Lost & Found

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EVERY SINGLE DAY - ECHO (ACOUSTIC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbaqnyECWFQ

The thing about Summer was that she was more secretive than she made herself seem to be. She had many secrets, and things that she kept only to herself. She was never one to let people in, despite how much she loved her friends, whenever somebody tried to get close and open up the box of secrets that she had held only to herself, she would immediately shut them out.

It wasn’t intentional, rather, internal thoughts of insecurity and lament that caused her to keep to herself.

This applied to her mother as well. The two of them were locked inside their own gates of secrets, unable to let anybody in on their secrets. It was as if they threw away the key and erased any memory of ever having it.

The only person who knew what was going on with Summer was Kai. She didn’t tell him though, he sort of just figured out the clues on his own throughout the years. He noticed how her Father was never home, and he noticed how she received bruises from time to time. In the past, she was beaten up to the pulp and still refused to tell Kai who had hurt her. She would lie, telling him that she had accidentally herself.

He never believed her, though.

Kai had spent a duration of their relationship at her house, yet never once had he seen her Father. He waited and waited, but her father never showed up. It seemed that on days that Kai wasn’t over, her father would be home and Kai could never catch him in the act of abusing Summer and her mother.

The worst thing is knowing that your girlfriend was being abused, yet you couldn’t do anything to stop it from happening.

Yet Summer kept insisting that was okay and that he needn’t have to worry over her. Unfortunately, at times it got too extreme and Kai couldn’t handle it. He was a sixteen year old teenage boy at the time, what was he supposed to do? He didn’t know any better. He just accepted her words and believed that she was okay.

She looked so strong, and she never cried. She always smiled and made sure he was happy.

But that’s what made her so empty. She was always trying to protect him, when she was the one who clearly needed protecting. Kai couldn’t do anything for her, and that’s why he had to end the relationship.

However, on this night, Kai had received a phone call from one of her friends that Summer had ran away. She was talking to somebody and that person may have triggered an unwanted memory from the past, and hence causing her to run off.

Although they were no longer together, Kai knew a part of him will always love and care for her. Her safety meant everything to him, and if he were to find out that she did something reckless while being under the influence of alcohol, he knew he could never forgive himself for being such a bad boyfriend to her.

Once he heard what had happened, he changed and bolted right out of the door.

His eyes scanned the vicinity for any visible sign of a young, drunk girl. Come on, Summer. You usually keep your emotions in check. You know better than anyone else to run off like that.

During their relationship, Summer had only run off like this twice. Once, she went to an empty bus shelter and another time she was at the park. Whenever Kai found her, she would be stooped down, cradling herself. He had never seen her cry, but there was always a look of fright on her pale face. Kai would try to hug her and ask her what had happened, but she would never budge. Even touching her was a pain because she didn’t like to be touched.

With all that went wrong with Summer, Kai had never told Chanyeol or Krystal what was going on with her. He knew he should’ve but at the same time he wanted to respect her personal space.

However, in this moment, he felt the urge to dial Chanyeol’s number and tell him what had happened. But his hands never moved. He never called Chanyeol.

Where can you be hiding Summer? Kai went to every bus shelter and park, bumping into everyone that was in his path, and yet there was still no Summer.

A suggestive thought crossed his mind, and his eyes narrowed together. She can’t be there… can she?

Without a second to lose, Kai made his way towards the bowling alley.

---

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter