Chapter 17

My Best Friend's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Even it’s impossible, can’t I replace him in your heart?]

“Taekwoon oppa…” Eunji softly whispered a greeting. “Long time no see.”

He was still the same – still had all the perfection for her eyes. The different were maybe ---- he wasn’t smiling and looked so awkward toward her.

Taekwoon seemed like never expecting this moment. He really didn’t know how to react by the sudden meeting between him and Eunji.

“I…”

He started to speak up, but a female voice suddenly butted into their conversation.

“Oppa, did you know her?”

Eunji’s eyes widened just when she noticed that Taekwoon wasn’t alone. There was a pretty and tall girl stood next to him. And she was staring at Eunji with a question look.

“Y-yes… She is a dongsaeng in my university. Her name is Jung Eunji…”

Eunji’s jaw dropped at the same time when she heard about Taekwoon’s words. ‘A dongsaeng? So, for him, I’m only being his dongsaeng?’ She gritted her teeth.

Taekwoon stole a glance to Eunji, and he could see the dark inside her eyes.

“Oh, anyeong Eunji-ssi. I’m Son Naeun,” the girl suddenly smiled and bowed politely to her.

Eunji felt that the situation was too overwhelmed and she knew that she couldn’t say anything to responded. Actually, she really wanted so bad to ask something to Taekwoon like ‘Oppa, where have you been? Didn’t you know that I’m missing you like crazy? Didn’t you still love me?’ But she knew that she could not do it, since there was a Son Naeun stood firmly beside him.

“I’m sorry for interrupting your conversation. But, Eunji and I should go now since our friends were already waiting for us at that restaurant,” Hongbin suddenly butted, while pointing his finger to the restaurant near the salon. “Nice to meet you again, Naeun-ssi. Bye,” Hongbin immediately grabbed Eunji’s wrist and dragged her away with him, leaving Taekwoon with his own thoughts.

 

“Eunji-ya, please don’t cry,” Hongbin whispered in her ear when both of them were crossing the crossroad together.

“I-I’m not…” she forced a thin smile on her face, but Hongbin knew that she was trying so hard to hide her pain. “I will not cry again because of him,” she exhaled severely.

When she and Hongbin arrived across the street, Eunji suddenly turned her head around and Hongbin noticed it.

“What are you thinking, Ji? Did you still hoping that he will come after you?” Hongbin looked at her with sad eyes.

Eunji didn’t give an answer. She still stared to the place where she had met the man that she still loved a few second ago. But, poor Eunji, Taekwoon wasn’t there anymore. He already gone with his ‘true love of his life’ without looked back to her.

“Can’t you try to forget him?” Hongbin mumbled softly, but Eunji could still hear it. “He hurt you a lot… He didn’t deserve your loves…”

Eunji couldn’t find a fine word to reply. ‘Hongbin was right. Jung Taekwoon had hurt me a lot. But, why I keep on loving and missing him this bad?’ Eunji looked down at her shoes, and tried to avoid the tears to fall from her eyes.

“Eunji-ya, I beg you…”

“Hongbin-ah, I want to go home…” she finally said.

Hongbin heaved a sigh. “Okay, let me take you home. But, I will tell Jaehwan hyung and Chorong eonnie first.”

Eunji suddenly shook her head. “I will go home by myself. You should go to take your dinner with them.”

“Eunji-ya, but---“

“I need to be alone at this moment, Bin. I hope you understand,” Eunji turned around and walked off, leaving Hongbin alone in the side of the road with the hidden pains inside his heart.

He didn’t dare to call her or grabbed her arm to avoid her to leave him. He only could see the back of her, from such a distance, before it slowly faded away from his vision. Once again, Lee Hongbin was in his heartbreak.

***

 

Eunji arrived at the bus station after walking by her own self for some minutes. She waited patiently for a bus that she could ride in to her house. Realizing that she was alone, she finally could not endure her pain any longer as she fell into tears --- again.

“Jung Eunji, you are so stupid. Why you should cry for someone who didn’t even want you to stay by his side? You are so dumb for waiting for his love, while he already have another adorable girl in his life,” she cried even harder.

***

“Eunji-ya, are you okay?” Eunji got a call from her friend, Park Chorong, just when she arrived at her home.

“I’m okay, eonnie,” she exhaled while tried to produce a normal voice so Chorong would not notice that she had sobbed earlier. “I’m sorry because I was leaving you and Jaehwan oppa so sudden.”

“Yes, Hongbin told us that you were suddenly getting a headache so you should go home earlier,”

Eunji smiled thinly as she found out that Hongbin was telling a lie for not making her friends put too many worry over her.

“I already eat aspirin, and I’m sure I’ll be okay soon,” Eunji told. “Um… Where’s Hongbin?”

“Hongbin? Oh, he was still here with us. Do you want to speak with him?” Chorong asked.

“Um… Y-yes, eonnie…” Eunji stuttered, and she didn’t know why she suddenly got that strange feel inside her heart again.

“Okay, wait a second,” Eunji could sense that Chorong was whispering his name, before that guy grabbed the phone from her.

“Yeoboseyo?” a deep and husky voice sounded, and it made Eunji froze over the voice for some second, before his voice make her snapped out. “Eunji-ya, are you there?”

“Y-yes, I’m still here,” she said, and there was an awkward silence between her and him.

“So,” Hongbin tried to break the silence. “Did the ahjumonie already recovering?”

“Yah!” Eunji could not help herself from not chuckling. “I think I cannot recover soon because I’m so lonely now.”

“Huh?”

“Appa, eoma and Minki were staying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter