Chapter 8

Nothing's Over
Please log in to read the full chapter
Chapter 8: Friendship for Real

 

Sun rays seeped through half opened window binds and danced on Da Hyun's face, urging her to wake up. Her eyes fluttered open and she yawned, stretching her body on the soft mattress. Her head ached and was dry, she also had an awful taste in . The hangover was not as bad as she had expected, though.

 

Immediately she thought back to all the conversations she had had with Jongin last night and even though her memory was a bit blurry she could remember most of it. A chuckle left her lips. They must have been such an awkward and embarrassing drunk couple. She couldn't deny having fun and now she liked Jongin even more, she adored him. It would be eve more difficult to hate him.

 

Realization crossed Da Hyun's mind and she blinked. Her heart froze in her chest because the last thing she remembered was being in a cab with Jongin. She quickly assumed this was his place and sighed in relief. At least she was sleeping alone on the bed but she found it slightly suspicious that she was only in her underwear and wasn't wearing her bra. Assuming that she had taken it off in her sleep she quickly wore it while her eyes scanned the room curiously.

 

Gray shades and masculine minimal design pleased her senses, white fluffy carpet felt comfortable under her feet, windows were tall and she wondered about the view. When she got off the bed she saw her clothes in a pile on the floor. Loathing the idea of wearing them now she thought she'd ask Jongin for something more comfortable but first she walked to the window to take a peek. The view which opened over the city made her breathless. She liked the feeling of being so high above everything, it was fulfilling and liberating. But then her eyes narrowed at her own reflection on the window and she touched a red spot above her collar bone. It was a hickey.

 

Da Hyun started thinking but she really couldn't remember anything beyond the cab ride and it seemed strange to have with Jongin. He was gay for God's sake and no matter how in denial he was she was sure he wouldn't do anything to her without her agreeing on it. But there was a dream. She had seen a dream about making out with someone but it was just a dream. Right? Then again it's not like she could have made this hickey herself. Maybe it wasn't a dream then? Could it be they had somehow made out with Jongin? That was just... strange and there was only one way to find out.

 

“Hey buddy, give me something to wear and how the heck did I get this hic...key?”, Da Hyun's vice faded away and her lips tugged downwards when instead of Jongin she faced Sehun and Eun Yoo who were in the middle of setting the breakfast table. There was a straight view from bedroom door to the kitchen through the spacious living room.

 

Eun Yoo gasped in shock and Sehun's jaw dropped when he saw Da Hyun's matching lacy underwear in daylight. His eyes grew wider as if to see as much as possible as quickly as possible. Last night it had been too dark to actually see anything and boy did he like the view. But... she was asking about a hickey. A hickey? He was so busted now.

 

“Yaaah!” Da Hyun shrieked. “What are you staring at?!” In panic she grabbed a random book from the shelf and covered herself with it, or at least tried. Her cheeks turned pink from embarrassment when Sehun only stared and she swore she could hear him gulp. Eun Yoo stared too but her stare was different, it was full of shock and horror while Sehun's eyes grew darker with lust. Da Hyun retreated in the room and ran to the bed, hiding under the covers. This had to be just a bad dream, a nightmare.

 

“Da Hyun shi, are you all right?” Eun Yoo peeked into the room.

“I have never been so embarrassed in my life before”, Da Hyun mumbled into the pillow.

“I'm sorry that happened, I should have prepared some clothes for you.”

“That's not your fault, I shouldn't have come out like this”, Da Hyun sighed as she sat up. When her body came into the view Eun Yoo blushed and fidgeted nervously, being a shy person.

“Let's get you something to wear”, she backed towards the walk-in-closet.

“That's fine, I have my clothes right h...” Da Hyun's voice faded away when she picked up her blazer and smelled something sour. “Did I?” she asked in disbelief.

“You didn't make it to the bathroom”, Eun Yoo said meekly.

“I threw up on myself?” Da Hyun uttered a dry chuckle. “Unbelievable.”

“I helped you to take a shower”, Eun Yoo mumbled, her face turning beet red. She couldn't remember when she had shared a shower with someone the last time, not to mention that Da Hyun had a very nice body and she was touchy when she was drunk. It had been the most awkward bath Eun Yoo had ever taken.

“I don't even remember that but thank you for taking care of me and sorry for being such a bother.”

“It's okay”, Eun Yoo mumbled disappearing into the walk-in-closet.

Da Hyun followed her and looked around. The closet wasn't even half full and she didn't see any female clothes. Eun Yoo noticed her questioning look and flashed an apologetic close lipped smile.

“We don't live together yet so I don't have any of my clothes here except for some underwear.” She pointed at a small basket on one of the shelves.

“Is that so?” Da Hyun nodded. “But at least he has cleared some space for you. It seems like you two will be living together soon.”

“No, he just doesn't have many clothes.”

 

Da Hyun was now sure that Jongin had lied to her. She glanced over Sehun's few suits and went through his casual clothes. He seriously needed to go shopping or get a new stylist, but not as hot as in the past if he wanted to avoid problems with Eun Yoo.

 

“Sorry to be such a bother.” Da Hyun flashed an apologetic smile.

“Don't worry. I hope you can find something comfortable to wear. I need to go finish preparing the breakfast. Take your time.”

“Thank you, unni”, Da Hyun smiled at her widely. “You are always so nice.”

For a second Eun Yoo froze in her tracks, her heart skipped a beat when Da Hyun called her 'unni' just now. She liked it, feeling warm in her heart.

“You are older than me, right?” Da Hyun quickly confirmed.

“Yes, I'm the same age with Sehun, 28”, Eun Yoo smiled.

“All right! I'll choose something”, Da Hyun clapped her hands. “Though, there is not much to choose from, you should take him shopping”, she joked.

Eun Yoo only nodded with a smile before walking away.

 

It took Da Hyun a while to find something to wear because Sehun's clothes were really big. His sweatpants were too baggy and long and she didn't like wearing shorts. Finally she found skinny jeans and pulled them on, they looked decent on her even though bit baggy. She settled for a black tee and the smallest hooded shirt she could find which was still pretty baggy with sleeves too long. She pushed them up to her elbows.

 

When she glanced at her mirror reflection she thought that she looked like a woman wearing her boyfriend's clothes and the idea tickled her off. The whole idea of wearing his clothes didn't sit well with her especially when Eun Yoo was around. If it was Da Hyun she'd die from jealousy if some random mysterious woman dared to wear her fiancee's clothes. She'd rip that woman apart. But Eun Yoo was such a sweet innocent soul who was happy to help her, she had even taken care of her last night when she had not been in condition to take care of herself. Da Hyun found herself adoring Eun Yoo already and she couldn't but think it was such a pity she'd marry someone as horrible as Sehun.

 

Before walking out Da Hyun saw a gray panama hat lying on an otherwise empty shelf. It was just like the ones detectives in the movies wear. A chuckle escaped her lips as he grabbed the hat and went back to the mirror. She posed in front of it with the hat on her head.

 

“Yo”, she said in low voice. “I'm a disgusting prosecutor”, she mimicked Sehun's voice and gestures, the way he stared at people. Last night when Jongin had described it she had known exactly what he meant. “I stare at people, that's my hobby. It's supposed to be mysterious”, she continued with another pose. “I'm cool and y, aren't I? I know you want me.” Then she burst out in laughter.

 

“Yeah right... Cool and y my a.ss. More like...” She made one last pose, flashing a smug smile. “Wanna join me in my rat's nest, babe? I'll show you my collection of rotten food an-” She chocked on her words when she saw Sehun's reflection behind herself.

 

“That's enough”, he grunted grabbing the hat off her head. “What the he.ll are you doing in someone else's house?” The way he narrowed his eyes annoyed Da Hyun and without answering him she dug her finger into her left ear pretending it was itchy. He looked at her with a frown, clearly disgusted by her gesture.

“And what the hell are you doing walking in on people who might be in your house, ert?” she asked with a sly smirk, wiping her finger on his chest.

“Yah”, he snapped in disgust, disbelief crossing his face. And he thought he was attracted to her last night? He must have been crazy. “Anyway, pretty lame collection of clothes you have here”, she commented as she walked past him.

 

He scanned her body and admitted silently to himself that she didn't look all that bad in his clothes with that messy bed hair of hers. She looked cute. Sehun was already going to walk after her when she stopped in her tracks, remembering about the hickey. It would be pretty messed up but she had to ask. When she spun around he was already standing right behind her.

 

“What?” Sehun asked in irritation when she shot him a sharp look.

“You know anything about this?” She grabbed a fistful of the shirt she was wearing and pushed the neckline down revealing the hickey. His eyes darted at it and then settled on her face. No new emotions showed in his eyes, he was bluffing the best he could but his heart was suddenly beating restlessly in his chest. “You can do this Sehun, come on buddy, just keep it cool”, he thought by himself.

“What am I supposed to know about that?” he asked after a short silence. “Maybe you should ask Jongin.” Yes, he had the perfect scapegoat even if he didn't know if he liked the idea of that. “I heard you two were pretty drunk yesterday...”

“I know it wasn't him and it definitely wasn't Eun Yoo”, Da Hyun said matter-of-factly. “Take off your tee.”

“What?” he scoffed.

 

She knew it was highly impossible that she had made out with Sehun, after all she would never make out with him from her own free will (ever again). But somehow she had this creepy feeling... and if she was right she'd lynch him right there. That would mean he had sneaked up on a drunk woman. It was suspicious enough to wake up without her bra on.

 

“Move it, the breakfast is ready”, Sehun simply said before attempting to walk past her. But she grabbed his arm and when he turned around to give her a questioning look she slammed her palm over his heart. He looked at it and then at her in surprise.

 

Heartbeats. So many fast heartbeats.

Busted.

 

“Why is your heart beating so fast?” she narrowed her eyes at him and she felt how his heart started beating even faster. “Nervous much?” He was so totally busted now.

“What?” he asked weakly and when she saw that faltering look in his eyes she knew it.

“You slimy rat!” she hissed. “You are telling me what happened, right now!”

“Nothing happened”, he insisted with a frown, slapping her hand away.

“Prove it!” She grabbed his tee and started pulling it up.

“What the hell are you doing?” his eyes widened in shock and he tried to pry her hands off himself.

“I'm castrating you if it's true.”

“Why would I do something like that?”

“How am I supposed to know?”
“You are crazy. Let go!”

“Not before I see with my own two eyes!”

 

In the midst of yet another fight the two stumbled into the rack of clothes were Sehun's suits and coats were hanging. They came stumbling down with Da Hyun on the top. She found herself sitting on his lap surrounded by fabrics of different color and pattern. She quickly pushed the clothes off her face her gaze connecting with his. Then she quickly grabbed the neckline of his tee and pushed it down. A loud gasp left her lips when she saw his shoulder covered in red marks. Her eyes darted at his and they both stared at each other in shock. Both held their breaths trying to think about a reasonable explanation.

 

“How dare you do this?” Da Hyun was the first one to snap back to reality. “You bas.tard.”

“How was I supposed to know the one sleeping on my bed wasn't my fiancee?” he whispered feverishly. His eyes still full of confusion and shock while Da Hyun's were filling with anger and detest.

“Are you fuc.king blind?” she spat.

“It was dark”, he argued.

“How far did we go?”

“Nothing happened”, he insisted.

“Am I supposed to believe when you look so guilty!”

“Geeze”, he threw her hands off himself. “I realized it soon enough and left.”

“You took off my bra”, she said through gritted teeth.

“I told you I didn't know”, he hissed.

“How could you not know? We have different sizes.” Her eyes caught on fire.

“You enjoyed it”, he spat bitterly. “So don't blame only me.”

“How can you say that?” she asked in disgust.

“Why? Are you disappointed it wasn't Jongin?”

“I'm going to kill you”, she grabbed his hair and started pulling. “You disgusting rat. Yes, I am disappointed it wasn't him!”

“Get off me”, he squirmed under her, pain spreading all over his scalp. This was kind of familiar... “I said stop it!” he grunted.

 

She let go of his hair and leaned back, her eyes full of disbelief and guilt. How was she supposed to face Eun Yoo now? She never wanted any of this to happen but last night she had been too drunk to even understand what was going on! How could he do something like that to her when she had been in such a weak and vulnerable state? How could something like this even happen? And yes she did enjoy every single bit of it, maybe even too much,

 

Sehun rubbed his head, narrowing his eyes at her, but suddenly he didn't feel like being angry anymore. She was staring at him in angry confusion as if asking for help, she looked cute, he couldn't get the through of her body off his mind. There was something palpable between them, something clicked so naturally and that something was driving him crazy. Besides, just now when she had said that she regretted she had made out with him instead of Jongin it made him feel annoyed for several reasons. So annoyed it made something snap in his brain.

 

His gaze fell on her lips, and, caught in a moment, he leaned in for a kiss. His brain just turned off when his hands landed on her back and pushed her closer to his chest. Why did she fit in his embrace so perfectly? Da Hyun's eyes widened in shock when their lips met and he kissed her feverishly. She quickly pushed his head away and scrambled backwards. “What the he.ll do you think you are doing?” she hissed. “How dare you?” The touch of his lips burned on hers like a fresh tattoo and she was afraid Eun Yoo would see it.

 

Da Hyun only got his familiar intense stare in response and she had no idea what he was thinking. She couldn't understand him at all. His fiancee could have walked on them any moment yet he went for a kiss. What was on his mind? The only conclusion she could gather from her scattered thoughts was that he was that kind of man who went for a convenient marriage and had a bunch of affairs on the side. He was that kind of disgusting man. Shooting him one look full of hatred and detest she got on her feet and walked away. She felt so incredibly sorry for Eun Yoo.

 

It took Sehun a while to understand what had just happened. He covered his forehead with his trembling hand and let out a shaky breath. “What the hell is wrong with me?” he whispered in shock. He didn't know the answer, he only knew that his heart was beating so loud it messed with his thoughts. He had been together with Eun Yoo for over three years and this was the first time he had even spared a second look to another woman. And he was scared because he couldn't get Da Hyun off his mind. He was horrified.

 

The breakfast was awkwardly quiet. Da Hyun sat next to sleepy Jongin. When no one was looking she sent daggers at gloomy Sehun who was sitting across from Jongin, he kept staring at the food with empty gaze. Eun Yoo had her eyes lowered as well, she was smiling shyly peeking at Da Hyun once in a while. Meanwhile Jongin stared at the soup, he wanted to drown his face in it.

 

“I'm so hungry I'm about to pass out”, Jongin whined, breaking the silence.

“Me too”, Da Hyun sighed, glancing over all the food. She decided to forget about Sehun and concentrate on keeping up a cheery atmosphere for Eun Yoo's sake. “This looks really delicious.”

“Then start eating”, Eun Yoo smiled. “My cooking is only so-so, though.”

“What are you saying! This is so yummy”, Da Hyun exclaimed with already full.

“I know, she is lying”, Jongin attacked the soup.

Sehun put down his spoon. He glanced at Da Hyun and heaved a helpless sigh. For some reason he wasn't hungry anymore, he was starting to feel depressed.

“Is everything all right?” Eun Yoo asked and he flinched upon her touch.

“I'm fine, just tired”, he flashed her a weak smile.

 

From his lateral view he saw Da Hyun narrowing her eyes at him and then she scoffed. It irritated him, no it actually offended him. A frown started forming on his face as he thought about it: she barged into his apartment in the middle of the night, completely wasted and slept on his bed half . She seduced him... Maybe it had even been her plan all along for all he knew! Whom was she blaming now? Who was she to judge him?

 

“Why would you two come here in the middle of the night?” he asked sternly, giving them both a weak glare. Da Hyun glanced at him and then shifted her eyes at Jongin. They exchanged meaningful looks and then both glanced at Sehun again, he was wearing a dark green worn out tee and a pair of Adidas shorts.

“You were so lying last night”, she glanced at Jongin. “Why would you lie?”
“I didn't”, he insisted.

“That's hard to prove right now.”

They stared at Sehun again.

“What?” he frowned. “What is it?”

“I told you things happened”, Jongin sighed.

“How much can a person cha-” Da Hyun grew quiet when Jongin nudged her into the ribs and slightly shook his head giving her disapproving look. She cleared and smiled at Eun Yoo. Meanwhile Sehun eyed them in suspicion.

“Have you gone wedding dress fitting yet?”

“Not yet.”

“Lucky you, you will get to wear so many pretty dresses”, Da Hyun gushed .

 

Sehun couldn't believe she could make such a cute face. She was behaving differently from her business self and that if something was distracting. Then he glanced at Jongin who was eating like he had been starved for days. When sleepy like this he looked kind of cute too.

 

“It will be hard to choose”, Eun Yoo sighed. “I'd prefer something simple.”

“Something classy would look good on you”, Da Hyun measured her with her eyes. The girl was pretty, all right. “You just need a good judge.”

“Do you want to come?” Eun Yoo asked with a careful smile.

“Yes”, Da Hyun answered curtly without even giving it a thought. She was curious to see how Eun Yoo would look like in a wedding dress and it would be a good opportunity to bond. Maybe they could become friends.

“No”, Sehun cut in, snapping from his stare. He didn't know how long he had been staring at Jongin already, luckily the latter hadn't noticed anything.

“It would be fun if she came”, Eun Yoo exclaimed with enthusiasm.

“I said no!” Sehun frowned and instantly felt bad when he saw Eun Yoo's disappointed face. But he really did not want to spend any more time than necessary around Da Hyun. It was dangerous.

 

“Why not? She asked me so I'm going”, Da Hyun shot him a glare. “Don't order her around.”

“I'm telling you not to come, mother and Shin Hye will be there anyway”, Sehun snarled at her. Who was she to come to his house to order him around and tell him what to do?

“That's one more good reason to come, I already miss them.” Da Hyun turned to look at Eun Yoo. “Unlike your fiance your in-laws are amazing, I'm even a bit jealous.”
“Thank you”, Eun Yoo chuckled.

“You are not coming”, Sehun stated.

“Yeah? And who are you to stop me?” Da Hyun taunted him. “Unni, invited me already!”

“Unni?” Sehun shrieked. “Since when did you become so close?” He didn't like the idea of Da Hyun getting close with his fiancee, it gave him a bad feeling. Who knew what this vicious woman was planning?

“But you won't be there anyway” Eun Yoo pat Sehun's shoulder and he turned his head to give her a questioning look. “It's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding.”

He rolled his eyes. “There you go again...”

“She is right, don't come. You'd only ruin everything and you don't know anything about dresses, anyway. Or about clothes in general...” Da Hyun commented, scanning his shabby appearance. “Unni, I am coming! I want to fit some wedding dresses too.”

Sehun let out a mocking chuckle. “Like, who would want to marry you?” Immediately Eun Yoo gave him a disapproving look.

“Sorry, that was a joke”, he said dryly.

“You guys are so lively so early in the morning”, Jongin commented. “Anyway can't believe you are getting married...”

“And you are not invited, who knows how you would ruin that day.” If only they had known the real meaning behind his words they would have pitied him.

“Sehun!” Eun Yoo frowned.

“Stop living in the past”, Da Hyun injected. “He is so totally over-”
Jongin clasped with his palm and flashed an apologetic smile. Sehun stiffened in his seat while Eun Yoo looked between the three in confusion.

“How much did you tell her?” Sehun asked through gritted teeth, his now cold emotionless eyes on Jongin's awkward face.

“What do you mean?” The latter feigned innocence.
“Don't pretend to be stupid.”

“He told me everything”, Da Hyun spat when she got rid of Jongin's palm. “And that's why we came here in the first place.”

 

Sehun hit his fist on the table and both Eun Yoo and Jongin jumped in their seats their faces turning pale. Da Hyun remained composed, suddenly turning on her business attitude.

“Get out now”, Sehun said coldly, his body seemingly turning into ice.
“Not before we solve the problem”, Da Hyun stated decisively. “Don't you think it's time to honestly talk it over?”

“And who the fu.ck are you to get involved in my life?”

Eun Yoo shivered when she heard Sehun's cold voice and saw the dark brooding look in his eyes. She was not used to seeing him like this and he sacred her. She glanced nervously at Da Hyun who was glaring at him with similar unyielding look in her eyes. Immediately Eun Yoo calmed down when she realized that Da Hyun had it all under control.

 

“Um guys-”

“Don't in!” Sehun and Da Hyun growled in one voice while glaring at each other. Jongin heaved a sigh, covering his face with his palms. They would fight again like back in her office and no one would be able to stop them. What a mess? What made him tell her all those things? He regretted everything.

“Why are you not saying anything?” Da Hyun asked mockingly.

“I'm not going to repeat myself again, get up and get the he-ll out of here”, Sehun said through gritted teeth. She only scoffed in response.

“Why? You don't want to?” a cold smirk played on his lips as he got on his feet.

“Sehun, stop this”, Eun Yoo grabbed his hand but he jerked it free from her hold. “Don't touch me”, he spat not even sparing her a look. Eun Yoo fell on her chair in shock, her face turning pale. He had never treated her this way before.

 

It was beyond Sehun's understanding why Da Hyun was getting involved but he didn't like it. This matter was not related to her in any way and she had no right to stick her arrogant face into his complicated life. His feelings were involved and she was the last one he would show them to. Maybe he'd explain himself to Eun Yoo when he was be ready but never would it be anyone else. All he wanted now was to get rid of Da Hyun as soon as possible. Ever since she stepped into his life everything he had build with so much care was starting to crumble down. He was afraid she'd make him crumble too.

 

“Not getting up?” he raised his voice. His hand latched on Da Hyun's shoulder and he forced her to stand up. She faced him proudly and their gazes locked. He was shaking from anger while she was glazing with ice.

“No matter what happened”, Da Hyun said in calm and sharp voice. “No matter how you feel you don't tell a person who has come to apologize to go and die.”

His fingers dug into her shoulder painfully while his eyes bore into hers but she didn't wince from pain. She stood tall and proud. “I didn't know you were that low”, she added with a cold smirk.

“That's enough, let's just stop this”, Jongin butted in. He was on his feet, trying to pry Sehun's hand off Da Hyun's shoulder. “You are going to bruise her!” he yelled finally getting everyone's attention. Sehun pulled his hand away, his angry eyes now on Jongin.

“What did you tell her?” His voice laced with irony. “Did you whine about your sorry life?” he scoffed. “You pathetic excuse of a human being.”
Hurt flashed behind Jongin's eyes. “Why do you always have to go this far?”

“Because you disgust me!”

“Shut the fu.ck up!” Da Hyun spat, smacking her palm into Sehun's cheek. He turned to look at her in angry disbelief, his own palm pressing to the spot she had just slapped. Somewhere on the background Eun Yoo gasped in shock.

 

“What the he.ll makes you so self-righteous? What have you ever done right to be so all mighty? It's you who is a pathetic excuse of human being! You are going to put innocent people to jail just for a ing promotion. How dare you lecture him?”

 

“That's enough”, Jongin grabbed Da Hyun's hands. “Calm down.”

She was still glaring at Sehun, trying to shake Jongin off but the latter pulled her towards himself. Sehun looked at her coldly, mockingly, insulting her with his eyes only.

“Let go of me damn it!” she yelled.

“No, we are leaving”, Jongin said decisively. “Like I told you he is not worth our time.” He turned to look at pale Eun Yoo. “I'm sorry about this. Thank you for preparing the breakfast.”

She didn't say anything, just stared at the three with fear and shock in her eyes. Even if she had any words to say they wouldn't be able to come out from her now dry throat. Da Hyun didn't resist when Jongin pulled her towards the door what stopped her was Sehun's voice.

 

“And what the he.ll makes you so self-righteous?” he asked with a scoff. “What have you ever done right to be so all mighty? How many innocent lives have you destroyed just because of your greed?”

 

Da Hyun looked over her shoulder, a cold mocking smile lingering on her lips. “If you want to know then why don't you come and find out yourself? Or are you afraid because I'd prove you to be completely worthless. I really pity your father, his son is such a disgrace.”

Sehun held his breath, hurt flashing behind his eyes as he shifted his gaze at Jongin.

“I swear I didn't say anything like that”, Jongin said curtly. “I didn't say anything.”

“It appears you have said enough...” Sehun scoffed. “I didn't think you would go that far...”

His words tickled Jongin off and he frowned. “What about you then?” he spat.

“Enough!” Da Hyun injected before he could say more. “I am sorry for causing a scene, unni”, she bowed at Eun Yoo's direction. “It was rude of me and I will make sure to somehow repay your kindness.” With this said she tugged at Jongin's sleeve and they walked away.

 

Eerie silence landed in the apartment with the slam of the front door. Sehun stood rooted to his place with an empty stare and his heart was beating restlessly. His feelings... there were many feelings he had kept confined in his heart, planning to never let them out. Ever. So why did he now feel like screaming them out?

 

“Are you all right?”” Eun Yoo's voice distracted him. She was now standing beside him with a worried look on her face. “Sehun?”

“No, I'm not all right”, he muttered, taking in a sharp breath. “I'm not okay.”

“Then, then”, she fidgeted. “Go after them and solve it, solve the problem”, she started pushing him towards the door but he wouldn't budge. “You have to go after them”, Eun Yoo insisted.

“It can't be solved”, Sehun uttered a dry chuckle. “It...”

“Your job is to solve other people's problems how come you can't solve your own?”

 

Maybe because the problem... was him.

 

In the corridor Jongin and Da Hyun were waiting for the elevator.

“Are you all right?” he asked with a sigh. “He grabbed your shoulder pretty hard.”

“I'm fine”, Da Hyun grunted. “I'm sorry.”

“You look more angry than sorry”, Jongin smiled. “Why did you do it? You shouldn't have provoked him.”

She looked at him with a frown. “How can he be so cruel to you?”

Jongin ruffled her hair. “Don't forget what I did to him. Those kind of things... no one forgets.”

“But still”, Da Hyun mumbled as they stepped in the elevator and she pressed the ground floor button. “You two were best friends for years, doesn't that mean anything to him?”

“I'm sure it means the world to him”, Jongin murmured with a bittersweet smile on his lips. Da Hyun darted him a questioning look but he only shook his head. They became silent until the elevator doors slid open again.

“I don't get you sometimes”, she sighed. “What do you even see in him? Why do you love him? Why does Eun Yoo love him?”

“Then how do you see him?” Jongin asked curiously as they stepped out from the building.

“Let's see”, Da Hyun stifled a yawn. “He is someone who has a fiancee but cheats on her once he gets a chance, someone who trades his dignity for a promotion, someone who has no compassion, someone who abandons a friend. Rude, selfish and arrogant.”

“You see him in that way?” Jongin asked, his brows raising. “He cheats on Eun Yoo?”

She chuckled bitterly. “Who knows how many women he has on the side.” Then she peeked at Jongin's face. “Somehow he has set his eyes on me but I won't let him have even an inch. Sleazy basta.rd.”

 

“Who is interested in you?”

 

Both Jongin and Da Hyun angled their bodies sideways and saw Sehun standing a few feet away. They exchanged glances with each other and then stared at him in surprise. Neither of them had expected for him to follow.

 

“Let me tell you one thing, Kang Da Hyun.” Sehun said mockingly as he stepped closer. “When it comes to you the only feeling I have is hatred. I despise you and once I get an opportunity to crush you I will and I won't hesitate.”

 

Da Hyun looked a him in confusion, unable to understand the reason behind his words. There were many people who hated her for one thing or another but she didn't know what would make him this fired up. He looked like he was ready to kill her this instant when he stopped in front of her.

 

“I'm going to show you again and again what it is what you did to me until you understand very clearly. Until you can feel the whole gravity of it”, he said coldly, his voice thick and deep. Da Hyun searched his darkened eyes but aside from detest she couldn't find anything else. She couldn't understand him, she had never done anything to him, she barely knew him.

 

“That's enough”, Jongin stepped between them, facing Sehun. “If you want to get to her then you have to go thought me”, he spat.

“You”, Sehun uttered a dry chuckle, holding his chin higher. “I'm already half way through you, anyway.”

“You are crazy”, Jongin said through gritted teeth. “You are sick in your head, did you know that?”

“I guess I am then”, Sehun spat bitterly.

“She has done nothing to you, she doesn't even know you! It's all in your head!” Jongin yelled. “When will you understand that nothing is her fault?! It's all your own selfishness and incompetence!” Behind him Da Hyun stood confused.

“I'm selfish?” Sehun scoffed. “Then what about you?”

“If you can't get over it then why don't you arrest me for ual harassment? Why don't you prosecute me then?” Jongin growled.

“Why are you always going on and on about that incident?” Sehun snapped, finally loosing his cool for once and for all. “We have had countless times before, do you think I would care?! Do you think I wouldn't have beat you to death for touching me if I cared? Do you think I would have moaned into your mouth like I did?!”

 

An elder couple who was just passing by stopped and glanced at the group of the three upon hearing Sehun's words. Everyone grew quiet and stared at each other, awkward glances were changed and then the elder couple hurried away. Weirded out as he.ll. This didn't seem like an usual love triangle and they didn't want to stay around to hear more.

 

“What?” Jongin frowned after the couple was gone. That's what Da Hyun would have wanted to ask too if she wasn't too stunned about what she had herd just now.

“Then why the he.ll are you always so angry? What the hell happened to you?”

“What happened to me?” Sehun asked in disbelief. “Are you seriously going to act clueless forever?”

“This is how you have always been. You never talk, you just get angry and hold grudges! Then you expect people to understand!” Jongin glared at him, his eyes catching on fire. “When will you

Please log in to read the full chapter