Simple in needs

Just a Child

------------------------------ Simple in needs
Donghyun and Minwoo as band members
Universe 9

The filled seats, the glowing light sticks, the deafening cheers.

He stared straight into the spotlights, facing the blinding sea of white with a smile. He heard them scream.

The people by his side shuffled into their own positions, and he found his hands reaching for one on each side.

“Thank you.”

Bowing forward, his aching back, the sudden blood rush to his head, the fatigue-

His thoughts came to a sudden stop as a firm squeeze on his right hand brought him back to his senses. Quickly straightening himself to find stability in his steps again, he shot a quick smile to the one beside him.

They were lying if they said they could recognise any faces at all, when all that filled their vision was the strong lightings shone on them. The crowd was a sea of black in contrast, waving their light sticks which served as their only evidence of existence. But they waved back, with every ounce of energy left in them, and he heard a sweet voice telling the fans to go home safely, be careful.

“We’ll meet again.”

The stage platform slowly descended into backstage. His ear rang with commands from the stage crew telling them to stay completely still, aware of a past incident where Jeongmin fell from the stage platform as it descended. He turned to the said man and watched him tense slightly, but only slightly, as he was reminded of the past trauma.

When the stage platform could no longer descend, the members bended their head to hide from view, hurriedly entering the backstage area.

-

It was quiet, but noisy.

The distant cheers were still ringing in their ears, and no one spoke a word as if still savouring the glory they had left on stage.

Hyunseong hurried to claim ownership of the toilet for the next 30 minutes, while the rest of the members did whatever they could to distract themselves from the sticky dried-up sweat feeling on their bodies and their hoarse voices.

Jeongmin laid flat on the floor and closed his eyes, while the twins leaned against the sofa they had in their dormitory, not wanting to soil the expensive sofa.

Minwoo looked conflicted, wanting to jump onto the comfortable sofa but knowing everyone was subconsciously taking care of it, and decided to take out his blanket and lay it over the sofa before jumping on it.

Donghyun smiled softly at the scene before them, wondering where he fit in.

The youngest member his side and looked at their leader. He blinked prettily once, then patting on the almost negligible space beside him as if inviting.

Donghyun stepped over Youngmin’s leg and shunned Jeongmin before stopping at the sofa. Minwoo cheekily sprawled himself on the sofa once more, his previous invitation now supposedly invalid.

Kwangmin turned back to look at them, giving them a weird look before scooting to his side as if giving both parties more personal space.

Donghyun then stepped up onto the sofa, letting himself fall on Minwoo’s figure. Minwoo whined softly, but shifted himself towards the edge of the sofa to let Donghyun take the inside area. Donghyun did have a habit of falling off beds and sofas, afterall.

And then while the sofa was already comfortable and now made so much softer with Minwoo’s blanket with a tinge of the youngest member’s mild scent, Donghyun tried searching for something to put his head on when he remembered their sofa had no cushion.

Minwoo who was as bony as a skeleton was on his stomach while playing a game on his phone, but suddenly the curve of his spine looked so inviting. He placed his head there, feeling the rise and fall as Minwoo breathed.

Unknowingly, he too, breathed to the same rhythm.

This may be the end of the day he dreams of.

They were idols to many, but also unexpectedly simple in needs.

-

Something really simple because the picture of Donghyun on Minwoo's spine was so beautiful.
It doesn't really make sense to me actually, just a tribute to the beautiful picture.
I wanted it to sound prettier but I ended up wanting to include the other members so it sorta failed aha.

Thanks to the 30 subscibers and 2 commenters <3