A friend in him?

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GOT7 - 달빛

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UANCQLhvyMw

JB was on his way out of the washroom when he spotted Summer walking out of her theatre. He had only wanted to jump up and surprise her, but when he noticed the bruise on her eye he knew he couldn’t leave her alone and return to his friends. There was no way he would be able to go through the movie, without thinking about the bruise on her eye. He had been in a lot of fights in the past, and he could tell that was no ordinary ‘I walked-into-a-door” kind of bruise.

“Look, I know it’s hard to believe but I actually did hurt myself at work,” Summer said, trying her best to convince JB about her black eye once they were out of the Cineplex.

JB let her go and stared at her eye. “How did you manage to give yourself such a bad black eye? That’s crazy, Summer…”

Summer tried her best to avoid his gaze. “I was in the midst of mixing one of the drinks when clumsy me, shook too hard, and the cup hit me in the eye.”

JB raised his eyebrow in utter doubt. Then after a moment of thought, he finally said, “Summer, I know we just met… and it’s weird to entrust in a stranger like me but I want you to know that if something is wrong, you can trust me.”

For the first time in her life, a strange sense of curiosity came over her. The warmth that was expressed in his voice made it difficult for Summer to look away from him.

“If you ever need to talk to someone, you can talk to me. I’m just a call away,” he reminded her.

Summer softened slightly. The thought of spilling the recent events crossed her mind, but she pushed it away instantly. JB was a nice guy, but she didn’t know him. She had met many people in the past who had told her the same things he did, but none of them ever kept true to their words.

“Thanks JB, I appreciate it.” Summer shared a small smile.

JB returned the smile, hoping that everything was alright with her. He wanted to help her, but help can only be needed if that person extends a hand out for it. Although her tale sounded highly unlikely because she was such a great barista, JB said nothing else for now. He knew when to not invade in other people’s businesses.

Not wanting to let her go just yet, he peered around quickly and realized that she was alone again. “Did you come here to watch a movie by yourself?” He saw the way her cheeks flushed red and couldn’t help but chuckle.

“…Yes, I did,” Summer admitted. “Are you here by yourself, too?”

JB shook his head, and the friendly features now reappeared on his face. “I’m here with my friends.”

Relief flooded her system knowing that she was lucky enough to bump into JB and not Mark.

He looked at her in curiosity before asking, “Care to join us? We’re watching The Hobbit. P.S, I didn’t pick the movie, Yugyeom did. He watched the last two, and wanted to follow up with this one. The rest of us have no idea what’s going on because none of us watched it.”

Summer laughed, making JB wonder what the funny joke was.

“You know I read the book but never saw any of the movies. It’s weird, isn’t it?” Summer confessed.

JB’s mouth fell slightly and tilted his head in puzzlement. He gave her a teasing, crooked grin and asked, “I thought every reader watches the movie about the book they read?”

“Interesting… I almost didn’t understand what you just said, but strangely I did.”

“Oh, we have a grammar queen. Well, you know what, I have trouble rephrasing my sentences sometimes,” JB defended him. Summer laughed, finding amusement in their banters with each other.

The two of them were deep in their casual conversation when Summer became aware that JB was only wearing a hoodie. She could see that he was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter