Friday Night

Wedding Dress

Chapter 2 – Friday Night

 

Chaerin’s POV

 

“I’ll call you.” Minzy said and got in her car.

“Okay.” I replied. She started the engine and waved her hand. I did the same and off she goes. Not long after when a Black Mercedes halted in front of me and a man in his black suit came out.

“Hi Dony.” I greeted.

“Ma’am.” He bowed and opened the door of the back seat and I hopped in. His name is Dony. He works for Jiyong as my personal driver. I don’t know how to drive, that’s why. Besides, I also don’t want to learn. He started the engine and off we go.

“Can we drop by at the convenience store first? I need to buy something.” I asked.

“Yes, ma’am.” He replied glancing at me and back at the road.

“And please call me Chaerin.” I added. He glanced at me and smiled. He’s so formal. He’s a new driver. He was just hired last month because my former driver resigned. He was personally chosen by Jiyong.

We stopped outside the convenience store and I get off. I entered the store and went straight to the drinks section. I’m craving for a chocolate milk drink since morning. I grabbed the 1 liter drink and went to the cashier. After I paid, I went outside and in the car.

“Okay, let’s go.” I said and took a sip of my chocolate milk drink. It’s yummy.

Our house is a 15 minute drive from school. That’s because Dony here drives quite fast. Besides, he’s swirving a Sedan.

 

Not long after, we arrived. The gate opened and we halted. He immediately unbuckled himself and I know that he’s going to open the door for me so I opened the door right away. I saw him frown but I just ignored him.

“Thanks for the drive Dony.” I said and smiled at him.

“You’re welcome, ma’am.” He said and bowed.

“Chaerin.” I said correcting him.

“Sorry, Chaerin.” He said and smiled.

“There you go.”

I made my way when I noticed the White Lamborghini. He’s here?

 

I entered the house and saw no one. Usually I would found Dad at the living room watching TV with mom, especially during Friday.

“I’m home.” I exclaimed and went upstairs and to my room.

It’s a huge two storey-house. My room is located upstairs near Jiyong’s room. Jiyong doesn’t live here so nobody sleeps there. Jiyong lives in his apartment at Belle Maison. He seldom comes home. If he does, he wouldn’t stay for a night. So it’s just me and my in-laws who lives here together with the staffs. My room is spacious. I have my walk-in-closet filled with designer clothes, bags and shoes. All credits to Jiyong. I always get a supply of new clothes, a bag and a pair of shoes every month. All came from him. And I must say, his tastes are good. He’s the one paying for my school expenses and the one who provides for my allowance which is more than enough for a student like me. I only get to spend 10% of it. And it’s been like that for the past three years. You see, he’s a generous husband. If only he shows some affection then everything will be perfect. Unfortunately he doesn’t.

I put my things and went outside my room. I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen. I saw Mrs. Jung preparing something.

“Hi Mrs. Jung.” I greeted. She’s the staff head.

“Oh, Ms. Chaerin, you’re here.” she replied.

“Where’s Mom?” I asked.

“Chaerinnie.” Mom emerged and greeted me.

“Hi Mom. Where’s Dad?” I asked and gave her a hug.

“He’s at the pool area with Jiyong.” She replied. So he’s really here.

I sat on the stool and took a sip of my drink. It’s 1 liter and it’s already half empty.

“Can I help?” I offered.

“Yes. Kindly cut this for me.” Mom said and handed me the kitchen knife and the bananas.

“Is this for the dessert?” I asked and started cutting.

“That’s for the appetizers. I’m making a fruit shake. Be careful with the knife.” Mom replied.

“Oh, okay.”

Wait, why do I have to cut it if she’s going to grind it anyway? Well, I know nothing about cooking so… I’m in the middle of cutting the bananas when I heard murmurs coming towards the kitchen.

“Oh Chaerinnie you’re here now.” Dad greeted and walk towards me.

“Hi Dad.” I greeted and kissed him on the cheek. I looked at Jiyong but he didn’t even bother to look at me.

“What are you preparing?” Dad asked.

“It’s for Mom’s fruit shake.” I answered.

“Really? I see we have a feast tonight huh.” Dad commented.

“You can say that.” Mom replied.

A phone rings, it’s Jiyong’s.

“I’ll just take this.” He said and went out.

 

Foods are served at the table. I’m sitting on the chair opposite Mom. Dad is sitting on the head chair while Jiyong sits next to Mom.

“Ah~ this is so good.” Dad commented.

“Ofcourse, what do you expect from me?” Mom replied.

“Chaerin’s fruit shake is really good.” Dad added. I chuckled.

“It’s Mom’s Dad. I just helped cutting the bananas.” I said.

“It’s the bananas that made it really good. You know why?”

“Why?”

“Because you cut it really well.” Dad answered and took a sip of his fruit shake. I just laughed at him and so did Mom. “What do you think Jiyong? Do you agree?” Jiyong glanced at him.

“Mom made it really well.” He answered smiling at Mom.

“The output is good because Chaerin helped.” Mom said smiling at me. He didn’t say a word and continued his food.

“You’re graduating this year, right Chaerin?” Dad asked.

“Yes, hopefully.” I replied.

“That’s great. What’s your plan after you graduate?” Dad asked.

“I’ll take a board exam for my license and look for a job eventually.”

“That’s good. Where do you plan to work?”

“I haven’t thought about it yet.”

“Ofcourse she will work at Jiyong’s company. Where else do you think she’ll go?” Mom said to Dad.

“Well maybe she has some other plans?” Dad replied.

Actually I’ve never thought about anything yet. My goal is to graduate, get my license and apply for a job. I’ve never thought about applying in Jiyong’s company. And besides, I don’t know if he would want me to.

“What can you say about it Jiyong?” Dad asked him.

“What?” Jiyong asked.

“About Chaerin’s career. Where do you want her to work?”

“She has to pass her board exam first to get her license. She has to graduate first before that.” He answered looking at Dad. He never looked at me. Not even a glance.

Well, he’s right. I have to graduate first and pass my board exam.

“Our Chaerinnie will make it.” Dad said full of confidence.

“Aren’t we pressuring her?” Mom said.

“No.” Dad exclaimed. “Are we Chaerin?” he asked and I laughed.

“You really have high expectations on me, Dad.” I said.

“I’m confident.” Dad replied and we chuckled.

“It’s up to Chaerin what she wants to do after college.” Mom said.

“Your mom is right. Whatever you want, we’re always here to support you.” Dad smiled. “And besides, Jiyong is there to guide you.” He added.

Guide me? More like command me. Yeah he doesn’t talk to me but when he talks, it’s always a command. I took Accountancy because he told me so. I went to SNU because he told me so. If only he could be nice to me. I’m so lucky because it’s his parents who adopted me. And what’s more is they became my in-laws too. They always make me feel that I’m part of their family. They never fail to show their love for me. If only Jiyong could do the same. If only he could show some affection towards me. But then again, why would he? That’s why he doesn’t live here because he doesn’t want to be with me. He doesn’t like me. I think he will never like me.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

D x