Blackjacks Bar and Grill

Wedding Dress

Chapter 5 – BLACKJACKS BAR AND GRILL

 

Chaerin’s POV

 

“Are you sure about this?”

“Yes, unnie. These foods are so good.”

It’s our vacant time and Minzy dragged me here at the street near SNU. There are street vendors here who sell street foods.

“Don’t tell me you’ve never eaten these.” Minzy said and motioned at the foods. I don’t know what foods are these. I just looked at him and half-smiled. “Seriously, unnie?”

“Well…”

“Heol. I’m glad I brought you here. You’re going to miss half of your life if you wouldn’t have a taste of these.”

“Are these safe?” I whispered to her.

“Ofcourse.” She said. Well, they sell it along the street, so… “Here, try this.”

“What’s this?” I asked.

“That’s spicy rice cake.”

“Really? It doesn’t look like spicy rice cake to me.” I laughed. “I don’t like spicy foods.” I said and gave her the small plastic bowl she handed me.

“Then try this one.”

“This is?”

“French Fry Corn Dogs.”

“Oh, okay.” I said and took a bite. Infairness, it’s good.

“Try this one also.” Minzy said and handed me a shaped like goldfish on a stick.

“Wow, how cute.” I said and took a bite. It’s pastry.

“How is it?” Minzy asked. Because I’m chewing the food I just gave her a thumbs up. It tastes good.

“Can I have that?” I asked and pointed at the pancake. I like sweets.

“Okay, one Heotteok for unnie.” Minzy beamed.

These foods are so good. Minzy’s right, I would miss half of my life if I haven’t tasted these. I took one last bite of the cute goldfish pastry followed by the fries and throw the sticks in the trash bin when my phone rings. I opened my bag and took my phone out. My eyes widen when I saw the name of the caller.

“Who’s that?” Minzy asked. I showed her my phone and her eyes widen too. “Go unnie, answer it.”

I slide the screen and put the phone on my ear.

“Hello?” I greeted. Why am I nervous? Aigoo.

[What the ?] he asked with his cold tone and shivers run down my spine. I looked at Minzy and she mouthed ‘what?’.

“Hello?” I asked again.

[Get on the car.] He commanded. Huh? I looked at the street and turned around and there I saw him. The window of the Lamborghini was open and there he is holding his phone on his ear, glaring at me. [Now.] He continued and hangs up.

“Good luck unnie. Fighting.” Minzy said who also looks nervous. I think Minzy also felt what I felt.

I crossed the street and made my way on his car. I opened it and hopped in. He didn’t say anything and started the engine. What’s this? Is he mad? Why is he mad? What did I do? Should I ask him? But he looks scary.

 

The drive was filled with an eerie silence. He didn’t say anything and I don’t have the guts to say a word. I’m scared. We stopped outside a restaurant. He parked the car and got off. I thought he’s going to open the door for me but he didn’t. Should I get off too? But he didn’t tell me to follow him. Maybe I should follow him? I opened the door and got off. I made my pace faster to reach him. I followed him as he enters the restaurant.

Blackjacks Bar and Grill. That’s the name of the restaurant. He looked for a vacant table and took his seat.

“Sit down.” He said and I sit down. It’s a table for two so I’m sitting on the chair opposite him. Are we going to eat? Because this will be the first time that we will be eating together. Just the two of us. Is this a date? A man in his red and black uniform approached us and gave each of us the menu.

“Good afternoon sir, ma’am. May I take your order?” the waiter said. I didn’t bother to look for what food to order. I’m sure he’ll be the one to decide what will I eat.

“Sirloin steak with mashed potatoes and Barley Iced Tea, for two.” He said and handed the waiter the menu. The waiter also took the one he handed me on the table. See? He’s the one who decides.

“Sirloin steak with mashed potatoes and Barley Iced Tea for two. Coming right up.” Said the waiter and made his way.

I looked at him but he’s just staring at the table. And if looks could kill, I swear this table is already shattered into pieces by his glare. What did the table and I do to him? Heol. Should I ask him what are we doing here? He ordered food for two, ofcourse we’re going to eat. But why? Why now? He looked at me and I looked down immediately. I looked like a child here who’s being treated by his dad coldly because I’ve done a mistake. But then again, I always receive cold treatment from him. It’s just that he’s not my dad. He’s my husband. And I don’t know if I did something wrong or what.

“Is your allowance not enough?” he asked with that cold tone of him and I looked at him immediately. Not enough? My allowance is more than enough. What should I tell him? That he’s being too generous with the monthly allowance he’s giving me? Because he is. But why is he asking?

“I can double it if you want to.” He continued. Answer him Chaerin or he’ll get even mad.

“Actually, my allowance is more than enough for me. There’s no need for you to double it. It’s more than enough.”

“That’s why you were there at the street a while ago?” he asked and stared at me impassively cocking his eyebrow.

“Huh?”

“Is that where you spend the money you say more than enough for you?” he asked. I just stare at him. So that’s the reason why he’s mad? Because he saw me eating those foods at the street?

“I-“

“Is that what you eat every day? Those?” he asked cocking his head.

“No. Actually it’s-“

“You say it’s more than enough? Then why are you eating those things if you can afford to buy a good meal in a fine dining?” he asked with his voice raised. What should I tell him? It’s Minzy who dragged me there and it’s just for the first time. I’ve never eaten street foods before, it was just earlier.

The waiter arrived bringing our food.

“Here’s your order ma’am, sir.” The waiter said and put our order on the table. Jiyong even glared at him. First me and the table, and now the waiter. Is he really that mad? The waiter left and he glared at me.

“If I see you eating those things again I’ll cut your allowance.” He said with his warning tone. His warning tone and his cold tone are both the same, scary. “Do you understand?” he continued and I nod.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized. I will never eat street foods again. Today will be the first and the last. Keep that in mind Lee Chaerin, okay?

“Finish that food. I don’t want to see any left-over.” He commanded and started eating. I looked at the food in front of me. Steak, I like steak, but mashed potatoes? I don’t eat mashed potatoes. How can I finish everything and not leave any left-over? I swear I’m going to cry. Jiyong… I don’t eat mashed potatoes. Heol. I think my tears are going to fall anytime soon.

“I don’t tire myself at work just for you to eat street foods.” He murmured while cutting his steak. Say what?

“You can leave the mashed potatoes.” He said and took a bite of his steak. Weew! Thank God.

“Thanks.” I murmured. I can’t keep but smile. He doesn’t want me to eat street foods and he knows I don’t eat mashed potatoes. He knows something about me! Yes! And… he cares about me, doesn’t he?

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

D x