Chapter 21

My Best Friend's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[I Should've told you from the start...]

Hongbin might have no idea who was the person that he kissed now, but his heart kept telling him to do it. He cupped her jaw then he was bringing her face closer before he tasted her lips once again. It seemed really weird. He liked her, he knew it. But, he knew things wouldn’t be as smooth as he thought. But her lips were too soft and too endearing for him. Each move, each reply, it made him needed her more.

And when they were out of breath, they still formed the sheepish smile on their lips before the chuckle followed later.

“I should ask you to be my girlfriend first before he did,” he said.

“I know,” she still smiled and showing her best eye smile toward him.

“Come to me,” he called her softly, and without a doubt, she let her figure met his broad chest.

“It’s dangerous. We should stop,” she whispered but she tightened the hug.

“Yes, we should. It’s unfair for my best friend,” he said while resting his chin upon her head.

He could feel that she was giggling for some seconds, before she pulled away from him. Hongbin didn’t complain because the moments that they shared earlier were more than enough. He would not ask for more, because he didn’t want to be greedy, since he knew that the girl wasn’t officially belonging to him.

Through the less crowded street, they had their hands locking into each other. They bid their goodbye as she gave him her smile, the wider one.

“Eunji-ya,” he said before the girl went inside the cab.

She turned around as she brushing some strands on her face and tugging it onto her ears.

“Thank you for today.”

***

 

‘Sleep yet, red bean? ^,^’

Hongbin couldn’t help but smile when he read the text message on his cell phone screen. She was sending it to him just after they met each other an hour ago.

‘Don’t call me with that cute nick name. My friends especially Hyuk will mock me like heol crazy if he knew about it -___-“ ‘

‘You don’t need to worry. I will call you with that nickname when just the two of us spend time together.’

‘Hmm, is it a signal that there will be ‘a private time’ for us after today?’

‘You rascal, Lee Hongbin!’

Hongbin let out a chuckle before he typed the reply message.

‘So, what are you doing now? Haven’t sleep?’

‘I can’t. That’s why I texted you.’

‘You should text your BF rather than me, Jung.’

‘He slept already. He should sleep earlier since tomorrow he will attend the soccer competition.’

‘Oh, so no wonder I always be the second choice T,T. No, kidding. Eh, didn’t you want to watch the competition?’

‘No. I had two classes tomorrow. So, I don’t think I can’t skip it >,<’

‘Poor Taekwoon hyung. He must be sad because his lovely girlfriend can’t support him T__T’

‘He will understand it. You don’t need to worry. Oh, I forget to tell you that after the school ends, I wanted to treat you a lunch. ^o^’

‘A lunch? For what?’

‘I should do it since you already paid my hair treatment at the salon a few days ago.’

‘Omo, you don’t need do that. You better keep your money,’

‘No, I owed you, Hongbin-ah. So, please let me buy a lunch for you, okay?’

‘But, seriously, Ji. You don’t need to do it.’

‘Tomorrow, I’ll be waiting for you in front of the school’s gate. Don’t make me waiting for you. Good nite.’

Hongbin curved a smile when he read the last message that she sent to him. “So, you want to spend your time with me that bad, huh?”

He put his cell phone on the desk beside his bed, before he leaned his head on the sleeping pillow. He rubbed his temple before he muttered. “It’s getting hard to forget you, Jung Eunji.”

***

 

Bomi happened to be the first one to arrive at Wonshik’s house among the other friends of her. She cursed herself for being too excited since they will prepare for Eunji’s surprised birthday party. She was about to turning around to wait for her friends outside, but suddenly the deep familiar voice was calling her name.

She turned around slowly to be greeted by a breath-taking Wonshik – he wore a black t-shirt and short army-printed shorts. It was enough to make her eyes went wide twice since she admitted that the guy was still hot in those kinds of casual style.

“Bomi-ya,” Wonshik smiled as he was already standing in front of her.

“Oh, h-hi,” she greeted awkwardly while raising her hand to waving toward him. “Um, where’s the other?”

“They are yet coming. What are you doing here? Come on, let’s waiting for them inside,” without a warning, he grabbed her right wrist and dragged her inside. Bomi was completely flustered at his action and she followed his led.

 

But suddenly, a girl voice was calling his name from the gate and Bomi could feel a bad mood in her heart when she noticed who the owner of the voice was.

“Chorong noona? Namjoo-ya? Jaehwan hyung? Hyuk? Hayoung-ah? Hakyeon hyung? Ahh, finally all of you’ve come!” Wonshik was suddenly releasing his grip on Bomi, before he immediately ran toward his new guests.

The five of them finally walked toward Wonshik’s house together. When they arrived at the living room, Bomi could see that Wonshik decided to sit next to Chorong, before they started to have a good chat together. Bomi was left alone, and she didn’t know why she felt abandoned and frustrated.

 

“So, what will we do for the surprised party? Why don’t we invite Taekwoon hyung and Hongbin hyung too, they are her boyfriend and her best friend, aren’t they?” Hyuk opened the conversation.

“Yes, they are. But we needed to keep it as a legit secret since we’re afraid that they will spill it to her before the ‘day’,” Chorong said.

“I agreed with Chorong noona,” Wonshik suddenly butted in, and Bomi immediately turned her gaze at him. “So, let’s prepare this surprise party with us only.”

“But, we still need Taekwoon oppa and Hongbin oppa help too to bring Eunji eonnie to the restaurant. So, let’s tell them about our plan when it has been decided,” Namjoo said.

“Okay. And now, we should talk about everything that we should prepare for the party,” Hakyeon pulled out a pen and a note from his bag. “We need to buy a birthday cake first. Who wanted to buy it?”

“Me,” Hayoung raised her hand. “Let me buy it since I knew Eunji eonnie’s favorite cake.”

“Okay, birthday cake, checked. And next, we should buy some party stuffs like balloon, decoration, etc,”

“I’ll take the responsibility for the decoration with Bomi and Wonshik to help me,” Chorong raised her hand, while Wonshik immediately nodded in agreement.

“Yah. Why were you being mute since earlier?” Jaehwan who sat next to Bomi suddenly nudged the younger’s elbow till made her snapped out.

“A-ah, n-nothing. I... am just thinking... Yeah, I’m thinking about the decoration that we should choose for Eunji’s birthday,” Bomi lied. She took a glance toward Wonshik and Chorong before she found out that they called her to approach them.

“Bomi-ya, come here. We need to talk about the decoration together,” Chorong waved her hand to signal the youngest to come closer, while Bomi nodded her head before she took her seat next to Chorong rather than next to Wonshik.

“Eyy. Why were you sitting so far away from me, Bbom? Come here, there’s an empty chair beside me,” Wonshik suddenly winked playfully at her, before Chorong pinched his waist.

“Shut up. We should talk about something more important right now, Kim,” she threw a stern gaze toward the latter, and Wonshik quickly nodded his head. “So, when will we start to go shopping?”

“I’m free. So you can ask me anytime, noona,” Wonshik beamed.

“And how’s about you, Bbom?” Chorong moved her gaze to the mute-Bomi.

“Oh, anytime. I’m free too,” she said.

“Okay,” Chorong heaved a sigh. “Let’s find the stuffs tomorrow after the school ends.”

***

 

“Beannie-ya~” Eunji whispered in a very low voice as she was waving her hands toward him. She was expecting that he will see her. Hongbin was still studying inside, while Eunji already ended her class earlier.

Fortunately, Hongbin could sense that there was someone who was waving her hand toward him. So, he suddenly lifted his chin up and caught her presence near the back of his classroom door. He could not help himself from smiling when he saw that the girl was jumping up and down happily when their gazes met each other.

Eunji immediately took her cel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter