China

Fearful Of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the words come out of my mouth I realize that I'm no longer scared, something has been kicked into my blood. Something that makes me want to protect our child, Kai looks down on me with a small smile.

"You have no idea how happy that makes me feel" He holds me tight, I burry my face in his neck and inhale his delicious scent. In return I wrap my arms around him and squeeze him, but I can no longer be aware of him as much as I have been. I'm more aware of the feeling of being pregnant, some sort of heavy anticipation laying in my stomach.

I choke back the tears that threaten to fall, knowing this is a dangerous decision “Won’t us keeping this baby just threaten our lives?” I take a deep breath and curl up more into him “After all it is now what they are chasing us for”

He squeezes me to him, pulling me away and smiling at me “They will not get to our baby, not whilst I am still standing” He kisses my forehead “Anyway we need to find out where we are, find some sort of civilisation since I don’t know where I took us”

I haul myself up, never letting go of his hand as I look at the broken front door “It’s not just us two that we have to look after anymore…we need food and somewhere warm”

I rub my stomach, for the first time I actually feel like I have a connection with someone besides Kai. I take back all the things I said about being a mum, I think I am ready.

“Don’t worry, you are all that is on my mind” He squeezes my hand and leads out the door, I feel the cold air embrace my face as our feet tread on the leaves, the sound of the leaves crackling is pleasant to my ears.

“I think we need to have a proper look at my wound, it feels heavy”

He chuckles “I will don’t worry about anything, I have it all covered”

By all covered I know he means that he has no clue what to do, just roll with it.

-v-

With my feet aching and a headache pounding at my head, we have been walking through wood land for at least an hour.

“Kai...” I grab his shoulder and watch as he quickly turns around, looking me up and down.

“What’s wrong?”

I look into his eyes “I don’t think I can walk much longer, my legs are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter