Chapter 20

Nothing's Over
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 20: Forgiven

 

Right or wrong? So frustrating.

It’s complicated.

 

Sometimes life is so unpredictable it confuses us to the point we feel like going crazy. We don’t know what to think, who to look at, where to grab or when to stop. All we can do is just dart all over the place aimlessly like a ping pong ball on the loose. Sehun was feeling that way at the moment as he walked in a random direction, his steps quick and firm. He felt like he wanted to escape from it all, the past and present. His life had never been normal in a sense most people would understand but at the moment it was just way too much to handle anymore. He wanted to laugh but he couldn’t. Wedding... He didn't even want to get married anymore and he knew whom to blame for that.

“Oh Sehun stop right there!”

He stopped like frozen in the middle of the sidewalk. It's as if his feet glued to the asphalt, anger surging through his veins like venom. She definitely chose the wrong moment to pester him. In a flash second, Da Hyun was right in front of him, breathing heavily after the run. He narrowed his eyes at her and his lips curved downwards. He tried to convince himself that he hated her, but he wasn’t all that sure anymore… if he had ever hated her.

“What?”

“How could you just leave like that?” she lectured immediately, placing her hands on her waist. “Your father is upset.”

“And what does this have anything to do with you?”

Da Hyun held her breath for a moment. True, it was unlike her to meddle in these kind of things. Her lips parted, but she didn't know what to say, suddenly she wasn't even sure why she had followed him at all. It had just felt like the right thing to do. That’s all.

“Don't meet my father, don't meet my fiancée, and don't run after me like an idiot. Just don't do anything.” He shot her one quick glare and started walking away, anywhere. Actually, he liked having her running after himself like an idiot but... that only complicated things and he was already at his limits.

“Just let me clarify one thing”, Da Hyun trailed behind him. “I've known your father for many years and when I met you I had no idea you two were related. It's just a crazy coincidence. And by the way, it’s you who should stop getting involved in my business.”

“Of course, you didn't know”, Sehun commented bitterly as he came to a sudden halt. He tucked his hands into the pockets of his jeans, studying her appearance with a thoughtful look in his tired eyes. She was right. It had been him who had approached her first, anyway. It wasn’t a coincidence, everything had been planned ahead. And his intentions had never been good.  He had dug his own grave himself.

Maybe it was due to his weak state of mind or maybe because he couldn’t cope with the jealousy… the words just poured out on their own: “You know”, he muttered absentmindedly. “All my life I have been compared to you, I've been living in your all-mighty shadow like the biggest loser of the century. Isn't that... funny?“

Da Hyun frowned, she wanted to say something but there was nothing she could have said. She only looked at him with questioning look in her eyes, urging him to continue even though she was starting to feel uneasy. He flashed a bittersweet smile, his eyes growing darker. The silence was unbearable so he spoke on.

“I always came second. I was the one who failed and disappointed because Da Hyun succeeded in this and that and in all those things I didn't give a fu.ck about. I was no one, completely worthless. It's like... I stopped existing. And I hate you. I always hated you for making me this way.” His lips tugged into a humorless smile and he shifted his gaze from her face, looking into the distance past her shoulder.

“It would be great if Da Hyun didn't exist, that's what I thought. I wish she disappeared... left... died… anything... just so she wouldn't be here. It would be great... to be loved like she was.” He paused for a short moment as if savoring the aftertaste of his words.

“You can't even imagine how happy I felt when I got this case in my hands. All mighty Kang Da Hyun was about to be crushed by me!” His light brown eyes darted at her and they were full of brooding darkness. “All possible evidence pointed at you and no matter how Jongin tried to convince me to look at Kang Min I refused. I really believed it was you, it would have made sense, it was perfect. But...” He abruptly looked away from her, angling his body sideways and placing one of his hands on his waist.

“Then you... you... why did you do this to me?” Even Sehun wasn't sure if it was a plea, a statement or an accusation. His voice came out quiet and strained, but it didn't waver though it wasn't firm either. Above all, he sounded unsure and hesitant, like a lost child trying to find his way out of trouble.

They were standing on a busy sidewalk and bypassing people were giving them dirty looks for hogging so much space when it was so crowded. But for Da Hyun, she saw only Sehun. What he had just said shocked and confused her. Countless questions started circling her mind: how, why, when... She didn't know what to say, what to think, how to react, how to move on with the discussion. He just stood there, watching the traffic and she stared at his side profile. His eyes were half-lidded and his lips formed a straight thin line. Da Hyun had no idea what he was thinking or what he was expecting from her. As a matter of a fact, he didn't expect anything.

“Let's go.” He just sighed, tossing her one indifferent glance.

“Wait”, Da Hyun grabbed his hand, it was cold. He tried to pull away but she held on tightly. “Tell me more.”

“Don't be ridiculous.”

“Tell me.”

“Tell you what?” He hissed, anger and hurt mixing into a trembling frown on his face. “What?”

“What happened?” Da Hyun asked in a weak voice, her eyes searching his, begging him to explain better so she could understand what it was exactly what he had gone through. But his grim eyes revealed no emotion and she still didn’t know how to comfort him. That’s what she wanted to do; it was the first thought that had crossed her mind and it was the only one that felt right.

“I've got nothing else to say.” Sehun finally freed his hand and started walking in a random direction. As if he had been in a trance all this time, he suddenly realized what he had done and he couldn’t believe that he had said all that out loud. He downright panicked, cursing himself for acting like such a loser. Nothing was even her fault and there he was, complaining and whining like a ball-less coward, blaming others for his own mistakes. He was so ashamed that he wanted to die right there.

“Liar!” Da Hyun yelled after him. “Wait!”

“How annoying”, Sehun muttered under his breath. He stuffed his hands in the pockets of his pants and walked faster. She was right behind him and he knew that, so once he saw a narrow alley he decided to go for it. He did what he knew the best, he ran. And he was not going to stop.

“Prosecutor Oh! Stop right there!” Da Hyun sprinted after him in disbelief. If anything he was being childish.

 

Heartbeats, so many fast heartbeats.

 

It took her a while to finally catch up to Sehun and by that time they were both totally out of breath, both sweating excessively. She finally grabbed his wrist, successfully stopping him. He spun around and glared at her with contempt. He couldn’t face her now, he didn’t know how to. And he hated her stubbornness, wishing she’d just leave him alone. “Don’t care about me, I beg you…”

“What did I tell you just a while ago?” he growled.

“That you hate me?”

“No, before that.”

“Living in my shadow an-”

“Before that!”

“I just want to talk”, Da Hyun pouted her lips, giving him a pleading look. “Stop always escaping. Just like with Jongin, you dragged that for years.”

He hated how she spoke like she knew everything when she had no idea. It downright enraged him. “Guess what? I have dragged this through my whole life up until now, so it doesn't really matter if I eventually take it to my grave!” Sehun snapped, violently jerking his wrist free from her firm hold. For a small woman, she was surprisingly strong and for the umpteenth time he wondered where that strength even came from.

“All your life?” Da Hyun gaped at him, her heart jumping to . “You mean... you-”

“Would you shut up!” He towered over her, making her take a step back. She always somehow forgot that he was so tall and big. “Enough is enough! Leave me alone for Christ's sake.”

“But what about the tux fitting?” she asked in a small voice. “It's the other way.”

Irritation in Sehun's eyes intensified and he finally reached his limit, his anger boiling over. “I don't give a fu.ck about that now.”

“Bu-“

“Get the fu.ck outta my face you stupid bit.ch!” His yell sliced the air and they both became silent. They stared at each other while their heavy breaths filled the tiny space between their faces. And just as Da Hyun opened to speak, an old woman walked past them, turning the whole situation from tense to awkward. Da Hyun sighed and looked around while his intent eyes were strictly on her. Then she grabbed his wrist and pulled him into another alley. It was dim and narrow, giving them the much needed privacy.

“Your nasty attitude is exactly the reason why your father is so suspicious!” she hissed. “I promised him to bring you back and I will do so. Calm down, get a grip and let it go.”

“Did you hear what I just said or are you pretending to be an idiot?” Sehun's voice came out desperate already. “Leave me alone.”

“And if I don't? What are you going to do?” Da Hyun taunted, but then her eyes widened and she let out a strained yelp when he pushed her against the wall, caging her between his arms. His almond eyes stared straight into hers, intruding deeper and deeper. He didn't say anything, only glared at her murderously and she had to agree that he knew how to be intimidating in a way it was actually scary.

 “What next?” Da Hyun scoffed. “Such a man, huh…” If he thought that she would be intimidated or scared of his big body and violent attitude he was wrong. “You gonna kiss me or something?”

“And what if I do?” He decided to let her taste her own medicine.

“I dare y-”

She quickly pushed his head away once his lips had touched hers but, instantly, he went for another kiss. She slapped his chest and turned her head to the side, her eyes filling with anger. He grabbed her chin and forced her to look at himself, surprisingly by the fierce look she was giving him, but he wouldn't let that stop him, not now. Da Hyun slapped his hand away, finally gaining some space for a head-. He knew what to expect and placed his palm on her forehead, holding her head against the wall.

“So?” Sehun mocked. “I have got you in a pinch Miss CEO, haven't I?”

“Stop this immediately”, she ordered with so much authority he almost wanted to obey, but he held his stance. “Yah, this is ual harassment!”

A sardonic little smile played on his lips. “Then go ahead”, he paused to smirk, “and report me.”

“You are so freaking childish! Did you know that?” Da Hyun spat. She tried to kick him in the shins but he leaned in, pressing his waist into hers and locking her legs against the wall with his own.

“What the fu.ck, man?”

“Listen here, babe.”

Sehun leaned so close his chest pressed against hers and she took a sharp breath, her cheeks flushing red. His forearms were on the both sides of her head and his radiant warmth enveloped her, blocking out the rest of the world. Da Hyun realized that she was once again getting affected and that thought made her panic. He leaned to whisper something in her ear, but she couldn't hear anything. Instead, she concentrated on the giddy sensation his breath left behind once it collided with her skin. Her heart was beating like a boom box and grew dry.

 

“What is this man doing to me?”

 

To prevent herself from going crazy with lust, Da Hyun tried to distract herself with what he had said earlier. She concentrated on gathering her scattered thoughts into something what would make sense and bring clarity into her clouded mind. And slowly, her heart calmed down, her breathing grew even. She saw everything so clearly now, his past reflected on his current lifestyle. He was not a bad person, not even broken… just bitter and lonely. Simply an idiot!

He was afraid to appear weak and useless. This man in front of her, he was suffering because he thought that bleeding to death was better option than letting anyone know how much it hurt. So, instead of asking for a Band-Aid, he preferred to pretend that he was okay. And more than anyone or anything, he hated himself. For not being good enough, not being strong enough, not righteous enough, not kind enough, nothing was enough... and that's why he was suffering for nothing.

“Were you listening?” Sehun's voice intruded Da Hyun's thoughts and she realized that she had been spacing out. He was not pushing her against the wall anymore; he had taken a step back and placed his palms on his waist. He looked angry, though. That dissatisfied face, that horrible frown, his lips were always curving downwards. Maybe Sehun was just confused? Lost, wandering somewhere in the gray areas, unable to see colors, unable to decide. What is the right thing to do? What makes him happy? And what if those things don't match at all?

Some would say that he needed time but no, not everything could be healed with time alone. Sometimes, time only makes everything worse, unattended wounds get infected and the infection spreads, eventually bringing death. Yes, sometimes we need help, no time, no medicine but someone who would understand us, hold us and tell us that it's all right. You can be the way you are and there is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it takes the right person to make everything better, to make things right.

“Don’t be sad, don’t be so sad.”

“Are you all right?”

“I...” Da Hyun muttered lifelessly when Sehun shook her. His palms were now on her shoulders and he was looking straight into her eyes. But his gaze was different from before, there was concern and maybe even regret. Suddenly his eyes weren't dark but the lightest brown there could be, with a flicker of affection. She found herself getting lost in those sad mysterious eyes.

“Did I scare you?” He whispered worriedly. “I-I'm s-sorry.”

“Scared me? What do you mean?”

Then she realized it, that her cheeks were moist. She quickly wiped the tears away, unable to tell at what point they had fallen. There was something touching about the whole situation, something bittersweet. She understood him so well yet she felt helpless.

“Da Hy-un”, Sehun gasped when she hugged him tightly. His hands were left hovering in midair, where her shoulders had been just a few seconds ago. “What are you doing?”

“Why didn't you find me earlier?” she breathed out, her quiet voice getting muffled in his sweater.

She couldn't believe that it was possible to hurt someone so indirectly, just by existing somewhere. To smash someone’s self-esteem into shards, to break someone’s confidence to the point they would lose themselves, it was easier than she could have ever imagined. “He said, all his life...” But Da Hyun was not going to say sorry, there was no need to. She wasn't sorry for existing, she was thankful for that. Being sorry and feeling sorry for someone, those were two different things.

“Find you earlier? What are you talking about?”

“You should have come to find me and yell at me. You should have... told me.” She choked on her tears. “And then, I would have kicked your a.ss for being such an idiot.”

A confused frown settled on Sehun's features and his lips parted, but he didn't know what to say. He wasn't sure what she meant or why she was crying now. His hands were still stuck in midair and he thought that her quiet barely audible sobs were the most horrible sound he had ever heard. It was ripping him apart.

“You are not worthless.”

He hugged her, burying his face in her fragrant hair. His body grew rigid and he felt warmth spreading inside of him. There was no more anger, no annoyance, and no hatred. There was nothing, he simply felt numb. She didn’t apologize and somehow that really touched him deep inside. It felt like she understood him and he had never imagined that being understood could feel so good. He didn’t need anyone’s apologies, he just needed… needed… this.

“Don’t cry. I’m sorry”, he whispered, moving his palm across her back. “I’m sorry, Da Hyun.”

“It’s not your fault”, she muttered, pulling away from the hug. Her eyes slowly found his and she wiped her cheeks with the back of her hand. “How embarrassing…”

“I didn’t mean… just… forget what I said earlier”, Sehun mumbled awkwardly.

“It’s okay…”

“No, it’s not”, he grunted. “It’s not okay.”

“You can’t help it”, she said in a small voice, peering at his face from under her bangs. “It’s understandable.”

“No, it isn’t.”

She looked at him in astonishment, not knowing what else to say. Honestly speaking, this kind of situation was new to her. Those had been his real feelings, raw and palpable. She had seen his vulnerable soul reflecting in his gentle honey brown eyes, all the hurt, agony and helplessness. He had been , completely defenseless and if she had not been careful she could have crushed him for good. She could have broken him so bad he’d never be able to get himself fixed. Da Hyun felt thankful and scared at the same time about the fact that he had chosen to expose himself like that in front of her. In one hand she understood, since she had brought so much misery to his life but in the other hand… she wondered what did it mean when he chose to open up like that? What did he expect, what did he want? What was she supposed to do now?

Feeling helpless to the point it was crushing her, Da Hyun covered her face with her palms and sobbed.

“Da Hyun”, Sehun gasped in shock. “What’s wrong? Did I…” The remaining words got stuck in his throat, of course, he had hurt her. Why else would she cry like this? It was so unlike her too. He grabbed her wrists and pulled her hands away from her face, quickly cupping her cheeks with his own palms. He forced her to look at himself and searched her eyes. She stared at him, blinking the tears away, trying her best to swallow every single sob that threatened to spill. There was no smile on his face and his brows were slightly furrowed. His eyes, once again mysterious, didn't reveal any emotion.

Da Hyun let out a small sigh and lowered her gaze. “What are you thinking about now?”

“I'm wondering”, Sehun spoke after a long silence. He kept gazing at her face, his palms were still on her cheeks and his thumbs caressed the reddened skin, wiping the moisture away.

“About what?” Da Hyun's voice became hoarse; she felt a powerful pang in her heart when he looked at her so attentively. His eyes could make her forget about everything in the whole world and now they stopped her from crying. They were ordering her to stop and she stopped.

“About you.”

“What about me?”

Their whispers were barely audible.

“Da Hyun....”

“What?”

“Look at me.”

“What?”

“I’m really sorry.”

“And I forgive you.”

A lonely tear dropped from his eyelash and rolled down his cheek. Only one tear.

“Sehun… you…” Da Hyun looked at him with worry. “Ar-are you all right?”

He couldn’t take it anymore. He was not okay but he didn’t hate it. Being not okay, it felt somewhat good too. His stormy feelings getting the best of him, Sehun leaned in and pressed his lips against hers, wrapping his arms around her waist. But she quickly withdrew and slapped him, leaving him with his mouth agape, staring at her like she had turned into an alien all of a sudden.

“What do you think you are doing?” she shrieked, with a hint of disappointment in her voice.

“I...”

“I just wanted to comfort you and... how dare you go all on me in this kind of a situation?”

“Excuse me?” Sehun croaked.

Somehow the atmosphere changed from tender to tense.

“I can't believe we are late for the tux fitting and here you are, kissing me.”

“That's it”, Sehun's face became blank in an instant. Just now, he had felt so much chemistry between himself and her, but apparently she felt differently. He knew that he had no right to get angry but he still did. Of all possible things, she just had to bring up the tux fitting. “Fuc.k you, Da Hyun! I freaking hate you go and die.” He spat childishly before walking past her, his shoulder bumping into hers.

“What? Go and die?” She followed him. “What was that for?”

“What was the slap for?”

“Hey, I am not here to ruin your wedding. I want you to get married. If I lose the bet who knows what your father will do to me”, she rambled as she trailed behind him. At least, he was going to the right direction.

“It's useless to bet, the wedding will never be canceled.” He couldn't believe she was betting with his father about such things.

“Then start acting like you care!”

Her cheeks were still a red from crying and seeing her like that made his heart soften. It was troublesome because he wanted to stay angry, so he concentrated on staring in front of himself, glaring at whomever his eyes landed on. She followed him quietly with her arms crossed over her chest, frowning too.

 

The two stopped at a big crossing and waited for the lights to change. Sehun glanced at Da Hyun from the corners of his eyes and saw that she was clearly frustrated. “Damn, I want to slam her into the wall and kiss her senseless.” He tucked his hands into the pockets of his pants, shifting his gaze to the other side of the road, where the little coffee shop was located. Tux fitting was the last thing he wanted to do at the moment but there he was. He'd soon get married and... everything seemed so dull and meaningless.

“Look, sorry I slapped you earlier. I went overboard”, Da Hyun said all of a sudden. “But you too...”

“Let's just pretend nothing happened.”

The traffic lights changed to green, but neither of them moved. They stood there side by side, both staring ahead.

“From now on”, Da Hyun's voice was firm. “Let's pretend that nothing ever happened. None of those intimate instances.”

“I think that’s impossible.” Sehun leered at her, his tongue running over his upper lip. He couldn’t help it, really. He wanted to fu.ck her.

“I am being serious. This is for our own good”, Da Hyun reasoned, tossing him a stern look. But the suggestive dark look in his eyes made her wince and her heart jolted helplessly in her chest. His lips started to tug into a playful smirk and she decided, right there and then, that she hated his smirks, all of them. A dissatisfied frown spread across Da Hyun's face and she glowered at him.

“What?” he asked with throaty voice.

“I'm trying to talk to you.”

“And I am listening.”

“No, you are not! You are making fun of me. Am I that funny to you?”

“Yes.”

Silence fell between them and Da Hyun gritted her teeth, his short answer irritating her beyond words. Either they argued or then made fun of each other, it truly was impossible to hold a normal discussion with him. She had never met anyone like this in her life, someone who refused to get along with her and made it hard for her too. Perhaps, she now understood him a bit better but that didn't change the fact that he was, indeed, driving her crazy.

“Then what about the kiss we shared on the street?” Sehun's asked smugly.

“What kiss?”

“This one.“ He moved closer, invading her personal space as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. She looked at him and opened to protest when his lips landed on her forehead. It was a gentle but firm kiss and his warmth instantly wrapped around her, the pleasant smell of his cologne reaching her nostrils.

“Thank you”, he whispered into her hair and leaned away. He wanted to hold her longer and kiss her on the lips with no restraint, but for once he held himself back. He didn’t want to make her too uncomfortable. “Maybe some other time then…”

“What are... you... doing?” Da Hyun asked in shock, rubbing her forehead. “What-”

“You said to forget so let's forget”, he taunted. “Anything you want, baby.”

“Yah!” Da Hyun slapped his arm. “What if someone saw? I am a public figure now.” She furiously looked around and quickly threw the hood over her head, wrapping the scarf tighter around her neck and chin. Sehun heaved a laugh at her reaction.

“Sure, why don't you brag about it a bit more?”

“You know what? Just shut up and never talk to me again”, she snapped, turning her head away from him but he caught the blush on her cheeks. “I can't believe your guts!”

Stuffing his hands in his pants' pockets Sehun followed her with a lingering smile on his lips. Somehow, his shoulders felt now lighter. After spilling his feelings it became easier to breathe, his chest wasn't so tight anymore. He knew that he should have told her more, explained better. But anyway, she had grasped the essence of it all perhaps due to her own situation. And her reaction had been beyond his expectations. He wasn't sure why the words had spilled from his lips, but he didn't regret anything.

The person whom he had hated all his life hugged him. Someone who had made him feel worthless for so long told him that he was anything but that. He didn't know what he should think about this. The feeling was overwhelming yet warm and fizzy. Her tears, her hug, her concern... he found himself craving for more and that scared him. If he had hated her so passionately then what would happen if he loved her instead? After all, hate mirrors love, and it's not like his thoughts about her had always been bad. Not at all.

 

More than the need to hate her...

...he had needed her.

 

“Hey, baby. Do you hate me now?” Sehun held the door open for her as she walked into the coffee shop. Hong Kyu and Hyuk Jae were still waiting for them.

She looked at him flatly and then closed her eyes for a moment, to calm herself down. “Don't.”

“You didn't answer.”

“Just don't.”

“Baby~” Sehun cooed in a quiet voice, nudging her side with his elbow.

“If you keep that up I will hate you”, Da Hyun grunted and then smiled at the two men. Sehun shot his father a glare, silently scolding him for making useless bets.

“You are 10 minutes late”, Hyuk Jae pointed out as he stood up. He grabbed Sehun's coat from the chair and threw it at the latter. “But I guess that's all right since you brought him back.”

“What took you two so long?” Hong Kyu wiggled his eyebrows, a smirk creeping on his lips.

“What are you implying?” Da Hyun eyed him with suspicion.

“Oh, did you cry?” Hong Kyu squinted his eyes at her red cheeks.

“Of course, not.” Da Hyun glanced at Sehun who stood beside her. “It's just cold.”

“Son, if I ever find out that you made her cry”, Hyuk Jae warned. “I'll do unimaginable things to you.”

“Like me?” Sehun asked dully. “I'm so scared…”

“Let's just go”, Da Hyun said. “I have to make it to Eun Yoo's wedding dress fitting.”

“So you are going there?” Sehun let out a frustrated sigh.

“No matter what you say I will go, so save your breath.”

Sehun groaned inwardly. “You are driving me crazy, woman!”

“He just wants you to tag along with us”, Hyuk Jae teased, glancing mysteriously at his son. The latter was in the midst of throwing his coat on.

“Why would she tag along? That's just weird...”

“Yeah.”

Hyuk Jae and Hong Kyu exchanged glanced and stared at them in surprise. The two actually agreed on something without a fight.

“What is it? Is there something on my face?” Da Hyun touched her chin.

“No…” Hyuk Jae blinked. “Anyway, shall we go?”

“Whatever”, Sehun muttered before walking towards the entrance.

“Did something happen?” Hong Kyu exchanged glanced with Da Hyun.

“What could happen?” she groaned, thinking about the kiss, of course. “Nothing happened.”

But her eyes told him everything. Hong Kyu could read her like an open book, he had known her for too long to not notice. “Geez.” He wrapped his arm around Da Hyun's shoulders. “You know that you can tell me anything, right?”

“Stop worrying, everything is all right.”

 

You are still the same, Da Hyun. Still the same.

 

*

 

Whoever said that choosing a wedding dress was easy… was wrong. There were so many pretty ones to choose from and Eun Yoo wasn't even sure what kind of style she preferred. She wasn't much of a shopper either. On the other hand, Shin Hye and Da Hyun got totally excited and couldn't stop squealing. They decided to try on some dresses too because why not. Meanwhile Ha Ni chit chatted with the shop assistant, they acted as judges but it wasn't easy because every dress looked so perfect on Eun Yoo’s slender figure. Everything white suited her extremely well, complimenting her fair skin and innocent character.

“Can you help me zip this up?” Da Hyun turned her back at blushing Eun Yoo. The three females were squeezed into one fitting booth so they could help each other with the dresses. The booths were spacious enough, anyway.

“You look really pretty in this one”, Eun Yoo complimented.

“Thank you”, Da Hyun smiled sweetly at her. “Though, I wish I was as pretty as you.”

“Yeah, unni is really the prettiest”, Shin Hye agreed. “Why do you always hide your body with those plain clothes?”

Eun Yoo lowered her gaze, feeling a bit awkward after being complimented so much.

“No need to be shy”, Da Hyun wrapped her arm around Eun Yoo's shoulders and held a thumb up. “The most important thing is to be confident. It's not about the dress it's about how you carry it!”

“Well, it's a little about the dress though”, Shin Hye corrected.

“But the dress can always be changed.”

“And it's a little about the underwear too!”

“It's a lot about the underwear”, Da Hyun laughed. “By the way, where do you buy yours, looks good.”

“Pretty much online, I'm too lazy to shop. But unni, yours is really y too.”

Eun Yoo silently agreed, but she was too shy to say anything and secretly felt ashamed of her own simple style.

“But unni is the cutest”, Da Hyun glanced at Eun Yoo, as if reminding her with this little gesture that there was nothing to be ashamed of.

“All right, I'm ready!” Shin Hye grinned, picked up the hem of her dress, and rushed out.

“What do you think?”

Da Hyun looked at Eun Yoo from head to toe and nodded approvingly, reaching her hand to arrange the latter’s hair a bit. Looking closer at Eun Yoo’s face, she had pretty round eyes, long eyelashes and heart shaped lips. She was like a princess with kind and humble heart, and what made her even more beautiful was not her appearance but what was inside. Da Hyun thought that this woman was probably perfect for Sehun. He needed to be loved by someone gentle and sweet like this. Maybe then, he wouldn’t feel so sad and lonely anymore.

“You are going to be such a pretty bride. I'm even a bit jealous.” Da Hyun flashed a lopsided smile. “You are perfect.” It was the truth, she meant every word and in her mind, she apologized countless times. “I promise I won’t break your happiness. Don’t worry about anything; I’ll stand behind my words.”

Da Hyun had no idea how much her words actually affected Eun Yoo. There was only a meek smile on the surface but what was going on inside was much more significant and powerful. Meanwhile, Da Hyun was going through an internal turmoil too. Even though she acted happy on the surface, guilt was gnawing at her insides. She blinked rapidly when Eun Yoo leaned closer to her, their noses almost brushing together. Chills ran down her spine and she swallowed hard. There was something about the look in Eun Yoo’s eyes, something unfamiliar. Something what shouldn’t have been there.

“Uh sorry, I lost my balance”, Eun Yoo stuttered, her cheeks flushing red.

“That’s fine. Are you okay? Did you hurt your ankle?”

“No, I’m fine.”

 

“Ta dah!” Shin Hye ran out with her arms spread in the air and spun around. Like the princess she was. “How do I look like?”

Sehun's jaw dropped. His little sister who was just a baby in his eyes could look so y and pretty. He definitely didn't like that.

“Yah!” he growled. “Go take that off before some as.shole comes in and steals you away!”

“Oppa!” Her eyes widened in surprise. “What are you doing here?” Then her eyes fell on Hong Kyu and she blushed. Sehun looked at him too and then slapped the back of his head.

“Don't look at her like that.”

“Is she your sister? Wow, I couldn't tell since she is so much cuter”, Hong Kyu smirked while rubbing his head. He blinked in surprise when Shin Hye was suddenly in front of him observing his face.

“Oppa, is he your friend?” she asked without even looking at Sehun. “Oh, you are so handsome”, she sighed dreamily. Hong Kyu chuckled.

“Yah”, Sehun pulled her away and turned to look at their amused mother. “Why would you let her in here? Look at her, what if someone falls in love with her?”

“Calm down”, Ha Ni brushed it off. “Can't girls have some fun? Where is Eun Yoo why isn't she coming out?”

“Hey oppa, are you single?” Sehun heard Shin Hye's voice behind himself and his eyes widened.

“Yah!” He spun around and glared at the two. “I'm counting to three.”

“Wanna date?”

Shin Hye nodded rapidly but then Sehun grabbed her by the collar and pulled away.

“I don’t approve.”

“Why not?” Ha Ni asked. “He

Please log in to read the full chapter