His Present

Wedding Dress

Chapter 11 – HIS PRESENT

 

Chaerin’s POV

 

I woke up at the sound of my phone ringing. I don’t know what time is it but I’m still sleepy. I took my phone and answered the call without bothering who the caller is.

“Hello?”

[Unnie!] Oh, it’s Minzy.

“What?”

[Eyy, don’t you miss me?]

“Nope.”

[I miss you too.] She said and chuckled.

“Okay.” I said nonchalantly.

[Okay? That’s it? Heol. You’re rude.]

“Yeah.”

[Unnie, do you have plans today? Let’s hang out.]

“Yes. I want to sleep all day.”

[What? No. Let’s have a date. My treat. Come on.]

“Your treat?” I chuckled. “This is news huh.”

[Ahuh. Now get ready before I change my mind. I’ll text our meeting place.]

“Fine.”

[Okay, see you unnie.] She said and hangs up. She sounds excited. I smile.

 

I got up and stretched. It’s so nice to wake up not worrying about your class for the day. I’m glad I finished college. I was about to go to the bathroom when my phone rings. And I want to roll my eyes when I saw who the caller is.

“Yes?” I said trying my best to sound intimidating. I hope I didn't fail.

[Is this how you greet your husband when he gives you a call?] He said with his usual tone. Now I think I’m the one who’s intimidated. And did he say ‘your husband’ just now? Omo. I think I just shuddered in delight.

“Oppa.”

[Yes?]

“Sorry.”

[Good.] He said. Now I don’t know what to say. [Chaerin.]

“Yes, oppa?” There, I tried my best to sound sweet. Though it comes naturally I think.

[Go to my room. Now.] He said and hangs up. Go to what? His room? Why? Omo. Don’t tell me…

I went out of my room immediately and go to the room next door. When he says go to his room then I have to go to his room. I know he’s still being himself but I somehow find it sweet. Is this how you greet your husband when he gives you a call? I swear I want to squeal. He’s my husband and I should greet him properly whenever he gives me a call. ^____^

I opened the door of his room but closed it immediately. Oh my gosh, what if this is a prank? His door isn’t locked. What if I see him under the shower and… Omo. Don’t tell me he wants to make his own version of that scene in the shower. No way. No way. But… ^____^

I opened the door and entered his room. I’ve always wanted to enter this room before but it’s always locked. He always locks it so I never got the chance to see how it looks. I was always curious before on what does oppa’s room looks like. I got the chance to enter this room but that’s when he no longer lives here. That’s when he moved out of the house. My eyes widen when I saw what’s on his bed. It’s not because of the SpongeBob stuffed toy staring at me but because of what was placed on the center. And I can’t help but smile. It’s a bouquet of pink tulips. I made my way to his bed and took the flowers. Oh my Jiyong, just when I thought sweet was never in your dictionary.

I sat on his bed and admire the flowers in my hold. And I noticed there’s still another one, a small box. What’s this? My phone rings just when I was about to open it.

“Oppa.” I greeted. I don’t know what to say.

[Where are you now?]

“In your room.”

[Oh, did you see it?]

“What?” I smile.

[Don’t make me ask you again.] He said with that autocratic tone of his.

“You mean the flowers?” I said grinning. This is sweet.

[What? Sh*t.]

“Huh?”

[That flowers.. It’s not for you.. That’s not what I want you to see. Damn.] I hear him curse. And my smile was gone. So this is not for me?

“I’m… I’m sorry… I thought-“ Now I don’t know what to say.

[Do you like it?]

“Huh?”

[The flowers, do you like it?] Oh yes I like it. Unfortunately it’s not mine. Since this isn’t mine, might as well throw it? Psshh. How dare he ask me if I like it?

“They’re fine.”

[So you like it?] Aish…

“So what if I like it? It’s not like-“

[So you like it?] Aish, alright fine. Tss.

“Yeah, they’re lovely.” I said and just rolled my eyes. Psshh.

[I know you’ll like it.] Eh?

“So who’s this lucky girl that would be receiving this lovely gift?” I said full of sarcasm. Seriously, how could he?

[You.] Why do I feel like he’s smiling while saying it? And what? Me?

“Huh?”

[That’s for you.]

“For me?”

[Do I have to repeat myself?]

“But you said it’s not for me.”

[I was just kidding.] Kidding? He was just kidding? HA. HA. HA. He’s funny. -_- But I feel giddy. So he’s kidding now huh? He’s improving.

“Thank you, oppa. But wait, is this small box here for me too?”

[Yes. Open it.] And I did as I was told. What was in the small box was a key.

“What’s this?” I asked.

[A key, obviously.]

“I mean, what’s this for?” I asked holding the key with a crown keychain.

[That’s for your present outside.]

“Outside? Outside the house?”

[Yeah.]

“Really?” I said and run immediately downstairs.

[Hey, are you running?]

“Yes.” I said excitedly.

[Don’t run. Chaerin.]

I run downstairs to the living room to the hallway and finally I was outside. My eyes widen when I saw what was outside the house.

“Is this for me?”

[Yes.]

“Really?” I exclaimed. Oh my gosh, I have a new car.

[Yes. You like it?]

“I love it.”

[I’m glad.] He said. So this is why he wants me to drive my own car huh? I’m glad I learned how to drive. Though I was really scared that time when Dony was teaching me how. I really did my best and fight all my fears just to learn how to drive not just because Jiyong will be disappointed if I won’t be able to learn but also because Dony will get fired if I won’t learn. Aish, Jiyong and his never ending autocracy.

“Can I drive it?” I asked and went near the car. It’s a Porsche.

[Of course. That’s yours.]

“Okay. Thanks.”

[Happy graduation.]

“Thank you.” I replied and he hangs up. So this is his graduation present huh? First the date which was ruined thanks to me opening up about the divorce thing and then now the flowers and the car. Kwon Jiyong is sweet, in his own way I should say.

 

 

*******

 

 

“Nice ride.” Minzy greeted when I arrived. She texted me the meeting place which is here at the coffee shop.

“It’s from Jiyong.” I said glancing at my car outside.

“I figured.” She said.

“Graduation present.” I said smiling.

“Oh.” She said nodding.

“And a bouquet of pink Tulips.” I continued and she gave me a surprised look.

“He’s improving.” She said and I grin.

“You think we’re improving?” I ask.

“I think? I think he’s now being the husband he has to be and I can see that you’re happy.”

“I am?”

“Ahuh, it’s written on your forehead.” She said and we laughed.

“I hope we really are.”

 

 

********

 

 

Hyorin’s POV

 

“Hyorin.”

“Mr. Kwon.”

“You buy something for Ms. Park and send it to her. I want that today.”

“You mean Ms. Sandara Park?”

“Yes.”

“Okay sir.” I said and Mr. Kwon entered his office.

So that means they’re finally over. And just like the others, it only lasted a month. Heol. Poor women. Now what to buy for Ms. Park?

 

 

********

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

I stare at the item delivered to me a minute ago. The moment I saw it I felt all of the uneasiness. Please let it be not from him. Please. It’s wrapped in crimson red and there’s card on top of it. Oh please not his name. Not from him, please. I sat on my bed and checked the writings on the card and my eyes widen.

 

It was a pleasure.

 

Kwon Jiyong

 

Anybody would be happy if they receive a gift, especially from a guy like him. But no, this gift just means one thing. It was a pleasure? My face heats up and so with my eyes. I think I’m going to cry. No. No. I can’t accept this. I took my phone and dialed his number. There are few rings before he picks up.

[Yes?] I was expecting for a different greeting. The one he usually says. And this tone, this is different. Why does he sound like I’m a stranger calling?

“Jiyong, thanks for the gift.” I said and calmed myself. Oh please. There was a moment of silence before I hear him speak.

[You’re welcome.]

“Are you busy?”

[Yes. It’s late now, you should rest.]

“Are you free tomorrow? I miss you, you know.” Please… Please…

[Dara… This will be your last phone call.]

“What? Why?” My tears threaten to fall. Oh please…

[I want you to delete my phone number in your contacts.]

“But why?”

[I assume you already know why.]

“What?” How can he say that as if nothing happened between the two of us?

[It’s over. Goodbye.] He said and hangs up. And my tears started to fall.

 

 

*******

 

 

Chaerin’s POV

 

It’s already evening. I spend the whole day bonding with Minzy. I wonder how is Youngbae-oppa. I never heard anything from him since graduation.

“So what’s your plan unnie? Where do you plan to review?” Minzy asked. We’re here at the restaurant. The whole day was tiring.

“At SNU review center of course.” I replied.

“A loyal SNU girl huh?”

“Yeah.” I laughed and I hear my phone rings. I smiled and showed Minzy the caller and she grins.

“Hello, oppa.” I greeted.

[Where are you?] If only he could make his tone sweet then it will be perfect.

“I’m here at the mall with Minzy.”

[I expect you to be here in 30 minutes.] he said and hangs up. He what?

“What?” Minzy asked.

“I have to go.”

“Now?”

“Right now.” I stood up and took my bag.

“Bye Minkky.”

“Bye unnie.” She said and I left.

Could it be that his autocratic tone is his own way of being sweet towards me? Or is it just me? I stride faster and made my way out. I went to the parking lot and barged in my car. And then my phone rings again.

“Oppa.”

[Make it 10.] He said and hangs up. Seriously?! Heol. And where does he want me to go?

 

 

I assume he was talking about house. So I drove my car as fast and as safe as I can. What should I do with you Kwon? Seriously.

I arrived at the house safe and sound.

“You’re home.” The man who’s sitting on the couch with crossed legs and crossed arms greeted. Speaking of the autocrat.

“Yeah.” I said gazing at him. And we were just staring at each other.

“Why are you just standing there?” He asked.

“Well… uhm, I should go.” I said motioning upstairs and he nod. He’s still wearing his business suit. Is he staying tonight? I looked back at him and I saw him looking at me.

“Are you staying for the night? Here?” I asked. I still feel quite awkward when talking to him. I don’t know if it’s because we seldom talk or because he’s just intimidating, or what.

“Yeah.” He answered.

“Is that permanent? I mean, your stay here?” I asked. Well, I’m hoping to see him every day. Is it just me or I saw a glint of smile on his face?

“We’ll see.” He said and cocked his head to the right. Is that a threat?

 

 

********

 

 

I checked the time on my phone. It’s 12 midnight and I can’t sleep. I’m thinking of Jiyong-oppa. He’s bossy, it’s so obvious. But he’s the CEO so why wouldn’t he, right? But he should be like that in his employees and not to me. But I find it cute when he acts like that. I think he just cares. It’s just his only way of showing it, right? I wish he could show a little affection? Or maybe that’s already an affection for him? I know that he’s snob and aloof so I guess that’s the only thing and the only way he could manage? Perhaps he also likes me? Or maybe he’s now starting to have feelings for me? Arrrggghh I don’t know. I wonder if he’s asleep by now. What time do CEOs usually sleep? They’re busy people so maybe early? I took my phone and looked for his number. Will he pick up if I call him? But why would I call him in the middle of the night? To ask if he’s already sleeping? Of course he’s already sleeping by now. What if I call him and then he wakes up and got mad because I disturb him? Well, nevermind. I put my phone back and stare at the ceiling. I took my phone and looked for his number again. And before I know it, I’m dialing his number. I listened to the ring and he picks up. Oh no, oh my gosh. I closed my eyes expecting for a mad man’s voice.

[What?] He doesn’t sound disturbed. I’m relieved.

“Did I disturb you?”

[No.] I’m surprised his voice is calm.

“Why are you still awake?”

[I should be asking you that.]

“I can’t sleep.”

[Is this what you do when you can’t sleep? Disturb other people?] Now that’s quite a reprimand.

“I thought I didn’t disturb you.”

[What are you doing?]

“Lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling… talking to you.” Why do I sound sentimental?

[Are you okay?]

“Yeah, I am.”

[Okay. You should sleep now.]

“Oppa…”

[Hmm?]

“Thank you for the gift.”

[Are you happy because it’s a new car?] He sounds quite hesitant. I don’t know but I can tell.

“Not really. I mean, the flowers are already enough.”

[Really?] I could sense a ghost of smile on him asking that.

“Yeah, but I like the car.” I said and couldn’t hide my giggle. And then I hear him chuckle. And it’s for the first time.

[I thought so.] He said.

“I’m happy.”

[Why is that?]

“I don’t know. Maybe because you gave me flowers, a car, but then you always give anything to me so I think I’m already used to it. Though the flowers is a first.” I chuckled. “I don’t know, maybe because despite everything, you know all these years, though you’re not around physically… you’re still there, always there for me. So, thank you.”

[Can I ask you something?]

“Sure.”

[Do you hate me?] Do I hate him? He’s rude. He’s commanding. He always makes me do what he wants. He always does things his way. But despite all of that…

“No.” I mumbled. There was a long period of silence. And then I hear him sigh.

[That’s all I wanted to hear.] He murmured and I don’t know but it makes me smile.

“I think I should sleep now.”

[You should.]

“Good night oppa.”

[Good night.]

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

D note:

  1. I’ll try my best to make longer chapters. It's just that I'm quite a lazy person and I find the previous chapters already long, that’s why. ^____^
  2. You will have a chapter under HIS POV when the right time, right moment and right situation comes. ^____^
  3. Kwon Jiyong is a bastard, right? Don't worry he will SUFFER. *winks*
  4. Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, voting and dropping your comments. I really appreciate all of it. I love you all. ^____^
  5. Skydragon28 and apurinchan made me giggle. I don't know why. ^____^

 

 

 

D x