Chapter 19

My Best Friend's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[It feels like a dream come true]

It was 10.30 PM. Chorong drove Eunji to her home first, since her home was the nearest among musical theatre’s studio. When Eunji entered her house, she found it was still empty, since her parents and Minki was still staying in Busan and they would come back tomorrow.

When she walked toward her room, she could feel something wrong in her body – although she already felt it since earlier. She felt her feet were limping and her head spinning around. She immediately grabbed the door’s knob and leaned her body on the wall. Her face suddenly got wet by the sweats.

“Ottokeyo?” she whimpered while rub her temples, tried to eased the pain inside her head. “I’m alone now, and no one can help to go to the hospital…”

Slowly she opened her room, and walked toward her bed. When she finally reached it, she was resting herself and shut her eyes. She tried to sleep and hope that her condition would be better soon.

But a few minutes later, her phone suddenly ringing, and with her heavy head, she took her cell phone from her bag. That was when she found Hongbin’s name on the screen.

He told her that he got an exclusive contract from the musical director and he seemed so happy. Eunji admitted that his acting skill was so good, so he deserved it. Fortunately, he sensed that there was something different from Eunji’s voice. He noticed that the girl was sick, and he immediately offered himself to come to her house to treat her.

Like the answer of her pray, she suddenly smiled as she felt that she still had him – a person who will always come to her whenever she needs help.

“Thanks God for sending me a kindhearted man like him,” she muttered, before she shut her eyes again and tried to sleep while waiting for Hongbin to come.

 

Less than 5 minutes later, a message arrived on her cell phone and it was from Hongbin. He told her that he would come late since he should drove Hayoung to her home first. After read the message, Eunji felt that her head was spinning harder than before. She knew that Hayoung’s home was pretty far from hers, and it would take an hour for Hongbin to reach her house and then go back to Eunji’s house. Eunji worried that she would faint soon if she didn’t go to the hospital now if she decided to wait for him to come.

“I think it’s better for me to go to Jaehwan oppa’s home, and asked him to take me to the hospital,”

So, with the energy that she still had, slowly, she got up from her bed, took her hoodie and walked toward outside the house.

“I hope Jaehwan oppa already come back home,” she muttered as she opened the main door of her house.

And that was when she found a familiar person that was already leaning in front of her gate. She gasped as she was capturing his presence. He got his hair cut, his bangs didn’t cover all of his forehead anymore. For her, the person who had hurt her during this days, but she admitted that somehow, she still missed him so bad – always managed his handsomeness in any possible way and it always successfully knocked her out.

He suddenly opened his eyes, and pulled himself from leaning on the gate earlier. And that was when he found his former girlfriend, with her jaws opened. Her hair were growing longer than what he remembered. She looked somehow different, she looked more mature. But those eyes, she couldn’t hide the cute gaze that he longed for.

He let out the thin smile on his face and awkwardly nodded to the girl, who was walking toward the gate slowly.

“T-Taekwoon oppa?” she said almost whispering when she already stood near the gate. “What are you doing here?”

“Eunji-ya, are you okay? Your face looks so pale?” Taekwoon asked when Eunji already opened the gate for him, and let him to see her face clearly.

“I…I…”

Eunji startled as she found that Taekwoon suddenly put his palm on her forehead. “Omo, your temperature is so hot. You catch a fever,” he frowned. “I should bring you to the hospital now. Come on,” without waiting for her answer, Taekwoon immediately grabbed Eunji’s wrist and dragged her to his car.

***

 

“You should take a rest now. Doctor said that you were being exhausted and had a lack sleeping times,” Taekwoon said as he helped her to walk toward her room, when they already came back from the hospital together.

“Thank you… oppa,” she said, looked down to avoid his gaze. She slowly climbed up to her bed with his help.

“I’ll take a cold towel for you,” Taekwoon walked toward outside of her room.

Eunji sat with a blank expression. She stunned as she still didn’t believe what had just happened now. “Why Jung Taekwoon could suddenly come here? Did the pain that I've felt was too bear till made this delusion feels so real? Or, was it another answer to my pray?” she mumbled by herself.

She snapped out from her reverie as she remembered that Hongbin had promised her to come to her house soon. She immediately grabbed her cell phone and sending him a message. She asked him for not coming to her house, because she already had someone special that could treat her better – she thought.

She sent the message already, and Taekwoon came inside her room again, with a bowl of cold water and a clean towel. “What are you doing? Why were you sleeping yet? I will put this cold towel on your forehead, so you better lie down, Ji.”

Eunji immediately put her cell phone to the desk near her bed, and obeyed his order. She lied down awkwardly and without hesitation, Taekwoon carefully put the cold towel on her forehead. Eunji admitted that she felt very comfortable now. Taekwoon seemed know so well how to treat her. He really knows how to give the cure of her pains.

“You should take a rest now. I will stay here till you are falling into sleep,” he said softly, and Eunji could not give any responses since she felt that her eyes were getting heavy and she needed to shut it soon. It must be the effects of the medicine that the doctor had given to her earlier.

***

 

Eunji woke up from her sleep on the next morning. With a better condition than yesterday, she slowly got up from her bed. She rubbed her eyes, and she beamed as she feel that she had a very beautiful dream last night.

She could not help herself for not smiling as she remembered that in that dream, Jung Taekwoon came to her, treated her and smiled at her. But she suddenly snapped out as she received a new message on her cell phone. Her heart skipped a beat when she read the message.

[Taekwoon] Good morning, Eunji-ya ^^ have you wake up yet? Don’t forget to eat your medicine. Oh, I bought a chicken porridge for you and I've hanged it with a plastic on your gate a couple minutes ago. Go grab and eat now :-) I’ll come to your house again at 11. Bye~

Eunji blinked for several times before she found out that it wasn’t a part of her dream. It was real. Jung Taekwoon was really coming to her, last night. He took her to the hospital, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter