It must have been fate

Just a Child

------------------------------ It must have been fate
Donghyun as Hyunseong's friend
Minwoo as Jeongmin's friend
Hyunseong and Jeongmin as a couple

Universe 14
warning(s): vulgar language (I'm always vulgar lol).

“You know, I think it's a miracle I met you.” The smaller man smiled, pressing closer towards the other figure.

“It's the same for me, Jeongmin.” A light voice carrying such heavy affection as he tightened his grip around the said man.

“Hyunseong-hyung!” Jeongmin squealed, feeling his neck being tickled.

The two laughed at themselves as they lazed around on the sofa.

“Hm..” Jeongmin hummed thoughtfully. “But you know, it's 'cause my best friend just broke up with his boyfriend.”

“Uh...Minwoo, right?” Hyunseong frowned subtly.

Jeongmin mentioned the man from time to time, but Minwoo was always too busy with his boyfriend to meet Hyunseong and Jeongmin. The younger man always told Hyunseong how much a dear Minwoo was before he got attached, but spends all his energy on his boyfriend the moment he gets attached.

“But that guy totally isn't worth it.” He remembered Jeongmin saying, sulky about having his best friend snatched from him. “One look and I know, he's not going to cherish Minwoo.”

“Yeah.” Jeongmin sighed softly. “I met Minwoo yesterday and he was so down.”

“What happened?” Hyunseong encouraged his lover to continue, watching Jeongmin pull away from him to give an animated talk.

“He got two-timed, that poor child. And he even got told he was too clingy! I wanted to murder that man.” The smaller man made a face, hands stretched out front of him to make a strangling posture. “Make sure he dies from hurting my best friend!”

“That's awful. Minwoo tried so hard to make it work...” Hyunseong pressed his lips together, shaking his head at the unfortunate event.

“...and so.” Jeongmin grinned, jumping onto Hyunseong's lap once more. “Do you have any good friend who might be interested in Minwoo?”

Hyunseong widened his eyes at the sudden question. “...you're going to play a matchmaker even though he just broke up?”

“Why not?” Jeongmin shrugged. “That guy's a bastard anyway, Minwoo needs to move on.”

“Um...but...”

“I'm sure your friends are as nice as you!” Jeongmin beamed cutely, leaning against Hyunseong's chest. “I'm sure they would like Minwoo who is almost as cute as me.”

Hyunseong scratched his head. Not only has he not seen Minwoo before, now he has to find that boy a new boyfriend.

“Anyway, come up with a list of gay friends you have and let me see their pictures. I'll choose one who's perfect for Minwoo.” Jeongmin half-commanded, a sly smirk spread across his face. He s his arms around Hyunseong's neck and sneaked a kiss, then pulling away a second later. “I know my man won't disappoint me!”

Hyunseong sighed, watching his boyfriend skip away after leaving him with a headache.

-

“Huh? These two are twins?” Jeongmin blinked. “They're kind of hot but I don't want Minwoo to date a walking migraine. What if he can't tell them apart?”

Hyunseong shrugged awkwardly. He didn't have many friends and had to make them go through a selection process they didn't even know about because of his boyfriend.

“Oh my god, he's so hot!” Jeongmin squealed, eyes twinkling.

Hyunseong winced, snatching the picture back.

“Of course you're hotter!” Jeongmin cooed, grabbing the picture back. “This man is perfect! Minwoo will love him! No, no, he will love Minwoo too, but he's a walking sculpture!”

“Are you really just gonna judge them by their looks?” Hyunseong pouted, glaring at the picture. He shouldn't have chose such a flattering picture.

“They are your friends, honey.” Jeongmin grinned, pressing a kiss against Hyunseong's lips. “If they do him wrong, I'll murder you.”

The older man flinched, watching Jeongmin's dangerous smile switch back to the innocent one.

“I'm sure they are just as lovely as you are. Let's meet him and talk to him a bit.” Jeongmin excitedly planned. “Minwoo wouldn't accept it if I told him I set him up for a blind date, but that kid's a er for “fate”. I'll just need to write a story of how they met.”

-

“So are you looking for a relationship?” Jeongmin crossed his arms with a stern expression, not bothering to greet the man who entered.

The man looked noticeably offended, glaring at Hyunseong.

“I'm sorry, hyung.” Hyunseong hurriedly apologised, nudging his boyfriend. “Donghyun-hyung's older than me by four years.”

Jeongmin widened his eyes and scurried to his feet with a deep bow. “Hello, nice to meet you.”

The man looked only slightly appeased, sighing and taking a seat.

“I'm sorry, you just look so young.” Jeongmin laughed, rubbing his chin thoughtfully after. “That makes you...six years older than Minwoo though...”

“What is this about, Hyunseong?” The man looked at Hyunseong sharply.

“Um...” The said man fidgeted, nudging his boyfriend.

“I heard you're gay.” Jeongmin started, ignoring the glare sent his way. “What? We're all gay here.”

“And what do you want with that knowledge?”

“I have a really cute guy waiting for you to date. What do you say about it, Donghyun-hyung?” Jeongmin proposed excitedly.

“I don't just date any guy you tell me to.” Donghyun made a face at the sudden drop of formalities from his friend's boyfriend. He turned to Hyunseong who gave a helpless smile. “I don't want to date an obnoxious guy either.”

“Minwoo's not obnoxious!” Jeongmin slammed the table, only sitting back down because Hyunseong made him.

“Well, he's your friend.”

Both Hyunseong and Jeongmim took that to offense, albeit a bit differently. They cowered slightly at Donghyun's hardened glare, though, keeping quiet.

“If there's nothing else-”

“Wait!” Jeongmin cut in. “I heard you haven't had a boyfriend for two years!”

“The things you tell him.” Donghyun gave Hyunseong a pointed look, and Jeongmin quickly intercepted it. “And?”

“It's cause you're super possessive and none of your boyfriend can stand that about you.” Jeongmin continued. “Minwoo's super clingy.”

Jeongmin watched Donghyun hesitate, quickly pulling out his phone. “And Minwoo looks like a doll!”

Donghyun watched Jeongmin swipe through his album, a pretty boy appearing in every photo. He chewed on his lower lip, before realising what he was doing and pulling a straight face once more.

“You're a top, right?” Jeongmin winked. “Minwoo's a bottom, no worries about bedroom fights.”

“Jeongmin!” Hyunseong face-palmed, twice as embarrassed as if being embarrassed on his boyfriend's stead.

“He's super submissive, that's why he gets hurt so much in relationships. He lets you bully the hell out of him until you tell him you want to break up.” Jeongmin sighed. “And I'm telling you all these because I'll murder you if you do the same. I'll just trust you 'cause you're Hyunseong-hyung's friend.”

“...” Donghyun tried not to look too persuaded. “How do you even know he'd like me?”

“Because you're smoking hot.” Jeongmin laughed at Hyunseong's jealous expression. “And he's very easy to please. Just feed him some fate story and he's sold. That's why, I'm here to write the story of how the both of you met.”

Donghyun coughed awkwardly, but leaned closer to listen carefully just in case.

-

“Are you sure it'll work?” A hushed voice.

“I knew him since he was a baby.” Another.

“Must we be like that?”

“I want a close-up view.”

Jeongmin and Hyunseong lowered their heads as Minwoo fiddled with his phone, waiting for Jeongmin to appear because he said he wanted to hang out more now that Minwoo's completely free.

Jeongmin felt his phone vibrate, ignoring the text sent his way asking about when he was going to arrive.

“When's Donghyun-hyung appearing?”

“Any minute from now, he just parked his car.”

Three heads turned to the door in anticipation, watching Donghyun enter in casual clothes but looking hella fine.

Donghyun surveyed the restaurant, watching two suspicious figures and his target on the neighbouring table. Strolling towards them, he put on a slight smirk as he saw Minwoo lower his head with a pink blush.

“Hey.” Donghyun stopped at Minwoo's table, watching the other slowly raise his head and blink cutely. “Did you come alone?”

Minwoo clutched his phone and quickly hid it. “Um...y-yeah.”

“Can I have a seat, then?” Donghyun smiled, eyes watching the smaller man intently.

“G-Go ahead.” He stuttered, lowering his head.

“Did he just choose Donghyun-hyung over me?” Jeongmin scrunched up his face. “Nope, I'm not taking this-”

“You're the one who set them up.” Hyunseong whispered, grabbing Jeongmin's wrist and resisting his movement.

“It's a nice day to be out.” Donghyun started, leaning forward and watching Minwoo back away slightly. “Even nicer that I found such a cutie to have a meal with me.”

Minwoo blushed brightly, playing with his fingers.

“Have you ordered anything?” Donghyun asked.

“N-No...”

“What would you like to eat? I'll treat you.”

Minwoo raised his head and hands, shaking them both quickly. “I-It's okay!”

“On the condition that we go on a date after this, that is.”

Minwoo widened his eyes, hands slowly falling back to his side. “...I would...love to...”

“...he's smooth.” Jeongmin stated thoughtfully. “A lot more forthright than you are.”

“...” Hyunseong sighed.

“Then that's it. What would you like to eat?” Donghyun raised his hand to call for a waitress.

“Anything you eat.” Minwoo offered a small timid smile, biting his lower lip.

“Your name?”

“M-Minwoo.”

“Donghyun. 27 this year.” Donghyun offered, then telling the waitress of his order. “Thanks.”

“I'm 21.” Minwoo fidgeted slightly.

“That's pretty young.” Donghyun shrugged. “I'll let you drop the formalities if you want to.”

“...Donghyun...hyung...” Minwoo tested, blushing when Donghyun smiled at him. “It's a...nice name...”

“Even nicer because you said it.” Donghyun leaned back on his seat and thought back vaguely to what he was briefed. “I almost thought to have lunch delivered to me.”

“Hm?”

“Must be fate that I decided last minute to eat here.”

Minwoo widened his eyes.

-

“Can you guys...” Jeongmin groaned. “...like...stop?”

Minwoo whined softly, heavily marked collarbone and stretched t-shirt pretty much summing up the situation.

“It's a movie night.” Hyunseong tried.

“Not a night.” Jeongmin gave Donghyun a deadpanned look. “I don't want to see you ing my best friend even though you're in your house.”

“Then get out or grab your own room.” Donghyun shot back icily.

Minwoo gasped sharply, pressing closer to his boyfriend. “H-Hyung...”

“Hm?” Donghyun hummed, Minwoo's body with hands that wandered underneath the younger's clothes.

“B-Be n-nicer to J-Jeongmin-hyung...” Minwoo shuddered. “H-He went t-to such t-trouble t-to...”

“What did I say about calling another man's name?” Donghyun smirked, pressing a rough kiss against Minwoo's lips and ignoring the displeased grunts from the other two.

“I'm his best friend, you bastard!” Jeongmin yelled. “Haven't you ed him all day yesterday?”

“L-Let's watch a m-movie, h-hyung...” Minwoo managed cutely, when the older man bit down on his collarbone once more.

“Yeah.” Donghyun smirked agreeably. “Let's watch a movie. I want a 3000 words review on it.”

Jeongmin was about to thank God when Donghyun suddenly stood up to his pants.

“Let's see how much you can concentrate on it when you should be concentrating on me.”

Hyunseong grabbed his boyfriend and took shelter in another room.

-

I wanted to write something light 'cause my other fic's getting heavy.

IDEA FROM goszkasmall :
oh i think maybe dongwoo at arranged date? I mean some couple (one of them is a donghyun's friend and the other - minwoo's) made them meet on some blind date (i won't be angry if this couple will be jeongseong for example cough cough)~~

Love to my 43 subscribers and 6 commenters!