A Date With Chanyeol

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4MEN - NEVER LEAVE U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Ss9vhIdE8

After all the studying and hard work that Chanyeol had been doing the last year and a half had finally paid off. He was working on his internship at the hospital, and doing volunteer work for the cancer association down by Busan. He had been busy travelling back and forth, but that didn’t stop him from checking up on Summer and Kai every once in a while. He had learned a lot in the past few months, how important his friendship was with his best friends. From their text messages, Chanyeol can tell that they were in a good place in their life right now, and that warmed his heart. The only one missing was Krystal.

Summer was right. Krystal had read the message that he had sent to her before she went to New York, but she didn’t reply, and that saddened him more than he would admit. He had told her that he was sorry, and that he was going to miss her a lot.

Although he didn’t know why he said sorry, because all he did was simply tell her the truth.

All he could do now was go forward with his life, and live it as best as he could until she came back.

For one week, Chanyeol was granted an early vacation period from the Internship. He had been working too hard, and his administrator at the hospital was so proud of him that he allowed him a vacation week.

Without a doubt, Chanyeol was sure to take great advantage of it. The first person he met up with was Summer, of course! Nothing made him happier than seeing his bestest of friend and hanging out with her.

The two of them decided on going to a best friend dinner date to an all you can eat sushi place with a conveyor belt. It was the first time Summer had ever tried something like this, and Chanyeol was glad that it was him who got to take her there. Seeing the delight and surprise flicker over her face was worth every penny. It was a little on the pricey side, but Chanyeol knew he wanted to spoil her for the day.

“This is so cool,” approved Summer. She eyed the sushi on the conveyor belt, wondering which one she should eat first. She her lips like a predator eyeing her prey.

Chanyeol’s lips quirked up in a wide smile. “I think I’m going to get the shrimp sushi.”

“You’re so basic,” Summer rolled her eyes.

“That is so rude.When did you become so rude?” Chanyeol gave her a look and grabbed his sushi dish. Summer smiled innocently and grabbed the dish behind his, it was a salmon sushi, her favourite.

“I am only kidding, you know that,” said Summer. She took a big bite of her sushi. Bad idea, the moment it went into she tasted the overwhelming flavour of the wasabi. It numbed all the senses in and shot right up her nose like gas. She looked at Chanyeol with wide eyes. Chanyeol snickered to himself and then held the cup of water towards her. She took it gratefully with tears in her eyes, and chugged it down.

After settling down and getting used to the sushi place, the two of them were finally catching up with each other, after not seeing each other for a month. Chanyeol told her all the stories at work, all the gossip, all the clients and patients, and sometimes he would share sad stories about people that passed on… those were the hardest to talk about. Chanyeol was a very sensitive person, and it was hard to go into this profession because you go into it knowing that not everyone of your patients were going to make it.

“It’s pretty hard, you know. It takes a toll on your emotional balance when you see one of your patients die,” said Chanyeol, in a professional manner. He wanted to show Summer how matured he had gotten since working at the internship.

Summer was listening to him intently, her eyes focused on him. 

“It’s like you form this bond with your patient, and they become part of your family. You see them every day and make sure they’re taking their medicine. Even though I was only an intern, they treated me like I was their grandson. It’s an unexplainable, unreal feeling. And then the next day, they’re gone and all I can do is file the papers that they were gone, and that’s it. That’s it of their legacy,” said Chanyeol. He ate a piece of sushi quickly, and blinked away the tears. “Darn wasabi, so good, but the burn is so bad.”

“You did that purposely,” accused Summer, with a knowing smile. “It’s okay to cry Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol looked at her with pink cheeks. Caught. “Anyways enough about me,” he sniffled and took a sip of his water. He cleared his throat and set his beady eyes on hers. “What have you been doing these past few weeks, missy?”

“Well,” began Summer. She crossed her hands on her legs and her expression turned thoughtful. “You know me, the café is my life right now.”

He rolled his eyes so hard that he thought he was going to get a headache. “Summer, you don’t mean to tell me that you haven’t done anything worthwhile since I last saw you? I’m sure you have a life of your own. Oh, wait. Tell me about that party that you went to.”

“Oh, right,” remembered Summer. She shrugged good naturedly. “It was a good party, I got to know JB’s friends. And ohhhh, you wouldn’t believe this!”

“You got laid?” joked Chanyeol.

She shot him a look, and grimaced at him. “No, stupid. For the first time, I actually drank a lot. I didn’t even puke or anything. I went home safe and sound!”

Chanyeol nodde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter