My Childish Boyfriend

Just a Child

------------------------------ My Childish Boyfriend
Donghyun and Minwoo as a pair of lovers
Universe 18
​warnings: intro has nothing much to do with the fic, i just wanted to write it lol


Perhaps it was how they got together on a breezy day in spring.

When the cherry blossoms were in full bloom, filling the air with a colour of pink that love was overflowing.

“I love you.”

He looked up at the man who spoke those words so quietly that they were almost carried away by the wind.

“Maybe you're still too young and I'm rushing it too much for you...”

He smiled softly, reaching for the warm, fidgeting hands. “Are you serious, hyung?”

“Yeah.” The taller man nodded solemnly. “So...if I could...call you mine...”

A bright smile that could rival the brilliance of the sun.

“Then I'm yours.”

-

It was only a week since they got together and everything around them was still coloured in a shade of love.

“Heh.” A devilish smile as a young man scrolled through his phone, before blinking away the previous expression when a second presence neared. “Donghyun-hyung.”

“Hm?” The said man smiled softly, patting the other's head. “What, Minwoo?”

“Shall we go out for dinner after you're done with your work?” Minwoo suggested cutely, embracing the older man's waist while leaning against his chest. He pulled away slightly to stare up at Donghyun, blinking prettily.

“Sure.” Donghyun nodded, hesitant for a second before stealing a kiss. “I'll get my work done as soon as possible.”

“No worries!” Minwoo sang, then releasing his hold. “I'll watch some TV in the meantime! I'll be outside, okay?”

“Mm.” Donghyun smiled, a little reluctant to let the warmth leave him so soon.

-

“I'm done, Minwoo.” Donghyun announced, before lowering his voice as he saw the smaller boy sound asleep on the sofa. He approached gently, rearranging the stray locks of hair and only smiling foolishly at the other before him.

Minwoo was an angel that could do no wrong.

“Hey.” He said quietly, ruffling the younger man's hair gently.

The other slowly stirred, hand instinctively raised to rub the sleepiness from his eyes.

“...hyung?”

Donghyun leaned close, capturing the lips that now belonged to him.

“Sorry, I took a bit long, didn't I?” Donghyun apologised, then watching the other smile with a shake of his head. “Let's go for dinner.”

Donghyun doubted his eyes when he thought he saw something flashed across Minwoo's face.

“Okay!” Minwoo chirped, then letting the other pull him up from the sofa. “Lead the way, hyung~!”

Donghyun only smiled, reaching for the smaller hand as he made his way to the door and unlocked it.

He turned back to look at Minwoo, the younger wearing a smile that only kept growing-

“Ah!” Donghyun winced, turning to see what his his head that he collided into it with his face too. Plastic...wrap?

Minwoo's hand disappeared from his own, the younger laughing almost maniacally while clutching his stomach.

“I can't believe you even turned away!” Minwoo cackled so badly there were tears forming in his eyes. “HAPPY APRIL FOOLS'!”

And suddenly, the fleeting pain on both the back and front of his head seemed so mild compared to the light on Minwoo's face.

Donghyun chuckled, reaching for Minwoo's hand once more to go for their dinner-

“Ah!”

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FELL FOR IT TWICE!”

-

Donghyun had messaged him to say he'd be held up by his work, but Minwoo wanted to see him anyway.

I'll just let myself in and sleepover! It feels empty not seeing you :(

Donghyun fought the smile threatening to take over his face, not wanting to appear too frivolously to those around him.

Okay.

So when he found Minwoo on his bed, reading with the bedside lamp switched on, the younger man couldn't look anymore lovely.

This was the man who came over just because he couldn't stand not seeing him for a day.

“Hey, Minwoo.” Donghyun smiled, loosening his tie and then walking to the bed.

“Mm.” Minwoo smiled up distractedly, then dog-eared the page he was at. He placed the book aside, and Donghyun let himself wonder what that shadow at the corner of his eyes were-

Donghyun blinked, then staring at the lamp-

“AHH!” Donghyun yelled, stumbling a step back.

“What's wrong, Donghyun-hyung?” Minwoo stared questioningly.

“T-There's a cockroach inside the lamp.” Donghyun winced. “Oh man, I'm bad with insects.”

Minwoo turned to the said lamp and scrunched up his nose, then nodding bravely. “Well then, I'll have to kill it.”

Donghyun hurriedly reached for a box of tissue and offered it to Minwoo, staying a good meter behind when the younger made movements towards the lamp.

“O-Or maybe, don't kill it.” Donghyun fidgeted. “Catch it and throw it down the rubbish chute or something.”

“What if it climbs back up?” Minwoo pondered.

“...please kill it.”

Donghyun continued making moans and little shrieks as Minwoo cautiously approached the shadow.

“HAH!” Minwoo smiled, then crumpling the tissue.

Donghyun felt his breathing eased as the shadow disappeared.

Until the younger rushed at him with the tissue paper all unwrapped to show the corpse of an unsightly, disgusting cockroach as he shrieked in a manner unlike his usual self-

“HAHAHAHAHAHA!” Minwoo laughed, picking out the now crumpled piece of cockroach cut-out. “I saw this prank on the internet but who knew it'd work so well!”

Donghyun smiled sheepishly, taking the black piece of paper and observing it. He then looked to Minwoo who was still making fun of his earlier reactions, and only chuckled some more.

-

“Is it good?”

“Mm!” Minwoo grinned brightly, digging his spoon into the soft pudding before bringing it up to his lips.

“You want to order another?” Donghyun chuckled softly.

“Can I~?” Minwoo put down his spoon and clapped his hands in delight. “Really?”

“Of course.” Donghyun nodded, then standing up from his seat. “I’ll let the waiter know and make a trip to the bathroom.”

“Thank you!” Minwoo sang, then concentrating on his pudding when something else caught his sight.

-

“Is that the second pudding?” Donghyun smiled as he sat back down.

“Yep.” The younger nodded, biting onto the spoon while nodding his head towards Donghyun’s side of the table. “Your phone vibrated earlier.”

“It did?” Donghyun frowned a bit, wondering who would be contacting him on a nice weekend like this. He reached for his phone and unlocked it with his fingerprint carelessly, more interested in watching Minwoo enjoy his pudding, the smile on his face almost blinding.

What’s this sense of déjà vu…

He turned back to his phone and blinked.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Minwoo burst out into laughter, whipping out his phone in a second and capturing the stunned expression of his boyfriend.

Donghyun watch Minwoo giggle some more at the still photo of his, and then tried to blindly search for the settings because his lovely boyfriend had to go change his phone language to something foreign.


The cheery laughter continued in the background as Donghyun smiled softly.

-

Minwoo invited Donghyun over, saying he started to learn cooking and wanted Donghyun to try one of his menus.

“It’s definitely not instant noodle.” Minwoo promised, and chased the rest of his family out for their time alone. “While you wait, do you want some ice-cream?”

Donghyun shrugged, making himself comfortable on the sofa. “I can do without it.”

“But my dish tastes better if you eat ice-cream before it.”

Donghyun tried to imagine what sort of dish Minwoo is trying to make, and nodded. “Okay, then. If you say so.”

“You’re the best!” Minwoo grinned, tackling the older man in a hug before skipping to the kitchen.

Donghyun chuckled, switching on the TV to help ease the wait.

“Here you go!” Minwoo offered a tub of ice-cream and a spoon. “It’s okay to eat from the tub, it’s mine anyway. Mom bought one tub for me and my sister each so we don’t fight.”

“Gotcha.” Donghyun nodded, looking at the label to ready himself for the flavour. “Chocolate chip.”

“Yep.” Minwoo nodded, letting the television extend his stay away from the kitchen.

Donghyun lifted the lid and stared at the television, watching as something interesting looked like it was about to happen. He lifted the spoon and tried to dig some ice-cream-

Donghyun stared down into the tub as the ice-cream felt rock hard.

“…”

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Minwoo laughed, falling onto the sofa and then hugging the older man. “Why do you always fall for these stupid pranks, you’re so cute!”

Donghyun laughed a bit, watching the younger gasp for air.

Surely, he’s joking.

Because the one having so much fun watching him be tricked time and time again was definitely the cuter one.

-

Minwoo was explaining how he thought of filling the tub of ice-cream with water when his sister was telling him about how the girls pranked the guys in class after physical education class by freezing all their water bottles.

“And then I was finishing up my tub of ice-cream so I thought it’d be fun.” Minwoo laughed as he recalled Donghyun’s earlier expression. “Anyway, here’s my first fried rice!”

Donghyun sniffed the air and smiled softly. “It smells nice.”

“Right, right, right?” Minwoo said excitedly, taking a seat opposite Donghyun. “Try it!”

Donghyun then gathered a spoonful of rice and put it into his mouth.

Salt.

A lot.

Donghyun blinked, staring at Minwoo who was waiting impatiently. “Well? How is it?”

…where’s the laughter?

“…Is it bad?” Minwoo pouted softly.

“It’s good.” Donghyun smiled, swallowing the entire chunk of salty lump.

“Really?!” Minwoo brightened up, then running around the dining table for a happy dance. “Yay! I knew I’m a good cook! Maybe I should try it too~!”

Donghyun quickly grabbed the plate and pulled it away. “No.”

“Hey! I want to try my superb cooking skills too!” Minwoo whined.

“You cooked it for me, right?” Donghyun smiled softly, the younger nodding reluctantly. “So this is all mine.”

Minwoo sighed, then taking his seat opposite Donghyun once more.

“Ah, but why do you always fall for my pranks? It makes me want to find more to prank you with.” Minwoo smiled, watching Donghyun eat his super tasty fried rice deliciously.

Donghyun let himself wonder if this fried rice was a prank.

“It’s fine if you prank me more.” Donghyun smiled, and Minwoo looked back curiously. Donghyun then reached for the younger’s hand and pressed it against his own cheek. “Your laughter is ten times more worth it than anything you put me through.”

Minwoo pouted sadly, leaving his seat once more.

Donghyun let Minwoo sit on his lap and hug him tightly, smiling at the younger’s cute antics.

“You stupid, stupid hyung.” Minwoo pecked the older’s lips, finally smiling softly. “Now I don’t want to prank you anymore.”

-

For sungteukvip as a belated birthday present! Not sure if this was what you wanted ack.
I don't know why I wrote the intro but it seemed cute so I didn't delete it lolz.
I don't know what's the ending either but I didn't want the pranks to continue so bla. Whether Minwoo pranked Donghyun or not in the last one is your call HAHA.