Gone Girl

Beyond Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FAMILY OF THE YEAR - HERO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMVc0vG4K_k

Jackson gently led her to the front of his house. He paused in front of his driveway and then released her.

On this particular night, the temperature was not as cold as it normally was. The winds swept softly across their face, leaving a lingering kiss on their skin as it passed on by. The sky was full of stars tonight, not a grey cloud was in sight.

Summer hugged her arms close to her chest and stared upwards at the sky. She wasn’t drunk to the point that she didn’t realize she was alone outside with Jackson. In fact, just having Jackson stand there really helped sober her up.

Jackson said nothing either as he stood next to her. He was trying his hardest to get his eyes focused. Whenever he drank, his vision often went blurry. That was one of the downfall to wearing contacts, but he’d rather wear contacts than his glasses. He rubbed his hand over his face, and let out a sigh.

“I hate drinking,” he said suddenly, breaking the silence between the two of them.

Summer stole a glimpse his way. “Tell me about it, I have the worst tolerance when it comes to drinking.”

Jackson raised his eyebrow and looked at her. “Actually, for a girl, you can actually hold your liquor. I don’t know many girls who can drink as much as you did without puking.”

“That’s the first time I’ve heard anyone say that to me,” admitted Summer. She hugged her arms closer to her chest and said, “My best friends would be proud of me if they heard how much I drank tonight. I can't wait to tell them.” There was something in the way she spoke, with such love and sincerity, that even Jackson could feel how much she loved her friends.

“How come you didn’t bring your best friends with you tonight?” asked Jackson.

“I would've if I could. One of them is living in New York right now,” she answered. “And my other best friend is working hard to become a doctor, so he has no time to hang out as often as he used to.” She shared a small smile and looked up at Jackson. It was the first time she looked him in the eyes tonight, and for some reason, a sense of familiarity arose in both their memories. Summer dismissed that quickly and darted her eyes away. “It must be nice; you get to see your friends every day.”

“It’s not always that great. Some days I love them like my brothers, but on other days, I just want to beat the crap out of them,” joked Jackson.

A laugh somehow managed to make its way out of her lips. Her expression lit up, unlike anything before, and Jackson realized now, where he had seen her from. Every memory came flowing back to him, and he felt the race of his heart inside his chest. 

Tentatively, he stepped up to her. He didn't know how he was going to approach the subject, but he thought it would be best to be as blunt about it as possible. Jackson was never one to beat around the bushes when something caught his curiosity. “I know this is a strange thing to ask… and I know we haven’t really spoken much since today, but Summer, have you always lived in Korea?”

A flicker of surprise passed her facial features. She was taken aback from his question. She gave Jackson a strange look before shaking her head. “No, actually I moved here when I was maybe 8 or 9 years old? I can’t remember anymore.”

Jackson felt his entire body tremble. The colour drained from his skin and the alcohol had long washed out of his system. He knew you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter