Just Another Day

Just a Child

------------------------------ Just Another Day
Donghyun and Minwoo as a pair of friends-turned-lovers-but-kinda-still-friends lovers
Universe 6

Donghyun had came home from a sleepover at Minwoo’s place because sleepovers aren’t gay as hell. His cute-but-sometimes-so-freaking-whiny boyfriend managed to put him at gunpoint with a “you better come over, or else” last night when the thunderstorms hit their city. So Donghyun was all like “man, aren’t you too old to be scared of thunders” and the threat came rolling in.

“I think you’re the reason why people come up with so many bad stereotypes of homouals.” Donghyun sighed when he appeared at Minwoo’s doorstep with some comfort food Minwoo forced him to buy.

“You signed yourself up for this.” Minwoo replied carelessly, more interested in the ice-cream and whether or not it was his favourite flavour. The thunder made him yelp, and he hurriedly dragged the older man in to close the door on the bad weather. “You want to watch some movie?”

Sleepovers at Minwoo’s isn’t all that bad, since the guy makes some proper breakfast in the morning and there’s someone to cuddle with at night. But Donghyun wasn’t searching for that sort of relationship. Just some non-committal one where they can hook up or break up whenever they liked. Minwoo had that sort of view too, so they agreed to be friends-turned-lovers until someone else catches their attention.

(Yep, Donghyun wasn’t looking for a relationship with romantic gestures like a bouquet of roses or tons of selfies taken and posted to the Internet. So Minwoo sometimes do stupid things like buying a cake for their anniversary just to piss him off.)

Movie night soon ended and the day came around. Minwoo made him a breakfast with piping hot rice and some homemade soup before sending him off on his way.

All was well until Donghyun remembered he was waiting for a message from his boss about some job at work. He searched high and low and by the time he had the wisdom to call for it with his spare phone, he was being laughed at by his very kind boyfriend.

“That’s so stupid. You can come over and collect it because I’m not going over.” Minwoo hummed over the phone, probably doing some silly gardening.

“Really? You can call me in the night and expect me to go over but you won’t bring my phone to me?” Donghyun replied dryly, forgetting that he should not offend the younger if he still wanted his phone.

“Of course.” And Donghyun could see Minwoo shrug with some smug face plastered on. “So do you want your phone or not?”

Groaning, because he really pretty much just reached home, Donghyun slipped on his shoes and headed out again. He managed to get his phone and finish up the work his boss messaged him about, but then his boyfriend decided to drop him a very queer message.

Are you just dense, or are you stupid?

“What the hell?” Donghyun cursed, typing a quick reply and finally exiting from the text message application. His background was always so soothing – a mix of faded colours- wait, what?

He hurriedly swiped the screen till the end and managed to see his boyfriend’s cute face spanned across the screen. Wincing, Donghyun lock his screen and decided it’d be easy enough to delete it later.

Wait, maybe now.

And then his lock screen lit up to show ANOTHER obnoxious picture of Minwoo making a kissy face with a post-it note attached to his other hand, the words “Donghyun is stupid.” written on it.

So when Donghyun was trying to find his previous lock and home screen pictures, he had to go through 212 selfies taken with half an hour. The last one was just text, so Donghyun decided to see what sort of message his boyfriend decided to leave him through a photo.

“Be thankful to your parents. I took 212 selfies just ‘cause your birthday’s on Feb 12. If it was in October, you’d have a 1000 over photos to delete.”

“Why, thank you.” Donghyun rolled his eyes, determined to change his phone password for the nth time.

(Some days, when his cute boyfriend just turns out to be so unbelievably cute, even though Donghyun was never a fan of cute, the words “I love you.” lingers at his lips and he wonders if he would like to make it all out official. Familiarity was comfortable. Minwoo was comfortable.)

(But when these sort of things happen, Donghyun sure is glad he didn't let those stupid thoughts consume him.)

-

This was something short. I posted it on tumblr and decided it fitted with the universe too so why not.
I'm lazy, yeah, I know it too HAHA.
I added a small part at the end though! Like atonement for my sin HAHA.
Love to the 18 subscribers and 3 commenters ^^