Clean Slate

Semper Vestra
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Jinrae, have a seat please."

 

"Yes, Sajangnim, do you wants to see me?"

 

 

I sat on the chair.

 

"As you know, you did a very good job in America. The song chart number 1 on the Billboard 200 for a week straight. They like it."

 

"Ah, yes, thank you."

 

 

 

"I want you to start your own career there."

 

"What?"

 

"You. Solo. America"

 

 

"What about the group? Aren't the contract supposed to end next year."

 

"That's why, and don't worry the group is fine. You're all preparing for the tour right? It's okay, you got them all."

 

"Wait, you told them?"

 

"I'm sorry about that, but yes. They allowed you."

 

I scratched my ear.

"I don't think that I can make it in the US. Even myself can't sure if I'm capable becoming a solo in here."

 

"Don't be a pessimist person, Dear. We'll go step by step for everything. We still got plenty times."

 

 

 

"And that means I won't be here for a long time?"

 

"Yes."

 

"But how's that possible? You know the tours gonna be packed for a year. Didn't it affect our reputation here? In this Great South Korea?"

 

He sighed.

"Consider it like a military service. You'll be hiatus in Korea when you do the tours. And fully hiatus after the contract date. All you have to do is just fly to US, do your tours, sign the extended. Be on hiatus and live there for a few years, then do your job."

 

I bit my lips.

 

 

"How you can be so sure if we'll extent it?"

 

I drew a sly smile and he got tense.

 

 

"Can I decide it untill the tours? Next year?"

 

"Until the end of the tour. But sooner will be great, Jin."

 

 

Loyalty is the key if you wants to get stand here. Respect, Graceful, Manners, Perfect. You must got them all, if you don't wanna get eaten by those people. Smile, it's okay to faking it. Put on the mask, whatever layer live behinds it. Cover the eye bag, cover the black spot, cover this and that, cover the truth. It's okay to be tired. Though they will cover it. Laugh, laugh at your colleagues joke, even it was a crap. Laugh at the screen, even if it's not scripted. Laugh at the MC's, even if they insulted you. Laugh at yourself.

 

It's okay to be imperfect, because we're a hypocrite.

 

 

"I'll think about it first."

 

I bowed to him and walked out the door.

 

 

 

 

 

Should I accept it?

 

 

 

 

 

My phone buzzed. I pick it up.

 

"Taeyeon."

 

"Hey, we need to talk."

 

"Me too."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter