Coping With a Broken Heart

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DAVICHI - It's okay, that's love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXHvDDLiANA

---

Summer boarded onto the subway with her hood over her face. She sat down and leaned her head against the window. With her eyes closed, she allowed the tears to stream down her face.

There weren’t a lot of things in this life that could make her cry. In fact, she almost never cried, simply because she never had a reason to. However tonight, this was the first time in her life that she had truly felt heartbreak. She read about it in books, saw it in the movies and watched her friends go through breakups all the time, but to experience it herself brought on the most unbearable of pain.

Memories of the nine years with Kai came rushing back to her. He had taught her so many things during the duration of their relationship. He allowed her to see things in a new way without judgement, always laughing when she didn’t understood something rather then get annoyed. Kai introduced her to the music that she loved. He made her the person she was today, almost like a star that had always guided her path.

Yet now, he was no longer the star, but the darkness that had consumed her.

She felt her phone buzz in her pocket and she hesitated to take it out. After a few minutes, she pulled it out to see she had recieved three missed calls from Krystal. With the back of her sleeve, she wiped away her tears and tucked her phone back in her pocket. As she breathed in from her nose, she could feel how congested it became. This was one of the reasons why she hated crying: nose congestion.

 When it was her stop, she hopped off the subway and made her exit.

Summer decided to drop by Krispy Kreme. She bought a dozen and went her way towards Forever Young café. She felt bad for bailing out on her manager today and thought this would be the best apology for her.

“Welcome!” A greeting from a familiar modulated voice that Summer knew all too well of.

Summer saw it was indeed her manager who had to stay for the whole shift.

“Oh, Summer?” Surprised flickered over her face.

Summer gave an embarrassed smile. She handed over the box of dozen to her manager. “Sorry for bailing today! I’ll be coming in tomorrow don’t you worry.”

“You didn’t have to! I’m not mad at you… but thank you. I love Krispy Kreme!!” Her manager could see something was wrong with her. However, assuming that Summer was still sick, her manager urged her to head on home and to get more rest.

With a nod and a smile, Summer left and went home. Her smile slowly slipping away with each step she took.

---

There was two way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter