Silence which will never end

Only One Minute - Flowers Die

 

 

Minute One - Flower arrangements        


 

 

 

Sunggyu was never lonely not even once although all he had left to call his family was his mother, but it was okay, he was used to it. He didn't need a father in his life as long as he had his beloved mother by his side.

Sunggyu had a really strong bond with his mother since she was the only person he know he could trust and could relay on, he loved her with all his heart and so did she.

His mother was a really beautiful and pure woman, she always worked hard to rise her only son without any help from others. She was only 19 years old as she gave birth to Sunggyu but she never regret the decision to keep her baby even though her parents told her she could never step back into their house; indeed after she gave birth to Sunggu she never, not even once came back to the house of her parents. But from then on she had a hard time, fortunately she had good friends who helped her with things like a place to live and sleep and she was so thankful for the help of her friends.

At first she had Sunggyu's father by her side but only three years later he disappeared, disappeared in thin air for no one to find him. Even so she was utterly happy to have her little cheerful Sunggyu, Sunggyu was a child made of a once flourishing love and was absolutely wished by his mother. So Sunggyu's mother did all in her powers to give her small child the best life which was even possible and she successes, all her hard work was paid off.

The two of them had a great relationship but even so you sometimes have a fight with the once you love and that was exactly what the two had one week until the day Sunggyu wanted to forget so badly.

It was just a small thing Sunggyu was angry or better said annoyed about but it leaded him to not speak with his mother for one whole week, if he had known how the week would end he would had never treated his beloved mother with a cold shoulder.

But you can not turn time back and what is done is done.

Everything can change within a minute and Sunggyu was then aware of the real importance of each minute you can spent with your loved once while they are still alive.

 

Minutes Before the End

 

It was a day just like any other the only difference the day had was that Sunggyu was still treating his mother with the cold shoulder, he simple refused to talk to her and she was sure she would lose some hair because of her stubborn son.

It was Saturday which means also the last day of work for Sunggyu's mother, she was a really talented nurse at one of the biggest hospitals in Jeonju. She loved her job at least as much as she loved her own child, she saw it not only as a occupation to earn money, no she saw the meaning behind her work as a nurse, he loved it to help people which needed help, which were grateful to get treated by someone so their wounds would heal. Anyways usually she had the afternoon shift which started at 1 p.m so she would wake her sleep loving son before she would head to work and so it was today too.

She walked up to the room of her son and knocked twice even though she knew the other wouldn't hear it anyway, Sunggyu was already 19 years old but still such a sleepy head and it would probably not change in the nearer future, she opened the door slowly and had to grin by the sleeping face of her Sunggyu.

She kneeled down and his hair affectionately, whispering a small 'Wake up darling' but of course Sunggyu didn't even moved a bit. She signed rather loudly and shook her son and then she heard the wanted noised of a waking up teenager.

Okay the not so wanted noised since after 19 years of waking him she was slowly but surely feet up with the 'Mum another five minutes' or 'Go away, I'm still tired'.

"Muuuummm no, go aw-"- Sunggyu muffled in this pillow still much to tired to even lift his head but he was interrupted by his mother which sounded not really pleased.

"Don't you 'Go away 'me Sunggyu, Baby you know it's already 12 : 30, come on I have to go to work, darling and you have to do some stuff for school."

"No"- He huffed stubbornly and turned around so his back was facing his mother, she only rolled her eyes and grabbed the blanket to pull it away.

After his mother had pulled his warm comforter away with a forceful movement he eventually stud up with a pout on his face, he walked into the livingroom were he immediately saw the dishes resting on the table his mother had prepared for him, he wanted to thank her but then he remembered he wanted to quit speaking with her for one week. Today was the last day anyway, since his mother knew him from head to toe she released a heavy sign and massaged her temples before she spoke a little bit annoyed by the kiddish behavior of her son.

"Do you still don't want to talk to me, besides the usual morning whining?"- She asked but was met by silence which more or less meant she was right with her guess.

"Sunggyu you still behave like a three-year-old sometimes, you know. Gosh what ever I have to go to work. Eat well, study all your stuff today so you are free tomorrow alright? I guess today is the last day of your cold shoulder thing anyway, let's watch a movie tomorrow. Mommy loves you baby~"- She smiled charmingly grabbed her keys on the way to the front door and kissed the cheek of her son before she headed out, what none of them knew was that it was the last kiss she would even place on the cheek of her son.

 

The ours passed and Sunggyu didn't do that much actually, he did most of his school work so he wouldn't need to do any the next days and would still be good prepared for any surprise quiz or test; Sunggyu was a really good student and he liked to go to school someday he wanted to become something great, he wanted to go to a good university, get a good job later and earn a lot of money to give it to his mother, who had to go without so many things because of him.

Just as he jumped on the couch to watch some Tv the phone ringed and he had to stand up again, with a annoyed whine he walked to the phone and pushed the green bottom.

"Hello, how can I help you?"- Sunggyu asked politely since he had never seen the number on the ID ever before.

"Hello I'm Jang Hakchan of the hospital of Jeonju, are you Kim Sunggyu, son of  Kim Sunah?"- A man with deep voice ask him and Sunggyu had such a bad feeling.

"Yes? Did something happen?"

"I'm so sorry but..."- The person on the other line begun and Sunggyu felt his breathing stop, his heart beating faster, he was afraid; he didn't know what the other person wanted but it surely didn't sound good.

"W-what? W-why are you sorry?"

"I'm so sorry to tell you that your mother got into a car accident and...she didn't survive I'm so sorry, really."- The man explained slowly and from word to word more and more tears formed in Sunggyu's eyes till they flowed down his cheek.

"Y-you are k-kidding me, right? Everything is okay with my mum! It's not funny to make jokes about that..."- Sunggyu whispered hoping it was all really just a freaking bad joke and not real.

"I'm so sorry Sunggyu it's not a joke, she's still in the hospital so you can tell her your last farewell."

"No..no. D-don't do this to me, no, please."- Sunggyu begged and collapsed with the phone still in his hands, he rested his head on the floor while he pressed the phone to his ear, sobbing hard.

"I'm really so sorry, she was a good woman and a great mother so I guess, I will send a car to get you okay? It will be at yours in round half an hour, okay?"

"Mhmm"- Sunggyu pressed his lips together, trying hard not to let his ugly sobs be heard from the man, seconds later the call was ended and then Sunggyu let his sobs and cries slip. He cried with all his might and simple couldn't believe that his mother is dead, he still hoped that it was just a joke.

Around half an hour later the car of the hospital arrived to fetch him, after a 10 minute drive they arrived at the hospital. A nurse ,Sunggyu had seen before, leaded him to a room and before she opened the door she hugged him tightly telling him to be strong.

Sunggyu opened the door slowly and seconds later his eyes feel on the body lying on the white hospital bed with a snow white blanket which reached the body's chest.

Sunggyu took one step after another walking nearer and nearer to the body and with each step he made he felt more like a piece of his heart dies. Then he saw her, his beautiful young mother, skin as white as a piece of paper, only a few brushed were seen on her still perfect face, her lips were slightly open and had a few cuts and her hair was full of glass splinter. She wasn't breathing, wasn't smiling, didn't move and Sunggyu stood still, it was real, everything was real, he can not have her back, he can never speak to her again, she was away at a better place now. Sunggyu realized the importance of any moment, minute or even second you can spent with your loved once just then but it was already too late. His mother was away and he could never response a 'I love you too' to her ever again.

Sunggyu lost trek of time that day, he didn't know how much time he spent in the room next to his mother, crying and sobbing , asking God and the Devils to get his mother back to him but after some hours a man in a black suite took him away from his mother's dead lifeless body to explain what had happened to her, while she was brought away from a funeral parlor.

Sunggyu wasn't exactly sure how he get home or what the man told him but the things he remembered are that his mother was on her way home, driving the car just as any other day the last 15 years but some drunken driver crashed into her, the doctors and nurses tried everything in their power to save her but it was too late, she had so many internal bleeding they couldn't help her anymore. Sunggyu can also remember that he had talked to a person from a funeral parlor who told him they would help him to organize the funeral since he was alone and didn't have someone who could help him.

That day Sunggyu cried himself to sleep and didn't need even a second to wake up.

 

Two Weeks Later

 

Today was the day which Sunggyu didn't want to ever come, today was the funeral of his mother, the funeral parlor help him with everything and so everything was settle within two weeks so today was the final day for Sunggyu to bit goodbye, the last farewell.

Sunggyu was wearing a black suite and had a yellow band around his arm, he looked horrible but he didn't care, why should he even, he didn't know a soul of the people who would attend the funeral.

In the middle of a big room the black coffin of his mother was standing with flower arrangement on top of it and standing next to it, the whole room was decorated with tons of white and lavender colored roses; Sunggyu's mother loved them. Next to the coffin was a big picture of his mother and Sunggyu thought he wouldn't cry today, he cried the last two weeks without a stop, he could  not have tears left but he was fooled by his own thoughts, the moment he saw the room, the flowers, the coffin his tears began to roll down his cheeks again.

During the day a lot of people Sunggyu had never seen before told him their condolences, one or two of them Sunggyu even recognized as friends or co-workers of his mother but most of them were strangers for him. He was left alone in a world filled with strangers with no heart so thought Sunggyu and this very thought made him depressive even more than he already was, what should he do now? He was only 19 years old, the school he was attending costs a lot of money, he doesn't has a place to work, the apartment he was living in couldn't be paid without his mother, he was lost oh so lost and helpless.

After hours of shaking hands of strangers a woman at the age of his own mother  nearly run into the room with tears rolling down her face at least as much as Sunggyu's, she looked at the picture and coffin before she looked for the boy. As she found Sunggyu she hugged him deadly to which Sunggyu was utterly confused.

"Oh my God, Sunggyu I'm so sorry and I'm so sorry for arriving so late, I'm so sorry."- She whispered fast and brushed the tears away from her and Sunggyu's face.

"D-do I know you? Should I know you?"- Sunggyu asked unsure trying not to sob or stutter.

"Maybe your mother had mentioned me sometimes but I'm not sure, I'm Mrs. Nam, I'm one of the best friends of your mother may even her best friend but I moved to Seoul therefore we weren't able to see each other anymore."

"Mrs. Nam? A-are you Narae?"

"Yes yes! I'm Narae! Oh my God I'm so relived you know me, I'm so horrible sorry that I wasn't able to see you two for so many years."- The woman cried and hugged Sunggyu tight.

"I know it much sound so strange to you but your mum and I had a promise and I will keep it no matter what."

"W-what was it about?"

"If someone of us happen anything we will look after the child of the other, I promised you mother I would take care of you and I will, Sunggyu will you let me take care of you? Sunggyu I know you barely know me but please it's like the last will of her and I can't ,I simply can't leave you behind! I have a son who is only two years younger than you and a lovely husband, my house has a room only for you. Sunggyu think about it."- The woman begged him and Sunggyu was speechless, he know Mrs. Nam his mother never stopped talking about her, the two of them spent hours chatting too, they even exchanged baby pictures and stuff like that but that she would come all the way from Seoul to offer him such a thing as living with her.

"I...I don't know."- Sunggyu admitted and looked into the eyes of the woman who was once one of the dearest friends of his mother.

"Sunggyu please, let me at least help you in that way."

"I-i don't w-want to be a bother."

"You aren't a bother darling, you're already a part of my family! I know you since you are a baby, you are my baby too! My son, Woohyun was the baby of your mother too, so please come with me. I know Seoul is far away but let's start new, you aren't alone in this world never forget that."

"Okay."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*******************************************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Mrs. Nam stayed with Sunggyu in Jeonju and settled everything whether it was school affairs or the quitting of the apartment, within two weeks everything was ready and Sunggyu walked out of the apartment he spent the most of his life in. He had a lot of suitcases with all his stuff and a lot of stuff of his mother in it, each thing was filled with memories, happy or sad but Sunggyu had to look forward but one thing he lost as his mother left him it was the one thing she loved the most about her son, his smile, his cheery self, his carefree attitude.

Sunggyu changed and it only took one minute to do so, but one minute can be so deadly long.

 

 



Hello my dear readers~~~

Thank you so much for subscribing and uhm simple reading this x,D

I hope you like it; this chapter is pretty much filled with tears and bad stuff. The next are going to be a lot brighter, Namgrease is entering the whole story~ yeahhh

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!! <3

(Words count approx. 2800 not that long)