Confessions

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KRYSTAL - ALL OF A SUDDEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvm_M0ULI40

As it turned out, what Krystal had to tell her was something Summer never thought she would hear in a million years. Okay, perhaps that’s a bit of an exaggeration. She knew it would come eventually, but she didn’t know it would come so soon.

She was sitting in front of two large empty suitcases as she stared up at her best friend with wide eyes. Krystal’s room was a mess, clothes were thrown everywhere; on the bed, the floor, on her lampshade, it’s a miracle that there was even a space to for them to walk across Krystal’s room.

Krystal’s face was covered with a kind of stress that Summer had never seen before.

“Okay, you need to tell me what the hell is going on. Right now.” Summer demanded the moment she sat down.

Krystal quickly glanced at Summer and then back at her clothes. She let out an exhale before plopping right down next to Summer with a bright smile on her face. “Summer, I just want you to know that you’re my best friend, okay? Nothing is ever going to change that, I promise.”

Summer grew nervous and waited intently for what Krystal had to say. Her best friend grew silent and her eyes became distant for a moment, as she thought about her confession.

“I recently got scouted from an agency in Manhattan, New York. Remember the Seoul fashion week a couple of weeks ago? I didn’t tell you, but I did get to model for Duyoung Jung’s clothing line, VanHart di Albazar. He isn’t exactly up there as of yet, but he’s a really good designer and thanks to him, I now am getting an offer of a lifetime to model full time in New York for Maybelline… How amazing is that? New York!!! Summer, this is what I’ve been wanting since I was a kid! My dreams are really coming true!” Her eyes began to fill up with tears, and she wiped them away with a small smile.

Summer felt the speed of her heart race with joy, yet her expression cracked slightly at the thought of her best friend leaving the country. “Does that mean you’re going to be moving there?”

This was when the smile fell off of Krystal’s face. She looked at Summer with pained eyes and nodded slowly. “That is one of the drawbacks. I know my career involves a lot of travelling and moving around. But I never expected that I would be given the opportunity to move to another country for it. I never expected that… and I couldn’t say no, Summer. I hope you understand… I hope you’re not mad at me!!!”

She slowly took in what Krystal had been saying. She knew this meant more to Krystal than life itself.

She deserves this. No one should ever stop another person from fulfilling their dreams. I want her to be happy more than anything else in this world. That’s what a true best friend should ever want. If this is what she wants, I won’t cry and I won’t beg her to stay. Summer pulled Krystal into a big hug. The two girls held onto each other as if their lives depended on it. For the first time in a while, Krystal cried onto Summer’s arm. Krystal had always kept her emotions in check, to conceal her non-chalant image. But in this moment, the emotions overwhelmed her and she cried deeply into Summer’s arm.

“I’m so happy for you, Krystal. I’m so glad everything is going your way. You deserve it more than anyone else I know. Both you and Yeol work so hard for your dreams. I can’t believe it! I’m so, so, so happy!” said Summer as she patted Krystal’s head to comfort her. “Don’t cry anymore, you’re going to make me cry.”

Krystal began to sob harder. Summer had to look up at the ceiling to prevent herself from crying.

“I don’t know when I’ll be back,” Krystal said through her sobs. “I don’t know when we’ll see each other again. I don’t want to leave you. It’s already hard that I’ve rarely been in your life these days…”

A part of Summer wanted Krystal to go, to achieve her lifelong goals and do what she was destined to be. Yet another part of her, didn’t want Krystal to leave. She wanted her best friend to stay here, with her, forever. Who else is she going to call when she has girl problems? Once Krystal moves to Manhattan, she’s not going to be a phone call away.

“When are you leaving?” Summer asked, patting her bestfriend gently on the back now to console her.

Krystal finally pulled away. Her cheeks were tear stained and flushed pink from embarrassment. She wiped the tears off her face with the end of her t-shirt and sniffled, “My flight is tomorrow morning at 6AM.”

“Girl, so soon?! You decide to tell me now?! Oh god, Yeol is going to freak out when he hears it.” Summer let out a sigh of stress.

Krystal bit her lip. “Actually, I kind of lied when I said I called Chanyeol to come. Truthfully, I told him a few days ago.”

Summer shot a look at Krystal. Yet, there was a sadness in her eyes that Summer couldn’t quite understand. Though it didn’t stop Summer from blurting out, “You told me last?”

“No, I still have my sister and parents to tell. I told Chanyeol first… but let’s not talk about it. Things didn’t end so well between us.” Krystal bit her lip and sighed.

“Oh god, don’t tell me two you got into a fight again. You can’t fight. You’re leaving tomorrow; you can’t leave with bad feelings, Krystal.”

“You can ask Chanyeol about it when you see him. Right now, I don’t want to talk about it. Let’s talk and pack, okay? I’ll treat you to dinner. It’ll be our last meal together for god knows how long.” Krystal sighed. She pulled Summer into one last deep hug before letting go.

“Let me just go wash my face quickly. Thank you, Summer,” she gave Summer’s hand a tight squeeze.

Summer watched Krystal leave the room and her face crumbled. She couldn’t understand what the hell could’ve happened between her two best friends. They had a knack for bickering with each other, but this time, it must have been different. Perhaps Chanyeol didn’t take it too well and argued against her going?  Park Chanyeol… what could you have possibly said to make Krystal so upset?

---

After a samgyupsal dinner, Krystal dropped Summer home in her Mom’s Mercedes. Krystal didn’t have her license yet, but her manager would often let her drive around in his car. He taught her how to drive and in a way, Summer was glad that Krystal had a person like that in her life. He was the father she never really had.

“Thanks for dinner,” Summer said as she unclipped her seatbelt.

“NO!” Krystal rolled her eyes and glared at Summer. “Thank you. Told you I was going to pay, tsk this girl never listens and grabs the bill herself.”

Summer stifled a laugh. “You’re welcome.” Slowly, her eyes began to cloud up with tears. She didn’t want to leave the car. “Can I say goodbye to you at the airport

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter