Goodbye

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GIRLS DAY - SOMETHING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fh4mp315F8

---

A week later, Summer had received a text from Kai. At this point it didn’t quite feel like she still had her boyfriend. In fact, it felt like she had lost him a long time ago. Yet, the moment she saw his name appear on her phone screen, her heart did a flip in her chest and the feelings flooded back in.

Kai had asked when she was free, he had said that he wanted to see her.

The strange thing was that, after almost nine years of being together, Kai should’ve known her schedule very well by now. She knew he knew that she was free on the weekends, yet he still asked anyways.

She knew what he really meant. After a minute of debating, she had called her manager and told her that she was not able to come into work today. When asked why, Summer came out with the excuse that she had gotten food poisoning.

“You should’ve called earlier, Summer,” her manager chided. “Are you sure you can’t stick it out for a few hours?”

Summer told her no, that she felt very sick. Slightly upset, her manager said okay and wished her a quick recovery. “If you don’t think you can come for tomorrows shift, give me a call tonight.” Summer thanked her and told her she owed her one. Although her manager could be tough, she knew she had a soft side for her employees.

After planning out tonight’s details with Kai, Summer got ready, feeling excited because she gets to see him again but also feeling scared. She knew why though—she knew exactly why.

After showering, Summer decided to give her mother a call to tell her she wouldn’t be eating dinner with her tonight. It rang a couple of time and went straight to voicemail. She sent a text instead. She contemplated if she should call her Dad but decided against it since he worked in an office. He always hated receiving phone calls in his cubicle. While her mother works as a nanny, calling her anytime is easy, except when she has to be hands on with the kids.

In a way, Summer’s family was pretty okay. They weren’t people who were bathing in wealth, and they weren’t struggling for ends meet. They were okay, and when times get hard, Summer often reminds herself that they were okay.

Summer went to the kitchen, grabbed herself some water before heading back to her room. She closed the door and looked at the room around her. Her walls were filled with pictures and pictures of Kai, Krystal and Chanyeol and her throughout the years. These three were her best friends and she couldn’t imagine her world without them.

She took a sip of the water before putting the cup down. She walked towards the wall with the most photos of her and Kai.

Raising her index finger, she placed it on Kai’s face and stared tenderly at him. He had his arms wrapped around her waist, the both of them were laughing as they stared at each other lovingly. “Jongin… oh how that smile of yours has changed… I haven’t seen it in a very long time.”

Summer bit back her tongue to prevent herself from crying.

When did I lose him?

---

Around five, she heard the doorbell ring.

With a cheer to herself, Summer put on her jacket and ran down the stairs. Before she even bothered to put her boots on, and opened the door.

“Jongin…” Her voice came out in almost a whisper.

 Kai lifted his gaze and he stared down at Summer. He was sweating and it looked like had just came over here from the gym.

“Summer,” he said in that low, desirable voice of his.

Summer stared at hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter