Chapter 2 (M)

Nothing's Over
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Enemies II

 

The prosecutor was a greedy dickface with only one goal in his mind: to get promoted. He dressed shabbily, had an awful hairstyle, didn't like to take showers, and his attitude was nastier than a rotten dumpster in the summer heat. The detective was a smooth-talking playboy who had his ways with smiles and words. He had a good sense of fashion, his appearance was neat at all times and when messy still y and pleasant. He was nice, sweet and attractive like a well-kept rose garden.

After giving it a proper thought, Da Hyun found Jongin extremely suspicious because his motives were hidden. What came to Sehun he was transparent like a clean glass window. He had a clear motive, it didn't mean his motive was good but at least it was clear. At least that.

In all its simplicity, he wanted Da Hyun behind the bars just so the case could be over sooner and he could get promoted. No doubts about that. He was real to the core. He was so real that he didn't even shower so anyone could smell his real self from far already. This didn't mean he was a good person, for he was the most disgusting man Da Hyun had ever encountered in her life.

Then there was Jongin who was probably scheming something complicated behind his sweet playboy mask. People like him, suave and cunning, were always complicated. Mi Rae was wrapped around his finger already and it was evident he was going after Da Hyun too, at least to her. Why else would he stay around to cook for her and even wash the dishes? He was snooping around for something. He was fake to the core. He was like a brick wall, steady and thick. It would be impossible to see through him. He had his emotions in check at all times, unlike the bratty prosecutor who was a walking time bomb, exploding all over.

All her life, Da Hyun had been waiting to meet someone like Jongin, someone she wouldn't be able to figure out to the death of her. That was probably the reason why she was so attracted to him so easily. She liked the challenge, she liked mysterious people, and she liked witty games, but not in a situation like this. That's why she found herself stirring to Sehun's direction because she could, at least, understand him. Inevitably she trusted his words.

This didn't mean she would work with him, it would be impossible. He was a corrupt prosecutor and she would never give up on her freedom without a fight. But why couldn't it be the other way around? Why did it have to turn out so that the man she could actually somehow trust was so against her? “Maybe if I went to talk to him... No!” She would never even spare another look at him. His rudeness made her shudder in disgust.

Then she wondered about the fallout between the two. What in the world had happened? If she was to believe Jongin's words Sehun stole the case because he wanted to blame her, but Jongin wanted to protect her and that's why they were fighting now. That didn't make much sense, though. It would be too simple, too easy, it sounded like a well-planned trap. That's why it was time to exchange a few well-chosen words with a third person.

 

Shin Kang Min was tall and had broad shoulders. Some would call him handsome, but every man could be “handsome” when wearing a suit. What made Kang Min ugly was not his face but his horrible character, even worse than Sehun's. Of course, he was good looking or Mi Rae would have never married him in the first place (though at that time she didn't have much of a choice). He was smart, but he could never outsmart Da Hyun. He was sly and egoistic to the point it was unbearable. He was a beast. At this point, Da Hyun wondered who was worse, him or Sehun? She couldn’t tell, they were both greedy a.ssholes.  

Kang Min's secretary stood up and bowed when she saw Da Hyun.

“Good afternoon CEO!”

“Is he in the office?”

“Yes, but he has a guest.”

“I see, then could you call me when he is free again?”

“Of course, I will let you know.”

Just when the last word had left the secretary's lips, the office door opened and both women turned their heads towards it. Da Hyun frowned with suspicion when she saw Jongin. Of course, it was obvious he would see Kang Min too, since the latter was related to Mi Rae, but seeing these two together didn't please her at all. Somehow they looked good together, a sly fox and a ferocious lynx.

“Did you prepare the documents?” Kang Min asked his secretary.

“Yes, here they are.” She handed a brown envelope to him and he glanced at Da Hyun as he accepted it with a satisfied smile. Jongin ignored her, pretending he didn't even know her, but Da Hyun didn't pay any attention to him either, her eyes were on Kang Min only. The envelope was handed to the detective, he said his short goodbyes and left.

“What brings you here?” Kang Min asked blandly, his eyes scanning her lazily. “I'm busy.”

“We need to talk.”

“I'll give you five minutes.”

“That should be enough.”

 

Once they were in the office and the door was closed Da Hyun went straight to business. When it came to Kang Min she didn't like to beat around the bush, he didn't like it either. They were both straightforward and blunt, at least with each other.

“Are you working with that detective?” Da Hyun asked sternly, her intent eyes following his every move. Kang Min walked to his desk and glanced over the scattered papers.

“My my... As blunt as ever...”

“Don't di.ck around and answer”, she spat, her voice sharp and demanding. 

“Don't order me around”, Kang Min scoffed. He leaned against his wide desk and crossed his arms over his chest, his eyes now on her. “What do you want?”

“You did it, didn't you?”

A faint smile spread on Kang Min's thin lips and he would have looked attractive if his smile wasn't so wicked. “Or maybe it was you?” Each word rolled from his tongue slowly, teasingly.

“I know it was you and I am going to prove it,” Da Hyun said matter-of-factly, eyeing him with arrogant glint in her eyes. She was standing a few feet away from him, leaning on her crutches and she hated to appear so vulnerable, it made her feel smaller. She cursed Sehun in her mind for causing her the injury.

“Ridiculous, you have got nothing on me... If this is why you came, then stop wasting my time as well as yours.”

“Of all people you used Mi Rae as your scapegoat. A woman with two children... I didn't think you would go so low.”

“If you want you can take her place. Everyone would be glad to see you go”, Kang Min commented indifferently. “Why don't you just save our time and give yourself in?”

“You are so .ing shameless. To think that father favored you... He is probably turning in his grave by now”, Da Hyun's voice dripped with spite, her eyes shooting daggers at him.

“Are you not leaving yet?” Kang Min glared at her, but his anger didn't have any effect on her, for she was too used to clashing with him. Tearing his eyes off her always so stern face he glanced at the surface of his desk again. God, he hated this woman, he hated her with passion. If she was anyone else he would have ripped her apart long ago, but she was Kang Da Hyun and he wanted to have his sweet time with her. He'd make her suffer a slow and painful death. He'd torture her until she'd beg him to stop. And he would never stop.

“Knowing how dumb you are, I am sure you have made a mistake and I am going to find that mistake”, Da Hyun flashed a confident smile. “After all, I am used to beating you in everything I do.”

“Get out before I lose my temper.”

“Just let me say this”, her eyes turned colder. “My father built this company from a scratch. He sacrificed his everything to get us where we are now. And I am not going to let you have even one bit of it. In fact, you don't deserve to be around here even now. Resign.”

Her last word lingered in the air for a long moment, her cold and authoritative voice ringing in his ears, driving him mad. Never in his life had Kang Min been insulted like this. He had been insulted by her countless of times but this! “Resign, she said…” This affected him more than he led on. It enraged him, it made his blood boil. She was nothing and she was no one, so how could she look down on him like this?

Anger and surprise mixed in Kang Min's eyes and the corner of his mouth twitched. He straightened up, his arms dropping to his sides and his aura growing ominous. But she didn't budge, her eyes were still on him, she stood there unaffected. She was never affected, ever. Now he hated her even more.

 

He had declared a war.

Now it was her turn.

 

“What did you just say?”

“The only way for you to save yourself is to come clean and atone for your sins.”

“What?” Kang Min's hands rolled into tight fists. He couldn't stand her to begin with, but once she started with her insults it got him all fired up. Every single time. If she didn't stop now he didn't know what he would do to her.

“In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to find out you had something to do with father's sudden death. Did you kill him too?” Da Hyun taunted, enjoying every bit of his irritation. The angrier he got the easier he'd speak, the easier words would slip from his lips. She knew him too well to stop now.

“This is the last warning”, Kang Min said through gritted teeth. “Get out now.”

“No, I am not going to get out!” Da Hyun raised her voice. “I came here for answers! That man Mi Rae was seeing, you killed him, didn't you? Just because you couldn't face the reality. That you are nothing but a loser, you are worthless sh.it.”

Kang Min grabbed a book from his desk and threw it at Da Hyun but she dodged and it fell somewhere behind her.

“Of all people you framed Mi Rae and that was your mistake. You don't mess with me! I won't let you get away!” She continued, her voice heated and tense.

“I told you to shut your fu.cking mouth!” Kang Min yelled. “Shut the fu.ck up!”

“Then why are you not denying this?” Da Hyun yelled back. “Did you really do it you fuc.ker?!”

“If I did then what are you going to do about it? There are no leads, all evidence points at that bit.ch and eventually at you”, he answered as heatedly. “What are you going to do about that?”

“Shin Kang Min!” Da Hyun hissed. “How dare you?”

 

Deep in her heart, she had wished it wasn't true. All along she had suspected him but she hoped she was wrong, really. If only it wasn't Kang Min that would be good, she had thought. If only it wasn't him. Her father had chosen him, she wanted to believe in him too, but he never let her. He always proved to be a disappointment.

Kang Min didn't say anything. He only glared at her from under his furrowed brows. Before meeting her, he had always been the best, but once she had appeared in his life he became nothing but a loser. How much he loathed her, he could not put in words, and how happy he would become if she suddenly disappeared, he couldn't even imagine. It wouldn't be enough for her to leave; he wanted her to stop existing. Da Hyun pursed her lips together when he came closer, taunting him with her eyes. She always had a superior glint in them when she looked at him. If only he could gauge those arrogant eyes out... If only...

“Watch your mouth or I'll get rid of you too”, Kang Min hissed once he had stopped right in front of her. She could see blood thirst in his eyes and that made her shiver, but she didn't waver. Da Hyun was too confident to let anyone make her feel small and weak. She might have been uncomfortable under his glare, maybe even a tad bit frightened, but she'd never show it.

“Why don't you just do it then? Just get rid of me and show everyone what kind of monster you have become”, she jeered. “But you won't be able to do it anyway, you haven't got balls for that”, she added when he didn't answer.

His hand shot up and his cold fingers pressed against her soft skin around . “Anything else?” he snarled.

“Let go!”

She glared at him and her eyes reminded him of her late father, those were the same eyes. All those promises which never got fulfilled flashed through his mind and got his blood boiling. How much he loathed this family. He could have become so much more yet he had stuck around believing they would give him a chance to make it big. Only thinking about this made him go crazy from rage, all those lost chances.

 

They broke him and now it was his turn to break them.

 

“Do you think I will be scared of you if you do this?” Da Hyun grabbed his wrist and pulled his hand away from herself.

“This is just a warning, watch your back.”

“Is that a threat?”

“It's a death sentence”, he whispered.

“I'm not going to die that easy”, Da Hyun scoffed.

 

Kang Min gave her a hard stare. “I'll remember you said that once I turn my knife in your heart.” Da Hyun frowned when she saw that insane glint in his eyes. “In my mind I have killed you countless times. Do you want to know which was the best one?”

“You have lost your mind”, she spat. “That's enough. I'll give you two days to write your resignation letter and then I'll kick you out.”

“Do that, then I won't have anything to lose.”

“Wrong. You have lost everything already. To me.”

“Then it's about the time you lost something too.”

Unexpectedly Kang Min pulled Da Hyun towards the sofa before shoving her backward. She took a step back, he pushed her even harder, and she lost her balance, falling over the sofa's handrest. The crutches fell from her hands as she landed on cold leather cushions with her elbows. Angry and frustrated she looked up only to see Kang Min's satisfied smirk. He placed one of his knees on the handrest, right between her thighs.

“Let me see, what else could be more important to you than your life?” he whispered, leaning closer to her, placing one of his hands on her knee and the other on the backrest. “Would it be your dignity?” His cold eyes glinted and brows arched.

“You wouldn't dare!” Da Hyun spat.

“Wrong. I don't want to but I sure as he.ll dare.” His hand slid up her tight, his fingers slipping under her skirt and his lips twisted into a small cruel smile when he saw a tint of dread in her eyes. “There is no better way to disgrace a woman, but there is a way to disgrace her more.”

Da Hyun was about to inch away from him but this time he was faster and he was stronger. Suddenly, she found herself in an unbelievable situation, her face pressed against the crunchy leather and her behind sticking out in the air.

“Yah! Let go this instant!” She yelled when Kang Min's fingers ped her skirt. “Bastard! I'll get you behind the bars for this!”

“You won't dare to talk about this to anyone. I know you well enough.”

“Don't be so sure about that! Let me go this instant! I'll kill you if you dare to go any further!” Da Hyun growled.

“Why? Will your true nature finally show? I'm getting curious”, Kang Min let out a mocking laughter. “Your double standards are admirable.”

“I'll use whatever or whoever I have to get at you, I swear! I'll make you beg for forgiveness at my feet!”

“Shut up!” Kang Min grabbed her hair and smashed her face into the sofa. “Be a good bit.ch now.”

It was hard to breathe and Da Hyun couldn't move her head. She gritted her teeth, waiting for an opportunity to get away from him, but Kang Min's hand moved fast and he had already pulled her skirt down, revealing her behind now only clad in skin colored stockings, her red string covering nothing. Her heart beat restlessly and she couldn't believe how the situation was playing out. If only her ankle wasn't hurt none of this would have happened.

Steadying her hands against the cushion she was about to wrestle her upper body up, when he pushed her further forward his fingers brushing against her skin as he grabbed the waist of her stockings pulling them down with one fast movement. Da Hyun shuddered in disgust.

“Stay still”, his cold voice ordered from somewhere behind and Da Hyun's body froze. She didn't know what had come over her, was she actually frightened? That would be the first time she experienced something like that in Kang Min's presence. Would this be it? His hand pushed her face deeper into the cushion as he undid his belt. Would she really let him humiliate her in this way? She wanted to fight back, but suddenly all strength drained from her body. She closed her eyes tightly, trying to calm herself down, trying to assure herself that she'd get out of this situation somehow. Her heart jolted in her chest when he started to peel her underwear off.

“What's this?” Kang Min let out a cold chuckle. “You are being so obedient all of a sudden? Could it be you like this?”

She was about to spit a retort, she was going to somehow get away from him, she was not going to succumb to this, she was- a knock on the door intruded her thoughts. Another knock, persistent knocking. Relief.

“”, Kang Min groaned in annoyance. He stepped away from her, glancing at her red thong which was now halfway down her behind. “Get dressed”, he hissed as he pulled his pants on. “Just a minute”, he called out to the person on the other side of the door.

Once his hands had left Da Hyun's body she sat up, pulling her underwear, stockings and skirt up with the speed of light. Rage flashed behind her eyes as she glared at Kang Min who had just finished buckling his belt. He glanced at her nonchalantly and leaned closer, running his fingers through her hair, arranging it back into the previous style. “This isn't over yet”, he whispered with a sleazy smirk and turned away to pick up her crutches, then handing them to her.

“You will pay for this”, Da Hyun hissed, her face now stoic and emotionless. She was pale, which made her lips glow redder. He only scoffed, satisfied to see the unfocused look in her eyes.

“You were lucky this time... Next time I'll make sure there won't be any interruptions.”

“There won't be the next time.”

“We will see about that.”

 

“Um, sorry if I interrupted anything but this funny thing happened”, familiar voice spoke once Kang Min had pulled the door open. “I think I dropped my phone here.”

“Is that so?” Kang Min flashed a friendly smile. “You didn't interrupt anything, come in.”

He opened the door wider and Jongin's profile came in the view. He was smiling his usual playful smile, but being a sharp guy the tense atmosphere didn't go unnoticed from him. He walked in, nodded at Da Hyun and walked straight to one of the arm chairs. While his back was turned towards the two they glared at each other.

“In two days”, Da Hyun spoke in low voice.

“How about you come get it?” Kang Min asked playfully, but his eyes were cold. “It won't be interesting if you don't”, he added.

Da Hyun shivered in disgust. “Two days”, she repeated gloomily.

“Here it is, it had slipped from my pocket just like I suspected”, Jongin exclaimed when he saw his phone. “How silly of me.”

“Well, things like this happen to us all, isn't it so?” Kang Min chuckled, putting on his friendly act.

“Yeah, right”, Jongin smiled, his gentle eyes shifting at Da Hyun.

Something about her alarmed him, something about her disheveled appearance and mixed emotions in her eyes. Once more, he glanced at carefree Kang Min who didn't display anything out of ordinary. He seemed to be in a good mood. Beside him, Da Hyun was pale, her hands trembled slightly and, even though, the expression on her face was stern she seemed to be startled by something. It couldn't be anything good. Her beady eyes lingered on his face for a mere second before she bowed slightly and walked out.

“See you again, sister in law”, Kang Min said with a smirk and something about that smirk made Jongin angry.

 

“Your boyfriend is here”, Da Hyun's secretary greeted her cheerfully.

“What?” She asked in disbelief. It was a hard day, one shock after another. First of all, Da Hyun didn't have a boyfriend and second, there was an unknown man in her office probably snooping around. She might have forgotten some important documents on her desk. “Shi.t, sh.it, sh.it”, she cursed in her mind, but smiled at her secretary.

She wasn't ready for another confrontation just yet and even though she had managed to gather her thoughts already she was still a bit shaken up. She wasn't a superhuman and even though she didn't show it she was shocked, outright frightened. She needed a long quiet moment to herself to get over it. And maybe a warm cup of tea.

“I told him not to come here”, she mumbled under her breath, playing along

“You never told me you have a boyfriend!” the secretary squealed. “He was tall, good looking and mysterious.”

“Now, now”, Da Hyun faked a laugh. “He is nothing special.”

“How can you say that?!”

“Da Hyun shi!” A voice called out, causing her whole body turn stiff. The secretary whipped her head towards the voice and gasped. Another good looking man. “We need to talk.”

“Now is not a good moment”, Da Hyun said sternly, throwing him a deadly glare. Not now. She was not in the mood to play games with him.

Ignoring the said words and the secretary's presence, Jongin walked up to Da Hyun and grabbed her wrist. She gave him a threatening look, which took him aback, because there was a strong sense of superiority to it. She had a powerful presence and it made him want to let her go, but he didn't. He held on. Meanwhile, Da Hyun was wondering about men and the way they always used their strength to get things. Why did they always treat women like commodity? “I’m a person too!”

“Let go”, she hissed.

“Don't look at me like that”, he warned with a frown.

“What do you want now?”

“We need to talk.”

“Excuse me, my boyfriend is waiting for me in my office, I have no time for you.”

“Don't bullsh.it me. This is more important.”

His comeback took Da Hyun aback for he was different from his usual self, now serious and irritated. She pulled her hand free from his grasp and held tightly on the crutches.

“Secretary Kim”, she spoke coldly, while keeping her eyes on him. “Call the security and tell them to this man out of here.”

“Are you kidding me right now?” Jongin looked at her in disbelief.

“Secretary Kim!” Da Hyun raised her voice and glanced at the girl, who was staring dreamily at Jongin.

“What?” she asked softly.

“Ugh”, Da Hyun grunted. “Leave me alone, all of you!”

Once she started pulling the door open Jongin pushed it close, he was right behind her. She slapped his hand away and opened the door, he pushed it close again.

“Oh please, will you!” she hissed.

“We need to talk.”

“Get off me.”

Da Hyun pushed his body away and finally got herself on the other side of the door but he swiftly slid his foot in between before she could close it. He was going to say something, but once his lips parted his eyes also landed on someone.

“What is he doing here?”

Da Hyun looked over her shoulder and froze, her hand slipped from the door handle and Jongin almost fell on his behind when the door slammed into him because of the amount of strength he was putting in pulling onto it. “Is that your boyfriend?” he asked in pain, but with a hint of sarcasm.

 

A dark figure stood tall and proud by the wide window. He was dressed in a pair of jeans and a hooded shirt, with a cap on his head and the hood pulled over it. His hands were tucked into the pockets of his pants and this caused him to slouch a bit. Da Hyun frowned upon seeing him, and when she flipped the lights on his face came into the view.

“Oh Sehun?” she half asked, half stated. While she was staring at him in disbelief, Jongin walked past her and made his way to the sofa and two armchairs. He sat down making himself comfortable, showing this way that he had no intentions of leaving before saying whatever he came to say.

Needless to mention, once the secretary had brought them coffee and left the room she texted everyone she knew, about her boss and her two boyfriends having a fight in the office. In one hour everyone would know about it and rumors would grow out of proportion. Brace yourselves.

Tense, uncomfortable silence hung in the air inside the office. Jongin and Da Hyun were seated on arm chairs while Sehun had taken the sofa. Jongin was sitting in a relaxed manner, his legs thrown apart, leaning back in his seat, his arms resting on the armrests. Meanwhile, Sehun had his left leg crossed over the right, his left forearm resting on his knee and his right hand still in the pocket of his jeans.

Da Hyun looked back and forth between the two men. They were now eyeing each other disapprovingly, both clenching their jaws, their eyes narrowing. No one had touched their coffee or cookies and no one was planning to touch them, anyway. Except maybe Sehun, when the moment would be right.

Glancing once more at the prosecutor, Da Hyun frowned and pursed her lips together. He had actually taken a shower, changed his clothes and even shaved. There was nothing strange about that, but his rather feminine face surprised her. Not that she hadn't seen the potential in him even with his shabby appearance, but she hadn't quite expected to find a kitten in wolf's clothes. A snort threatened to escape her lips, even if it was inappropriate at this moment.

She was supposed to be still shocked about what had happened with Kang Min a while ago, but all she could do was stare at Sehun's thin eyebrows and long eyelashes. His hair was hidden somewhere under the cap and inside the hood, his face now completely visible. Without stubble his lips looked fuller, his cheeks were smooth. He had a baby face and this amused her, gone was the haggard threatening appearance, now he was just a pretty boy and she wondered if he shaved his legs and armpits too. Enough, she would laugh about this later. Taking in a deep breath she collected her thoughts and fixed her facial expression to the usual stern one.   

“Would someone explain what's going on here?” Da Hyun finally asked and cleared . Her voice seemed to set off a ticking time bomb because once she had finished speaking, the two men straightened up in their seats, their bodies stiffening.

“What made you crawl all the way here? How many times do I need to tell you this case is mine?” Jongin snarled.

“I'm not handing it over and you know it”, Sehun answered with a hiss.

“I already have it!” Jongin responded gloomily.

“You won't for long”, Sehun's beady eyes grew darker, taunting Jongin who gritted his teeth.

“Then why don't you try to talk it over with boss once again?”

“Do you want me to tell him the whole truth?”

“You are making a huge mistake here.” Jongin looked away from him, his lips pouting.

“Mistake?” Sehun scoffed in disbelief. “Which one of us made a mistake here?” He raised his voice. “I shouldn't have let you off that easy…”

Jongin grew furious upon hearing this comment. “For how long are you going to blame me for something you were part of?”

“Your double standards have no boundaries.”

“That's better than not having morals.”

“Who are you to preach about morals?” Sehun flashed a cold smile.

“You know what? You are being so pathetic right now!” Jongin raised his voice.

“This is my moment and I won't let you ruin it!” Sehun's voice was as loud.

“All you care about is your career!”

“Yeah? All you care about is money, you corrupt shi.t!”

“Then how many innocent lives have you destroyed amoral fu.ck?!”

“Shut up you both!” Da Hyun yelled and both men looked at her in surprise. “Have you forgotten that I am right here?” she asked in disbelief. “Are you the only people who can work on this case? I am going to submit my complaint about you both, first thing tomorrow morning”, she said decisively. “I'm going to get this case transferred to someone else!”

 

“This is your fault”, Jongin spat at Sehun.

“If you didn't barge in here, none of this would have happened”, Sehun commented matter-of-factly, then his beady eyes shifted at Da Hyun. “Just to remind you, I have the right to arrest you anytime I want.”

“You have no right to do anything”, Jongin barked.

“I can arrest you too, right now!” Sehun barked back.

“You wouldn't dare.”

“In fact I would.”

“Aish! Stop fighting already!” Da Hyun hit her fist on the table, glaring at them both. She took a deep breath and crossed her left leg over the right. Both pairs of eyes slipped down, sliding along her smooth silky tights and calves. She scoffed before looking at Jongin. “You! How much did Kang Min pay you and who are you going to blame? Me?”

He didn't say anything, only lowered his eyes. She then turned towards Sehun.

“And why haven't you arrested me yet if you think I did it, huh?”

Sehun didn't avoid her eyes but looked at her with confidence. “I would have done that the first time I saw you if he hadn't messed with my plans”, he said bitterly, angling his head towards Jongin as he spoke. Jongin scowled at him from under his bangs.

“Now then I have a proposal.”

“Then let's hear it?” Da Hyun's lips twisted into ironic smirk. Surely it would be something outrageous.

“I'll make sure your sister stays safe if you help me to get back on this case.”

“And who will you put behind the bars?” She raised a brow.

“I have someone in my mind”, a sly smile spread on Sehun's full lips. You, of course.

“Just how far are you willing to go?” Unexpectedly Jongin threw his coffee at Sehun.

“What the?” Sehun gave him a weird look as he wiped his face.

“I have a better suggestion”, Jongin smiled at Da Hyun. “Kang Min promised to take responsibility if you step down from your position.”

It was Da Hyun's turn to throw her coffee at someone's face. She had had enough of this absurdity about now. Her life and her family's reputation were on the line yet these two guys could only think about their own selfish needs. Jongin blinked in shock while Sehun uttered a silent mocking laughter.

“You both, get out of here!” Da Hyun stood up and pointed at the door. “I don't want to see you ever again.”

“It's either me or him”, Sehun stood up too and he was tall.

“There are so many prosecutors who are better than you could ever be.” The look in Da Hyun's eyes was piercing.

“Didn't you hear what I just said? He'd come clean if you-” Jongin muttered in the background but Da Hyun cut him off.

Please log in to read the full chapter