Homies

Wedding Dress

Chapter 3 – HOMIES

 

Chaerin’s POV

 

I’m here at the library spending my free time. I should be studying right now but I’m not in the mood so here I am scrolling my phone and listening to my playlists when my phone rings.

[Hi Mrs. Kwon.] the caller greeted. It’s Minzy.

“Mrs. Kwon?”

[Yeah, Mrs. Kwon Jiyong.] she chuckled.

“Seriously?”

[Why? You don’t like it? You’re the queen bee. You deserve to be called one.] She said with her proud tone. Well, I like it. I chuckled.

“Where are you?” I asked.

[I’m on my way to the dean’s office.]

“And why?”

[I have to submit my papers. Where are you?]

“I’m at the library.”

[Okay, I’ll call you later.] She said and hangs up.

Mrs. Kwon huh? Hah!

“What’s with the smile?” someone asked and when I looked up, it’s Youngbae-oppa.

“Oppa.” I greeted. He took the seat opposite me.

“Who was it? You’re lover?” he asked and motioned at my phone.

“Lover? It was Minzy.”

“Minzy.” He said mocking.

“Seriously. Look.” I said and showed him the received call in my phone.

“Oh~ okay.” He said and smiled. I just rolled my eyes at him.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I was looking for you. I know I’ll find you here and I did.” He said proudly.

“You know me so well.” I commented.

“Ahuh.” He nodded.

“I’m afraid.” I chuckled.

“You should be.” He laughed.

Youngbae-oppa is my close friend. He’s like the male version of Minzy. We first met when I was in third year college. He was my classmate in one of my Management subjects. We became partners in a requirement that our teacher required us to submit. That’s how I got to know him. Since then we became friends until now. We’re both graduating this year, hopefully.

“Three months to go.” He said.

“Ahuh. No more homeworks. No more exams. No more stress.” I nodded.

“You still have your board exam.” He said.

“Well, after my board exam, no more homeworks, no more exams, no more stress.” I said.

“How about the results of the board exam?” he asked. Seriously?

“Oppa, don’t you have faith in me? I’ll pass the exam. I promise you that.” I said and winked at him.

“Go Chaerin. Fighting!” he exclaimed and I poked his arm.

“We’re at the library.”

“Sorry.” He looked at the students who looked at us and apologized.

“Where do you plan to work?” I asked. He put his elbow on the table and rested his chin on his hand.

“I don’t know. How about you?” he asked. I mimicked what he did.

“I don’t know too.” I replied.

“How about, we apply on the same company?”

“That’s great. Let’s send our resumes and application letters together.” I said.

“Okay, good.” He said.

“Hey lovebirds.” Minzy greeted and took the seat next to me. She’s always like this, teasing me and Youngbae-oppa. I thought she will already stop it knowing that I’m married already but here she is. Seriously? What happened to the Mrs. Kwon a while ago?

“Hey your face. What are you doing here?” I said.

“I’m hungry. Let’s go grab some food unnie.”

“Me too. Let’s go Chaerin?” Youngbae-oppa asked and stood up.

“Okay.” I said and did the same.

“Yes.” Minzy exclaimed and hooked her arm on mine.

“Yes what?” I asked.

“It’s unnie’s treat.” She said happily.

“I thought so.” I chuckled.

 

We made our way to the cafeteria and find a vacant table.

“I’ll get our food.” Youngbae-oppa said.

“It’s oppa’s treat then.” Minzy said. Youngbae-oppa just winked at her. Oppa knows what we like so we let him order our food for us.

“Hey, unnie.”

“What?”

“Are you using protections? You were never pregnant.” she asked full of curiousity making my eyes widen in shock. What?!

“What?” I asked and looked around. What if someone else heard us? Aish, this girl, seriously.

“What? You’ve been married for three years. Clearly you’ve already done it together, right?” she asked and my eyes widen again. I swear it will fall out of my eye sockets.

“Minzy, what are you talking about?”

“Oh come on unnie. That’s what married couples do. You don’t have to be shy, okay?” she said. Seriously?

“You shut up or someone else will hear you.” I said and looked around.

“That’s another thing. Why are you keeping your marriage as a secret? I don’t get it.” She asked full of confusion on her face. I looked at Youngbae-oppa and he’s still getting our food.

“Shut up. Oppa will be here anytime soon.” I said.

“You’re even hiding it from Youngbae-oppa.” Aish. This kid. I really shouldn’t have told her about it.

“I’ll tell you, but not now. Okay? Now shut that pretty mouth of yours.” I said. Oppa is already on his way here.

“I will if you tell me everything.” She beamed. Aish. Is this one of the perks of having a bestfriend? Or it’s the opposite?

“Fine. I will.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

“I love you unnie.” She beamed and hugged me. I smiled. I think it’s one of the perks.

“Here you go.” Said oppa and put the tray on the table.

“Wow, it really looks appetizing to me.” Minzy said.

“This is not free. You have to pay me.” Oppa said to Minzy.

“What? Okay, unnie will pay for it.” Said Minzy.

“Yeah, this should be your treat. You’re the rich kid here.” Youngbae-oppa said.

“Rich kid?” I said. Here we go again with the teasing.

“Yes.” Minzy said. I’m already hungry so I won’t argue with them.

“Fine. How much?” I asked.

“Wow. She admitted it for the first time.” Minzy exclaimed. I just rolled my eyes.

“And because of that, it’s my treat.” Oppa declared.

“Okay, let’s eat.” Minzy said and took a spoonful of her food. I laughed.

This two really makes my day. Minzy who’s like a sister to me and Youngbae-oppa who’s like a brother to me. They’re the only friends I have. They’re like my second family. I’m so grateful for having them. My homies.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

D x