Happy

Wedding Dress

Chapter 13 – HAPPY

 

It’s evening. It’s been a long and tiring day for him and all he wants is to have a dinner and then take a rest. It was a 15 minute drive from Kwon Empire to their house. He parked his Lamborghini and got off. He noticed that the red Porsche was not there.

She’s not yet home? He thought to himself.

And then he noticed a familiar car parked at the outside of their mansion.

“What the ?”

He hastily walk inside the house and was greeted by Mrs. Jung, the head staff.

“Good evening, sir Jiyong.”

“Where is she?” He hissed.

The woman was quite taken aback by his reaction. He’s angry.

“She’s at the grand room, sir, with Mr. and Mrs. Kwon.”

“What?!”

He hastily walk pass her and to the grand room. The attention darted on him when he entered the room. He scanned the place and found her sitting on the couch opposite his parents.

“What are you doing here?” He said almost shouting. He’s furious. What the is she doing here? He thought.

“Jiyong-ssi.” She smiled. Shocked evident on her face.

“Jiyong.” His attention went to his Mom who gave him a look.

“Excuse us for a while.” His mom said as she stood up and grabs her son’s arm and drags him out of the room.

“What is that?” She said as she pushed his arm out of her hold and glared at his son.

“Mom, let me explain.” He said as he run his hands on his hair.

“You better have a good one for this. Just what is that? Who is that woman?”

“She’s my… she’s my ex-girlfriend.” He said as he looked apologetically at his Mom.

“What?!” She exclaimed.

“I know Mom. I’m sorry. I’ll fix this.”

“You have to! Seriously Jiyong. Chaerin will be here anytime soon.”

He run both of his hands on his hair and palmed his face.

“We’ll talk.” His Mom said pointing at him and leaving him as she made her way back to the grand room.

He followed his Mom after.

“Ms. Park, it’s late now. I think you still have a long drive, yeah?” Mrs. Kwon said as she sits next to her husband and holds her husband’s hand squeezing it. Her husband is also mad.

Jiyong never take his eyes off her as he enters the room glaring at her.

Just what the are you doing here? He thought as he shot her the look.

She knows he’s mad. But she just wanted to see him. Clear things between them. She just wants him back.

She avoided his gaze and looked back at the persons in front of her.

“Yes, ma’am. I think I should be-“

She was cut-off when she noticed someone enter the room. Their eyes locked and for some unknown reason she found herself nervous.

Who is she?

Jiyong’s eyes darted at the person who entered the room. His eyes widen when he saw her.

Sh*t. What the .

 

He looked at her as she made her way out of the room. That look on her face… it makes him worried.

“I’ll send you out.” He said as he looks sternly at his visitor.

She stood up and bid herself goodbye to his parents and made her way out.

He followed her from behind and finally they’re out of the house.

“What made you think you can come here?” He asked through gritted teeth.

“Jiyong-ssi.”

“Of all places? Here?” He asked as he glowered at her.

“Jiyong-ssi.”

“I thought I made it clear to you. Or do you want me to repeat myself?” He asked giving her the cold tone.

“Jiyong-ssi.”

“We’re done, okay? So don’t bother me anymore. And don’t you dare come back here again. Do you understand?”

She lowered her head as she nod at him.

“Excuse me?” He said.

“Yes, I understand.”

“Now leave.”

She looked at him but he just gave her a cold stare. He’s so different from the person he was before. The person who used to say sweet words to her. The person who treated her as someone special. Now, the person standing before her is nothing but a cold one who regards her coolly.

“That woman… who is she?” She bravely asked as she stares at him and his looks suddenly changed. From the cold face to… apologetic? Worried? She couldn’t tell.

He regards her intently and looked her in the eyes.

“She’s my wife.”

 

 

********

 

 

Chaerin’s POV

 

I woke up at the sound of my phone ringing. I looked around and noticed that I’m in my room, on my bed, still wearing the same outfit I wore yesterday, my shoes are still on.

What happened? Oh, my husband’s woman came here last night, and then I cried all night, and then Jiyong came in and…

This will be the last time. I promise.

Hush now, baby. I’m here.

He was here last night. He came in and lied on my bed and hugged me and said those words. And then I just fell asleep. Or maybe I’m just dreaming it?

I got up and looked for my phone which was in my bag. I look at who’s the caller is and pick it up.

“Yes?”

[Unniiieeee.] Minzy greeted screaming her lungs out. I took the phone away from my ear and put it back.

“What’s the problem? Why are you screaming?”

[Oh my gosh! We are so celebrating today.] She said enthusiastically.

“Why? What happened?”

[What? You don’t know yet? Where are you?]

“I’m still on my bed. I just woke up. Why? What’s with the screaming?”

[You passed! Congratulations!]

“What?”

[You passed the board exam! Oh my gosh. I know you can make it. I’m so proud of you.]

I what?!

I fired up my iPad and hit the search engine for the results of the board exam.

Lee Bona… Lee Bora… Lee Chaerin…

LEE CHAERIN. My name is on the list. I passed. I passed the exam. Lee Chaerin.

“Lee Chaerin!” I exclaimed. Oh my gosh. I passed!

[You did it unnie.]

“I did it. I passed the exam Minzy. Waaahhhh.”

[Okay wash up now, get dressed, grab your breakfast, grab your keys and let’s meet. Let’s celebrate.]

“Will do. Bye.” I said and hangs up.

Not long after my phone rings again. It’s Youngbae-oppa.

“Oppa.”

[Chaerin. You made it.] He exclaimed over the phone.

“I did. I made it.”

[I know you will. Congratulations.]

“Thanks oppa.”

[We have to celebrate. Let’s meet.]

“Okay okay. Bye for now.” I said and hang up.

Oh my gosh I’m so happy. All my efforts, the stress, the sufferings, it’s all worth it. I made it. I totally made it. Wow.

I jumped in the shower and took a bath. I dried myself after and pull off a black YSL skinny pants and a white Chanel pull over. I put on my gold Cartier watch and bangle. I did magic to my face and my hair. I took my Chanel sling bag and put my phone and my wallet in it. I put on my pair of black Louboutin, all credits to my husband I got all of these for free, and I’m ready to go.

I hopped as I made my way downstairs and to the dining. And I found him sitting on the chair at the edge of the table sipping his coffee while scrolling his phone.

His eyes look up to me and we stare at each other. The memories of last night came back to me.

“You’re up.” He said and puts his cup down.

“Good morning.”

“Sit down.” He said motioning at the chair beside him. I made my way and sit down.

I don’t know what to say to him. Should I ask him about last night? Clear things? But, I don’t know how and where to start.

“Congratulations.” He said as he put down his phone and I can’t help but smile.

“Thank you.”

“Going out?” He asked as he motioned at my look.

“Yeah, to celebrate.” I said.

“With your bestfriend Minzy?” He asked.

“Yes, and Youngbae-oppa.”

“Oppa?” He asked cocking his eyebrow at me.

“Yes.” I nod.

“I thought Minzy was your only friend.” He asked as he leaned against his chair and crossed his arms.

“Yeah but I also have Youngbae-oppa. That makes the two of them my bestfriends.” I said. He stares at me with his brows furrowed.

“A guy bestfriend?” He asked and tilted his head to the side.

“Yeah.” I nod. Where is he going with this?

“Okay. Finish your food.” He said and I did as I was told. I took a spoonful of my food. It’s yummy. “So we can go.”

“What?” I asked looking up at him. Did he just say we?

“Yeah, I’ll drive you.”

“But- I have my car.”

“Then we’ll use your car.”

Oh. “Okay.”

 

 

********

 

 

He opened the passenger seat for me and made his way to the driver’s seat. He put on his seatbelt and so did I. It’s my car and yet he will be the one to drive it. Heol. He started the car and off we go.

“So where’s your meeting place?”He asked.

“At the coffee shop. The one near SNU.”

“You tell them to meet you at my office.” He said glancing at me.

“You mean Kwon Empire?” I asked. Why?

“Yeah.”

I just stare at him. But why there? I already texted Minzy and Youngbae-oppa that we’ll meet at the coffee shop and they’re already on their way there.

“If I drop you there at your meeting place how am I suppose to go to my office? I don’t want to ride a cab.” He said answering my unspoken question. “And this is your car.” He continued.

“Okay.” I said and took my phone to text those two.

 

 

********

 

 

We arrived at his company building. It’s a 21-storey building with KWON EMPIRE written in gold steel over the front doors. It’s all glass and steel. So this is where this person makes his money huh?

“Let’s go.” He said as he climbed out of the car. I unbuckled myself and followed him.

I look up at his building. It’s huge. Maybe because he noticed that I was walking after him, he looked at me and grabs my hand so that we’re walking hand-in-hand as we enter his empire.

We went inside and walk to the lobby and into the elevator. The surprised look on every person’s face didn’t go unnoticed.

He pressed 21 and we bolted up. So his office is at the top floor. Just as I’d expect.

The elevator halted and slide open and we went out. Still holding hands.

We walk to the lobby and a woman in her black suit greeted us. Gosh, she’s so pretty.

“Good morning, Mr. Kwon.” She said as she greeted him and looked at me confused.

“Good morning. That’s Hyorin, my secretary.” He said looking at me and at her. “This is Lee Chaerin, my wife.”

Wife! His wife. I think my face heat up as I blush. He introduced me as his wife. This is a first. I can’t help but smile.

“Good morning, Mrs. Kwon.” She greeted.

Mrs. Kwon!

“Good morning.” I greeted.

“Let’s go.” He said as he made his way to I assume his office. I nod at Ms. Hyorin and followed.

 

His office is… wow. It’s huge. It’s very neat and clean. It’s all glass walls. There’s a round table with six chairs to the side and at the other side are black leather couches. To the side is his desk with a white leather chair facing it and two others at the side. Colors black, white and gold dominate the room. It’s so him. Clean, neat… manly.

“Have a seat.” He said leading me to the black couch and he sits on the opposite side as I sit.

“Nice office.” I said as I looked around.

“Thanks. Do you friends know their way here?”

“Yeah, I texted them the location.”

“Good.”

Not long after when the door of his office opened and Ms. Hyorin entered.

“Mr. Kwon, there’s Mr. Dong Youngbae and Ms. Gong Minji outside.”

“Send them in.” He said and Ms. Hyorin nods.

Minzy steps in first and looked around and found me followed by Yongbae-oppa.

“Uh… unnie?” She said looking nervously at Jiyong and at me. Youngbae-oppa just looked at Jiyong-oppa and at me confused.

“Hey.” I said and stood up.

“You’re Minzy.” Jiyong-oppa said. “I’m Kwon Jiyong.” He said and extended his hand and they shook hands.

“And you must be Youngbae.” He said as he turned to Youngbae-oppa. Youngbae-oppa just nod at him.

“Kwon Jiyong.” He said and they shook hands.

“Dong Youngbae. Nice to meet you.” Youngbae-oppa said.

“My wife told me you guys will hang out today. Have fun.” He said as he put his arm around me. My eyes widen as Minzy look at me with mouth open and Youngbae-oppa with a shocked face.

“I’m off at 6:30. You can collect me by then.” He said as he looks down at me. Our faces just inches away since he’s holding me at arm’s length.

“O- Okay.”

“Alright, you can go.” He said and gave me a peck on the lips. “Have fun.”

And again, my eyes widen in surprise. He kissed me, in front of these two, like it’s just a normal thing a human person do.

“Bye.” That’s all I managed to say. I grabbed Minzy’s arm and walks out of his office. I gave Ms. Hyorin a nod and walk in the elevator followed by Youngbae-oppa. We bolted down and halted. The elevator door slide open and we made our way out and out of the building.

I exhaled sharply as we made our way out. What was that all about? I sighed.

I made my way in the driver’s seat and the two of them at the back seat. I was just holding at the steering wheel for like a minute as I get my composure and looked at them at the mirror. Minzy was like awe-struck and Youngbae-oppa is… I don’t know.

“Okay.” Minzy sighed heavily.

“Chaerin… you’re married?”

I looked back at Youngbae-oppa and gave him an apologetic look.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.”

“You know about it?” He asked Minzy and she just smiled at him awkwardly.

“Since when? I don’t remember receiving invites, or did I miss it?”

“Long before we met.”

“And you didn’t tell me.”

“I never told anyone about it.”

“Then how come Minzy knows?”

“Well… that…”

“Wow.”

“I’m sorry oppa. I didn’t mean to keep it from you. It’s just… complicated.”

“I know him. He’s rich. That explains it.”

“Sorry, oppa.”

 

 

********

 

 

The whole time with Minzy and Youngbae-oppa was fun. Though oppa was quite different. He was acting strangely, like never before. Maybe because he felt betrayed because I didn’t tell him about my marriage and yet Minzy knows. Aigoo. I just hope he won’t change his attitude towards me because of that. He’s really a good friend.

I arrived outside Kwon Empire at exactly 6:30. I took my phone and dialed his number.

“Hello.”

[Hey, where are you?]

“I’m outside your building.”

[Okay, I’ll be there in a minute.]

He hangs up and I waited for him. Not long after when I saw him made his way out and into my car.

“Hi.” I said as he enters the car.

“Hi.” He said as he buckles up.

“So, where to?” I ask.

“At the house.” He said like it’s so obvious.

Heol. I was expecting for a dinner date.

I started the engine and off we go.

 

 

********

 

 

We arrived at the house. We got off the car and went inside.

“Chaerin, honey.” Mom greeted when she saw us as she made her way downstairs.

“Mom.”

“Congratulations honey.”

“Thank you Mom.” I said as we hug.

“Jiyong.” Mom greeted.

“Mom.” He said as he kisses her on the cheek.

“Okay, let’s go grab our dinner.”

 

We made our way in the dining table and settled ourselves.

“Wow, we have a lot of food here.”

“Congratulations Chae. See, I told you’ll make it.”

“Thanks Dad.”

“Did Jiyong take you out on a date today?” Mom said as she her eyebrow at Jiyong-oppa.

“She went out with her friends.” Jiyong-oppa said.

“No date then.” Mom said. Yes Mom. No dinner date. Heol. Oppa didn’t say anything and focused on his food.

“So what are your plans Chae?” Dad asked.

“I don’t have plans yet. Maybe I’ll apply in an auditing firm.”

“You don’t want to work at Kwon E?” Mom asked. I glanced at Jiyong-oppa and back at Mom.

“Well… I never thought about it yet.”

“There’s no job vacancy for you anyway.” Jiyong-oppa said. What? Heol. Why does he sound so bully? What happened to the sweet husband earlier this morning?

“What?” He asked as he looks at Mom who glowered at him. “I already have a good accounting team. There’s no room for another accountant.” He said so coolly. Seriously? Why can’t he just say that he doesn’t want me in his company? Tss. No date and then this? Screw it. I hate him.

“I’m full. Thanks for the food.” I said and went upstairs and inside my room.

Seriously? What’s wrong with him? He suddenly acts so sweet and then the next thing I knew he’s being arrogant and insensitive. My god!

I lied on my bed and then there’s knock on the door. Let me guess.

“Chaerin.”

“What?” I said getting up glowering at him.

“What’s with the look?”

“The look?”

“Are you mad at me?” He asked so oblivious of what’s going on.

“No sh*t, Sherlock.”

“Woah, what did I do to you?”

“That’s it, you didn’t do anything.” I said rolling my eyes at him.

“What?”

“Why don’t you just say that you don’t want me in your company? Don’t worry I don’t have plans on working for you.”

“Who said I don’t want you to work there? I just said there’s no job vacancy for you.”

“That’s it. You just said it.”

“I didn’t say I don’t want you there.” He said as if talking to a four year old kid. I just glared at him.

“Fine, you submit your resume tomorrow morning.” He said raising his hands as if surrendering.

“For a position of?” I asked. Of course I have to put it on my resume.

“Just put anything. I’ll try to find a better position for you. I told you there’s no job vacancy. And I don’t want to kick out a good accountant just for you to fill in.” He said and sat on the couch.

“So you’d rather have a random accountant in your company than to have me?” I said crossing my arms at him and cocking my eyebrow. Seriously? How could he?

“It’s not that.” He said running his hands on his hair. Am I frustrating him? “Look. Just submit your resume tomorrow, okay?” He said and stood up.

“No thanks.”

“What?”

“I’d rather be unemployed than work with you, under your autocratic command.”

“So you find me autocratic?” He said as he steps towards me.

“And arrogant.” I said.

“And arrogant?” He asked as he continues his steps.

“And insensitive.”

“Insensitive?” He asked. Now he’s standing before me. He bends and put his hands on both sides trapping me making me move away but he grabbed my thighs stopping me. I end up lying on the bed. He moves grabbing my hands and placing it above my head pinning me down so I’m unable to move. I try to move my legs but I’m trapped. Me beneath and him on top.

“And what else?” He asked as he looks at me our faces are just inches apart.

I remember the scene this morning at his office. He kissed me in front of Minzy and Youngbae-oppa which is so embarrassing. How could he do that like he doesn’t care who are watching?

“And… p*rvert.” I said and he looked at me amused. He smiled. A smile I’ve never seen before. A wolfish grin. He looks like a predator grinning at his prey.

“P*rvert huh?” He said smirking. “You want me to show you how p*rvert I am, wife?” He asked moving his face closer to me. Our faces are just an inch apart. I can smell his mouth wash, mint. One move and I’ll be kissed again. Oh god, how could he make those words sound so hot?

“Ji- Jiyong… oppa.”

“My wife finds me p*rvert. What should we do about that?”

Oh my god. Why do I find this so… I don’t know. I feel my body tense up. I’m lying on my bed and he’s on top of me.

“What did I do that made you think of me like that?” He asked. He looked at me in the eyes and his eyes moved down my lips. And then he smirked looking back at me and our eyes locked.

“Was it because I kissed you in front of your friends? Is that it?” He sounds so $exy. He looks so $exy. And those lips… are so $exy.

“Will you still find me p*rvert if I kiss you here? Now that nobody’s watching?”

No. Kiss me now!

I stare at him and a smile formed on his face. A boyish and happy grin.

“No.” He said moving his head back. “Since you find me p*rvert… I won’t” He said shaking his head.

No date. No kiss. Aww.

He chuckled and got up leaving me hanging. Seriously? Then I take it back. You’re not a p*rvert. Kiss me now!

I remained lying on the bed staring at the ceiling and him standing before the bed. I didn’t bother to look at him. He’s such a tease.

“Okay, fine. I don’t want my wife to look deprived.” He said and bends down placing both of his hands beside my head for support and smacked my lips by his.

“Happy now?” He asked smiling as he stares down at me.

I smiled and nodded. I can't hide my giggle.Yes. Happy.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

D note:

I hope I gave justice to this. Putting asterisk and a dollar sign is tiring. Seriously. I have to edit it because AFF won't display the words. -_- Anyway, that's it for now. Love you guys! ^____^

 

 

D x