Big News!

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KAE SUN - Ship & the Globe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yc5EmiT8TY

---

Summer received a call from her manager to stop by the café at the end of store closing for a meeting.

It was their first ever meeting since the café had opened up. Summer was extremely curious to know what the manager had to say. What if her manager told her the store wasn’t doing so well and they were closing up? The thought of the café shutting down depressed her, because she had become such good friends with her manager and her fellow workers.

Forever Young café had become such a big part of her life. She had never thought she would get this attached to work. Not many people enjoy their part time work, but Summer did. She was happier working than she ever was when she was in school.

School? The thought only crossed her mind for a second, but it bummed her out. She didn’t want to think about school.

“Okay mum, I’m going to work now,” said Summer as she jogged down the stairs.

Her mother was in the kitchen when she poked her head out. “Work? But you never work on the weekend.”

“Oh no, we’re just having a small meeting! I’ll be back in a jiffy!” Summer said as she pulled onto her boots.

“Oh, that’s different.” Her mother smiled. “Okay, come home soon. Your Dad’s going to be home early from work today.”

At the mention of her Dad, Summer looked up at her mother with a doubtful expression. “Are you sure he’s going to be home tonight?”

“A wife’s duty is to always have hope that her husband returns, right?” Her mother’s kind smile warmed her heart. In her eyes, her mother was the most persistent and faithful woman she knew. Not a day goes by where her Mother didn’t lose hope in her Dad.

Often times, when her father would finish work, he would go out drinking with his coworkers. He doesn’t come home all the time, but when he does, things weren’t always well amongst their family. He was a good man, who provided well for his family financially, but emotionally and physically… he just wasn’t there.

Despite his lack of presence in the house, her mother, not once did she ever doubt his faithfulness towards her.

She was one of a kind.

Yet in the back of Summer’s mind, she couldn’t but wondered if her mother regretted marrying her Dad.

“What’re you standing there thinking about? Don’t you have to get going?” Her mother asked.

“Oops!” Summer laughed. She hadn’t realized she had faded off into her thoughts until her mother’s voice brought her back to reality; she glanced at her watch and gasped. “Okay, I’m off! Bye Mom!!”

Her mother blew her a kiss and watched as her daughter closed the door. When she was left alone in the house, she let out a sigh and glanced at the clock on the wall. ‘Come home soon…’

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter