9TH GLIMPSE: THE TRUTH (PART 1)

a glimpse of heaven

After Siwon left the park, they immediately went to Tiffany to check on her.

"Fany, are you okay? We didn't know he'll be coming to the park today." Yuri asked, worry evident in her tone.

"I'm fine Yuri-ah. It's kind of normal for me now." TIffany didn't know how to confess about her condition.

"Why? Is there something you're not telling us?" Taeyeon just had to ask. It was really bothering her ever since she came back.

"Yes, actually, there is. I've been  keeping it for a year now." she started.

"And that is the reason why she left a year ago." Heechul added, seeing how uncomfortable Tiffany was becoming.

 

FLASHBACK

It was almost the end of summer. School is about to  begin again. Tiffany will be in her last year of College soon.

She excited about graduating the next year. Finally, she'd be able to fulfill her dreams with Siwon.

 

It was a hot summer day and she was left alone at the villa. She lives with her bestfriends, Taeyeon and Yuri. The villa was a small cottage they put up together that became their sort of boarding house during school. They currenlty live in different parts of Korea, but since they go to the same college in Seoul, they decided to live there together.

 

She was cleaning the house when suddenly, she felt a sudden pain in her chest. The pain was so intense that she can't move. She slowly let herself slide off the wall to prevent hurting herself. She was also having difficulty of breathing.

A few second passed and the pain slowly subsided. She felt relieved but scared at the same time.

 

Without second thoughts, she decided to go to the hospital for a check-up.

She remembered that her grandfather died due to heart failure and she knows that genes is a risk factor for heart failure.

 

She reached the hospital in about 30 mins. and was able to meet with the doctor. She had gone certain tests and was currently waiting for the results.

A few hours later, the nurse called her and was asked to meet the doctor again for the analysis of the results.

 

"Ms. Hwang, according to the lab results, you have a risk for CHF or Congestive Heart Failure. It is a condition wherein the heart is not able to pump enough oxygenated blood into your system." the doctor started to explain.

"My grandfather actually died due to heart failure. I've heard that it can be genetic." she supplied.

"Yes Ms, Hwang, it is a major risk factor, and a non-modifiable one. There is an increased chance of you having an atack."

"Mainly, there are two types of heart failure: left-sided heart failure and right-sided heart failure. In your case, you are having the left-sided heart failure, which usually occurs first. (NOTE: the explaination for CHF is quite long, so you can search the net for further information. Thank you!).

For the next couple of hours, the doctor has told Tiffany everything she has to know about her condition. She bid the doctor goodbye and gave her thanks.

 

On the way back to the villa, she couldn't help herself but feel miserable. She decided to go to the shore to let her tears flow freely from her eyes.

 

She thought to herself, Why now? Can it not wait until I finally settled in with Siwon. At least by that time, I'm mature enough to take care of myself, not to be a burden to him...

After crying for an hour, she decided to go home. She made sure that no signs of her crying can be seen.

 

"Where have you been Fany? I've been worried." Taeyeon-unnie came rushing towards me. Yuri peered through the kitchen.

"I just went to the beach to get some fresh air. It was quite boring here without you two here." Tiffany joked. 

"You could have told me you'd be bored. I could have said no to Teukie when he called." Taeyeon said, pouting.

"Yeah. And I could have taken a break from stalking Yesung and his Ddangkoma." Yuri walked out from the kitchen.

"Taeyeon-unnie's reason why she left is good enough, but yours, it's kinda weird." Tiffany laughed as Yuri pouted .

 

Ever since she learned of her condition, she was starting to feel weaker every single day. Siwon, noticing her current state was becoming more worried.

"Fany-ah, are you okay. You seem tired lately." Siwon cupped her face in his hand. Tiffany smiled.

"I'm fine. Just a little tired maybe." She leaned her head on Siwon's shoulder.

"If there is anything you want to tell me, I'd listen. Don't keep things to yourself. Remember, I'm always here." Siwon kissed the top of her head. It made her smile, yet sad at the same time.

 

The months went by quickly and Tiffany is becoming more anxious. Everyday that she's with Siwon, he would always ask her what her problem is. She would always deny and keeps telling him she was okay. Living each day, lying to him is eating up her conscience. 

She was afraid that if he knew she was sick, he'd stop loving her. Thinking that the woman he loves is going to die soon, it is pointless to have a relationship with someone who's life is slowly ticking away.

She was afraid of hurting him. She knows that ih she'll pass away, Siwon will be in so much pain and agony.

She was afraid of breaking her promise. She remembered when Siwon's mother died.

~`~`~`~`~

i made the confession into two parts.

it's kinda weird, for me to write a long chapter. keke