Chapter 19 - Jealousy Wars

Halfway Through

 

A/N: Took down chapter 19. The first part is the old update and the continuation at the end is a new one.

 


 

The set was filled with people walking around in a hurry. They were all doing something and the place seemed very busy. In one corner, an actress was reading her lines as she hummed a familiar melody.

"Unni, you miss him, don't you?" Her stylist suddenly murmured in her ear.  

"What? Ya, Bo Mi-ya just mind your own business, okay?" She burst out with her reddened face. 

"Anyone can tell that you're humming 'December'. You can tell me, unni. I know how long you haven't seen him. It must have been so hard to be in the entertainment business when all eyes are on you." She continued to babble only to their hearing.

"I just hum it because it's...already December." She tried to make an excuse for getting caught red-handed. Ji Hyo already told, or more appropriately admitted to her stylist that she's seeing Jong Kook after a few interrogations from her. She didn't know how it happened, but it didn't seem so bad for her to be talking to Bo Mi compared to her past stylists. While still engrossed of thinking about when she started to be comfortable with the young lady, a man became visible to their sights. 

"Noona." He called, with all the energy he has left. "Someone's looking for you. He's waiting inside our van." 

She watched him talk and breathe alternately and thought of how difficult his job must be. Just like most of the people in that place, he looked exhausted and drained. She shrugged her thoughts after catching herself concerned with her manager. "Who?"

"My guess, han namja!" Bo Mi answered enthusiastically, receiving a scold from Kang Hyeon.

"Noona, you should go, before this girl spill everything."

 

She walked with him to the van, leaving Bo Mi behind. She also told her manager about her relationship since he's always with her.

"He's inside. I'll wait here and stand watch."

She nodded and opened the door to the car. "Oppa." Ji Hyo smiled brightly, better than she ever did in the past few days. She entered the car as the door closed behind her. "What are you doing here? It's what? Like 2 in the morning?" She guessed after being clueless of the time from shooting late for hours. 

"Is that how you say hi?"

"Ahh, I'm sorry." She went up from her seat and hugged him tightly. "It's really nice to see you."

"I'm sorry we rarely meet." He enveloped his muscular arms around her and whispered. "By the way, it's 4 Ji Hyo."

They separated and Ji Hyo immediately checked his watch. "Then what are you doing here?"

"I just finished recording. I was going to visit you at home, but no one's answering your house phone so I called Kang Hyeon-ssi. So, you were shooting since you last called?" 

"Hmm, not really shooting the whole time since I'm on standby, but I haven't left since last night."

"Standby again? Can't they just call you when it's your scene?" His voice started to sound pissed. 

"You know it doesn't work that way, oppa." She tried to calm him down.

 

After a few minutes of catching up with each other, they heard a knock on the door. "Noona, you need to get ready." 

She sadly looked at Jong Kook. "Sorry."

He sighed and pulled her closer into his arms. "Do your best." He kissed the top of her head. "And don't kiss anyone." He whispered. 

Ji Hyo chuckled as she broke their hug. "You're joking, right?" 

"Of course, I am. I'm not a pathetic, jealous boyfriend." He proudly exclaimed. "But seriously, don't enjoy it. Especially with that guy."

She laughed for a bit before opening the car door. "He's not even here. Take care on your way home." She saw him nod and she finally left to do her work.

 

 

"Ji Hyo." 

She turned her head to the side and she was stunned to see a man running towards her. The staff behind them were already packing up and Kang Hyeon went ahead of her to the van. She almost felt like shouting if it weren't for the voice being familiar. Little by little his face became visible and her heart rate started to slow down. She cleared her head along with . "Ohh, Ji Hoon-ah, what are you doing here? I thought you didn't have a scene to shoot." The movie she was shooting casts Ji Hoon as the male protagonist and her as one of the antagonists.

"I just thought I'd jog around, my place is near this park. I didn't expect that the shooting will last until morning. And since I'm here, I took a tour around. What about you?"

"Oh, I'm about to leave. I had a pretty rough day." She smiled while biting her chapped lower lips.

"Figures. Here, let me carry that for you." He took her coat and bag. "So, where are you going?" 

She had no strength to resist so she just whispered a 'thank you' and pointed to the left side of the road. "Somewhere there."

 

They started walking together as Ji Hoon continued their conversation. "We work together, but I rarely see you."

"Well, it's not like I have a huge role."

"That's not what I meant." He immediately faced her with a worried face. 

"No, I know, don't worry." She waved her hands in the air. 

He walked backwards such that he's moving while still looking at her. "Sorry about that. Anyway, I was going to say that we rarely meet so we should have lunch together."

She stopped walking and her cheeks flushed. "Ohhh, I'm so stupid. I still owe you that lunch. I'm really sorry. We should go this weekend, my treat."

"What? I was just kidding about that before, but if you insist. This weekend is fine with me." He replied with a smirk. 

"Ohh, I can see the van." Ji Hoon turned around while still walking. They saw a familiar short man coming closer to them.

"Ohh, Ji Hoon-ssi. I didn't know you were here." Kang Hyeon spoke while reaching for Ji Hyo's stuff.

Ji Hoon bowed to him as soon as his hands were free. "I was just passing by. And I decided to lend her a hand." He looked at the actress and patted the side of her shoulder. "I'll go ahead, I'll just contact you. Take care."

"Okay, thanks Ji Hoon-ah."

"Anytime." He waved his right hand while he kept the other in his pocket. "I'll see you around." He told the manager. 

She watched as the young actor jog away from them. "You're really close with him, noona?"

"He's a good friend, but it has been really long since we last hung out together. I worked with him before and we rarely talk since then. I even forgot about having a meal with him for a couple of times now."

"Aigoo, it's not because you grew distant noona. You're just really blank most of the times. You forget about a lot of stuff."

"Ya, even you? I'm having lunch with him this weekend so you should remind me that."

 

 

"E-hem." Someone suddenly appeared behind them. 

"That shocked me." Kang Hyeon muttered while clenching his chest. "I-I'll go ahead, noona." 

"Don't wait for her, I'll send her home." He ordered coldly. 

"Ahh, I understand, hyung."

"Let's go?" He extended an arm forward while his small eyes looked at her intensely.

"Thank you for today Kang Hyeon-ssi. Tell Bo Mi I'll go ahead." She left him a short smile and started walking to the tiger's car.

 

They were finally in the car and Ji Hyo sat beside Jong Kook like usual. She watched him fix the mirror and do all the driving stuff. He didn't seem to notice her presence and it made her really uncomfortable. He started the engine and she felt more anxious since he always wears the seatbelt for her and even though it's really easy, she lets him do it because she finds it really sweet. But this time, he just drove quietly. "Y-you, you didn't put my seatbelt on." She tried to break the ice, hoping he'd answer her.

He looked at her sharply and he shrugged his shoulders. "What, you don't have hands?" He replied sarcastically. 

She scoffed. "Oh! Right! Here they are." She raised her hands enthusiastically. "How silly of me to forget. I do have hands!" She shouted and clipped the seat belt on like a little girl throwing a fit.

 

Jong Kook didn't talk for a while since he was really fuming in anger. He just couldn't stand seeing her with that guy and he unintentionally made Ji Hyo mad. She must think that I'm really nuts. He slightly turned his head to see what she was doing. "Nice going, Miss Song." He shook his head as he parked the car to the side of the road. Ji Hyo had fallen asleep while resting her head on the window. "You must be really tired. I'm sorry." He inched closer to kiss her forehead and fix her chair. He leaned it to the back so that Ji Hyo could sleep properly. After making sure that she didn't wake up, he continued driving to her house. 

 

 

"Ohh, I see. No, don't wake her up. Okay, thank you Lizzy." Gap Jin watched as Jong Kook ended the call and sat back in his chair while looking out to nowhere.  

"Problem?"

"She's been sleeping for 14 hours. How could someone do that?" He turned to him in a serious tone.

"What's the big deal? She had done this for a couple of times. I thought by now, you're used to it." Gap Jin asked while giving him a water bottle. He wondered why Jong Kook had been so unfocused since this afternoon.

"I am. The thing is, I don't know her schedule these days and now she's still sleeping, so I have no plan at all."

"Plan for what?"

"Just something for her."

"Why, what's the occasion?"

"Hmm, nothing."

"You're really something. You're very busy yet you're still planning these cheesy things for nothing."

"Hey, it's not cheesy. And there doesn't have to be an occasion for me to do something for her. So...do you have any idea, on what two people could do this weekend?"

"This weekend? Why are you in such a hurry? You have like a day or two to plan. Just forget it, hyung. Besides, didn't you remember that we're going to Busan this weekend?"

"Huh? What for?"

"Jang Hyuk's birthday?"

"Ohh, right. Is Ji Hyo invited to that?"

"Yeah, I think he invited her too, and some other actors and actresses even the whole running man cast. It's really a big party since they're celebrating his recent movie and his current drama. I just realized how busy that guy must be-." He stopped after seeing Jong Kook walking to the door. "Where are you going?"

"I'm getting him a gift. Just to make sure we're going."

In a split second, he was alone in their office. "I thought we're buying the gift together. Ohh well, I guess I'm going alone."

 

 

Ji Hyo walked back and forth in their living room. Jong Kook hadn't called her since they last fought and she's guessing that, it's still about Ji Hoon having lunch with her. "I know it's not right for me to be having lunch with him, just the two of us when I have a boyfriend, but it's just going to take, more or less an hour and he's a very good friend of mine so I'm sure there's nothing to get jealous about."

Lizzy leaned her chin over her hand as if she's solving a difficult problem. "I think, that's actually the reason why he's jealous. You're very close and close friends tend to, you know, do unfriendly things."

"Ya, do you think, I'll be doing that. I'd get bashed by millions of Ji Hoon's fans if I hold his hand in public."

"And one really, really angry tiger, for sure. Why don't you call him?"

"He was very mad, Lizzy. I'm not sure if calling him first is a good idea."

"Really? Or maybe you did something wrong." She eyed her suspiciously.

"Me?"

"Uh-huh! You can be bad Ji-."

"Ya! I was just pissed off that time."

"So that's why." Lizzy nodded her head and looked like she now understood their situation after being in it for a couple of times. "A guy 'friend' is coming to get you and you still haven't told your boyfriend properly. Are you insane?"

 

Before Ji Hyo could answer, they heard a knock on the door. 

"Ohh, it came earlier. Heh! I'll get it." She walked to the door proudly. "Hi! Ohh-. Oppa, you're here."

Ji Hyo curiously followed Lizzy and as soon as she got there the young idol tapped her shoulder lightly and whispered 'good luck'.

"Ohh, I smell my kimchi burning. I'll go get them." She ran and was completely out of their sights.

"S-She doesn't really know how to cook. What brought you here, oppa?"

"I'm picking you up." Jong Kook replied.

"Ohh, yeah. Hmm, right, you're picking me up! I-I'm sorry, but why is that again?" She stammered. 

"Ji Hyo, I'm not mad, okay? I'm sorry I didn't call you, I was just busy." He held her shoulders and Ji Hyo had never felt more relieved. 

"I'm sorry, oppa. You know, how rarely we meet and I really didn't want to upset you, but I was so tired and-."

"I know, but we need to hurry, we're gonna be late."

"Where?"

"To Busan, it's Jang Hyuk's birthday. You were invited, right?" 

"Ohh, yeah." She paused and took a long, deep breath. "Actually, I'm not going. I really forgot to tell you, because of the fight. You see, I have a shooting schedule tomorrow morning and the place is pretty far. I already told Jang Hyuk oppa that I'm not coming."

Jong Kook looked really tired and frustrated that it broke her heart. "What? Everyone's going to be there. Wait, are you still meeting Ji Hoon?"

"I-I promised him already, but-."

"Is that why you're not going?" His eyes looked lost that she couldn't read them anymore.

"No. It's not like that, I-."

"I was actually hoping that we can finally have some time together through this party and we can't because you're meeting some guy."

Ji Hyo was left speechless and she was frozen in place. "I didn't know about this, okay? I said no, even before Ji Hoon asked me to have lunch with him. His invitation has nothing to do with me not going to that party."

"But it never occurred to you that I'm going to that party before you said no?"

"I have a job, oppa."

"I have a job too, but I always tried to make time for you. Why can't you ever do that for me?"

"You know how much I need this job and with just one mistake, I'm out." She reached for his hands and held it tightly in hers. 

He looked deep into her eyes and sighed. "Let's stop this, I'm not having one of these fights again. I'm going to the party. Have fun with your lunch." His voice was calm and he gently took his hands away. 

"Oppa!" Ji Hyo called him out, but he didn't look back and drove off with his car. Now it's worse. Ji Hyo thought. 

 

They were already 10 months into their relationship and for the past 6 of those, they constantly fight. Their bickering was cute and lovely, but little by little they turned into immature and childish quarrels that Ji Hyo thought is driving them apart. They would make up, but they never really learned. Their busy schedule is not helping them and ever since, Ji Hyo had always wished she never entered the business. It drove her crazy. She used to not care about what others were saying about her, but now it's different. Jong Kook had been paired up with actresses who have really respectable backgrounds and it was a lot of pressure on her. She knew she flunked. She made a lot of mistakes that they could use against her and she's doing her best to patch them up with good ones now. She sat down in front of their door and hugged her knees. She knew how she disappointed Jong Kook and he can't blame him for feeling that way. He's right. She can't make time for him because as much as she wanted people to accept her, and as much as this job is killing her, she loves what she's doing. 

"Hey."

She looked up and smiled to the person in front of her. "Hi."

"Can I sit?" Ji Hoon asked and pointed to the spot beside her.

"Only if you fit."

He sat on the a little farther away from her. "So, is this where we're eating?"

She chuckled and looked far away. "If only we could."

"Of course."

"No, I was joking."

"I don't think you were. Stay here and...can I go in and look around your kitchen?"

"Okay. It's across the hall to your left." 

 

"I'm back with 2 cup noodles."

She looked at him and laughed apologetically. "I'm sorry, we don't buy real food."

He sat beside her while handing her a cup. "Ohh no it's fine. I ran into Lizzy and she helped me."

"You did? She didn't do stuff that isn't normal, right?"

"No, she was cool." 

She put down the hot noodles she was holding and looked at Ji Hoon, who was happily slurping down the instant ramen. "Look, I'm really sorry Ji Hoon-ah. You shouldn't be here, eating cup noodles. I'm a mess right now and I feel really bad dragging you along." 

"I want to be here, Ji Hyo. And these aren't that bad." He held out the cup to her. "So, what's the problem?"

She sighed and grabbed her ramen. "I don't think-."

 

"Hey, I'm eating ramen with you in front of your house, you cannot tell me nothing."

His face turned serious and she felt less uncomfortable to talk to him. Besides, she used to tell him everything, that's why they were close before. "Have you ever given up something for acting?"

"Yeah, I think all of us in the industry did."

"Will you ever give up acting for something?"

He seemed to have been taken aback by the question that he kept quiet for some time. Then, he stared back at her while clearing his throat. "If ever I will, maybe it's for the same reason why I gave things up for this job, and it's because I love it."

"And you can give it up just like that?"

"No, I mean giving up is not that easy, but if it's for something that I really, really care about, I guess, it wouldn't be as painful." He suddenly frowned. "Are you quitting?"

It was then her turn to think, but it wasn't too difficult before she could decide because she knew her answer right from the beginning. She looked at Ji Hoon's worried face and she was glad to have him around. "I am not quitting, but I have to go to Busan."

 

"Pick up, pick up, pick up, pick up." The phone rang continuously. Ji Hyo held the steering wheel tightly while ending the call and dialing his number again. "Okay, you're not picking up." She had been calling him for a couple of times since she left her house, but he wasn't answering.

She stepped harder on the gas pedal and soon after, she arrived at the party. She parked the car immediately and jogged her way inside the building. Upon entering, she scanned for Jong Kook's face and stopped only when somebody recognizes and greets her. After desperately trying to find Jong Kook in that huge crowd, she came across the table where her running man family were seated.

She walked closer and the face she had been looking for, came to her sight. "Oppa." He greeted everyone in the table. 

"Ya, Mong Ji." Jae Suk noticed her first and stood up to give her a hug. He walked her to the table and she sat down beside him. Everyone started annoying her about her outfit and she realized how stupid she was to exchange this moment with this group of people for her job.

Across the table, Jong Kook was looking at her and she shyly smiled at him. He replied with his smile. The one that always makes Ji Hyo's heart flutter and it didn't fail this time, again. It was a feeling that never went away whenever she's with him. He's the only person who can make her feel sad and happy at the same time. And he's the only one in the world that even after they fight and no matter how much she hates him, she would always, always come back to him.

 

 


(Part 2)

 

 
Ji Hyo passed the glass of wine to Jong Kook while nudging him with her elbow as a sign for him to take the drink.
 
"I've had enough for tonight."
 
"Oh come on, I thought you wanted to have fun, this doesn't even taste so bad."
 
The singer cringed, but he still reached out a sweaty hand to pick up the glass. He inhaled the intoxicating scent of the liquid and he could already imagine how unpleasant the taste would be. It's not that he hates liquor; he could drink them. But he would rather not to if given a choice. The thing is he doesn't like the way it feels in his body and he believes that he wouldn't lose anything if he is not a fan of alcoholic beverages. Except for Ji Hyo's approval which is the case right now. He watched her scowling face appear before his eyes and it didn't look good. Ji Hyo is a woman with a wad of personalities and he loved every single one of them, but getting her angry at that moment was the last thing he wanted to do. "Ji Hyo-." 
 
She grabbed the glass away from him before he could say anything else. His face must have explained to her everything since she could read him very well. "Fine." She stomped her feet away from their table and soon after she disappeared in the crowd.
 
Jong Kook sighed and grabbed the jigger of wine. He spun the glass as how the others would do it and swallowed it in one gulp. He felt the red liquid travelling through his throat while the bitter taste started to make him feel nauseous. A sound of jazz music resonated inside the hall, but all he was hearing was every single argument he had with Ji Hyo. It was just a lot, but never did he feel so nervous about them up until today. Somehow, their fights seemed to have piled up and they never really talked to actually fix them because of their little time to be together. That's why no matter what they do, they're tied up to the past.
 
 
 
Ji Hyo went to the buffet table to get some 'healthy' food for Jong Kook. She grabbed a plate and grabbed those that would please his picky tongue. She wanted to make up for everything and getting him something he'd like was the least she could do for everything that he had done for her and their relationship.
 
"Unni, I didn't expect to see you here." A soft hand pressed her arms as she faced the young actress who greeted her.
 
"Y-yeah, me too." She stammered. She really didn't expect that she'd find her there. The last time she saw Eun Hye was when she visited Jong Kook's place where the infamous actress offered to watch the classical music concert. She never knew what happened except for the story that Jong Kook told her about how good the violinists were. She did keep the thought out of her mind and seeing her again never ran through her head. 
 
"What do you have there?" She pointed at the plate of green food Ji Hyo was holding.
 
"I'm just getting food for Jong Kook oppa." 
 
"Ohh I should've guessed from the looks of it. How is he?"
 
"I think he's fine." She answered shortly hoping that her former colleague would drop Jong Kook off their conversation.
 
"Oh good. Can you tell him that I said 'hi and I really hope that he would consider the project'?"
 
"Project?" The ace's voice didn't sound pleased, but she managed to keep her cool at least until she heard the rest of the story. She wanted to be fair. After all, she is very particular about her job and what she wanted to do and she's sure that Jong Kook doesn't want anyone to meddle with his decisions when it comes to work. 
 
"A new music video. It's not official, but we are already talking about it. We had a few meetings over coffee and he hadn't given his final answer yet."
 
Ji Hyo was barely listening because the fact that they were meeting each other rang inside her head. "I'll get going. I'll ask him about it." And she was serious.
 
"Ohh really? Thank you, unni. I'll see you soon."
 
This time she was just not hearing her anymore. She was too busy thinking of what reason Jong Kook had for him to hide this from her. She was confused. She knew they weren't the perfect couple, but she never expected that they'll hide things from each other. She might be over reacting, but she had no time to assess that. She was already standing in front of him. "We have to talk." Her knuckles trembled. She wanted to understand, but the more she thought about it, the more she's losing her saneness. 
 
 
 
Jong Kook finally found Ji Hyo, but she didn't seem to be looking at him. She wasn't looking at anything or anyone. Her eyes were lost and she was surely just walking aimlessly. She was holding a plate of food to his liking though she didn't look excited to give it to him. To his surprise, she did notice him. She stood in front of him and after mumbling a few words, she stormed off.
 
 
"Ji Hyo, let's not fight over something like this."
 
"What?"
 
"The wine?" He guessed. But her reaction looked like it had nothing to do with their little quarrel earlier. 
 
"I wasn't even thinking about that." She sounded irritated. 
 
He just then realized that it was so stupid of him to think that Ji Hyo will get mad for something so simple. But he doesn't know her anymore, she was standing in front of him and yet, she seemed so distant. He watched her, struggling within herself and he can't do anything about it. He's terribly sorry, but he was oblivious too. He had no idea on how to fix their problem because he doesn't know what to fix in the first place.
 
"Why didn't you tell me that you have a project with Eun Hye?" She suddenly spilled, her voice echoing in the empty parking lot.
 
The appalling question left his lips zipped. He floundered for anything to say, but he had nothing. "I wasn't going to say yes." That was all he could manage. He knew it wasn't what she wanted to hear, but he was desperate to fix what they still have left. 
 
"And you can't tell me about it?" She uttered disappointingly. "I talked to her a while ago and she seemed pretty excited about it. Is that how she should feel if you're going to say no?"
 
"No, I haven't told her yet. All I said was I'll think about it." He explained slowly. His eyes never left hers as said every word.
 
"And when were you planning to tell me this?" 
 
"I was going to. I just didn't have the chance." He lunged over to her side, wanting to hold her close, but she dodged away.
 
"For a whole month?"
 
She wasn't shouting, but he felt the stinging mark in her words. "You were busy. You always didn't have the time." His logical mind reasoned out. However, his mind was very tired and his body was very much exhausted too that it made all of his thoughts fuzzy. "It felt like I couldn't even talk to you about anything. When I visit you at home you're either sleeping or you're memorizing your lines. I call you and it's always Lizzy or Kang Hyeon who answers. I feel like I don't know you anymore." He looked at her and she was just staring back, waiting for him to finish his words. "I feel like I don't have a girlfriend anymore." His words sounded a lot more rational in his head than saying them out loud.
 
"All this time, this is what you felt?" Her eyes flashed at him as if she had solved a puzzle.
 
He was tired and hurt and that was it. But he assessed that she's now thinking of inexplicable things. He wished she could know what's really going on inside her head because he was dumbstruck. He tried to move his lips, but they ended up hanging in the air.
 
"I can't believe this. What do you want me to do, then?"
 
"Nothing." His reflexes filled him in. He was lost, but there was one thing he was sure of, he doesn't want to lose her and he would do anything to keep that from happening. "That's not what I meant, Ji Hyo." He grabbed her hand. It was soft, small, cold.
 
"Fine." The word was supposed to make him feel better, but it didn't. He knew there was more to it. "Then why was it so difficult for you to tell that information to me? I was busy, you were right, but I had the time to at least pay attention if you just told me." She clasped her hand around his as if her life depended on it. "Why couldn't you tell me?"
 
His breath billowed the atmosphere around them. "Because I knew you would react like this."
 
"I am like this because you're clearly having problems with me that you have to hang out with her without telling me about it."
 
"No, we both know it's more than that. It's always different when Eun Hye is involved. There's something you're not telling me about her." She was going to disagree with him, but he didn't let her. She had avoided that very conversation and ever since he wanted to hear what she had to say. "You have to tell me what it is, Ji Hyo, because I am not letting us go on for another night without talking about this."
 
"She was there." She whispered to his hearing. "She was there, when I left you behind, when I didn't even exist. And you were okay, because of her you became okay. I know how much she meant to you and I cannot get over that no matter what I do. I tried to forget it, but it haunted me still." She paused, but she wasn't done. "And the way you look at her. I'm pretty sure I know what that is. The way you hesitate to say things that could hurt her feelings. I know that you care."
 
Jong Kook would have been relieved if it was just her being jealous. It would have been easier if they were just a normal couple who met each other in the simplest way and never left each other's side since then. But it frustrated him because that wasn't the case. He hated their situation. He hated their past. "If thinking of you every night meant that you didn't exist, then I'll believe you. If the throbbing pain inside my gut meant that I was okay, I'll probably understand. If everytime I look at her, I see your face, I keep hoping that you are the one standing in front of me meant that I cared for her more than I ever did to you, then you're right." He felt a cold drop rest on his hand, followed by a roaring noise from the sky. "It had been years and I've been trying to understand why this is still an issue, why does our past keep on clinging onto us. Is she really the only thing you haven't forgotten? Ji Hyo," The cold breeze of winter started to nuzzle his skin. "Did you ever forgive me?" His words fell along with the heavy rain.
 
The vast space was filled with the sound of the drops of water meeting with the ground together with Ji Hyo's cries. "I swear, I tried. I did and I-." She spoke in between her sobs.
 
He grabbed her trembling shoulders and cleared the huge gap between them. He subtly shook her, giving him a fine image of her transparent brown orbs. Jong Kook didn't know until then, that it was possible for him to be looking at something so beautiful, yet painful at the same time.
 
"I'm sorry. I'm very sorry."
 
He slowly drooped his head on her shoulders as he wrapped his arms around her , protecting her from the gusty wind. 
 
"I love you." She murmured, her voice shaking, her breath heaving. 
 
Jong Kook could smell the faint apple scent from the crane of her neck. It seemed like forever since he last hugged her like that. And those words were the ones he needed to hear. "I know, Ji Hyo." He wished for the time to just stop, because he knows that after that moment, after those cold minutes under the rain, it wouldn't be the same again.
 

A/N: Sorry, the update is short, but I'm trying to update as fast as I can. Thank you for reading!