Chapter 10

Gone Not Around Any Longer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My parents kept knocking on my door the next day. I didn't bother to answer them. They have the key to my room, but they knew that I need space. They didn't know about Baekhyun's departure, but that's just parent's instinct, and I was greatful about that.

 

I sat on my bed looking at my album which is the same as the one that I gave Baekhyun. A tear escaped and rolled down my cheeks. I just can't believe that our relationship would just end like that. Is this is what love do to you? They do everything nicely, sweetly first, then they stab you in the back. Is this is what it does? Well, if that is what love do, then I'm not going to fall in love again. Never. I don't care if I will die alone. I don't give a damn if I'm lonely. I just don't want to get hurt like this again. Once is enough.

 

Looking at Baekhyun's face in the photo where we rode the ferris wheel made me realise something; that crying isn't going to make Baekhyun not leave. There is no use locking myself in my room, crying like a baby. It's better if you use these last days with him happily and cherish the moment. I closed the book and placed it on my desk and headed towards my bathroom. I looked at my reflection, and to be honest I look like a zombie, except I'm not that skinny. I decided to take a long hot shower.

 

After putting on some decent clothes, I unlocked my door. I slowly opened it and peeked my head out. It was noon, the house was bright, soft chattering down the hall. I slowly walked out of my room and walked to the dining room, where my mom and dad is sitting. My mom stopped talking when she saw me. My dad turned his head and smiled softly, followed by my mom.

 

"Umm.. hi?" I waved awkwardly.

"Hello, darling. Do you want to eat? Chicken wings or dumplings?" asked my mom.

"Umm... chicken wings would do... thankyou, mom" I smiled.

"Here, seat" my dad patted the space beside him. I walked to the chair next to him and sat down, while my mom was preparing my meal. The plate was placed infront of me.

"Thanks mom. You're the best" I smiled at her.

"Hey! What about me?" my dad asked.

"You are the best too, dad" I showed him my thumb.

"Aww... thankyou..." he cooed. Then, the whole table burst into laughter. I ate my food, while mom and dad talked about bussiness stuffs. 

 

After I finished eating, I took my plate to the sink in the kitchen. Then, I walked back to take my mom's and dad's plate.

"I'll wash the plates" I said. I walked back to the kitchen and started washing the dishes. I was thinking about universities, piling myself with studies, so I can somehow forget about Baekhyun. Then, my mom came with two mugs in her hands.

"Miyoung-ah, if you are having hard times don't think twice about coming to us, we'll listen to you, okay?" she said.

"O-okay, mom" My mom was right, they are my parents, not strangers. Maybe, by telling them might lessen the pain. It was worth a shot. 

 

After I finished washing the dishes, I walked to the living room. My parents were cuddling while watching the tv. I was somehow jealous of them, because they got a happy ending, while I. I failed my first relationship. But then again, I was happy that they got a happy ending.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter