Chapter 13

Gone Not Around Any Longer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

‘Ding… Dong…’ the bell rang. I stood up and headed towards the door. Probably it’s Baekhyun.

 

“I’ll get it mom!” I shouted before twisting the door handle. I opened the door revealing Baekhyun in his comfortable clothes; just a simple printed t-shirt and jeans.

 

“Hi, Baek” I greeted him.

“Hey. Are you ready to go?” he asked.

“Yup. All set” I smiled.

“Okay then. Let’s go”

“Mom! I’m going out!” I informed my mom before heading out.

 

We walked through my front yard  to his brand new car.

 

“Milady…” He opened the door chauffeur-style. I giggled at his silliness, which he replied with a smirk on his face. After closing the door, he jogged towards the driver’s seat and started the engine.

 

“So, where are we going today?” I asked him while putting on the seatbelt.

“We are going to a place where we’ve never been there”

“Ooh… this sounds interesting~” I gave him a giddy look.

“Shall we start our karaoke battle?” he asked in a formal manner.

“Yes, we shall!” In answered back also playing along with him.

 

He connected his phone to the dashboard with an AUX cable and pressed the play button. Since he got his new car, he’s been challenging me to do a karaoke battle, which happens every time I stepped my foot in this car. He has also been boasting about his great voice since he got the best score from the whole year 12 for music (which contains singing too, not only playing the instrument) in the last report card for graduation.

 

“Okay, here we go!” he stepped on the acceleration pedal and we drove off to Baekhyun-knows-where.

 

 

The song was already playing and Baekhyun is already singing enthusiastically.

 

“This song is really good…” He nodded his head, following the beat. I nodded in agreement.

“Hey, sing with me” He averted his view from the road to me and sent me his signature smile.

“Okay” I smiled back and waited for the chorus.

 

3

2

1

 

“Kkwak jabajwo nal anajwo

Can you trust me,

Can you trust me,

Can you trust me,

Kkwak kkeuroanajwo

Kkwak jabajwo, nal anajwo

Can you trust me,

Can you trust me,

Jebal, jebal, jebal kkeuroanajwo~”  We sang together through the chorus and our voice matched perfectly. When I stopped, Baekhyun didn’t stop. Instead, he continued singing while taking my hand, hold it tight.

 

Three minutes passed and the song ended, it was my turn now. I decided to get a  song with more beat in it. I scrolled down his phone and found a song that has been in my head playing over and over again for the past month.

 

“Ooh… never knew you like this song..” he gave me a mischievous smile. I chuckled and pinched his cheek.

“Aahh… why are you so chubby…” I pulled and pushed his cheek (not too hard coz’ he’s driving)

“Ouch-Miyoung! Aww… st-stop it! It hurts!” He whacked my arms away and rubbed his red cheeks.

“Sorry, couldn’t help it.” I giggled and gave him a ‘v’ sign.

“Aish..” He ruffled my hair and turned his attention back to the road. I focused back to the song and it was time for the chorus.

 

“Ringringring ring mabel meoriga pingpingping doneuge

Gaseumi teojildeushae

Oh my boy say my name baby

Ringringring ring mabel gaseumi kungkungkung ttwineuge

Neon nal michigehae nan molla mol molla

Ringring mabel, ring mabel~” I sang the chorus part rather loudly.

 

After singing 3 songs with Baekhyun we arrived at the place. He parked the car in front of a big rectangular building. I took off my seatbelt and stepped out of the car. I looked around trying to find any signs of my whereabouts.

 

“Where are we?” I asked Baekhyun when we started walking to the building.

“You’ll see” he smiled at me.

 

We continued

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter