Chapter 7 - Mishaps

Halfway Through

 

His eyes were as tired as a zombie's. He had never felt the feeling of sudden depression. He had always been an optimist regarding his actions. His decisions are always accurate and firm. He never knew that a day will come to him where he'll be insecure of his choices and lead to regretting them. He hated it, regrets. They never sounded right to his ears. He always wanted to be certain, he wants everything perfect. For him, regrets only take up people's time. Chances shouldn't be considered, it's always now or never. That's why his body had always been so precious to him. He believes that if you suddenly can't stand up to your feet a lot of opportunities will be lost.

This time, nothing mattered. For a week? Or two? He didn't know, he was lost. There's only one thing he's sure of, he's an idiot.

 

Jong Kook the television. His mouth nor his stomach didn't request for food. Maybe it's a good thing though, I won't have to watch out for calories. His muscles didn't require some stretching and pulling. I guess I should take a break from the weights, my body isn't a machine after all. His heart felt the pain rush to every part of his body. I guess this will be better, to give me the right emotions for my songs.

He would go out everyday. He didn't lock himself out from the world but he didn't care about it too. He'll record songs since the place is a few blocks away from the woman's workplace. He would run to that place to check if she called or came, his only exercise everyday.

Sadly, she never called them to tell her where she's staying. They tried calling her but they can't reach her phone. Her last call was to tell them that she couldn't come to work for a few days. He had a thought, maybe she won't come at all. But he shrugged them off. He still tried his best to think of everything positively. But something always felt wrong.

He was getting ready or more like just trying to look clean, when his phone buzzed. He answered the call lazily expecting to hear Gap Jin's voice but he spit out the toothpaste inside his mouth because of the message the person from the other line's telling him.

 

"She's leaving?"

"What? Who?" His hurt thumped, almost exploding because of the news he's receiving.

"She called us an hour ago telling that she might leave the country. We tried calling you but you didn't pick up. We got busy, until now."

"To where? Why?" He had a lot of questions. But his voice can only form few.

"We don't know why. London. She's going there and her airport is-"

 

He cut the call after hearing the airport's name. He know he should call her but they said she's not picking up her phone. He didn't want to waste any second. He ran to his car and drove to the airport, but something's telling him that he shouldn't go there. Still, he went.

 

 

Seong Im prepared to leave the house. She held onto her luggage tightly and waited for Mrs. Choi to ask for her permission. She wanted to go to his place first. She wanted to call but she doesn't have his number anymore. A few days back, her phone got broken while playing with Lizzy. Jin Hyuk got her a new phone today and she just called the coffee house to inform them about London.

Since Mrs. Choi is coming out of her room, she went to Jin Hyuk's room first to thank him for the phone. When she entered she dropped everything and carried him to the bed.

"I-I was just p-preparing my things. I-it hurts Seong I'm-ah,i-it h-hurts-"

"Shh. It's okay let me help you." It's the first time that Jin Hyuk admitted that he's in pain in front of her. It must have hurt a lot. She took some warm water and a towel. She gently wiped his face with the wet towel and looked at him sadly. I want to say that it's going to be okay and I'll be here for you, but I can't. I don't have the courage and assurance that I can. Mianhe.

 

Seong Im sighed. If it's like this I won't see him. She looked at the man peacefully sleeping in front of her. At least he's okay.

Seong Im looked for Mr. and Mrs. Choi. Weird, we should be leaving now, no we should've left. The plane already left by now, we won't be going?

Seong Im suddenly saw Lizzy running crazily.

"We're riding on a plane, we're riding on a plane. I'm soooo excited."

"Lizzy-ah"

The little girl faced her with a bright face. She approached her by jumping and smiling widely.

"Ne?"

"You look so happy sweetie. Do you know where umma is?"

She nodded with her head almost detaching off of her body. She then pointed to where she last saw her mom.

 

 

"Ohh I forgot to tell you. The flight got delayed. We won't be leaving in another-" she looked at her watch them looked at Seong Im. "3 hours."

Seong Im didn't know why but her heart suddenly felt lighter. The time is just enough for her to meet the man she's been longing to see.

"I-I'll be going somewhere Mrs. Choi. I'll just say goodbye to some...friends. I'll meet you at the airport and if I don't come, please leave without me."

Mrs. Choi was shocked. She was so happy when she heard Seong Im say yes. She searched for her eyes and she saw, hope? She's been with them for days but it's the first time that she looked so bright. In her heart she knows that Seong Im doesn't really want to go, I guess I should let her be happy. She hugged Seong Im tightly.

"Okay. We'll do that. Take care of yourself Seong Im-ah. Thank you, thank you for everything."

 

 

Seong Im waited for the door to open. She's in front of Jong Kook's room and she just rang the doorbell. The knob turned and her heart beated faster than it should. She felt nervous. Will he send me away again? When the door opened, her smile faded a bit. But she immediately smiled again, not to hurt the person looking at her.

"Seong Im-ah I thought you're leaving?"

"Ne. The flight's kind of delayed and-"

"You're looking for Jong Kook hyung?"

"Ne." She nodded shyly.

"I'm also looking for him and our friend just told me he's in the studio. Want to go with me?"

"No. I mean are you going there?"

"Yes, but I have to meet someone first."

"Ohh okay, then don't bother. I'll be going then. Thank you oppa." Seong Im bowed.

Gap Jin got confused. "Are you going to meet him?" But she didn't look back. Gap Jin thought that he shouldn't follow her, since she doesn't look like she wants anyone to follow her.

 

 

Seong Im took a cab. She's going to the studio and wished for the car to go faster. I have to hear from him, what he'll say if I tell him that I'm leaving. Please stop me Jong Kook-ssi, tell me not to leave. Please.

She closed her fists and touched the doorknob. She's more nervous now. The time's almost up, but it won't matter once he stops me from leaving. I just wish he would.

 

 

Jong Kook opened the vodka that he found in Gap Jin's shelves. He doesn't drink at all that's why as he drank the second shot, his body felt really hot, his head was all woozy and he felt dizzy. He can't raise his head nor his arms. They all felt numb. He snooped down. He doesn't know if he's crying. Tears aren't enough so it doesn't matter. He just stayed like that. Breathing, but lifeless.

He didn't see her in the airport. I can't believe that I pushed her away, too far from me. How foolish. This is all my fault. You're such an idiot Jong kook. You're a jerk, a stupid coward. Pfft.

 

He heard a knock on the door. The numbness went away since few minutes had passed since he drank that second glass, but he still feels the alcohol taking over his emotions and actions. He lazily stood up and opened the door.

He then felt a sudden attack of dizziness surging throughout his body. He fell into the arms of the person in front of him as soon as the doors opened. But the small body of the person carrying him couldn't handle it and complained.

"Ahh excuse me? You're too heavy. Ya!!"

"Hidshr sersh sshi." He wasn't able to form any words for his mind wasn't working.

 

The woman couldn't take it anymore. She took all her strength and finally carried the man up to make him stand on his own. To her disappointment, the man just fell back to her again. This time his arms were on her shoulders and his face is dangling down from his neck. She could smell the man's hair, which was unexpectedly more appealing than his mouth, which smelled of alcohol. He bended his head back giving her a view of his face. She can't help but smile. She shook of her thoughts and tried to wake him up.

"Ya! Wake up. Wake up. How could you drink when can't handle yourself?"

"Seong Im-ah. Mianhe." He murmured between his breath. "Mianhe."

"Come on just wake up."

 

Kim Jong kook felt a body carrying him. It was small and slim. Her smell made him even more drunk. He finally tried to look at her. And the alcohol rushed through his body like a spell. He cupped her face and pushed her to the wall.

"Seong Im-ah." He said, not hearing what the other perosn's saying. Their faces close to each other. They can feel each other's breath. His head moved closer. His lips approaching hers.

 

 

Seong Im took another deep breath. She's in front of the room where Jong Kook records his songs. Maybe for the nth time, she hesitated, but finally she opened the door. And the view crushed her heart. She rubbed her eyes making sure it's him. She can't be mistaken for it is him.

 

She ran, and ran. The picture can't be removed from her head. That's why he made me leave his place? Is that it? Why didn't he just tell me? The tears fell like raindrops from her eyes. The cold wind brushed against her face. Her heart although it felt like it stopped, was beating fast. Anger. Doubt. Fear. Sadness. Pain. Those things were all mixed up inside her head. Questions started forming too but she didn't dare go back to ask him. She felt afraid, afraid to hear the answers.

She stopped running, though she didn't notice, she just stopped. She wanted to scream, to release every bit of pain that's filling her up. But her voice can't do it. She's too broken. Maybe I was just overreacting. No. Stop it Seong Im-ah. Just stop it.

 

An hour had passed. The cold winds sweeped past her but it didn't matter. She doesn't feel anything anymore. Why are you even acting like this? Why does it matter to you? Are you perhaps jealous? Do you like that jerk? Aish. Seong Im stop-stop. She's not jealous. She confirmed it. Instead, she's hurt. But why? Why?

 

 

Jong Kook suddenly felt a strong push making him fall against the floor. Followed by a stinging feeling on his cheeks. He then became conscious of what's happening. He touched his right cheek. He winced. How could a girl's slap hurt this much?

"What were you trying to do you drunkard?"

He just sighed. He didn't know. He just sat there on the floor, still unable to look at the woman's face. He felt her leaving. He felt a little bit better. At least he won't have to explain anything to anyone.

 

 

Gap Jin saw Seong Im sitting on the bench of a park he just passed. He stopped the car and approached her.

"Seong Im-ah. Why are you here? Did you meet him?"

She didn't answer. She felt him pulling her gently to help her stand up. She heard him say 'studio'. She flinched and looked at him.

"Airport. Please take me there."

 

 

"Gomapda, Gap Jin-ah." She closed the car door.

He wanted to ask her what happened but she was nowhere to be seen. Does hyung know this?

 

"Hyung! Why are you sitting there and-" he inhaled, "is that alcohol? Were you drinking? Did she come here?" Gap Jin asked seriously.

Jong Kook lifted his head. His face looked puzzled. He was as if asking him what he's talking about.

"The girl who was supposed to sing with you in one of your songs, for your album?"

He nodded.

"What? Why isn't she here? Did you do something?"

He shrugged.

"Aish hyung. She's nice enough to sing with you. She's a big thing these days you know?"

He didn't move.

"What about her, did she come?"

He looked at him again, quizzically.

"Seong Im. Hyung, did Seong Im come?"

His face looked pained. Then he looked annoyed. "She left Gap Jin-ah. Stop joking."

"So she didn't?"

"Of course she won't."

"Her flight was delayed. She went to your apartment. I told her you were here. I thought she came. I saw her in a park a few blocks from here before arriving, and sending her to the airport."

"She-"

"I thought she met you already. She won't talk to me. I didn't know, hyung I'm sorry."

Jong Kook wanted to talk but he pulled back. He instead stood up and went for his car keys.

"Hyung. You're drunk."

"I have to go."

"Hyung."

Gap Jin found his eyes and saw pain. It's the first time he saw that from his friend. For years, he watched him struggle to express his feelings and now he's willing to, why does it have to be pain?

"I'll drive you there."

 

Jong Kook dashed out of the car. He looked at each passenger entering the boarding area, searching for a familiar face. He ran and stopped to search. Then ran. All over the place he looked for her. His slight ray of hope started to disappear when he saw a familiar red coat. The girl entered the boarding area and his feet started running.

"Seong Im-ah. Cheon Seong Im."

A huge, strong hand stopped him. Sir, your boarding pass please.

"No. She's there. Seong Im. She's-"

"Sir, sorry for the trouble. I'll take him from here." The woman from the studio a while ago pulled her away from the guard before more of them come to them and take him away.

 

She pulled him out of the airport until a huge force almost pulled her back. He stopped walking, his head down and a mood you couldn't describe emanated from him.

"Let's go." The woman said.

"You go."

"But-"

"I said go."

He didn't shout but his voice was loud enough for her.

 

 

Jong Kook walked the park where they sat on the swing before. He sat on the same seat while thoughts of her ran in his mind and he never got tired of it. What exhausted him was the pain of her leaving. And that pain filled his heart. He looked up the sky and closed his eyes. Cold water ran down his cheeks, it was his tears. It kept on falling and he desperately breathed for air.

He mumbled words from deep within his heart. Words that he had tried forming before. He had a hard time creating them in the past but now they just kept on coming.

You know that I can’t live without you
I will protect you till the day I die
I don’t want to lose you- please come back to me


Now I can’t hold onto you with just the words of I love you
I know that any other excuse is too late but
No one in this world can take your place
Always, always, for me, there’s only you

 


 

 

The leaves fell as he walked the street while holding the bike beside him. He just finished his morning stroll around the place and is on the way to the area where he agreed to meet with her.

Just the thought of her made him smile and the idea of seeing her again made the butterflies in his stomach flutter. At the same time a sad feeling clouded his heart. But he smiled because he knows, that's what she wanted to see. He stopped staring at the ducks swimming in the pond, standing exactly where she told him.

 

"Oppa."

He recognized the voice very well. That sweet voice full of cheers. You wouldn't notice any sign of worry from it. He faced the owner of the voice whom he missed a lot.

 

"Ji hyo-ya."

 


 

A/N: Hi again. Sorry I broke my vow that I won't put my thoughts here but I want to remind everyone that classes started so updates are going to be tough. But I will do my best to update at least once a week. By the way thank you for subscribing, commenting and upvoting. I'm really touched. Please continue to support this fic. 

P.S. The 'poem' thing isn't mine. It's an english translation of KJK's song 'Come back to me again'. It's a really good song. 
P.P.S. I just discovered the horizontal lines so please get used to them.