Chapter 7

My Best Friend's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Aigoo, is it really you?" Wonshik blinked for several times when he saw Eunji's appearance in VIP's room at one of the popular restaurant in Itaewon  that already booked by Sanghyuk for his birthday party.

"Yes, it's me. Is there something wrong in me?" she asked innocently as she putted her palms on her cheeks.

"N-no, there's nothing wrong with you. But..."

"But you looks so fabolous and so pretty today. That's what you want to tell to her, is it right hyung?" Hyuk suddenly showed up in front of the main door, as he patted Wonshik, who was still staring at Eunji in amazement.

"Ah, Hyukkie-ya, saengil chukkaehamnida. This is for you, hope you'll like it," Eunji ed the present that she brought to Hyuk, then she shook his hand.

"Oh, thank you very much Eunji noona. Lets go inside, our friends were already coming," Sanghyuk patted Eunji's shoulder to signaled her to come inside.

They were totally ignoring the clumsy Wonshik.


 

"Kyaaa...!! Eunji-ya, you looks so dazzling tonight!" Bomi yelled in amazement when she catched Eunji's appearance on her gaze.

"Wow eonnie, you wore a cute mini skirt! It's a new one, right?" Hayoung asked as she quickly ran toward the eldest.

"Ssshhh... Don't spoke too loud. I just bought it earlier in the morning," Eunji whispered, and Hayoung giggled and nodded in understanding.

 

"Eyyy, how could your skirt's color and motive was the same as Hongbin's blazer? Please don't say that both of you wore the couple shirt thingy?" suddenly Jaehwan popped out from nowhere, and he already stood up next to Hayoung while stared at Eunji in curiousity.

"R-really?" Eunji's jaws dropped, and she quickly threw her gaze to all around the room, tried to looking for Hongbin's presence.

"Yah, Hongbin-ah. Come here, palli!" Jaehwan quickly pulled and dragged him to approaching Eunji.

 

And, BINGO! At that night, Hongbin was truly wore a mid-long blazer with the same motive and color as Eunji's skirt.

"Omo... It's really looks the same! So, both of you were dating secretly behind our back, didn't you?" Hakyeon suddenly came and made Wonshik, Sanghyuk, Chorong, Bomi, and Namjoo joined the crowd too.

"Eyy...Eyy... Looks like they were secretly buying some couple thingy. Chukkae Eunji-ya, Hongbin-ah! I'm happy for both of you!" Chorong said while hugged Eunji, and made the others teased at both of them.

Eunji and Hongbin could only stared confusely at each other. Meanwhile, Bomi put a bad mood expression, since she had a crush on Hongbin since earlier.


"Yah, stop it. It's just a coincidence, they aren't dating. We should eat right now since the last guest was already coming, right?"

All of the gazes suddenly moved to Jung Taekwoon, who had suddenly spoke out. He was sitting alone and already took some of the foods that had served on the table, since the others were too busy to teasing 'the new rumour couple' Eunji and Hongbin.  

"Yah! Taekwoon hyung! You were cheating! Why did you take the biggest piece of the meat by yourself?! I want it too!" Wonshik yelled at the eldest, as he rushedly ran to the dining table.

"Yeorobeun, today all of you can eat as much as you can until your stomach are full!!!" Sanghyuk shouted as he signaled his guests to go back to the dining table and enjoying the food that already served.


Hakyeon, Jaehwan, Namjoo, Hayoung, Bomi, and Chorong walked back to the table, while Eunji was still busying herself to fixing her skirt.

"Eunji-ssi, kajja," Hongbin patted her arm, while curved a smile and showed off his dimples on his face. And Eunji didn't know why, she suddenly blushed when she saw that adorable smile.

"A-ah, okay," she bowed awkwardly to him, before she walked lead him to joining the other friends.


Everyone were looking so happy at that night. They seemed enjoying the food so much, so did Jung Taekwoon. He was so into the boys, and completely ignored Eunji's appearance since earlier. Unfortunately, they were sitting a little bit far away from each other. So it made sense that they could not spoke nor greeted each other.

 

"Eunji-ya, why did you eat with a small portion? You have to eat a lot, it will makes your body looks more y," Wonshik teased his bestfriend, while took some meats with his chopstick and put it on Eunji's plate.

"Aigoo you're rascal... But anyway, thanks," Eunji could not hide her smile by seeing Wonshik's awareness toward her.

Eunji suddenly stole a glance to Taekwoon's place. That guy was busying himself for some chit-chats with Sanghyuk, Hakyeon, and Jaehwan. He seemed did not noticing Eunji's appearance and made her felt a slight disappointment in her heart.

 

After dinner, they were gathering in the karaoke's room which was locating beside the dining room. The birthday boy, Han Sanghyuk be ther first person to sing at that night. He got many applause from the other friends, since he had a good enough voice. Suddenly, Jaehwan grabbed Eunji's wrist and asked her to singing together with him. At first, Eunji rejected his offer since she was in the bad mood. But because of Jaehwan continously pouts, she finally agreed. They choosed "Some" from Soyou x Junggigo as their song.

Eunji sang with full of her heart, since the lyric of the song was matching with her current feeling toward Taekwoon. When she was singing, she glanced at him oftenly. Fortunately, he was staring at her too. When their gazes suddenly met, a smile suddenly curled on Taekwoon lips. But, Eunji quickly looked away because she was to shy.


"Woahh! Eunji noona and Jaehwan hyung voices were the best!" Sanghyuk said in amazement, while the others gave them a long applause.

"We will releasing a duet album and we'll becoming idols soon," Jaehwan started to selfpraising.

"Before you're becoming an idol, you had to do some plastic surgeries first, oppa!" Bomi scoffed, and made the other friends bursted themselves in laughter.

"Yah! You Yoon Bomi, you're so rude!" Jaehwan yelled at her.

"And you are a noisy ahjumma!" Bomi yelled back

"Aigoo, aigoo, please stop it. Why were you suddenly fighting here? Both of you were indeed looks alike a long-term married couple! Lets singing again, palli!" Hakyeon arbitrated, and quickly took the microphone as he started to singing.


The situation of the karaoke room suddenly calmed down as the music of the song that Hakyeon had choosed earlier, started to play. Eunji suddenly got up from her seat, as she already said to Chorong that she wanted to ordering some mineral water outside. Before she walked out from the karaoke room, she stole a glance to Taekwoon, but that guy didn't noticing, while he was chatting happily with Sanghyuk and Wonshik.

"On this kind of situation, I don't think he will have a initiative to catched me up outside," Eunji mumbled as she turned away and walked out of the room, while hoping that Taekwoon will saw her and catched her up.


***

 

After bought a mineral water, Eunji was not going back to the karaoke room yet. She decided to go the veranda of the restaurant to catched up some fresh air, since the situation inside was way to noisy. It was cold outside, and made Eunji who was wearing a mini skirt, suddenly shivering.

She glanced at her watch and found out that it was already 9.30 PM. Her father will picked her up on 10 PM. She felt a dissapoinment since she remembered about a promise that Taekwoon had made on their LINE's conversation last night. Yes, he promised her that he would gave her a kiss tonight. Eunji suddenly curled a smile on her lips, when she remembered about their random conversation. But, her heart suddenly hurted when she thought that Taekwoon must be just joking around with her.

 

Suddenly, the door of the karaoke's room opened by someone from inside. Eunji who stood up backfacing the room, suddenly could feel her heart was beating crazily as she heard a footstep came approaching her pace.

"Oppa... What took you so long? I..."

She directly turned her body around, so she could see 'his' appearance.

 

***

 

3 Hours ago - Hongbin's POV

 

"Hongbin hyung! Thank you for coming!" Sanghyuk greeted right when I was arrived at his birthday party.

"Saengil chukkae hamnida, Sanghyuk-ah," I said while hugged him.

"Lets coming inside. Taekwoon hyung already came earlier," Sanghyuk said as he pointed his index finger to the biggest room on the restaurant, that he had booked for his birthday party tonight.

 

I could see Taekwoon hyung appearance on the dining table. But he didn't noticing my appearance since he was busying himself with his cellphone.

"Where's the other? Did they coming yet?"

"It's still 6.30, they will be come on 7 PM. You and Taekwoon hyung were too early!"

"I had to come earlier, since I want to be the first person who will finishing the food later," I teased the birthday boy, and he suddenly chuckled.

"Just take your seat inside first with Taekwoon hyung. I will approaching Namjoo on the downstairs to ordering some foods for us," Hyuk patted my hand before he walked away from the room, and leaving me alone with Taekwoon hyung.

 

I threw my gaze surrounding the room. It was looks so luxury and big enough. And I saw a karaoke room beside the dining room.

- Should I ask her to singing together later?

I quickly shook my head, since I realized that I'm not good in singing.


 

"I beg you, I cannot dating you anymore! I hope you understand, Naeun-ah!"

I turned my gaze to Taekwoon hyung right when I heard the familiar name out from his lips. I feel curioused, and made me took a seat near him to eavesdropping their conversation.

 

"I'm sorry... I thought 6 years were more than enough for us. You deserves someone better than me,"

After the last words, I could see Taekwoon hyung hung his phone up. "A call from Son Naeun, isn't it?"

He nodded, then he ruffled his hair until it became messy.

Suddenly, the door was opened, and I could hear some footsteps approached us.

"Ya! Taekwoon hyung! Hongbin-ah! You'd already come!" Kim Wonshik - the noisy guy from our group was coming with Lee Jaehwan, Cha Hakyeon, Oh Hayoung, Park Chorong and Yoon Bomi.

"Ah, yes, we've just come," I said as I glanced on their back, hoping that I will see the person that I was waiting for.


"Where's Hyukkie?" Hakyeon asked while he turned his head to the left then to the right to searched for the birthday boy.

"Hyukkie an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter