Chapter 22

My Best Friend's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[We can't be happened...]

“Eunji-ya, I’m sorry before, but...” Taekwoon closed the meal box that she had brought for him, while he was staring at his girlfriend with a firm look. “I really wanted to know how could you come here with Hongbin? Did you and him were just hang out together?”

“Yes, I treated him a lunch after the school ended,” she said nonchalantly as she shoved the meal box into the plastic bag then she walked toward the dustbin to threw it.

“Just both of you?”

Eunji nodded while threw a wide smile toward her boyfriend – who was suddenly looked overwhelming.

 “I never thought that you and Hongbinnie were already that close...” Taekwoon heaved a sigh.

Eunji raised an eyebrow. “Did he never tell you about it?”

Taekwoon shook his head.

Eunji let out a soft chuckle as she walked toward her boyfriend’s bed. “Did you know oppa? Hongbin and I were starting to be close friends since the day when you were ‘gone’.”

Taekwoon mentally slapped himself by Eunji’s sudden remark.

“I just felt that I’ve become so numb, but fortunately, Hongbin was always being beside me... He always came when I needed a friend to talk to. He always came when I needed a shoulder to cry on, and he—“

Eunji couldn’t finish her words since Taekwoon suddenly grabbed her wrist and pull her into his embrace.

“Eunji-ya, sorry. I’m terribly sorry...” he whispered in her ear. “You must be suffering because of me...”

Eunji tried to move, but his hug went tighter than ever. “Its okay oppa, you don’t have to feel sorry anymore.”

She could feel Taekwoon was taking a deep breath. “I’ll try my best for not treated you that bad anymore,” he rested his chin on her head and continued. “... Please give me a chance, will you?”

Eunji freeze at her place. She really didn’t know what answer that she must say, because deep down in her heart, she actually didn’t feel the strange beat toward him anymore.

***

 

“A surprise birthday party?” Hongbin raised one of his eyebrows when he met the group of his friends (minus Hayoung) in the cafeteria when the school break. Hayoung didn’t join them since they asked her to take care of Eunji by bringing her to the library, so she would not know about their plans. 

“Yes, actually we need Taekwoon’s help. But since he still at the hospital, I think we cannot ask him, so we chose you,” Hakyeon said.

“Oh, okay,” a smile curved in the edge of his lips. “But I should tell Taekwoon hyung too since he is her official boyfriend,” Hongbin tried to joke and made the others burst into laughter.

“Yeah, lets talking about this first and then you can tell Taekwoon hyung later,” Wonshik said.

 

 

After Hongbin told about the surprise birthday party, they went to their class separately. Bomi and Wonshik had no classes anymore like the others, so they decided to go home earlier.

The walk-street was quiet as both of them walking side by side next to busy street. Bomi didn’t have the intention to talk to him and decided to just walk silently as she focused on the road. Wonshik on the other hand was feeling a bit uncomfortable since he knew that Bomi was always being hyper and talk-active before.

Wonshik walked as he glanced at her once in a while, but Bomi didn’t even glance at him since they walk together to the bus station from the school.

“Do you know that you looked so ugly right now?” he suddenly stated while put a playful smirk on his face and he let his arms crossed against his chest.

Bomi rolled her eyes before a snort followed later. “I don’t know what you have said. But I’ll take that as compliment, Mr. Kim,”

Wonshik laughed by her react and he suddenly put his hand around her shoulders till made Bomi taken aback.

“What are you doing?” she asked as she threw a stern glare toward the latter.

“I just wanted to know what makes my girlfriend looked so grumpy during these days. What happened?” Wonshik asked as he leaned his face closer to her.

“Go away. You’re so annoying,” Bomi slapped his cheek lightly as she pushed the latter to stay away from her.

“It’s not like I wanted to disturb you. I just worried because you look so weird,”Wonshik pouted. “Is it because Lee Hongbin again?”

Bomi suddenly stopped her pace as she heard his question. “You seriously can’t understand my language, Kim Wonshik?” she scoffed.

“I can help you if you feel sad. Remember, I always here beside you when you needed someone to lean on,” Wonshik hit his own chest lightly as he wanted to proudly tell her.

“But, I’m sorry, I don’t think I need your help this time,” Bomi turned around before she walked faster and leaving Wonshik behind.

“Bomi-ya, wait for me?!”

***

 

Taekwoon looked at the paper very carefully before he shifted his eyes to a smiling man in front of him.

“What is this, Mr. Seo?” he asked politely.

“It will help you to make your injury going better soon. You told me that you really want to participate in the football student ambassador election, right?” Mr. Seo, his football coach said.

“Yes, Mr. Seo. But, why was so sudden?” he stuck out the paper and looked at him confusedly.

“I’m giving you the chance, Taekwoon. This university is fully supporting you for free. You only needed to focus for your therapy so you can perform well in the Election Day,” Mr. Seo explained. “You should makes us proud, Jung Taekwoon,”

Taekwoon looked at the paper and then to his coach. He didn’t say anything, just let out a fake smile.

 

After Mr. Seo had left, Taekwoon was staring at the room ceiling. He sighed deeply and ruffled his hair, he really was in dilemma.

Mr. Seo just told him that his university will send him to take a therapy treatment to the States for his injury. He will be there for 3 weeks, so he still could perform at the election of Football Ambassador next month.

He startled when he saw a familiar figure was standing in front of the room door with a smile on her face. Taekwoon felt his burdens were suddenly taken away when he sees that beautiful eye smile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter