Chapter 2- Interference and Confusion

The Carrier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ahra POV

“Kris this is how the drug goes through the body” I drew Kris a diagram in his notebook. I watch him examine my drawing scrunching his nose. He doesn’t get it, so I take his notebook and start writing side notes for him “Here this will help” I handed back his notebook. Kris re-reads it and his face lights up with a smile.

“I think I got it, how about we move on to the gastrointestinal absorbing and secreting” Kris ask and I nodded. We spent a good hour studying together; I read my notes I took for him out loud. Afterwards I handed Kris my notebook for him to study at home “You know I didn’t get a chance to thank you for tutoring me” Kris said out of blew surprising me.

“Don’t worry Kris, actually I learned some great stuff. When it comes to grade twelve biology, I am going to pass with flying colours” I smiled and nudged Kris as he chuckles.

“I can’t afford a tutor, so you taking your time do this is much appreciated” Kris then hugged me surprising me in a whole new level. We stayed still for a long time, I could feel his pectoral muscles and his cologne. “Thank you” Kris whispered and then let go.

“Kris is something wrong? I heard you yesterday talking to someone yesterday during lunch” I see Kris' eyes widen. “I was just sitting alone in the halls studying and” Kris covered my mouth with his hand. When I was quiet he light goes “sorry” I probably shouldn’t have brought it up, especially when he just thank me for helping him out.

“No umm, just me and my girlfriend are going through things right now. Part of it is you; I need you to help me pass my class. I need to get into college for my family” Kris said. It was silent between us too as we awkwardly looked away.

“I am the same; my family doesn’t have money to put me through college. I need to have the best marks for me to get the best scholarship” I fiddle with my fingers. When I look up, I saw Kris smile at me “I will help you and get you those marks you need on every subject. I place my hand over on top of his, and we smile at each other.

Before I was going to say something I notice the blonde cheerleader coming toward us. “Kris I have been calling you” Jessica whines and stomps her foot “I need you right now” I watch Kris become happier with her around. Jessica sits on Kris lap and plays with the back ends of his hair.

“Not know Jess, I have to stay here and study” Kris pecks her cheek. I quickly turn away not wanting to i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter