Skipping

BEST FRIENDS

 

Chapter 5: Skipping


The next day Taehyung woke up to three pair of eyes staring at him. "W- what?" He mumbled still half asleep. "Your in deep trouble." Kai smirked. Trouble? Taehyung? "What's wrong?" He asked Jungkook. "Your parents are pissed that you burned the kitchen." Jungkook replied. His eyes went wide. Crap. He swung the covers away and went to freshened up. "How are you going to get ot of this?" Taemin asked him. Taehyung ruffled his hair. "I don't know." He said. "Be careful Tae, your hand is still bad after the burn you recieved." Taemin warned him. Taehyung gave Taemin a bear hug. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." He kept saying over and over. Both Kai and Jungkook looked confused. "Ya, let me go." Taemin tried to escape Taehyung's tight grip. After some pulling and pushing, Taehyung finally let go of Taemin. "What are you going to do?" Jungkook asked. "Just watch." He replied and walked downstairs into the kitchen. 

To say Taehyung's parents were pissed was an understatement. If looks could kill Taehyung would have been buried 15 feet below the ground in the middle of no where. "Mom, dad good morning." Taehyung faked smiled. "It was almost a good morning." His mother said. "What the hell happened to my kitchen?" Mrs. Kim asked. Taehyung pouted. "Mom I can explain." He  started. Mrs. Kim motioned for him to go on. "You two are the best parents in the whole," He stretched his arms out wide to emphasis his point, "world and I being the perfect son, wanted to make you guys food." By now the other three were already there and listening to Taehyung "Explain" why the kitchen was burned. "Now you two know that I'm not the best chef, but I tried to cook for you guys only that I overcooked the food and it burned. When I tried to save the food, it was to late and the whole kitchen was burned and I had to clean it up or else the whole house would've burned down." He finished explaining. "He looked at is parents and pouted even more. "So let me get this straight. You burned my kitchen trying to cook for your father and I?" She asked him not buying any of it. Taehyung nodded. "I even burned my hand making the food." He showed them his right hand. Mrs. Kim gasped. 

"You silly boy, what were you thinking?" Mrs. Kim scolded him. "I was thinking that I should cook you guys a delicious meal, but that didn't go as plan." He said after Mrs. Kim had finished rewrapping his hand. "Sorry for burning the kitchen." He said "sadly."  She kissed his cheek and smiled. "The kitchen doesn't matter. What matters is that you didn't get hurt that badly and will be able to have your hand cured." She told him. He smiled and nodded. "Now we have to go to work." She said. "Yeah were late already." His father told them. "Sorry yebo." She replied. "Be careful and don't do a lot of movement okay?" "Okay." "Boys take good care of my Taehyung for me." She told them. "Yes." They all replied. "Bye." Mr. and Mrs. Kim then left to work and Taehyung smiled in victory. "And that is how you get out of trouble." He said and laid down on the couch. "You are amazing." Kai praised him."Thank you. Thank you." Taehyung bowed. Jungkook just rolled his eyes. 

Two weeks later:
"Hyung someone is coming." Jungkook said. The boys were currently skipping class and were hiding in the gym locker rooms. "Hey! What are you four doing here?" The gym coach yelled at them. They all looked at each other and nodded. "Coah! Thank goodness your here!" Kai said. "Huh?" The coach was confused. "Yeah coach our friend here is feeling really sick. He threw up and is getting dizzy every time he gets up." Taehyung also joined in. The coach looked at Taemin. "Son are you okay?" He asked him. Taemin slowly lifted his head up and shook his head. "Come here." The coach told him. Taemin slowly got up, but almost fell down if Kai hadn't caught him. "Woah you need to go to the nurse office." He told him. He softly nodded. Taemin atempted to walk again, but failed again. "One of you has to carry him." He pointed at the other three. Kai squat down and Taemin carefully got on him. "Take him to the nurse's office. I'll be there in a bit." He told them The boys nodded and headed to the nurse's office. "Crap. What now?" Jungkook asked. Kai stopped and face Taehung and Jungkook. "Now we have to get him sick." Kai smirked. At that Taemin hopped off Kai's back. "What?!" He yelled. "Yes Taemin. The nurse is going to now that your not sick and we'll all get in trouble." Kai tried to persuade him. "Hell no!" He still refused. "Then what are we going to do?" Jungkook asked them. "Leave that to me." Taemin smirked. "Quick coach is coming." Taehyung announced and Taemin jumped back on Kai's back. "You guys are still here?" He asked them. "Yeah this one is a little heavy." He told the coach earning a pinch from Taemin. They continued to walk until they finally reached the nurse's office. "I have a teen who is feeling dizzy every time he gets up." The coach explained the situation to the nurse. "Tae, what are you going to do?" Jungkook asked him. "You'll see." He replied. 

"Uhh can he lay down?" Kai asked them. "He is really heavy and I don't think I can hold him up and longer." He told them. They nodded and the nurse showed Kia where he could put him down. Taemin whispered something in Kai's ear and laid down on the bed. After puting him down, the three teens looked at each other uncertain of what Taemin's plan was. 5 minutes later the nurse got up to go check on him, but he was fast asleep. "Oh? Did he get any rest?" She asked the boys. "No. He barely slept last night." Kai answered. "Yeah he was up all night finishing homework and getting his things ready for school." Taehyung also answered. "Has he eaten anything?" She asked. "No he skipped breakfast this mrning and lunch. He didn't really eat dinner last night either." Jungkook answered this time. "I see so what he needs is some good rest and food to eat after he wakes up." The nurse informed them. They nodded."Can we stay here with him. He usually freaks out when he wakes up in an unfamiliar place." Kai told her. She debated whether to let them stay or not. "Please. One time he freaked out so bad, he couldn't sleep for two days." Taehyung pleaded. She sighed. "Okay fine, but don't make a lot of noise. Your friend needs a lot of rest." They all nodded and smirked. 45 minutes passed by and Taemin was still sleeping. "You guys are good friends." The nurse made small chat with them. "Thanks." They all replied. "How long have you known each other?" She asked them. "I've known him since we were babies." Kai pointed at Taemin. "I met them in 8th grade." He pointed at Taehyung and Jungkook. "Wow. How about you two?" She asked Jungkook. "We met when we were six." He replied. "I see. So you guys are all best friends?" She asked. They nodded. "The best of bests." Taehyung said. Half an hour later Taemin woke up. True to their word, Taemin freaked out. He was yelling and screaming asking where he was. The nurse tried to call him down, but it was no use. He would just thrash around and ask her who she was. "I need your gys help. He won't stop screaming and kicking." She told them. They all got up and went to Taemin's side. "Shh Tae calm down. It's just us." Kai soothed him. Taehyung grabbed his hands while Jungkook grabbed his feet. Kai caressed his cheek and ran his fingers through his hair. "Shh calm down." He kept repeating. A few moments later he was calmed and the nurse was able to talk to him. "You fell asleep. From what your friends have told me, you have not been getting any sleep and you been skipping meals." She told him. Taemin nodded slowly. "So here drink this and go eat." She handed him a cup of water with a pill. "But lunch is over." Kai said. "I know so I will give you four a pass that will allow you guys to eat." She said. They all smiled. "Thank you." They all said. "No need." She replied. "Now as soon as he drinks his medicine he can go eat." She said. Taemin put he pill inside his mouth and drank the water. He handed the empty cup over to the nurse and she wrote them a pass. "Here you go and be careful next time." She told Taemin. "Yes. Thank you." He bowed and all boys left. 

"YAY! We get to eat again!" Taehyung screamed. "Hey Taemin, how did you pull it off?" Jungkook asked him. They opened the cafeteria doors and showed the lunch ladies their pass. After grabbing everything they wanted they sat down. "Well while Kai put me down, I told him to make up all those lies about me so you guys could stay in the room and the nurse wouldn't have to check me." He told them. "Wait so you heard everything we said?" Taehyung asked. "Yeah. EVERYTHING." Taemin replied. "Anyways I knew you guys would follow along and you guys did." He finished. "WOW. You truly are an amazing actor." Taehyung complimented him. Taemin laughed and they started eating. After they finished eating school was over. "We did it you guys." Kai smiled in victory. They cleaned up and headed back home.