Chapter 10 (M)

Nothing's Over
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 10 Welcome to the darkness II

 

”Sehun coming to work before 9am fresh from shower and dressed like a human”, Jongin commented in amusement when he bumped into his buddy in the corridor. ”Hell must have frozen over”, he let out a low whistle. His eyes running up and down the former's body.

”Shut up”, Sehun muttered and walked past him with the usual bored look in his eyes.

”Nice as.s, y”, Jongin flashed a playful smirk and hissed in a bit at the gorgeous being who was slowly walking away from him. Sehun didn't say anything, he only held up a middle finger as he continued walking towards the elevators. He was not in the mood to joke around.

 

Sporting a pair of straight pants, a blue striped white collar shirt and a back simple v-neck pullover Sehun looked dashing. Under his ed blazer the pullover hugged his body tightly, revealing his thin waist and board chest. He was leaning to the skinny side because he often skipped meals and he was not as much into the gym as Jongin, who wasn't that much of a muscle man either but had a desirable body, anyway.

 

Sehun was skinny enough for his muscles to show but there was nothing he could really boast about much. He did have broad shoulders and handsome straight back, though. His face was slim and oval shaped, symmetric and attractive, he wasn't exactly handsome but not beautiful either, something in between. Not pretty enough to look like a woman but also not handsome enough to have a manly overpowering aura like Jongin did. He was not boyish either, his eyes were not cute, round and clear. They were almond shaped, deep and dark. Alluring but at the same time distant, even threatening. His hair was thick, ash black, uncontrollable. It was a bit shorter on the sides than in front and he had somehow managed to tame his fringes up slightly to the left side. He now ran his hand through his fringes, arranging them into a careless curve. From his lateral view Sehun saw a female employee stopping next to him to wait for the elevator.

 

He glanced at her, his eyes scanning her body and she happened to glance at him too. The corner of his mouth curved upwards into a tiny teasing smile and he winked. She quickly looked away, her cheeks glowing deep read shade, and seeing her reaction all tease disappeared from Sehun's features. He faced the elevator door, now cocky little smirk playing on his lips, his eyes dim and cold. ”I'm irresistible, bitc.hes”, he thought in all his arrogance.

 

He wasn't called 'love at first sight guy' for nothing. The skill was still there, he just hadn't put it to use for a long while, there had been no need, no desire. Even Da Hyun had fallen for it in front of his apartment where he had made her kiss himself. He wasn't even sure why he had done it but certain satisfaction warmed his heart knowing that she wasn't immune to his charms, no one was. No man, no woman, no one. And no one would ever be. That was for sure.

 

In the morning he had woken up on the floor in Da Hyun's bedroom, his body aching everywhere and his tongue swollen, thick and heavy. There was a bruise around his left eye and it itched. He had no idea when or how he had fallen asleep but he woke up because she pulled the soft pile of clothes from under his head carelessly and his cheek fell on the hard surface. He looked around groggily and gasped when he saw her shirtless in her black lacy bra. Apparently the shirt she wanted to wear had been folded under his head, acting as a pillow.

 

”, you have drooled all over it”, Da Hyun grunted throwing it into his face. ”Never mind then.” It was her favorite shirt and she had felt like wearing it. Not that she was short on shirts and she quickly grabbed something else, throwing it on her shoulders.

 

It wasn't even 7am yet but she had already showered, styled her hair and applied her huntress make up, like Sehun liked to think about it. It made her look more mature and serious, cold, distant, strict. She sported a pair of black straight pants, a white collar shirt and a tight vest, ready for another serious day at work with many meetings and important documents to sign. She glanced at her own mirror reflection and smoothed her clothes, down her chest, down her stomach, down her thighs and down her behind. For the final touch she arranged her collars and nodded approvingly.

 

Meanwhile Sehun was sitting on the floor observing her unable to believe she was so thick skinned. There was a man, she barely knew, sleeping on her floor and she was walking around shirtless in her y underwear, what more she was now touching herself in a way which turned him on. Be it to smooth the wrinkles on her clothes but when he saw the outline of her beautiful behind his morning wood twitched a little, as erted as that sounds.

 

He couldn't help but swallow all the lust down his sore throat, his body heating up. Now that he knew she was hiding that luscious bra under her otherwise plain and serious clothes it turned him on even more. And when she spun around to face him with the usual strict look of hers he thought he wouldn't mind if she spanked and dominated him right there on the floor. He subtly glanced at the wide bed and then back at her with guilty look in his eyes. She raised her left brow, her eyes scanning his body. He was sitting with his legs crossed and his hands on his lap, looking as awkward as a man with an uncalled hard-on could. He tried to hide it but she caught on. He was wearing loose shorts after all.

 

“Jesus”, Da Hyun clicked her tongue. “I know men have their own morning things but seriously. Don't you have any self control? What a ert.”

Sehun lowered his head and closed his eyes, sneering at himself and the whole embarrassing situation. “I would like to be by myself for a moment”, he muttered quietly.

“Don't take too long or I'll be late for work”, she said indifferently as she walked towards the door. “Oh right, there are tissues on the bedside table”, she pointed at the table with her chin. “Don't stain my carpet.”

Sehun in a breath with a silent hiss, swearing in his mind that he was going to kill her. He was so going to kill her.

 

Waking up on the floor next to Sehun had not been the most comfortable situation for Da Hyun. Her neck was sore and her back ached. The first thing she had seen was his stupid face from an arm's length from hers. He was sleeping on his side, his arms crossed over his chest, looking utterly and completely uncomfortable. She didn't stay there to watch him because she simply didn't care and needed to get ready for work. She also didn't want to leave him in her apartment to snoop around so she decided to ask him to drive her to work. That way she could be sure he really left. She even changed the pass code before leaving the apartment and Sehun wondered if it was now her birth year reversed.

 

Sleepy and groggy, not used to waking up so early, he was not much of a driver in such state so Da Hyun grabbed the car keys from his hands. Little did Sehun know that he was up for a heart attack from her reckless driving. She was on the phone with a hands free on her ear, already angry and irritated so early in the morning. He kept flinching in his seat every time she made a new call and started yelling, shrieking and cursing in sharp voice, he was even afraid to glance at her stern face. Someone was having a bad morning... She also kept cursing at other drivers and complaining how much she hated driving during rush hours, speeding whenever she had a chance. Once in a while she would fix her make up or hair, glaring at her own reflection in the rear mirror. But she was a good driver, maneuvering the steering wheel like a pro, the ride was smooth.

 

“Have a good day, Mr. prosecutor. See you in hel.l.”

 

That's how they had parted. Da Hyun parked the car on the curb, got out with a loud slam of the door and made her way to the front doors of the company. People around her stopped to bow and greet her. Sehun stared tiredly at her slim figure until it disappeared through the sparkling clean glass doors. Yesterday she had cried like the whole world had collapsed on her shoulders crushing her with its weight and today she was walking all over that world seeking for revenge. She was one he.ll of a woman and he would be lying if he said that didn't attract him.

 

Sehun suddenly realized that when he had seen her shirtless today he had not spotted the tattoo on her upper arm. Either it had been his imagination all along or she had hidden it with camouflage cream. Why would she hide it? Everything about her was so suspicious. He closed his eyes and leaned his head against the head rest, crossing his arms over his chest, a slight frown crawling on his face. What had seemed so simple and clear in the beginning had suddenly exploded right into his face and he struggled to keep his thoughts in order. There were two murders and money laundering, it all seemed connected but then again maybe not. A mobster was threatening to take his life if he didn't drop the murders, hinting that someone else had taken care of them already (in not so nice and innocent way). No one tried to stop him from advancing with the money laundering case, though. Was there a connection or no? Yes or not?

 

He had almost died once before and last day's events floated though his mind like snapshots. The threat had been real but then again, the gangster, who had never told him his name, was seemingly friendly after all. He owed his life to Sehun. Was it just a coincidence, pure luck? Or was there something more to it? Was there something more to those hazy four months he didn't want to remember? And what was Da Hyun's role in this all? What was Kang Min's role?

 

There were a lot of mysteries to solve and a lot of questions to be answered so Sehun got out from he car and walked around the hood to get on the driver's seat. It was about the damn time he got to the bottom of it all because he was curious as he.ll. And he promised to himself that even if it killed him he'd never close those two cases. As a side note: when he moved the driver's seat back he thought it was pretty cute how short Da Hyun was. She was always wearing high heels so he forgot she was such a midget.

 

“Did you clean up in here?” Jongin asked in surprise when he peeked into Sehun's office. The guy was standing in he corner in front of the flip board (he loved so much) with a marker in his hand, his back turned at the door. Several files and papers were scattered over his desk but other than that the office was sparkling clean, it even smelled fresh. This if something was suspicious.

“We have janitors, you know”, Sehun grunted after a short silence. He put the marker away and faced Jongin with a stern expression on his face. Glancing at two huge trash bags beside the door, the latter hummed.

“What do you want?” Sehun asked impatiently.

“Why didn't you ask a janitor to clean here earlier?”

“I was busy.”

“Something is off...”

“If you have nothing to say then leave me alone”, Sehun snapped. “I am working.”

“Now that I take a closer look I remember you had a bruise on your face yesterday but now... Did you apply BB cream?” Jongin rubbed his chin. “And you have dressed real nice as well.”

“I have a court hearing today”, Sehun answered curtly, crossing his arms over his chest. He narrowed his eyes at Jongin urging him to speak.

“Since when did you even care?”

Sehun raised a brow. “What? Am I making you ?” he snorted.

“Yeah”, Jongin answered with a casual smile. “But even more I am curious. How can a person change in one night?”

“I just felt like starting over.”

 

After graduating from the university and landing a steady job, working had always come first to Sehun. When he worked on cases he was too busy to think about showering, changing clothes or a clean office. He had a steady relationship with a woman he was going to marry, there was no one to impress and his brain was enough for him to be respected at work. Everything seemed to be perfect for him but.. He hated to admit that all these years there had been a void in him, a void he had been trying to fill with work. There were things he didn't want to think about and he got hooked on the liberating feeling of not having enough time to ponder on his personal life.

 

While occupied with cases, skipping meals and never getting enough sleep became a habit and he couldn't stop anymore. It was not healthy and his lifestyle of constant self torture had taken its toll on him, his skin had lost its glow and his hair its shine. He had become that lame man he had always dreaded to be. This morning when he saw his slim face in the mirror after taking a shower he finally realized that he'd die exhausted and unhappy if he didn't do something about himself. Jin Ki's threat and pressing danger gave him a rush of adrenaline. And there was another thing.

 

Sehun was feeling irritated because Da Hyun wasn't treating him as a man but a creature of some sort. She was constantly looking down on him and the whole morning wood incident had made him feel so pathetic he had to do something to make himself feel powerful again. He needed to find a reason to be arrogant and proud again. He wanted to shine. Reckless, ignorant and suave, that was his nature and he still had it all in him, he just needed to let it out. He was not a pushover nor a loser. He might have been a coward without a backbone when it came to certain things but when it came to being cool he knew no one could pull that off better than him. Not even Da Hyun. And he was going to prove it to her the hard way.

 

Oh Sehun

Revived.

Ready for a battle.

 

“Say, did something happen with Da Hyun yesterday?” Jongin asked curiously. Because Sehun hadn't had breakfast yet they were now sitting in a coffee shop near by the office.

“Geez, I don't even know where to start”, Sehun mumbled with his mouth full. He was going through his second cup of coffee and third sandwich. His monstrous appetite was back. Honestly speaking he was relieved to be in a normal relationship with Jongin again, finally there was someone he could talk to, someone who would understand him like no one else did. Their fight at Da Hyun's apartment had brought them closer, somehow mending all the wounds and blowing away the awkwardness. Finally they were back together, once again a team.

“You seem hungry...” Jongin stared at his friend in amusement. “Should we go and have a proper meal?”

“Don't bother, we need to work. Let's have dinner later.”

 

Gulping down the remains of his sandwich Sehun started unwrapping the last one while Jongin shook his head, his smile growing wider. He reached his hand over the table to wipe the crumbs from Sehun's lips, the latter didn't even notice as if this was a normal thing between them. It used to be.

 

“Now that I finally know the truth”, Jongin's voice filled with warmth as he spoke. Bittersweet feeling striking him when he thought about the old times. “It's like we dated without ever confessing and then one day we broke up without a single word.”

Sehun was about to chomp on his sandwich but stopped, the look in his eyes darkening. “Can we not talk about that?” he muttered, making it clear he was not in the mood to talk about his feelings now.

“Okay, let's talk about it later but you know... You should have said something. How could you live all these years with all that bottled up inside of yourself? No wonder you became so weird.”

Sehun let out a frustrated sigh, lowering his eyes and throwing his sandwich on the plate, his appetite gone. “Just don't make a huge number out of it now.”

“Speaking about confessing” Jongin said carefully, eyeing Sehun's face cautiously. “Maybe you should let someone else know how you feel?”

 

Coldness settled in Sehun's eyes upon hearing these words and his body stiffened in discomfort, just thinking about it made his soul and heart freeze over. “Don't”, he said in low threatening voice, thick and monotone. His darkened eyes darted at Jongin's warm ones. “Don't you even dare to bring that up.”

A sigh left the latter's lips and he slouched a little. “This and that”, he whispered. “It's the same stupid thing.”

Sehun slammed his palm on the table, he was now glaring at his friend who avoided eye contact, rubbing his neck in all awkwardness. “Try to open that big mouth of yours once more and see what happens.”

“Fine”, Jongin pouted his lips, peeking at Sehun from under his bangs, he had them styled over his forehead from left to right and they fell partly on his eyes. Sehun looked away from him because he couldn't really be angry when Jongin was giving him his cute puppy eyes.

“So... what's on your mind regarding the case?” Jongin asked, grabbing his coffee cup and taking a sip. “Wanna start with what happened yesterday?”

 

Relaxing a bit, Sehun crossed his arms over his chest, leaned back in his seat and crossed his left leg over the right one. He dropped his head back, looking at the ceiling and closed his eyes for a moment. Where should he start?

 

“By the way, I have been meaning to ask but... why do you sound so strange today?”

“My tongue is swollen”, Sehun mumbled.

“Don't tell me you had with Da Hyun all night long?” Jongin teased immediately and received a sharp disapproving look from his friend.

“Far from it, I thought I'd choke on my own blood and die.”

“When did you leave her apartment?”

“This morning.”

Jongin squinted his eyes, giving Sehun a suspicious look.

“It's not what you think”, he latter said sternly. “I found out she might not be as innocent as you would like to believe.”

“There you go again...”

“I'm not joking. We might have a big case on our hands. Maybe even bigger than we can handle.”

 

After buying coffee to go they made their way back to the office where Sehun told Jongin the whole story with every single detail except Da Hyun's tattoo. He didn't forget about it but he needed a confirmation before adding it up to the whole picture. After listening patiently it was Jongin's time to tell his side of the story.

 

Even after going through the difficulties in obtaining a degree from law school Jongin became a detective instead. He couldn't stand court rooms, long hearings and trials bored him to death. Witty games of sneaky lawyers and all that drama irritated him. He liked to work where the real action was, that made him feel alive. There was a certain wicked kick in going to murder scenes and seeing all that blood. There was a certain thrill in trying to catch those who needed to be caught. Solving mysteries had always been his favorite thing to do, ever since he was a little boy who indulged himself in detective novels.

 

Compared to Sehun, Jongin was always calm and collected. He seemed to be tame on the outside but when he snapped he didn't remain as charming as he usually was. His character was wild and reckless, he had the guts to do the most unimaginable things and he was lucky, no matter what danger he got himself into he always survived alive. To some extent he was even heartless and coldblooded if the situation asked for it. He was a panther hunting for its prey, elegant and calculative but also vicious and thirsty for blood.

 

Meanwhile Sehun was a bratty wolf who couldn't even keep his thoughts together if he was sent to hunt on his own. He always looked for weaknesses in others and where it hurt the most, but to do a perfect job he needed a partner. The only time he could keep his cool was in a court room where the confines of detailed etiquette and strictly specified procedures trapped him into a game of wills. It was like being on a stage and having the upper hand, because most of the people would be nervous it was easier to spot their weaknesses. He was excellent at reading people and he knew how to use his charms in good and bad. He was a born actor and could pull out whatever role needed when needed. But only in a court room, on his own stage.

 

Jongin was the type to plot behind people's backs while wearing a misleading mask while Sehun attacked up front in all his honest fury. Together they worked miracles, separately they were nothing special.

 

“So what do you have on the money laundering so far?” Sehun asked lazily. “Did Kang Min offer bribes yet?”

“I have set the bait and it's only a matter of time when he makes the first step”, Jongin smirked, clearly satisfied with himself. “Once he is in my hands I'll tear him into shreds and leave for hyenas to fend off. It's going to be a pretty sight.”

“And you are sure it was him who threatened you before my accident?” Sehun asked once again, rubbing his chin.

“I analyzed his voice from the tape, everything matched.”

“He is just an unprofessional bit.ch”, Sehun uttered a dry chuckle, scribbling something on the flip board. Meanwhile Jongin was half lying, half sitting on the couch with a bored look on his face.

“So what have you got? Don't tell me you have only been working on some bullsh.it cases again to pass time?”

“As if... I have got a name”, Sehun announced proudly.

Jongin perked up, his smirk widening. “Could it be the same name I have got?”

With similar sly smirk on his lips Sehun looked over his shoulder, his gaze connecting with Jongin's.

“Sometimes I wonder if we are destined to be together forever”, he joked.

“You know I'd love that”, Jongin wiggled his eyebrows. “Wanna have ? This is kind of .”

“We will have , buddy. In your wet dreams.”

“You are such a bit.ch”, Jongin threw a scrunched up paper ball at the former's head. “What a tease, really.”

 

*

 

The parking hall of the prosecutor's office building was eerily silent and seemingly abandoned so late in the night. Kang Min sat in his black BMV, tapping his fingers against the steering wheel. Waiting. Some days had already passed since he had discovered what the prosecutor and detective were up to. He sure didn't like any of it and he had taken care of everything already. However, that didn't mean he was calm about it. In fact he was furious. And he couldn't wait to set the score. He was going to take all fun out of it knowing no one would stop him. His phone beeped and he glanced at the screen from the corners of his eyes. When he saw the ID a smirk tugged at the corners of his lips. He didn't even bother to read the message, knowing what it contained.

 

Usually Sehun wouldn't leave his car in the parking hall but lately it had started to get colder and his car was old, the motor would start acting up during cold weather. For a moment he had even thought about getting rid of the old clunker all together and get back on a motorbike like in the old days. But the winter was coming and he was old enough to care more about being comfortably warm instead of freezing his a.ss off just to look cool.

 

However, when Sehun arrived to his car his jaw clenched. Someone had kindly gotten rid of the old Sedan for him because it was totally smashed. Every window and mirror was broken and glass shards were scattered all around, the tires were flat as well. He stopped in front of the mess, placing his hands on his hips, and stared at it in disbelief. It was probably a warning, after all he had been snooping around dangerous places lately. Still, he couldn't but consider this just a ridiculous childish prank. He scoffed, thinking that he'd catch these people after watching the CCTV tape first thing next morning and make them buy him a new car.

 

Tugging at his hair with one hand he fished his phone from his pants' pocket to call Jongin for a ride. They had parted just some ten minutes ago and the latter might still be around. But once he had brought the phone to his ear and heard the first beep another sound distracted him. A sound of something being dragged, something like a metal pipe or a baseball bat. There was something horrifying about that eerie hollow sound. If death had a voice it would be like this, screechy and cold. There were also footsteps, many footsteps. Meanwhile, Jongin did not pick up his cell and Sehun was directed to the voice mail. He put the phone away and turned around.

 

Six men of varying ages with varying hairstyles, in suits of similar shades of gray, stopped about ten feet from him on the other side of the driveway. No one was wearing a tie and their collars were ed. They were not especially burly but their faces were threatening, who had a broken nose, who a black eye. They all stared at him sternly, a few flashed taunting smirks. Their attitudes were arrogant. One of them was chewing on a gum loudly, another one was hitting a baseball bat against his leg, someone was cracking his neck, someone his knuckles.

 

Suddenly it was so silent in the parking hall that one could hear a needle dropping. Sehun stared at the men with unyielding look in his eyes thinking that he was now totally screwed. He knew that he had baseball bats in the trunk of his car just in case, he always did, it was like a cheap health insurance. But one man against six... He was outnumbered and the crowd he was facing didn't look like one of those who would prefer settling by talking instead of fighting. They seemed to be looking forward to the fun and all. Sehun took a step back. His only option was to run, besides he was worried in case Jongin was facing a similar situation somewhere else at the moment. Heart wrenching worry struck him and he took another step backwards before spinning around.

 

“Catch the bunny!” He heard a sly voice behind his back and loud shuffling of footsteps followed. Cursing under his breath Sehun picked up his pace, running on his full speed through the driveway. He glanced over his shoulder once in while to confirm that he was still being chased and damn sure he was.

 

Suddenly he heard motor roaring and saw a black MBW with tinted windows from his lateral view. It was coming at him at quite high speed and before he could slip between few parked cars from the driveway the BMW was already right in front of him sideways, stopping with a loud screech. He bumped into the rear door, softening the collision with his arm. Cursing under his breath he was about to run around the trunk but the men had already caught up to him. Someone grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him back causing him to fall to the ground. He looked up as the driver's window rolled down. Meanwhile the men had formed a semicircle behind his back, he was trapped between them and the car.

 

“So how do you feel?” Kang Min taunted with a satisfied smirk, peeking out from his car. “Feeling regretful yet?” His hair was neatly styled with his bangs pulled back, like usual. This style suited him especially well and in any other situation he would have looked handsome. Now no one had time to analyze his looks.

“Why should I?” Sehun spat arrogantly, not displaying any sort of fear.

 

He had been in a similar situation before and being nervous wouldn't bring him anywhere. He had survived so far, why not now? Instead of peeing his pants or begging for mercy he stood up into his full height and leaned his forearm against the car, just above the window. Flashing a nonchalant smile he lowered his face on Kang Min's level, locking their gazes.

 

“How about you get out of there and we fight one on one? Or are you scared?”

“I'm not stupid”, Kang Min clicked his tongue. “There is no way for you to get out of this now.”

“Do you think I'll close the case if you beat me to a bloody pulp here?” Sehun asked with humor in his voice but the look in his eyes was not amused. Unyielding. Stern. Confident. He leaned his face even closer to Kang Min's so the latter had to lean back. “I won't spare you either when the right time comes. Remember that.”

“That is if you get out of here alive today”, Kang Min scoffed.

“And if I do will you give me a cookie?” Sehun asked cheekily, his attitude tickling Kang Min off in just the right way. His face stiffened and his eyes narrowed. Without another word he slammed his palm into Sehun's face and pushed him away from the window.

“Make sure he won't be able to walk”, he spat, anger flashing in his eyes. Once he had finished his sentence the first baseball bat collided with Sehun's back. A soft groan left his lips when he was hit again and again. Hissing in and swallowing the intense pain Sehun spun around swinging his fist at the first face he could see. Truthfully speaking, he couldn't see much, blinded by immense pain from being kicked and hit repeatedly.

 

Even before a minute had passed Sehun was already numb but he had enough strength to shove a man off his way before climbing on the hood of Kang Min's car. Rage taking over him he started kicking the windscreen expecting the car to move soon. He knew he'd helplessly fall off and roll over the concrete but he was too angry to think about those consequences. Small cracks started forming where his sole hit repeatedly. Who did these people think they were to come after him like this? Acting like gods. So disgusting.

 

All of a sudden he heard another car approaching and the horrible screeching of brakes. Soon the air was filled with the smell of burnt rubber and exhaust gas. Kang Min did not start the motor, in fact he unbuckled his seat belt and slipped out from the car. The thugs also stopped trying to climb on the hood in attempt to throw Sehun off, he had kicked one man in the face for that already and stepped on someone's fingers, causing enough damage for those two to not try to get at him anymore.

 

“Son of a bit.ch!” a female voice hollered followed by a loud slam of a car door. Sehun was still a bit confused about the whole situation because he was in pain and outraged, coppery taste of danger lingering in his mouth. Everything had happened in such a short span of time, so unexpectedly, anxiety pumping more adrenaline into his system. Barely five minutes had passed since the beginning of the unfair fight and he wasn't even out of breath yet. No, he was dead tired already but he didn't even realize that, overwhelmed by the speed of events. He angled his body towards the voice and saw no one other than Da Hyun.

 

Her black BMW was parked right in front of Kang Min's, they both had the same model with tinted windows. She stood in front of her car with a baseball bat in one hand while the other rested on her waist. Dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans, a hoodie and the same biker style leather jacket Sehun had seen her wear the other day. She didn't quite look like a CEO he was used to see.

 

Sehun gaped at her in surprise while holding onto his bleeding elbow, it stung like heck and he winced from the pain. But for a moment he was definitely distracted. There was something dangerous about her, something dark and brooding, and extremely y. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her eyes narrowed at Kang Min, burning with irritation. She spared a quick glance at Sehun who was still standing on the hood of the car and concluded that he was more or less all right. Unlike his usual style he was dressed in decent clothes: ripped jeans, collar shirt and a fitting sweater but no tie, topping this style with a neat long overcoat with fur on the hood. His hair, styled fringes up, now messy, framing his slightly bruised face wildly.

 

Earlier Kang Min had sent Da Hyun a message that he was up to some fun and that she should come as well. She wouldn't have cared about the invitation if the address hadn't been such. The prosecutor's office. Immediately she knew he was up to no good and that it would be the best for her to check out the situation before anything disastrous happened. She was afraid this could have negative effects on her own reputation and the company's shares.

 

“So you came, sister-in-law”, Kang Min smirked. He slipped his hands in the pockets of his slacks and flashed her a cold smirk. “Shall we go straight to the business?”

“What do you want?” she spat in annoyance.

Kang Min chuckled, sliding his gaze over the thugs once, before settling it on Da Hyun's tense face. “How about I spare this prosecutor's life if you give me half of your shares?” he suggested.

“Do you think he is worth so much?” she scoffed.

 

Sehun's face turned sour, he jumped off the hood and leaned against it, crossing his arms over his chest. Even to joke about doing business with someone's life at stake would be considered inappropriate yet these two were completely serious. Both pairs of eyes darted at him briefly before connecting again.

 

“I'm not joking”, Kang Min said sternly. “Either you give me the shares or I'll break his legs.”

“You will?” Da Hyun grinned mockingly, glancing at the thugs. “Or they will?”

“Does that make any difference?”

“It does dear brother-in-law. You are too much of a coward to do it yourself.”

“Stop that useless blabbering”, Kan Min snarled. “This is business now, gain or lose.”

“Excuse me?” Da Hyun scoffed, swinging her baseball bat on her shoulder. “You gain shares what do I gain?”

“You save a life”, his words laced with sarcasm. “That's pretty precious in itself.”

“I'm not into charity”, Da Hyun spat.

“I thought you two were dating already but I guess I was wrong”, Kang Min commented indifferently, shooting one scrutinizing look at Sehun who watched them both, seemingly bored. “Then again, he is as good a

Please log in to read the full chapter