Falling Action

Are We Really One?

Minseok started to shake, dropping his phone on the  ground as he stared at the two. Yixing was the first to notice as he crossed over and hugged the older.

 

"What's wrong hyung? Why are you shaking?" He asked, rubbing the older's arms as he tried to get him to speak.

 

Junmyeon sat up, facing Minseok as he picked up the older's phone. He grimly told Yiixng to leave as he passed the phone to Minseok. Yixing looked at both in confusion.

 

"But hyung–" 

 

"No buts Yixing, thank you for everything but I need to speak with Minseok hyung privately." 

 

He watched the Chinese male leave, looking down at the floor before shifting his attention to the older's eyes. 

 

"Minseok–" As soon as those words left his mouth, Minseok launched himself into the arms of the leader. Junmyeon hesitantly wrapped his arms around him, listening to Minseok's heart race along with the small shakes of his body. He silently rubbed the older's back, sighing softly as Minseok began to cry. The soft hiccups and tear staining caused Junmyeon's heart to ache. What had caused Minseok so much pain?

 

"Please tell me what's wrong." He softly pleaded, mumbling against the older's hair as he cried more. Junmyeon let Minseok bury into him, soft shakes and little whimpers escaping his mouth from time to time. It's not like  he hasn't noticed how changed Minseok became after the member's left. He knew something was up but it wasn't any of his right to ask the older considering Minseok is older.

So he waited until Minseok calmed down. He rubbed the older's back before Minseok pulled away. He rubbed at his eyes while his nose turned pink. He stared down at the floor, sniffling. Junmyeon swallowed his saliva, running his fingers through his own hair. He silently wished Minseok wouldn't get up and leave, it would leave him curious and distraught. 

 

"Well...you see–" he took a deep breath, closing his eyes as he let the remaining words slip, "I used to date Lu and it's killing me now that he isn't here."

 

Junmyeon's mind went blank as he soaked in the new information. He stared at the other who hung his head. "You what?" He asked, eyes widening as he repeated the words in his mind. 

 

"I dated him– Well...he dated me considering I didn't really...care." He cringed internally, the words sounding worse out than in his mind. He had known how much of a horrible lover he was, if he could even call himself that. What reason was there for him to even cry about Lu now? He's gone and out of the country. Left with so much of a smile and a hug. But Minseok shouldn't care. He shouldn't cry over him. He shouldn't feel guilty. He should feel anything for Lu. But why was he starting to? Why was he starting to miss the hidden kisses? The small lingering touches? The dates and even the little time they had to themselves to do anything? Why was it impacting him so much?

He waited patiently for Junmyeon to say something, anything! But he was dead silent, eyes blinking as he furrowed his eyebrows. 

 

"I know that it's...an eyesore to see two guys together..." He bit his lip, sighing softly as he hung his head, "but when Yixing kissed your temple, it reminded me of when Lu used to give me warm kisses when I appeared sad or mad. I know we're not supposed to be together because it's not right. And I know that it's taboo talking about our ex members but..I just can't help it. Junmyeon, I miss him so much and it's not like–" He was starting to cry again, "I fed off his fame and I even faked all my emotions but now...I just really miss him and is it possible to like someone whom you didn't like in the beginning?" 

 

Junmyeon stared at Minseok's brown eyes which started to water, He nodded slowly, making sure the older heard him. "Yes, it is possible," he started off slowly, gulping, "and it's totally fine for me that you and Lu had something going on when he was still here.  It's fine but what you did in return is incredibly wrong. Minseok, why would you do that to him? Lu was one of the nicest members out there, even more so with you!" 

 

Junmyeon took Minseok's hands in his, warming them up as he spoke; "It's okay hyung. Everything will be okay. You can talk to me if you ever feel like this again. It's not bad but I sincerely hope you speak to him and tell him what you really feel." He gave a small smile, squeezing the older's hands before letting go. Minseok stared at Junmyeon's self-less eyes and enveloped the younger in another hug. 

 

"I'm sorry and thank you. You deserve so much better than us and I'm sorry you have to deal with everything. It's not fair and like you said...you can talk to me. I'm here now. I won't let Sehun hurt you, or the rest." 

 

All he recieved was a warm smile from the leader before leaving the room so Junmyeon could rest. 

Leaving the room, all eyes were on him. Jongin got up and raced towards Minseok, "Is he alright?" He asked, voice laced with panic. 

 

"Yes, he's just resting. I'd advise all of you to leave him alone," he looked at all of them, eyes hardening, "no need to 'worry'." He finished, turning around and going into his own room, leaving the remaining members, besides Sehun, shocked by his sudden behavior. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


should i finish this soon or keep going? what else do you guys want?