This Circle

Stuck

It’s late night and he still wake up, leaning on his window he looking at a white big envelope on his table drawer. It’s been a few days since he got that envelope. He bites his lower lips and looking at his phone on his hand. Because that envelope this past few days his mind has been bothered a bit. After a few minutes of hesitations finally he calls the number that he already remembers for three years sharp. He waits for a while until the other party pick up his call

Hello?” The person on the line finally picked up his call

“Still up?” He asked, try to make a little conversation

“mm.. I am,why?”

“I want to meet you after the class ended, meet me at the café.”

 

 

 

 

Chapter 11 : This Circle

 

 

 

 

“Hyejin-a!!!!” She shouts on his ear after she found him and tackle him on the hallway when he still talking with Hyunsik.

“Ow, ow Wheennn!” He groaned but she only chuckled and drives her attention to their senior, not even minding her friend disapproval.

“Oh, Hi! Hyunsik oppa!” She smiled and Hyunsik just chuckled seeing her.

“Hi Wheein.” He greeted her back “So, that’s all. Just call me if something happened okay?” he told Hwasa.

“Oh, yeah. Thank’s a lot hyung.”

“I’ll get going, see you around guys.” He left them and Wheein eyeing Hwasa, making a questioned face to him.

“What?” He asked her.

“What are you guys talking about?”

“Nothing, just something outside college matters.” She nodded.

“I see,.. Uhh.. Are you free this evening?”

“Well, yeah kind of. Why?”

“Umm.. Do you mind if ask you out to accompany me shopping today?” She starred at him with hopeful gleaming eyes. He chuckled and messed up her hair.

“Well, did I ever mention I do mind in my life when you asked me that?” He cheekily smiled and wiggled his eyebrows.

“Yah! Don’t messing up with my hair!” She grunted and he laughed.

 

 

…………………………………………………..

 

“What do you think? How about this one?” Wheein just came out from the changing room and spinning around in front him who sit and waiting for her. It’s already an hour they spend time together in the store and Wheein has been changing clothes about five times already.

“Do I look good?”She asked him again. Instead answering her question he still stared in awe seeing the girl in front of him. She tilted her head seeing no response that got from the later. 

“Hello? Hyejin? Earth to Ahn Hyejin.” She waved her hand in front of him

“Oh ! Yeah , y-yes you do look good with that.” He stuttered. Stupid he cursed on his mind. Meanwhile, Wheein only rolled her eyes and puffing her cheeks.

“You’ve been say that to every clothes that I wear.” She whined and pouted to him.

“But I’m being honest everything looks good on you.” He cheekily smiles and she slapped his arm in playful manners.

“Cheesy.” She giggled “You don’t helping at all.”

“Well, you don’t ask me either to help you choosing clothes aren’t you? You just asking me What do you think? Or Do I look good? For every clothes that you have tried before.”

“Whatever Hyejin, I’ll take this, this, this and this one.”

 “Wow that’s a lot. Is there any special occasion that makes you shopping like this?”She was about to go to changing room but Hwasa’s question make her turn around and answer him first.

“Oh, I haven’t told you yet?” He shakes his head. ”Well, umm… Yoondak sunbaenim, he asked me to go out for a dinner this weekend, since you’re the only guy that I can count on to, so I’m asking your opinion I want to look presentable for once.” She smiled and showing off her dimples out. She doesn’t even aware that she just make him goes blank and has an unbelievable look on his face.

“I’m gonna change, wait for me okay?”

“O-Okay. I’ll wait.”

The moment he heard what she said before, his mind goes blank. He could only blink and had a tongue tied moment. So, it just for another guy? He chuckled bitterly. Why I’m so naïve?

“Maybe I should call him and switch our schedule now. I don’t have anything to do on the weekend.” He sighed and takes his phone from his pocket, but when he was open the lock screen he got a text that make him surprised.

 From : Sly Fox Shin

You look so down, are you okay?

He frowned and the text that he just got from her. How could she know? He starts looking around but didn’t find her so he decides to text her back

To : Sly Fox Shin

Where are you?

It wasn’t a long time and he got another text

From : Sly Fox Shin

Chill, I’m not spying on you gosh! Turn your head to the left. I’m in the café across that clothes store right now with my friends. Is that Jung Wheein, who’s with you?

He turn his head to the left and she was right, she was there sipping her Americano while looking at him and raising her eyebrows. He just put a poker face and text her back.

To : Sly Fox Shin

You almost give me a heart attack. Yes, she is. I’m with Wheein right now.

She replied back

From : Sly Fox Shin

Well if you got a heart attack, I’ll be responsible about that ;) .. Too bad :( , anyway you haven’t answered my question before? Why you look so down? Are you okay? Or- ah wait seems like I know thisㅋㅋdid Wheein said something that broke your heart huh? Aww poor Ahn Hyejin

“Seriously?“ He scoffed and looking at her while she gave him a cocky smirk and mocking face from her table. When he was about to replied her back Wheein came out from the changing room.

“Hyejin-a let’s-“ Noticing her friends facial expression when he holds his phone she frowned and taps his shoulder. “Hyejin-a?”

“Uh? Wheein, are you done?”

“I am, who are you texting with?”

“Uh? No-nothing let’s pay this.” He quickly put his phone on the pocket and drags her to the cashier. Little did he know Wheein saw a glimpse of his phone screen that he writes a text for Sly Fox Shin.

“Sly fox shin? Again? .. Hyejin-a did you hide something from me? She thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile

 

Moonbyul throws the white envelope to the café table in front of him. He leaned back wards and looking at the girl in front of him.

“Spill it out.” He said “What do you mean by this?”

“Have you opened it?” The girl asked him back softly.

“Of course I have! If I haven’t opened that damn envelop I’m not gonna asked you to come here right now.” He hissed.

“Wasn’t it already explained everything to you?”

“Explaining what? It was only bothered my mind and gave me another question Cho Hyunyoung!” He nearly shouted but he tried to keep it low despite the fact that he already left honorific term to the girl in front of him. “Why on earth you give me that medical report?”

“That night, when you come to my apartment, I know that you don’t want to see me. I can tell it but you force yourself in because you still deserve an explanation from me. Truth to be told, you’re not even ready to meet me, right?….. Seeing you like that, the only thing that came through my mind only this envelope. It can answer why and where did I went away before… I know you hate it but thanks for letting me hug you that night.” She smiled a bit.

“I’m ready right now. Now tell me why? I just need to know.” He looking at her frustratedly but slowly his eyes changes into tender one.

“I guess you are.” She inhaled deeply “As you see, I was in terrible state before, but I never told you that. I don’t want to make you worried sick, doctor said it was already late and maybe I’m running out of time. Remember when I’m suddenly distancing myself for few days from you? I was depressed I don’t know what should I do, I don’t want to tell you. Maybe you’ll hate me, maybe you’ll runaway from me or maybe you’ll dumped me right away and never want to see me again. After all who’s on earth wanted a girlfriend who suffered and waiting to dead? That’s why I never told you. Instead of thinking about it I started to think that I should cherish every moments that I had with you until one day a friend of dad from Japan called him and insisted to help me. They said they can cure me. I was so happy but then they said again, the chance was about 50 : 50 and I must stayed there for a year. I started to think, should I go or not because it was like a gambling. To be honest, I don’t know either I will survive or not, but maybe it’s not that bad to try. Then, I think about you too, because the chance was only 50% maybe I’ll not survive either. You deserve a better girl than me, a healthy one, not like me and after thinking for awhile I conclude that I should leave you and maybe push you away, make you hate me then you’ll forget me, so you’ll never feel losing someone or missing someone when I didn’t make it that time. That night, the night when you sent me home after our last date it was the night I went to Japan. I don’t want to do that, but I have too. I hope that I could make it and I see you again but if I couldn’t I hope that you meet someone’s better and I guess God granted all of my wishes, I can meet you again and you see someone.” She sincerely smiled to him and chuckled a bit.

He broke down and tongue tied. He looking at her trying to find a lie on her, but nothing… he found nothing, the only thing there was her sincerity.

“Are you tried to find a single lie on me?” She smiled “You still easy to read Byulyi.”He inhaled deeply and chuckled bitterly.

“Why you always make me guilty in every way.. Why it always me who feel guilty instead of you? Is this karma that I get after playing around before I meet you?”

“I’m sorry, really I am. You don’t have to feel that way… It’s all my faults. I should be the one who ask your forgiveness.”

“Is there anyone who knows about this?”

“Everyone know this except you… even your parents know this.”

“Even my parents? So you lied to me on your letter and you cut every connection with me? Seriously? You making me look like a fool right now.” He scoffed

“Do you expect me to tell you right away like hi, Byulyi I have something to tell you, I’m dying and will dead soon it was nice to meet you like that? How if you’re in my shoes? Are you gonna say Noona, I’m dying and I’ll be dead soon. Are you even gonna say that? Don’t you scare? I’m worried and scare that you might leave me.”

“Then, you leave me first? How could you? You just think about yourself! You don’t think about my feelings.”

“I’m sorry I know I’m selfish but I do think about you too. It was tortured me to not see you for a year and only hear your daily life story through my friends and your parents. They told me to be honest with you but I can’t it’s hard for me…”

“…How,.. how can my parents know about this?”

“They caught me drink my medicine on your kitchen, that night you’re out to bought something. I felt dizzy and start to nosebleed I ran to your kitchen and drink my pills but your parents and your brother caught me, I told them the whole story and luckily your parents let me stay with you even they know their son dating a dying girl. I begged them to not telling you everything and they agreed to help me, but can’t provide anything if I’m away unless the story about you. That’s way when you’re home you saw me with your parents and brother together.”

“So… This is the truth that you’ve been hiding for a year from me.”

“Yes, it’s all that I’ve been hiding from you and now you know it.”

He take a deep breath and looking at her. He thinks for a while, finally he got what he wanted and his thirst already gone. She told him everything. His clouded minds finally see the light and maybe he can forgive her now.

“Byulyi-“ She called him softly.

“Hm?”

“Do you like Yongsun?” He widened his eyes.

“Sorry?”

“It’s okay just be honest, do you like Yongsun?”

“I-..” He don’t know what to say, Am I that obvious? Instead of waiting his answer she asked another question.

“Then, do you still love me?”

! The hell you asking me like that? That’s what he thought, like seriously is she really asking me a question like that? What kind of answer that she wanted from me?

“Your blank and flustered face is still the best.” She giggled

“Are you playing with me right now?”

“Well ….. a bit” She laughed and he scoffed. “To be honest, it’s okay I know it all, So … Can we go back?”

“W-what? Go back? You mean we make up?”

“Technically we’re not even break up yet Byulyi.” She cheekily smiled and he clacked his tongue.

“You wish, so what’s up with you leave me then?” He snorted back.

“Okay, okay It’s my fault. But, really… can we go back?”

“I-I don’t know… maybe I can forgive you but about going back together… I don’t even think about that right now. I’m sorry.”

“I see. You don’t have to say sorry, I understand about that and also I know what you’re thinking right now it’s Yongsun, Me and you.” She calmly stated.

“Yah!! Stop reading my mind will you!?” She laughed.

“I guess we’re okay now.. Maybe, we should start from the basic?” He frowned

“Basic? You mean-“She nodded and offering her hand for handshake.

“Friend?” He understand now, they smiled and shaking their hands

.

.

.

.

“Friend.”

 

 

 

…………………………………………………………………..

 

 

 

“Moonbyul!!”

Someone called him on the hallway when he just finished his class and wanted to go home.

“Hyung?” He turned to see who was calling him.It was none other than Minhyuk.

“I’m sorry for that day.” Minhyuk told him.

“It’s okay, it was also my fault saying those nonsense thing.” He smiled.

“Thanks if you forgive me, oh and I just got a call from dad this morning.”

“Why? Something happened?”

“No, but dad wanted us to go home for family dinner and ...”

“And?”

“He wanted us to bring someone, if you know what I mean.”

 

 

 

 

……………………………………………………………………………

 

 

MOONBYUL’S POV

I’m watching Inception on living room with Hwasa right now. Well actually it was more like I’m watching and he reading his French book. I still thinking about what happened before, me, Solar noona, Hyunyoung noona and also my brother. Solar noona, she’ll be there. Maybe I should talk about this with Hwasa. I paused the movie but he suddenly look at me while frowning.

“Why did you pausing it?”

“I want to talk something to you. Is that okay?” I asked him. He closed his book and put it on the table.

“What is it?”

“What do you think about Hyunyoung noona?” He look at me with horror all over his faces “What?” I’m asking him again

“Don’t tell me you want to make up with her and else.. I’M TOTALLY AGAINTS IT!”

“W-well it’s not really that bad like what you think.”

“I DON’T CARE! NO STILL NO!”

“O-okay… I’m not going back with her yet-“

“YET? YOU SAY YET ? SO YOU HAVE A PLAN TO MAKE UP WITH HER ?! NO!” Oh man this is going worse, his lion mode activated.

“Chill dude, I just want to take her to go with me on family dinner.”

“ YOU WHAT!?!?!?!?!!?”

 

 

 

 And that night I have to call his niece Esna noona to calm him down, he seriously mad over me. I haven’t even told him the whole story but he already banging his door right on my face. I hope I don’t have to call furniture store and order a new door tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

               

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note :

Jjann!! The 11th chapter is done^^ and thanks for reading it! I’m really for none of MoonSun interaction and Hwasa’s breakdown thing again. I’ll make it up later to you guys!  Once again thanks for reading and subscribe this storyand yeah as always sorry for the grammatical error and else, I still hoping from some feedback haha ^^

 

See you in the next chapter ppyong!!! ^.~