18TH GLIMPSE: SUNNY

a glimpse of heaven

TIFFANY'S POV

I called mom a while ago. I asked how she was doing. It's so nice to hear her voice again. I miss her. 

But I can't go back. I haven't talked to Siwon yet. 

I thought about the girl I met at the hospital.

I hadn't gotten her number. Pabo Fany.

I smiled to myself. 

Sunny.

 

ONE YEAR AGO IN AMERICA

 

"Mom, I'm bored here. Can I at least go outside and take a walk?" Ever since that attack last week, mon decided to confine me in the hospital.

"Okay. I'll ask permission from the doctor first. Wait here." She smiled. Mom really loves me a lot.

 

It's so nice to have a walk in a very lovely day.

"Yah! Put me down pabo!" I heard a girl scream. I looked around and saw a girl being carried off by a boy.

"Stop moving! You'll fall and it'll be my fault. Aish!" I heard him shout at her.

I instantly ran towards them and tried scolding the boy.

"Hey, what are you doing to her?! Put her down."

"Oh, ah. Sorry about that. It's nothing to worry about. " the girl smiled as she tried explaining.

"But you were shouting and he suddenly carried you. And you asked him to put you down." I asked confused.

The boy, no, it was actually a grown up guy who looks like a little boy started to talk.

"Mianhe. About that, she doesn't want to go in yet. She's been out here for more than an hour now. It's time for her to rest." the boy smiled as the girl held her hand.

"Actually, this guy here is my boyfriend. He really takes good care of me, so when I'm being stubborn, he does anything to make me obey." I can see how much they love each other. The simple exchange of glances is  enough proof.

"Oh, is that it? I'm sorry for bothering you two. And for accusing you." I bowed down to both of them.

"It's nothing to worry about. By the way, I'm Sunny." the girl gave me her hand and I shook it.

"Sungmin's my name. It's nice to meet you." He also extended his hand and I shook it as well.

 

From that day, we became friends. It's so nice to have someone you know when you're somewhat in an uncomfortable place.

 

This day seems different. I should know, right? Sungmin's going to propose today.

"Sunny-ah. I don't want to be you boyfriend anymore. I'm sorry." Sungmin faced her, void of any emotions.

"WHAT?! You're going to leave me? Is it because I'm going to die sooner or later?" She pouted. She's so cute. 

"Aniyo, pabo! Who says you're gonna die. If you die, who will wear this ring, and marry me, and be the mother of my children!"

He took out a ring from his pocket. He knelt infront of her, and placed it on her finger.

Sunny and I gasped. I knew he was proposing. But I didn't know it will be this exciting and touching.

I saw tears in Sunny's eyes. No words were needed. It has been a solid yes.

 

"How is Sunny's condition?" I went to her room. It has been a month since she was in comma.

A month after the proposal, they had been so happy. Everyday, I was a witness to their love.

They got married at the chapel, somewhat informal, yet, there was God's blessing.

In the eyes of the people and God, they are married.

A month later, Sunny was caught into coma. Her body is getting weaker.

Tha cancer had spread, affecting her nervous system. 

The doctor said that she can still survive if in 6 months she'll wake up.

But after, she is considered brain dead. Only the machine gives her life.

 

"Just like before. I know she's still fighting." Sungmin's fear and sadness can be heard from his voice.

"I'm going back to Korea in a week's time. I wanted to talk with you and Sunny before I leave."

 

For the past few days before my flight to Korea, I would always visit them. Even though Sunny was in coma, we know that she can hear us. 

 

The day for my flight came. I visited the hospital before heading to the airport.

"I'll miss you guys. Sunny-ah, I know you can make it! Fighting!" I smiled, even though I can feel the tears forming in my eyes.

"Have a safe trip Fany-ssi. I hope you'll fulfull your "mission". Fighting!" Sungmin's last words were words of encouragement that added to my confidence.

"Thank you. If you need me, you could ask for my number from the nurses station. I asked them to give it to you if you need it."

 

Sungmin hasn't contacted me yet. I hope Sunny has awaken now. I want them to be happy.

 

END OF TIFFANY'S POV

 

~`~`~`~

wondering why sunny and sungmin are there?

well, just because i love them. haha

actually, they would play an important role in the story.

watch out for them.