Chapter 16

My Best Friend's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Falling in love with you? It's no use to giving me the warning, because I already did it]

“Eunji-ya…” Hongbin called her softly.

“What?” the girl lifted her chin to face him.

“Don’t be sad again,”

“Mwo?”

“Please keep on smiling like this everyday,” Hongbin curved an endearing smile on his face. “I loved to see your smile. So please, give me that smile, everyday."

Eunji’s eyes were blinking rapidly as her heart was beating strangely – again. She surely could not control the heart's throb when Hongbin was staring at her deeply.

“R-Really?” Eunji stuttering as she could feel that her cheeks were flushing.

“Yes,” Hongbin nodded. “Because, you look so ugly when you were frowning,” Hongbin stick out his tongue toward her.

“Yaahhh! Lee Hongbin! How dare you?!”

***

 

Eunji had finished herself from bathing, and that was when she found her cell phone is ringing. She grabbed it from the table in her room, while she took her seat on the bed. A new voice message was coming. She was giggling by herself when she played the voice message.

‘Ahjumonie. Thank you very much for the shirt. Tomorrow, if you need my chest to cry on again, please do not use some thick mascara or you must buy me a new shirt again!’

Eunji immediately pressed the ‘reply’ button on her cell phone.

“Yah! An Old man with abs, you should keep the shirt that I had bought for you because I will not buy another one for you anymore!”

She immediately sent the voice message to him, while she could not stop herself from giggling as she waited for his reply.

Less than 10 seconds, Eunji received a new voice message and she quickly opened it.

‘Yah, you are so mean, Jung ahjumma! Don’t act so meanie or you will get a lot of wrinkles soon, hohoho.’

“That brat… Tch…” she whined before quickly sent another voice message to him. “Stop mocking me or you’ll be falling in love with this ahjumma later!”

She was already sending the voice message, but a few second later, she whimpered as she regretted her previous remarks. “Omo! What did I send to him earlier? Aigoo, Jung Eunji you are so stupid! How dare you to be so over confidence like that?  Aaargghh, Hongbin must felt that I’m so gross now,” she was fidgeting by herself as she rubbed her own temple continuously.

It took more than 1 minute for Hongbin to send a new reply for her. And when Eunji received it on her cell phone, with the hard throbs inside her heart, she immediately opened it.

Eunji’s heart was suddenly beating crazily as she heard the voice message.

'Falling in love with you? It's no use to giving me the warning, because I already did it.'

 

“Did he was joking with me? He said that he was already falling in love with me?” Eunji could not help herself for not blushing so hard. “Let me hear it once again.”

She pressed the ‘replay’ button as she wanted to hear the last voice message that Hongbin have sent to her for almost 5 times. And Eunji was giggling by herself as she could clearly heard that the cute guy with the dimples was clearly saying that he already fell in love with her.

When Eunji wanted to replay it for the 6th times, she received a call. Her heart surely was beating more wildly than before as she found out that Hongbin was calling her.

“Ottoke… ottoke… What should I say if he suddenly asked me to be his girlfriend? Ottoke!!!” Eunji said in panic as she still let the cell phone's ringing. “Don’t exaggerate, Ji. I’m sure that he was not serious with that voice mail. Yes, I’m sure that Lee Hongbin was joking on me.”

Eunji heaved a sigh, before she picked up the phone.

“Yah! What took you so long to replying my last voice message? Please don’t say that you were fainting when you heard that I was in love with you, huh?!”

“Yah! You should remember that I’m older than you. You should appreciated me, young man,”

“Ouch, I’m sensing an ahjumma‘s thoughts here~”

“Lee Hongbin, aren’t you calling me for just held a mouth war like this?”

“No,”

“And then, why were you calling me?”

“Actually, I wanted to hear that you already fell in love with me too,” Eunji could sense that her heart was suddenly beating crazily. But, Eunji still tried to keep her sense on. She was afraid that Hongbin only joking around with her.

“I’m sorry Bin. I already in love to Jisung oppa, not with you,”

“Jisung? The famous Korean actor? Kept on dreaming, Jung,” Hongbin scoffed.

“Watch your tongue, Lee,”

“And you, you’d better watch your heart, Ji,”

“For what?”

“For preparing yourself to fall in love with me,”

“Ouch that’s gross! You started to act like Kim Wonshik now!”

“So, you don’t like it?”

“Um… no…”

“So, you loved a cool and calm guy rather than a dumb one like me?”

“So, you admitted that you are a dumb, Lee Hongbin,”

“Yes, I am a dumb hot man for God’s sake,”

“Gross…”

“And this dumb hot man wants to ask you for a date tomorrow,”

“What? A date??” Eunji’s eyes widened.

“Yes. Let’s go to the beauty salon tomorrow,”

“Lee Hongbin please… don’t joking around again,”

“I am not. I really wanted to take you to that place, since I thought that I should make some change to your hair style, Ji.”

“But, why should I?”

“Off course, I must turn the frog princess to be a real princess,”

“Yah! You’re an troller!”

“Okay, I’ll pick you up tomorrow. See you on 12, jaljayo~”

Hongbin already hung up, while Eunji started to mumbling random curses.

“He’s indeed a troller! How could I have a thought that he will seriously fall in love with me?? Jung Eunji, you are a real pabo!” Eunji hit her own head lightly. And in the same time, she could feel that her heart was aching a bit.

“Why is it hurt??” Eunji frowned. “Jung Eunji… You already lost your senses because of Taekwoon!” she whined before she threw her body on her bed and buried her face into her sleeping pillow.

***

 

“Chorong eonnie?” Eunji blinked as she found her sudden presence in front of her house.

“Hi, Eunji-ya. Did Hongbin and Jaehwan already came?” she asked as she walked herself toward the Eunji’s room.

“No, they haven’t come yet. So… you and Jaehwan oppa will join us to go to the beauty salon today?” Eunji asked with curiosity.

Chorong nodded. “Yes, last night Hongbin texted me to join both of you, and he said that he already asked Jaehwan and he agreed.”

 “Oh…” Eunji said as she could feel a slight of disappointed inside her heart. She thought that only she and Hongbin who would go to the salon as 'a date'. She walked herself toward the table near her bed and grabbed a comb. “Is it okay for us for not asking Bomi to join us?”

“She will be okay since she will have a date with Wonshik today,” Chorong said as she took the comb from Eunjis’ before she helped her friend to combing her hair.

“What??? She’s having a date with Wonshik? How could it happen, eonnie?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter