12TH GLIMPSE: ALWAYS BEEN THERE

a glimpse of heaven

 

 
SIWON'S POV
 
"Oppa, I love you!" she came running into my arms.
 
I can feel her warmth against me. That warmth I came to know so well.
 
"I love you too. Even I after you left, I still love you. "
 
"No you don't. You don't anymore. You keep telling that to yourself, remember?"
 
 
KRIIING...KRIIING...
 
 
Ever since she came back, I can't seem to forget her. It's as if she came back to haunt me.
 
I already told myself many times, over and over agaian, that I won't feel anything for her.
 
But now, I end up dreaming about her. Imagining those what ifs.
 
...if she'd come and tell me how much she missed me
 
...if she'd tell me she still loves me
 
...if I would take her back and tell her how much I've missed her
 
...if I'd tell her, I'm falling for her again
 
 
 
It had been a habit of mine to go for a walk to the park every morning. I would stay there and enjoy the morning breeze after a short walk from the house.
 
I would have asked Yoona to come with me but I'm not in the mood for her petty jealousy when I greet the people I'd pass by.
 
Yoona had been a great girlfriend when we started with our relationship. But as time goes by, she's becoming more possessive that I feel I'm suffocating already. She would come up to those girls who would try to befriend me. She would snarl at those who would try to talk to me. She would even try anything just to get me away from my friends just so she could spend time with me, showing me off to her girlfriends as if I'm some kind of trophy.
 
"Siwon oppa is so handsome right? I bet no one can ever surpass him. I'm so lucky. You must all be jealous."
 
 
 
I looked around at the familiar view of the park. There were people jogging, some just walking. A group of peple were having a picnic for breakfast. Some walking their dogs and some just chatting. My eyes stopped glancing when I saw a very familiar face. She was sitting by the bench, watching a group of children playing.
 
She looks so deep in her thoughts that she was startled when a kid got tripped and cried.
 
She stood up from her position and went towards the little boy. I don't think she knows what to do. 
 
 
 
I came closer to see them up close. I know she isn't fond of kids. I wonder what she'll do.
 
"Are you okay? Do you want me to call an ambulance?!" she was panicking. The boy is starting to cry.
 
"Hey there big guy. Why are you crying?" I approached the boy, earning a gasp from Tiffany.
 
"I tripped and I have a wound. See?" I smiled at the little boy.
 
"You know, a real man will be able to overcome any pain if he wants to. Are you a real man?" I didn't mean to put any extra meaning to my words but I saw her flinched at the statement. I just ignored it and let her think that way.
 
"I am. See, I'm not crying anymore. I am a real man. Just like you. I can tell that you never cry. You look like a real man too. When I grow up, I wanna be just like you! Thank you hyung." he stated. I can see that he'll be a good man he grows up.
 
He looked up at Tiffany who was silent for a while. "Sorry for the trouble Noona." she just smiled at him and patted his head.
 
The boy left and went back to his friends after waving goodbye.
 
END OF SIWON'S POV
 
 
 
The silence in the air was deafening. No one tried to talk. They just stood there, aknowledging the fact that after what happened between them, there was still something that has always been there.
 
 
~`~`~`~`~`
 
sorry for a very late update. as usual, i have stuffs to do.
 
back to school next week. i'll try updating daily.
 
thank you for reading again.