferred it to other accounts. That indeed was money laundering if the money was obtained by illegal means. This brought her to another question. Where did the money come from?

 

It's something Jongin had asked her and she had to admit she didn't know. Now he was looking into it with Ji Hwan, or at least pretended to be looking into it. Kang Min had probably a good explanation prepared like tax evasion or another misuse of company's finances. Knowing him the money didn't probably even come from the company. Since they were in credit card business he might have even accessed their customer's bank accounts for all she knew. He had his own circle of friends and they might have been involved in suspicious activities. According to Mi Rae's words Kang Min had always been secretive about his personal matters.

 

Everything came down to one simple thing. Da Hyun found herself asking how come she never noticed anything? It really was a huge sum of money yet it had been hidden into the company's transactions so well even her attentive eyes hadn't found anything suspicious. She had been too concentrated on other things and trusted the finance department too much. She had even trusted Kang Min with such a high position, all because of her father. Why did he have to die?

 

She missed him during hard times like these, his sudden death leaving a painful scar on her heart. She wasn't even completely over her loss when all of this came up. It's as if Kang Min had been planning this move for a long time, even before her father's death, way before. Maybe it was so?

 

According to the information Da Hyun had managed to gather Jung Woo died three months ago so naturally Mi Rae had transferred the money before that. Three months was a long time so why was the prosecution office contacting her only now? Sure there must have been some clues leading to Mi Rae ever since the beginning of the investigation. Why only now?

 

“I don't want to go to prison”, Mi Rae sobbed.

“Get a grip!”

“He was Kang Min's drinking buddy... they met up rarely but they were friends, it was a secret.” Her teary eyes trembled and her lips scrunched up. “I found out by accident, I was sure he was cheating and I wanted to see the bit.ch's face but it was Jung Woo. Whenever they met in front of other people they pretended they didn't know each other. Their meetings were always confidential and I am not sure what they talked about.”

 

“Then how did you end up with him?” Da Hyun asked with a frown. Mi Rae took in a deep breath, her shoulders slouching. Tears appeared in the corners of her eyes again and her hands slightly trembled upon the memory of a man she had fallen in love with.

 

“It stayed in that bar after Kang Min had left. I went to talk to Jung Woo and we spent the night together”, she glanced at Da Hyun who looked unimpressed. A wife who is after her cheating husband ends up cheating herself, how ironic. A sigh left Mi Rae's lips before she continued. “We met again, and again... and... it just happened. He told me he would take me away and I believed him. He said he needed to hide and I helped him, then he disappeared.”

 

“You have two kids and you were planning to leave them behind?” Da Hyun asked in disbelief. “For a man?”

“Look”, Mi Rae frowned. “I was going to leave with him and settle down and then I would have come back for them. I just... You don't know, the situation has been bad for me too. I was desperate.”

“What happened?” Da Hyun's eyes filled with concern when she saw Mi Rae's pained face.

“I just needed to get away...”

“From what?”

“From everything...”, Mi Rae sniffled, wiping her eyes dry. “I still miss Jae Hyuk...” she whispered.

“Why did it have to be someone like him?” Da Hyun asked with a sigh. She reached for tissues and handed some to her sister. She felt bad for her too, she was sad for her. This woman had the worst luck with men.

“And now Jung Woo as well... what is it in me? Why do all the men I love keep dying?” Mi Rae asked in despair.

“At least this time uncle was not involved...”

“It wasn't his fault, he just tried to help.”

“Anyway, I'm glad I haven't seen him since father's funeral.”

“You shouldn't hate him...” Mi Rae whispered. “He has been good to us. He could help us now, you know he could and he would.”

“Stop it. I want to take care of this myself”, Da Hyun said sternly. “Anyway, did you tell about this to anyone else?” she asked carefully after a short silence. “Does anyone know?”
Mi Rae shook her head.

“Nothing? Not even detective Kim?”

“I wanted to... I met him yesterday and...”

“You met him yesterday?” Da Hyun chocked on her saliva. “Are you meeting up with him on your free time?”

“And what if I am?” Mi Rae asked with a bratty tone while blowing her nose.

“Don't meet him anymore.”

“There you go again... Who are you to control my life?”
“Haven't you gotten us into a deep enough shi.t with your man problems?!”
“Jongin is different!”
“Oh is he?” Da Hyun scoffed. “How exactly?”
“He is nice and sweet, I can trust him. And he is dependable”, Mi Rae spoke confidently even though she still had tears in her eyes. “He is a good man, he is just what I need now”, her lower lip trembled. “Now that Jung Woo isn't here anymore...”

 

Da Hyun couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her sister sure moved on fast! But could she be blamed when Jongin was as charming as he was?

 

“Don't meet with him from now on or I'll tell mother.”

“Why are you doing this to me?” Mi Rae whined. “It's only because you want him all to yourself!”

“I couldn't care less about sc.um like him”, Da Hyun said nonchalantly even though she couldn't deny being interested in him a little. It was just her bad luck he happened to be corrupted money loving untrustworthy detective. If only he wasn't like that.

“Don't insult him like that!”

“How many times?”

Mi Rae lowered her gaze.

“How many times did you sKimp with him already?!”
She bit her lower lip.

“How many times?!”

“Just once...”

“Of course, you did...” Da Hyun groaned. “Don't lie, it must have been more.”

Mi Rae took a deep breathe and wiped her tears. “He is the best what has happened to me since forever so give me a break.”

“He is only using you”, Da Hyun sighed. “Foolish lovesick idiot.”

“You don't know what you are talking about.”

“Okay then”, Da Hyun straightened up in her seat. “Let's go.”

“Where?”

“To meet up with prosecutor Oh.”

“What? Why?”

“You are going to tell him everything.”

“No, I will never tell him! I haven't even told Jongin yet!”

“Then why did you tell me?”

“Because I trusted you!” Disappointment rang clear in Mi Rae's voice. “I thought you'd help me”, she said in quiet voice. “But you are only going to tell that slimy Sehun and he will put me in jail.”

“It's not your fault, you were cheated.”

“Is he going to spare me? Do you think he will?”

 

Actually, Da Hyun wasn't sure if it would be the best option to tell Sehun anything the selfish rat he was. Honestly speaking, what was there to tell, anyway? He probably knew about Mi Rae transferring the money already and maybe he even knew about the link between Kang Min and Jung Woo. Though the way Mi Rae had just put it, no one else knew. Maybe this would somehow open Sehun's eyes and make him look at the case differently. What a joke. He'd probably handcuff them both and throw behind the bars the instant Da Hyun told him anything. He'd take it as a confession.

 

But what else was there to do? Certainly, it would be no use going to Jongin now. Whatever he was planning it was definitely not to Da Hyun's benefit. She could at least try to somehow influence Sehun. She needed to snoop around to find out why he was so against her. It was obvious all leads pointed at her but he didn't even want to listen to her side of the story. That was strange.

 

Somehow she would solve the problem, she would do it by herself without anyone's help. She wasn't desperate enough to use her last card yet and she wished she didn't need to use it. She really wished so.

 

“Let's go to the prosecutor's office”, Da Hyun said now with softer voice. She glanced at Mi Rae who was looking down at her feet, still sitting on the sofa. She didn't budge, just pursed her lips together stubbornly keeping her gaze lowered. “Let's go.”

“No!” Mi Rae snapped. “I should have known it! You too will turn against me, won't you? Anything to protect the company and your position!” she glared at Da Hyun in despair and grabbing her bag she sprang on her feet. “I'm leaving.”

Da Hyun saw herself in her, she knew how it felt like when no one could be trusted. It was such a lonely feeling. “No, I am not going to put your wellbeing before the company”, she said calmly. “You know I'm on your side.”

“Is that so?” Mi Rae scoffed. “But you already choose the company.”

“Mi Rae...”

“Just like father!”

 

She could only watch how her sister walked out the door slamming it shut behind herself. Da Hyun took in a deep breath, wondering if Jongin had fed Mi Rae any strange thoughts. Was he trying to get the two of them against each other? She wouldn't be surprised if that had been his intention from the beginning. After all he flirted with them both whenever he got a chance. Da Hyun knew she wouldn't be able to work with him, he was too secretive and sly. He'd easily charm her into believing whatever he wanted her to believe. It would be only a matter of time when she would give in and that scared her.

 

It's not like Da Hyun was crazy about men or easily attracted by anyone. But there was something special about Jongin , something she couldn't resist. She couldn't quite point her finger at it but she had this feeling. After all he had brown eyes and a nice pair of shoes... but not that. Not that. It was something else, something about him was just so incredibly lovable and the more she was around him the more she wanted to be with him. There was this mystery pulling her in. She had just met him yet she liked him. She wasn't sure if it was love, crush or another feeling. She just liked him and that's why, she decided to avoid him.

 

Leaving the office in the early afternoon was strange for Da Hyun. She usually stayed until the evening if she didn't have any meetings, fundraisers or other parties to attend to. She liked her job and gladly worked longer hours, for that she was respected by the employees. Everyone who bypassed her in the corridor stopped to bow, she sometimes nodded back but usually just walked past without acknowledging them. It's not that she was being mean or arrogant, it's just that if she stopped to greet everyone she would never make it out of the building.

 

The prosecutor's office was busy and bustling when Da Hyun arrived. She requested to meet Sehun but heard that he was currently attending a court hearing. Interested to see him in action she asked if she could go and watch. Moments later she sneaked into a small court room and took a seat at the very back behind the few other people who were listening attentively what was being discussed in the front.

 

She saw that plaintiff and defendant were bot middle aged men. They were sitting on separate sides behind narrow wooden desks piled with files and papers, both represented by their lawyers. Sehun stood beside the table with a piece of paper in his hand and looked lazily at the man in brown suit who was currently talking to the judge. Since it was a preliminary hearing the atmosphere was more or less relaxed without the strict procedures taking place.

 

Finally the judge turned to look at Sehun, the latter straightened up and started speaking, his eyes mostly on the paper he was holding. He was dressed into a dark gray fitting suit, his hair was styled neatly and his tie securely tied around crisp collars of baby blue dress shirt. His voice came out bored and monotone as he spoke without hesitation or any pauses. The judge kept nodding and asking supplementary questions.

 

Once Sehun had said everything he had wanted to say he dropped the paper on the desk and crossed his arms over his chest, his eyes on the plaintiff side. He groaned when he heard what the other lawyer had to say and shook his head. Finally the judge grew silent and both lawyers faced each other. Da Hyun wondered why Sehun was handling a civil law case when he was a prosecutor.

 

“Can we drop this now?” Sehun asked with husky voice. He sounded bored, like he didn't even want to be in the court room. “The trial is going to be just a waste of time and money.”

The man in brown suit started piling his files in one stack. “No, the plaintiff has decided to proceed.

“Your honor”, Sehun turned towards the judge.

“If there really is no way to reach a settlement now then we will proceed. There is enough evidence and your statement of defense was rather weak...”

“Oh please”, Sehun groaned, narrowing his yes at the plaintiff. “You have to be kidding me.”

 

The audience started to get up and soft murmur filled the room. Da Hyun thought that Sehun's performance had been rather disappointing. He was dressed well for once but his attitude remained the same. Once a dirty rat always a dirty rat, it seemed.

 

“The guilty belong behind the bars”, the plaintiff said bitterly as he stood up and glanced at the defendant with utmost hate.

“No one is guilty until proven so”, Sehun said blandly as he gathered his things from the desk. The plaintiff shot him one glare before saying short goodbyes to his lawyer and walking towards the exit.

“Don't worry, just go home and wait for the trial”, Sehun said rather indifferently as he glanced at the defendant. “You won't lose it.”

“Yaaah, being confident again”, the man in brown suit laughed, patting Sehun's shoulder. He was now holding his things in his armpit.

“I can't believe you are letting this slide into a trial”, Sehun grunted.

“What else can I do?”, the lawyer shrugged with a smirk. “Maybe I want to see you all fired up in a proper trial once again. It's been a while.”

Sehun shot him a weak glare. “What's here to be fired up about when it's all clear and simple?”

“We will see about that.”

“Stop making me laugh...”

 

Da Hyun ducked when the two men walked past the row of seats where she was sitting. She pretended she was picking up something from the floor and once they had excited the court room she followed close behind. She almost bumped into the defendant at the door and quickly bowed at him, their eyes met and she thought he looked suspicious. He was being accused of ual harassment of plaintiff's daughter and Da Hyun shuddered upon the thought. So a man who looked like was not guilty of the crime and she was guilty without a doubt. World could be unfair sometimes.

 

“It seems like you are back to your old ways”, an elder man stopped in front of Sehun and the lawyer. Da Hyun quickly turned around and took out her phone, pretending to be texting. That was the man who had declined her complaint on Monday.

 

“Chief.”

“Boss.”

“Kids...”

“I told you I don't want to do civil trials anymore”, Sehun complained. “It's not even my job!”

“But thanks for filling in anyway.”

“You should have seen him in there. He looked like he was going to fall asKimp.”

“Trust me, I have seen enough of that and it's hard to watch. So did you settle?”

“No.”

“Oh? That's surprising.”

“It's because Sehun here didn't put enough effort in his work. I bet you did it on purpose, didn't you? You just want to win another trial”

“Look at this face and say that again. I'm full of the bullsh.it.”

“Just get it over and done with. There are more important things to work on”, the elder man made a pause. “I don't want to hear any more complains. Whatever happened between you two, settle it right away.”

“Yes...” Sehun said without really meaning it.

“Look, I'm not joking here. The case already got held back for four months and now Jongin requested for more time. Don't you have your suspect already? Why are you holding back?”

“I understand.” Sehun said with brisker voice.

“Good, then go back to your work.” the older male clicked his tongue. “To think you even have time to take shower now... Don't relax too much, pretty boy. We are drowning in unsolved cases.”

 

After short goodbyes the chief walked past Da Hyun while the two stood still for a while longer.

 

“You are driving him crazy yet he loves you.”

“Fu.ck him. Am I not allowed to sKimp, huh? Been buried in a pile of insignificant apparently urgent bullsh.it cases like these because someone can't get their shi.t together.”

“All right, all right. Calm down, would you? What are you planning to do now, anyway? Do you want to grab some food?”

“No thanks, I have a visitor.”

“Looks like you are having kimbab for dinner again.”

“Thanks to you I don't feel like having dinner at all.”

“I better go before your contagious bad mood gets to me. Take it easy.”

“See you in the court next week.”

 

Declining footsteps and they were gone. Da Hyun let out a sigh. She had been standing at close distance by the wall staring at the blank screen of her phone. There were other people walking in the corridor and some stopped to exchanged a few words so she wasn't sticking out in any particular way. Besides Sehun had stood with his back turned at her so he probably didn't see her. She pondered if she should meet him after all. Seeing him in the court room had put her off, he had appeared so lethargic and uninterested. And didn't he just mention he had a visitor?

 

Would he even listen to her? He'd probably just shove her out of his office and slam the door in her face. Or he would listen and then laugh his head off before taking her to the interrogation room and then straight to jail. Could she be released on a bail or was her crime too serious? Da Hyun shuddered, shaking her head. Now she was already mentally admitting to it, “her crime”. He wasn't arresting her yet because he was probably playing mental warfare with her.

 

“Are you looking for me, babe?” familiar voice called out.

 

Da Hyun stopped in her tracks and slowly angled her body to the side. She saw Sehun leaning against the wall with his forearm on his head's level and his other hand holding a few messy files against his waist. His blazer was ed and his tie now hung loosely around his undid collars. There was the usual intent look in his narrowed eyes and his lips twisted into the typical sardonic smile. Sehun in all his element.

 

Seeing him there Da Hyun frowned. He was standing where the corridor ended, split into another direction and transformed into a bigger space before the elevators. So when she had been walking forward she hadn't seen him since he had been hiding behind the corner. He really was one sly rat...

 

“How did you know I was here?” she simply asked, her hold of the crutch tightening. She was using only one now because going around with two was troublesome and her ankle was a lot better after the weekend's rest.

“Let's just say my criminal radar is really good”, Sehun peeled his forearm off the wall and walked up to her. His eyes quickly scanned her face and body as if searching for something. “What do you want?” he spat rudely.

“Nothing anymore. I was crazy to come here in the first place”, Da Hyun muttered, glancing at his arrogant face once. “I was just leaving.” She didn't want to argue with him.

“Very well then.” Sehun took a small step back and then walked around her towards the elevator, without another word.

 

With her brows furrowed and her lips pouted Da Hyun followed him and stopped beside him. How could a person be so hateful? She glanced at his side profile as they waited for the elevator and then her eyes stopped at the employee card which was hanging from his neck on the level of his stomach. He was frowning on the small photo. He was always frowning.

 

The elevator arrived and Sehun stepped in but Da Hyun stood still, she didn't want to be in a small space together with him.

“So do you always turn around when you hear someone say babe?” Sehun asked unexpectedly, his sarcastic little grin growing a bit wider. Da Hyun opened her lips but the door's slid close before she could deliver a retort.

“A.sshole”, she hissed when, unexpectedly, the doors slid open again.

“So, you getting on?” Sehun taunted, his finger on the elevator door control button.

“No”, Da Hyun spat indifferently.

“Suit yourself.”

 

The door closed and she pressed the call button but too fast because the doors slid open again. Sehun raised a brow at her and she groaned inwardly for making such a stupid mistake. In the end she got on and stood on the other side of the elevator after pressing the ground button, Sehun was going to the 2nd floor where his office was located.

 

The elevator descended only one floor and then stopped, a bunch of people got on. Da Hyun pressed her side against the wall because of lack of space. And when everyone had gotten off on the ground floor she found herself standing inside with Sehun. He hadn't gotten off at his level, he was standing there with the files in his left hand and this right hand in the pocket of his pants. Again he was looking at her intently. Weirded out by him she took a step towards the exit when he pressed the door control button and the doors slid close in front of her nose. Da Hyun gave him a questioning look when he pressed the 2nd floor button.

 

“You are actually making me curious”, he said, glancing at her from his lateral view. She glared at the closed doors, biting onto her lower lip and her brows furrowing.

 

“I don't love money, I love people.”

 

The office was still a rat's nest, it smelled weird too like there was rotten food somewhere. It wouldn't be too surprising if there actually was. But now that Sehun was dressed into a crisp stylish suit he didn't look like he belonged into such a dumpster. It was almost comical.

 

Wondering why she even came there, Da Hyun took a seat on the leather couch where Mi Rae had been sitting last time. There was a small coffee table in front of the couch and a bookshelf to the left. Other than a lone chair next to the door and Sehun's desk there was no other furniture. The office was a small square box, now dim because the curtains had been pulled in front of the tall window which was located exactly between the couch and the desk.

 

Throwing his files on the already messy desk Sehun further loosened his tie with one hand before taking it off and tossing on a pile of clothes. Yes, there was a duffel bag in front of his desk with a pile of clothes on top. The chair which stood next to the door was piled with papers, files and books. The trash bin next to the couch was covered in empty pizza boxes, kimbab wrappers, empty take out boxes and scrunched up paper balls.

 

Newspapers, empty take out cups, unused tissues, pointless pens, notebooks, cardboard coffee cup tower, candy wrappers and a half eaten doughnut, this all was scattered in front of Da Hyun's eyes on the coffee table. She wondered if Sehun had his own office just because he was too messy. She had always had this impression that prosecutors work in a team so how come he was working alone? Ji Hwan's office was one with four desks, though she had not seen anyone else there before. Jongin had briefly mentioned before that he was staying in that office only for the time being, so they had been the team of three then?

 

Da Hyun snapped from her thoughts when she heard a dragging sound. Sehun had pulled a flap board from one of the corners right in front of the coffee table. He flipped it open and held up a black marker.

 

“I'm going to explain it to you in a very simple way”, he said calmly when he saw Da Hyun's questioning eyes. Like usual he sounded pleased with himself. He brought marker to the untainted white surface and started writing. His handwriting was neat and beautiful.

 

First he wrote 'Jung Woo' on one side and 'money launder' on the other. The he drew a short line from 'Jung Woo' and wrote 'murder', then another line which lead to 'Mi Rae', from there a line to 'Da Hyun', from there one line lead to 'company', from company to 'money', 'money' to 'money launder'. The circle was full. Then as if remembering something he went back to the 'murder' and drew a little questioning mark beside it.

 

Letting out a sigh Da Hyun got up, walked around the table and grabbed the marker from his hand. After giving it a thought she scribbled 'Kang Min' in the middle of it all, from 'Kang Min' lines to 'Jung Woo', 'Mi Rae' and 'company'. She crossed the line between 'company' and 'money' drawing a big question mark over the 'money'. She hesitated a bit before drawing a line also to the 'murder'.

Please log in to read the full chapter