There is no return anymore

Only One Minute - Flowers Die

 

 

Minute Two - A single black rose        


 

 

A single black rose, the symbol of death.

Black itself is a color which is associated with the passing away of people but nothing had such an impact as a black rose, roses are supposed to bring its receiver a good feeling but black roses bring the exact opposite. They stand for the ending of a relationship or even the ending of a precious life. 

Honestly Sunggyu didn't know about it but he didn't care either, he hated roses. Whether they be black, red or yellow Sunggyu hated them from the bottom of his heart; he used to bring his mother a bouquet of her so loved roses once in a while and his usual present for her always included a beautiful bouquet of roses but now Sunggyu didn't even want to look at them. They were beautiful but even such a beautiful thing as a dark red rose will lose its beauty eventually and die. Flowers die; that's just how it is and Sunggyu didn't want to think about the death anymore.

 

He felt so empty, so helpless as if his soul had left him the moment he heard about the tragically death of his best friend, his adviser, his mood maker simply his mother. He felt even more of his previous life running trough his fingers as he entered the train which was heading to the capital, the capital of South Korea; Seoul.

He had a lot of stuff carefully packed into suitcases and bags which were filled with memories the only things he had left. As he was searching for the things he would need in his new 'home' so Mrs. Nam, Sunggyu came across a little book and Sunggyu felt his tears running down his cheeks again, he found a dairy of his mother but only the first page was used but still Sunggyu was happy, sad and scared at the same moment. He wanted to know the last thoughts , the last written words of her but he was scared to break even more so he decided to let himself be a coward and look at it some other time.

Actually it wasn't such a bad idea to not look at it now since it wouldn't be the best to start crying in a train filled with people he didn't know.

He sat next to Mrs. Nam and only next to her which he was really thankful for but there was this deadly silence hanging in the air and Sunggyu hated it, he wanted to talk but his mouth simply didn't move. Nothing did what he wanted it to do, nothing was alright anymore even though Mrs. Nam told him so often; but in the end nothing will be alright, never again.

 

But Sunggyu was calmed to know that he wasn't fully alone anymore, he was still left in a world filled with humans which looked all the same, didn't care about a such small things as a death of a single person; which had no heart at all or only one made of stone but Sunggyu knew Mrs. Nam wouldn't leave him all alone. She proved it in the two weeks they had spent together and honestly speaking Sunggyu didn't know if he would still be  alive if she hadn't been around him. And once again she seemed to feel what the younger boy was feeling since she embraced him loving and his hair before she started to talk about her son, she wanted to bring the mind of her lost Sunggyu to brighter thoughts.

 

"Sunggyu darling how about I tell you something about my son? I can tell you some secrets about him too if you like you could use them against him someday."- She chuckled lightly continuing to the youngers hair, he nodded lightly and that was the cue for her to continue.

"So as you already know his name is Woohyun, Nam Woohyun. He is two years younger than you which means he is still sweet 17 so don't hesitate to from time to time, he needs it anyway. He is a real Casanova at school but a greasy boy at home be aware of that, don't let yourself be fooled by him he's a great actor. Just as I mentioned he is a really loving person, he wants to be loved and wants to give others love so don't be surprised if he will drown you with his attention and cheesiness. If he likes you a lot you will notice and do you know why I'm telling you this? Why I'm literally warning you about the habits of my greasy tree?"- She grinned never stopping to the youngers hair with careful movements.

He shook his head, his voice still refusing to function properly but Mrs. Nam understood.

"He will surely like you darling, no one can resist your charm! So don't tell me later on I didn't warn you okay?"- She giggled and managed to bring a small smile on the younger's face.

The whole journey  filled with stories about Woohyun and Mrs. Nam didn't hesitate to spill one or another story about her son which will most likely embarrass him if he would find out her telling someone. From time to time a small smile found its way onto Sunggyu's sleepy face and she was feeling like they could do this together, it would need a lot of time and help but she was determine to help Sunggyu. She would do everything in her power to help his wounds to heal faster, she promised his mother and Mrs. Nam was surely going to keep that promise.

 

After some while Sunggyu eventually fell asleep with his head resting on her shoulder, searching for some warmth. Sunggyu used to be a heavy sleeper, a truck could crush into his room and he wouldn't notice but nowadays he couldn't fall asleep nor have a peaceful sleep to regain his energy but how should he? After all what happened. Therefore Mrs. Nam was glad to see that the young man was sleeping soundly on her shoulder and had around three hours left to sleep before they would reach Seoul.

The three hours flew by in a blink of an eye and Mrs. Nam almost felt bad for waking Sunggyu but they had to leave the train. She shook him lightly and was nearly surprised as the younger opened his eyes immediately after she touched his arm; he rubbed his eyes cutely trying to rub away the tiredness but it didn't really help, he was still tired. He looked up with big eyes at Mrs. Nam and she smiled warmly wishing him a good morning and ask if he had a good rest.

They took all hand luggage with them and got the big suitcases as well in the end they had around six suitcases of different size standing or lying around them, they shared a quick look before they headed to the car, which was fortunately parked not far away from the train station .

It was like playing tetris but only in big to get all the stuff into one small car but they managed the seemingly impossible, after they placed the last item in the trunk they drove to family Nam's house. During the ride Sunggyu looked out of the window, observing the new sights. He had never been in Seoul before but he always wanted to go there. The ride itself wasn't really long and after what felt like 10 minutes they arrived at a beautiful house.

The house walls are painted with a light creamy white color, it had a lot of windows big as well as small once and a great garden infront of it with lots of flowers in various colors and kinds, even a little fountain was in the middle of the garden right beside two beautiful white vintage style benches.

Sunggyu was amazed by the look of the house and all around so he didn't even notice that Mrs. Nam had turn of the engine and was looking at him with a wide grin.

"Sunggyu darling we are here so let's get out of the car and get your stuff upstairs~"

"O-okay"- Sunggyu answered and was nearly happy that his voice finally came out even though it was a little broke but better than nothing. They got off of the car and only seconds later a sweet voice was heard from the front door as well as fast steps. Sunggyu slowly turned around to look for the source of the noise and was faced by a good-looking boy and a handsome man, Sunggyu looked with a nearly pleading look to Mrs. Nam who got the hint immediately.

"Oh yeah sorry darling, look this his my lovely husband, don't be scared to ask him what ever you want he won't bite you."- She said and pointed to her husband who nodded with a charming smile resting on his lips.

"And this i-"- She began but was interrupted by her son which she was about to introduce.

"I'm Woohyun but you can call me what ever you want, nice to meet you~"- He introduced himself rather brightly and hoped he would lift the mood a bit, he knew he should tell his condolence instead of trying to be a mood maker but just only look at the older's pain filled face as he turned around was enough for Woohyun to decide against the thought of offer his condolence. He didn't want to remind the older to events which he would hurt him, which he would like to forget and Woohyun was sure it was the right decision as the older showed him a small smile.

"I'm Kim Sunggyu and I'm so thankful towards you all to let me stay with you even though I'm more or less a stranger to you all."- Sunggyu said with small voice and was shocked as he felt somebody hugging him tightly and only be the feeling of it he knew it wasn't Mrs. Nam.

"You're no stranger, I know you! We all know you. Let's go so I can show you your room; it's directly next to mine~"- Woohyun sing-songed and took Sunggyu's hand to pull the older inside.

"S-shouldn't I help with the suitcases?"- Sunggyu asked unsure as he was pulled further away form the car.

"No, no they can do it alone I'm sure. I want to show you around the house first and of course your room by the way I chose the furniture I hope you'll like it."- Woohyun smiled from one ear to the other and Sunggyu had to admit that he kind of liked the smile of the younger.

It took Woohyun around half an hour to show him the whole house and the last stop was Sunggyu's room, Woohyun opened the white wooden door while whispering  a 'Tadahh'. The room was really bright, with creamy white colored walls just as the color of the house but it had a few green lines at the upper part of the wall. The furniture itself was in light brown and looked really modern, a big bed probably king-size was standing in the middle of the room with a little nightstand right next to it. Underneath a big window, with a great view to the garden, a desk was standing and on the wall a big wardrobe all in all the room was really nice and Sunggyu surely liked it, he liked it a lot and best about it, it wasn't even a bit like the room he had in his home.

Woohyun was standing next to him observing him and just like Sunggyu had felt he was looked at he turned around to face the younger.

"Do you like it?"

"Y-yeah it's great, I really like it. Thank you so much."-Sunggyu answered taken aback with slightly wet eyes trying hard to keep his emotions in.

"You are very welcome, come let's go down stairs I bet dinner's already finish, my dad cooked it so I can't promise you that it taste but he put a lot of effort in it. I would have cooked but he didn't let me, I cook great...whatever let's go."- Woohyun pouted at first but let the pout be replaced by a grin.

They walked down and indeed dinner was already ready to be served, they had a lovely dinner and talked a lot even though Sunggyu didn't talk that much he heard a lot of stories and enjoyed the presents of everyone. They were a nice family and Sunggyu was simply thankful that he was able to stay with them.

After the dinner Sunggyu helped Mrs. Nam cleaning up to which she was happy for.

"You don't have to help me, look at my lazy son he never does."- She giggled as she took the next plate to clean it.

"I want to, I-I want to at least help you. Thank y-you so much."- He sobbed lightly overwhelmed by his own feelings.

"Darling don't cry. You are so welcome and from now on this is your home too."- Mrs. Nam hugged him tight even though she still had wet hands from washing the plates but a t-shirt can be washed therefore she didn't care. They stayed a bit like that until Sunggyu had calmed down again, she whipped the last tear drop from his cheeks and told him to watch some tv with her son and husband what he did.

Sunggyu spent all his day downstairs sitting next to Woohyun watching some Tv series he had never seen before and if he's honest he didn't really remember a thing the series was about. He wasn't sitting long next to the slightly younger boy as he drifted up into dreamland with his head resting on the younger's shoulder but Woohyun didn't mind anyway.

Only hours later he woke up again, it was already really late so he had to go up to his room to continue his sleeping in there but he really didn't want to be alone, up in the room all the pieces of his old life, his life with his mother were only waiting for him to give him a hard time ,to give him nightmares therefore he didn't want to be alone but he couldn't possibly tell the others about them, they already took him in so he shouldn't be to greedy.

He was accompanied by Woohyun after they said good night to Woohyun's parents. They walked up the stairs and Woohyun opened the door once again for Sunggyu, in the middle of the room a lot of bags were either standing or lying and Sunggyu could feel his heart being pressed together only by looking at it.

"Hyung do you want help from me with unpacking? Or should I take one or another of the bags up to the attic?"- Woohyun asked concern but Sunggyu only shook his head telling him he would be fine doing it alone and wishing him a good night.

Woohyun walked out of the room with a bad feeling in his stomach but he had no other choice as to leave Sunggyu alone if the older wished so, he can check on him later anyway.

 

So now Sunggyu was standing alone in the middle of the room for at least five minutes without taking a step forwards or backwards he was like frozen. But eventually he made his way to one of the suitcases but with extremely heavy steps, he kneed down to open the zipper of the bag with trembling fingers and was scared that the first thing he would see was something from his mother but it wasn't, the whole thing was filled with his clothes and only his clothes and he was so relived. The put all the clothes into the wardrobe before he opened the next bag with a heavy heart and angst written all over his face. But it was once again only a bag full of clothes, he was relieved but only until he noticed the small book in between  a few t-shirts.

It was the dairy he was to scared to read but now he was alone and he wanted to be strong, he wanted to know what was written in so he opened it but his brave was whipped away the moment he say the hand written which was absolutely from his mother.

He swallowed loud and closed his eyes for a moment telling himself 'You can do it, be strong' like it was a mantra and after a while he opened his eyes again to read the few lines which were written in it.

Only by the look on the date above the written lines he knew she wrote it on the day she died and from then one Sunggyu couldn't stop his tears from running down anymore, they only rolled down more as he  began to read.

 

Dear Diary,

gosh it's nearly funny that I still have a diary but sometimes I simply need to write down things so I don't forget anyways, my little baby still has his 'I treat you with a cold shoulder' thing going but mommy knows that you love her~ You can't fool me.

I know I should tell him this more often instead of writing it down in some silly dairy but baby even though I know you will not read this because yeah you don't even know your old lady has such a thing but I really love you. You  are the best thing I have in my life and with you in my life I don't need anymore. Mommy is so proud of you, you've grown to such a handsome man I sometimes wonder if you're really my chubby cheek little boy or if you're someone else. You're so intelligent and you are always willing to help. I'm so blessed to have a son like you~

But I'm so sorry that you had to grow up without a father in your life and that you always had to look out for me even though you're still so young. Aigoo I'm so a bad mother...Anyway let's watch an awesome movie together and I make your favorite food. That's going to be fun~

Mommy loves you don't you ever forget that!

 

 

Sunggyu couldn't stop his tears from falling he didn't had the will either. He was sitting in the corner of the room reading it again and again and each word hurt so much to read, it felt like his heart was ripped out of his chest. He was a crying and sobbing mess and it didn't look like he would stop crying any soon. He was so focused in crying that he didn't notice that the door was opened but he surely noticed the person as it entered.

"Oh my God, I knew I shouldn't leave you alone! I had a bad feeling anyway, don't cry Sunggyu hyung; everything will be alright, trust me."- Woohyun immediately run to the broken boy and embraced him. He tried to calm the older and rocked him from one side to another, continuing to whisper calming words but it didn't really help.

"I-I miss h-her so much."- Sunggyu muttered in between another long sob and Woohyun felt like crying too.

"I...w-what sh-should I do without h-her?"- Sunggyu continued and Woohyun rubbed cycles on the back of the older, saying nothing so the older could simply say everything which was making his heart even heavier.

"She was the only family I h-had and now even she left me. I'm...I'm feeling so h-helpless and so alone , I..I know it's selfish of me to say b-but that's just how I feel. I don't want to be a-alone, please don't leave me too."- Sunggyu sobbed and started to cried hard at the end, his greatest fear was it to be all alone in the end even without Mrs. Nam or her husband or Woohyun.

Woohyun embraced him tighter and Sunggyu hugged him back for the first time hiding his face in the youngers chest, after a few minutes Woohyun pulled away and placed his hands carefully on Sunggyu's cheeks to whip the tears away.

"I promise, I won't let you alone. You will never be alone. I will look after you where ever you go so don't be frightened to be left behind, I will look for you."- Woohyun assumed him with calm voice and determination in his eyes.

"r-really?"

"Yes really, pinky promise."- He said and stretched out his pinky finger for the older. They mad a pinky promise and Sunggyu slowly stopped to cry which Woohyun was utterly happy for.

"So since it's already I think two in the morning how about we go sleeping?"- Woohyun asked with a sweet voice pulling Sunggyu carefully up so he was also standing.

"Please don't l-leave."- Sunggyu whispered facing the floor as it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"I didn't plan to do so, which side would you like to sleep on; left or right?"- Woohyun asked playful and walked to the bed.

 

In the end the question about which side to sleep was unnecessary since they ended up sleeping hugging each other and Sunggyu was feeling save for the first time since his mother left him.

 

 



 

Hihi hello guys~~

I'm back with the next chapter~ Namu entered the whole thing now and even though it's still more sad than anything other it will be brighter but I really try to write things realistic if you know what I mean, so please be a bit patient with me

But I'm sure you had felt the woogyu already, right? kkkkk

Hope you like it and thank you for reading&subscribing&leaving comments

Love you allllll <3

(word count approx 3600--> originally I didn't plan it to be so long x,D)