J for Jiyong

Wedding Dress

Chapter 14 – J for JIYONG

 

Chaerin’s POV

 

In a job interview you have to make sure that you are well dressed. You have to look presentable and professional. And since I will be applying for a job under my husband’s company, let’s add the word beautiful to the MUST BEs.

Wearing my pink dress and white stilettos, I gracefully walked on the lobby of Kwon Empire and went in the elevator pressing the 21st floor. The lift bolted up and in seconds I found myself at the floor of the CEO's office. A woman from yesterday greeted me as I walked in front of her desk.

“Good morning, Mrs. Kwon.”

“Good morning Hyorin-ssi. I’m here to see Mr. Kwon.” I said smiling at her.

“This way ma’am.” She said as she stood up from her chair and led me the way to the CEO’s office door. She opened the door for me and I thanked her.

The CEO is on his phone when I came in.

“Okay, send me the copy of those.” He said and hangs up. He looked at me and eyed me from head to toe.

“Good morning, sir.” I greeted. He smiled.

“Good morning.” He said. “Have a seat.”

I took the white leather chair in front of his desk and sat properly. I have to act professionally.

“I’m here to apply for a job, sir. Here’s my resume and my application letter.” I said handing him the brown envelope.

He opened the envelope and took out my resume and my application letter.

“Ms. Lee, don’t you know that in applying for a job you don’t give your papers directly to the CEO? You have to submit it to the lower management and they will be the one to conduct the interview for you, not the CEO himself.” He said looking straightly at me. My eyes widen. Oh my god. It’s true. What came to my mind that I head straight to his office? Clearly I should’ve done the regular procedures right? What am I thinking?

“Anyways, since you’re here already then I guess I just have to do it myself.” He said and read my paper.

“So you’re a fresh graduate.”

“Yes sir.”

“No work experience.”

“Yes sir.”

“Tell me, why should I hire you?”

I stare at him. Why should he hire me? Okay, you can do this Chaerin. Be confident. Don’t get intimidated by this man sitting so arrogantly before you. Do your best. Fighting! Okay, here we go.

“You’re company is one of the biggest companies in the country. You have a good company management and your profit maximization is exceptional. Now, to make the company maintain its position on top you need someone who can add a contribution to the company’s success. Someone who is driven, competent and responsible. I may not have work experience yet but given my skills in accounting and taxation and my abilities in management, I believe I can be a good asset here in your company, sir.”

We just stare at each other. I have to thank Prof. Park for teaching us how to be at your best when you come facing the real employment world. He just stares at me and me at him. And then he put my paper on his desk. He leaned against his chair and regards me intently.

“What's written there is Lee Chaerin." He said emphasizing the Lee. Oh no. "Are you single Ms. Lee?” He asks with a serious face. Seriously? A glint of smile touched my face.

“No sir.” I said full of confidence.

“You have a boyfriend?” He asked still with that serious face. What is this? Is he making fun of me?

“No sir.”

“Ex-boyfriend?” He asked. I just stare at him and then he tilted his eyebrow at me. So this is his game huh? Alright, bring it on.

“Yes, sir.” I said so confidently and his eyes widen and then narrowed with his brows furrowed. He leaned against his desk and looked at me intently.

“What? Who?” He hissed.

Who? Now who’s your ex-boyfriend Chaerin? Think of someone good looking, rich, and popular. Someone he knows. Someone with the same level of handsomeness as him. Uh… Uhm…

“Choi Seunghyun a.k.a TOP.” I said full arrogance. Take that Kwon. You have Sandara? I have TOP. Though I wish mine was true. Aigoo.

“You and him? What the ? He’s you’re ex?” He exclaimed. I just shrugged. He believed you Chae. He believed you! Oh my gosh, you deserve an award Chae. You really do. I’m going to tell Minzy about this.

He stares at me like he can’t believe what he just heard. And then he tilted his eyebrow at me.

“Vrgin?”

My eyes widen. I think I’m now as red as a tomato. What?! Why is he asking? Why does he want to know? And what should I tell him? Oh my god. I’m in a job interview and I’m asked if I’m vrgin. Like seriously? You call this a job interview? Is it just me or it’s always like this? I gulped.

“What?” I asked staring wide eyed at him. He just stares at me and tilted his head to the side.

“Are you vrgin, Ms. Lee?” He said staring at me and I gulped again. What should I tell him? That we never had a honeymoon so I’m still vrgin? Where is he going with this? Should I tell him the truth? But I just said that TOP is my ex-boyfriend. You started it Chae, you finish it. Okay… Put on the best actress mode Chae.

“No.” I said and intently stare at him. He gave me a look of disbelief like I just said something stupid. And I want to take back my word. His face darkens and regards me coolly. He took his phone and dialed a number. He put it on his ear without taking his eyes off me.

“YG? It’s me Kwon. TOP, I want him out.”

My eyes widen. What?!

“You heard me. I want his as$ out. Now.”

Oh my god, what is he doing?

“Oppa.”

“You get him out of YG Entertainment or I’ll liquidate my shares. Right now.”

“Wait! Wait! Oppa. What are you doing?” Oh my god, is TOP in trouble? He doesn’t even know me.

“What am I doing? Disclosing some immaterial asset, you know.” He shrugged and regards me coolly.

“But you said you want TOP out of YG.” Oh my gosh.

“Oh, you heard that?”

“But why?” Oh god. Is this about the ex-boyfriend thing?

“You’re asking me why?” He said furious.

“But why would you kick him out just like that?” I asked. Seriously? Why? He looked at me with that look as if trying to find the right words.

“Because he’s a er.”

So that’s it. The not vrgin thing! Oh my god. That handsome man will lose his job because of me.

“Jiyong I was just kidding. Take it back. The guy is innocent.”

“What?”

“I was just kidding. I had no boyfriend since birth.”

He just stares at me as he tries to process the words I just said.

“Listen. He’s not my ex-boyfriend. He doesn’t even know me. I don’t have an ex-boyfriend. I never had a boyfriend. And for God’s sake I’m vrgin!” He just stares at me and I just stare at him dumbfounded. This is so embarrassing.

“You were… just kidding?”

I nod. “Yeah.”

“It wasn’t… true?”

And I nod again. “Please take it back. That guy is innocent.”

“You were… lying?”

“I wasn’t lying. Yeah, I was but I was just kidding.” I said. I have to clear this or else an innocent man will lose his job because of my foolishness.

“You were… making fun of me?”

I stare at him and nodded. “But you were doing the same thing and I just… counter attacked.”

He narrowed his eyes at me and tilted his eyebrow.

“Take your resume. You’re not hired. Go home.”

“What?”

“You expect me to hire you when you just lied to me seconds ago? Not to mention, as an accountant.” He said spitting the words.

“I was just kidding.” Oh no. Just what have I done?

“No. Go home.” He said. He’s acting like a 7 year old brat.

“But-“

“No buts. You don’t fit in here. I don’t want you here. Go home. Now.” He said glowering at me and stood up making his way out of his office. And then he’s gone leaving me here. What should I do now? I really shouldn’t make fun of him next time. He’s taking jokes seriously.

I just remained sitting on the chair. I’ll apologize to him when he comes back.

I waited… and waited… it’s been almost 30 minutes since he left and he’s still not here. Where did he go?

The door suddenly opened and he enters. Thank god.

“Why are you still here?”

“Oppa, I’m sorry. Look I was just kidding. It wasn’t true. Please forgive me.”

He sat on his chair and read some paper.

“Oppa.”

No answer. He’s ignoring me.

“Jiyong oppa.”

Still no answer. Oh my god he’s sulking.

“Kwon Jiyong-ssi.”

Ignore. He’s really ignoring me. What should I do now? How to tame a sulking dragon?

I took my phone and give Minzy a text message.

 

To Minzy:

What should a wife do when her husband is sulking?

 

I hit send. Please reply as soon as possible Minzy.

There’s a beep after. Good Minzy. Good.

 

From Minzy:

$educe him. :D

 

“What?!” I covered my mouth. I glance at Jiyong who tilts his eyebrow at me. Seriously Minzy?

 

To Minzy:

I’m serious.

 

I glanced at Jiyong-oppa and he’s narrowing his eyes at me.

 

From Minzy:

What do I know? You’re the married one unnie. Why ask me?

 

Aish. Seriously Minzy. I need your smart ideas this time not your smart mouth.

What should I do now?

“Oppa… Honey?... Babe?... Sweetiepie?... Darling?... Honeybunch?... Spongebob?”

Are there any other endearments? And did i just say Spongebob? Is that even an endearment? Heol.

“Uh… Baby? Hubby?” Come on Jiyong stop acting like a kid. A kid? Right! Okay, I hope this works.

“Jingyo…” I said oh-so-sweetly and then he looked at me. It worked!

“Please don’t be mad at me. I was just kidding. I’m sorry I was making fun. Forgive me. Please?”

He put down the papers he was reading and then stares at me.

“Liar.” He said. Okay he’s talking now. Good.

“I won’t lie again.” I said shaking my head.

“You won’t make fun of me again?”

“No. I won’t.”

“How come you know TOP?” He asked. Oh, how childish.

“He’s so popular. Everybody knows him.”

“Really?” He asked.

“Yeah. That handsome face of him is known by everyone. He’s so hot. He’s an alive mannequin.” I said imagining TOP’s face. Oh, that $exy beast.

“You like him?”

“Who doesn’t?” I said rolling my eyes. Seriously? Who doesn’t admire a handsome young man like- oh my god. I take it back.

“I mean yeah he’s handsome. My classmates are spazzing over him. Minzy has photos of him on her phone. What I mean is he’s popular. I always see him on television that’s why I know him.”

He just stares at me. Come on don’t tell me we’ll have a sulking dragon part two.

“He’s just handsome. Period.” I said.

“Go home.”

What?! Heol.

“Oppa…”

“I said go home. Now.”

“But why? You’re mad at me again?”

“Just do as I say.”

“No.”

“Go.”

“I’m not going home.”

“Chaerin.” He exclaimed.

“Why are you acting like that?”

“Like what?”

“Like a jealous spoiled brat.” I exclaimed.

“You make me act like one!”

Oh. My. God. He what? So he’s jealous? He’s jealous! I giggled. Seoul city’s richest bachelor is jealous. Wow. This is more than being hired in a job.

“You’re jealous? Oh my god. Over a man who works for you? Who in anytime will be jobless if you wish?” I laughed.

“Are you laughing at me?”

“Yes. Oh my god.” Seriously? I can’t stop laughing. He glowered at me and so I stopped.

“Look, I’m sorry okay? Fine I’ll go home now, only if you say that you’re not mad at me anymore.”

“Just go.”

“Okay I’m going now.” I said and turned my heels. “But wait, am I hired?”

“No.”

“What?!”

“Fine, I’ll think about it.”

I furrowed my brows at him.

“Will you just go?” He said. Fine, I’m going now. Tss. He really wants me out.

“Bye, sir.” I said winking at him.

 

 

********

 

 

It’s 8 in the evening and Jiyong is not yet home. I told Dony to text me if Jiyong arrives but there’s still no text from him. Mom and Dad are out of town for some business so it’s just me here with the staffs. I wonder where Jiyong is. Could it be that he’s not staying here tonight? But he’s been staying here since my graduation.

I lied on my bed and stare at the ceiling. I remember the scene in his office this morning. I can’t believe he could be that childish. Like seriously?

I stare at my phone and then there’s a text message from Dony. He’s home. I got up and decided to go out to greet him but then I lied back. What should I say to him? Hello, good evening? How’s your day? Have you had your dinner? Clearly that’s what a wife’s supposed to do right? Yeah, now that I mentioned it. I should be acting like a real wife from now on. I have to. That’s right. Starting tomorrow I have to do what a wife do to her husband. But what should I do? I stare at my phone and decided to call someone.

[Unnie.]

“Minzy.”

[I’m about to sleep unnie. What is it?]

“How can I be good wife?”

[What?]

“I have to be a good wife from now on. I have to start doing it tomorrow but I don’t know what are the things that a wife usually do.”

[And you’re asking me?]

“Ahuh.”

[Why me?]

“Because you’re the girl? I can’t ask Youngbae-oppa, you know.”

[Unnie. For the record, you’re the married one not me, how would I know?]

She’s right. I’m the married one here. But I know nothing.

“Maybe you can suggest anything?”

[You want to start tomorrow? Why not do it now?]

“I’m about to sleep.”

[Seriously. You know what... fine, never mind.]

“What?”

[Well, why not cook breakfast for him?]

“Cook? I don’t know how to cook.”

[Of course you don’t. You have your staff cook the food for you.”

“Minzy!”

[What? Isn’t it true? Who launders your clothes?]

“Uh… Mrs. Jung and-“

[Who cleans your room?]

“The staffs-“

[What else do you do in your house aside from eat, sleep and stay all day in your room?]

“Uh…”

[Can you make an omelet? Toast bread? Cook rice?]

“Uh…”

[Unnie, you know nothing. How can you be a good wife if you can’t even make your own sandwich?]

“Why? You know how to cook?” I said raising my eyebrow like she’s just in front of me. Seriously? She’s being rude.

[Of course. You name it and I’ll make it.]

“Really?”

[Yes. Seriously unnie? I don’t know if I should envy you or feel sorry for you.]

“Then what should I do?”

[You start from cleaning your own bed tomorrow.]

“I have to?”

[Yes. You have to.]

“Okay. And then what’s next?”

[Learn how to cook. That’s a must that every girl should know.]

“Really?”

[Yes.]

“Okay.”

[Good. Now I’m hanging up. I’m really sleepy.]

“Bye Minzy. Good night.”

[Good night unnie.]

 

I should learn how to cook. I have to ask Mrs. Jung to teach me how to cook tomorrow. Yeah, that’s right.

There’s a knock on the door and then someone came in. Speaking of.

He made his way to my bed and lied down on his front draping his left arm on my belly.

“Oppa?”

“Hmm?”

“What are you doing here?”

“I’m tired. I want to sleep.”

“On my bed?” I asked and he didn’t answer. He’s on his jeans and leather jacket. He’s usually on his suit, what’s with the outfit? He looks like a gangster from the wrong side of the town. And what is that smell?

“Oppa, have you been drinking? And… you’re smoking?” He smells of alcohol and cigarette.

He got up and took off his jacket. He also took off his shoes and then his shirt. Oh my god, he’s tople$s! He lied down again doing the same position a while ago putting his arm around my tummy.

I stare at his n@ked upper body. He has tattoos. Since when did he had these tattoos?

I feel the room suddenly get hot. The air conditioner is on! Oh my god. I stare at his gorgeous body again and fight all the urges to run my hands to it. Oppa, are you doing this on purpose? Because I think you just succeeded. D@mn these hormones.

“Jiyong.”

“Hmm.”

“You’re… going to sleep here?”

“Hmm.”

“You smell alcohol.”

He got up and took his clothes and his shoes and made his way out of my room. I sighed. That was… hot. I fanned myself with my hands. What happened to the air conditioner? Was it malfunctioning?

I took a pillow and put it on my face. What was that about a while ago?

I hear the door open and then I saw him enter the room. Gosh, what's wrong with him? He’s just wearing his pajamas. No shirt! He lied on my bed doing the same position a while ago.

“Oppa.”

“What? I showered and brushed my teeth. Now, let’s sleep.” He said and closed his eyes.

He smells good. He looks so good. Oh my god. Let’s sleep? How can I sleep like this?

“Jiyong.”

“What?” He asked sounding irritated. He doesn’t open his eyes.

“Chearin, I’m tired. I really wanted to sleep now.”

“But-“

He opened his eyes and stare at me.

“What am I? Your?” He asked.

“Husband.”

“And you’re my?”

“Wife.”

“And we are?”

“Married.”

“Right. Let’s go to sleep now.” He said and closed his eyes.

We’re going to sleep… on the same bed… together… because we’re married. Of course we are. It’s legal. It’s normal. But… this is so…

“Fine.” He said and got up.

“Where are you going?” I asked because he looks like he’s about to leave.

“In my room. Clearly you can’t sleep if I’m here. Good night.” He said and made his way out.

 

I sighed. Chaerin, if you want to start being a good wife, you should start from getting used to the fact that your husband is one hell of a Greek god.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

D note:

Did some of you ask for a jealous Jiyong once in a while? ^____^

 

 

D x