Raws of sunshine filled with hope

Only One Minute - Flowers Die

 

 

Minute Three - A shimmer of hope hidden in a yellow daffodil

 


 

 

It was already bright, the sun was up at the sky for a long time, changing the color of the once dark sky to a wonderful light blue. The sun had been shinning its  raws for hours but still Sunggyu and Woohyun were sleeping peacefully.

The blinds of Sunggyu's room had been open the whole night since they forgot to close them therefore a bunch of sun raws found their way on Sunggyu's face. They felt warm and nice on his skin but the moment they hit his sensitive eye lids he slowly but surely woke up. He still let his eyes be closed for two reasons 1)to enjoy the warmth on his tired face and 2) because he didn't want to be blind by the same exact sun raws which felt so good on his skin. He laid there a few minutes, without even the smallest intention to move; he loved the feeling of warmth around him but why was he even feeling so warm?

He was asking himself if it could even be possible for such a thing as mere sun raws, which are shinning through a blind, to make people feeling such a warmth next to them. And then it hit it him, he opened his eyes hesitatingly and once he had opened them fully he saw Woohyun's face only millimeters away from his; he was able to feel the others breath on his lips.

He looked down and was realizing why he felt so warm; he was pressed against the younger with nearly no space at all between them and the younger had one arm around his waist to keep him safe and on the other Sunggyu was resting his head without knowing.

Sunggyu swallowed once, rather loud, thinking about  what to do; leaving the bed while hoping not to wake the younger or just continue to lay next to him. He decided for the second option, he was far to comfortable and sleepy to stand up. However he lifted his head slowly not to wake the other and nuzzled his face onto the younger's chest instead, he figured his head must be heavy and the younger would be in pain when he wakes up. Therefore he rested his head on the others chest and drifted up into blissful dreams again.

 

Hours later Woohyun woke up with the feeling of something heavy on his chest he opened his eyes and blinked twice as he realized what or better who was resting on his chest. He grinned and pulled the older even closer wrapping one arm around his waist while the other was playing with the latter's bed hair. Today was Sunday so it didn't really matter at what time they leave the bed.

He needs the sleep, I'm sure he hadn't sleep so much the last few weeks. -  He thought as he brushed another stay of hair out of the older's face, he kept playing with his hair, carefully not to wake him, until Sunggyu started to wake up. Sunggyu opened his eyes lazy and yawned cutely right before he rubbed his eyes to get rid of the tiredness.

"Good morning hyung, did you rest well?"

"Oh God, I must be heavy. I'm sorry!"- Sunggyu apologized shocked and lifted his head immediately, now sitting on the bed instead of lying.

"No, no you're really light so don't feel bad. Are you hungry? Do you want to have breakfast?"

"Sure, w-what time is it by the way?"

"Uhm around one o'clock so yeah we should skip breakfast and eat lunch instead."- Woohyun snickered, left the bed and waked to the door waving his hand for Sunggyu to follow him.

The walked down the stairs and already half way down the nice smell of Chicken Terriaky was hanging in the air. Woohyun could literally feel how his mouth produced more saliva then usual due to the amazing smell.

They entered the living room and just as they wanted to take a seat infront of Woohyun's father Mrs. Nam walked in with her hands full of plates.

"Good morning you two, you slept for a long time. You guys are hungry, right?"- She giggled and handed Sunggyu the first plate, who gladly took it.

"Thank you and good morning too."- He said a bit awkward since it was more or less his fault that they left the room so late.

They had a nice lunch with some small talk in between before Mrs. Nam cleaned to get every once attention.

"Today is already Sunday therefore tomorrow will be another schoolday just as usual but Sunggyu tomorrow will be your first day in school again. Are you okay with that?"- Mrs. Nam asked visibly unsure if it were up to her she wouldn't send Sunggyu so early to school since he wasn't even a bit familiar with Seoul yet but she didn't have a chance after all he can't miss to many school days.

Sunggyu nodded slowly and looked to Woohyun who sent him a couraging look.

"Oh of course you're going to the same school as Woohyun so he can help you with every thing okay? He is two grades lower than you but I'm sure he will be able to help you when you two are not in class."

"Okay that's great, thank you again for every thing."

"You're welcome and if you have any problems in school don't hesitate to ask Woohyun and if you have any problems  with Woohyun don't hesitate to tell me, alright?"

"Mommmmmmmmm! Why should he have problems with meeeeeeee?!"- Woohyun whined and brought his parents to laugh about his silly behavior.

"Just telling the truth honey, not every body can be best friends with you and some times you're a pain in the neck."- His mother said in a matter-of-fact ton and her husband nodded in approval.

"Yah! You two are horrible! Of course he likes me! Right hyung?"

"Y-yes I like you."

"See! You horrible people! Hyung let's go!"- He said right before he pulled Sunggyu from his chair and to the direction of the stairs.

 

 

 

Seconds later they were already standing in Sunggyu's room again which was still filled with bags and only one look at Sunggyu's face was enough for Woohyun to look behind the facade of the older. He really tried not to look sad, tired or even broken he rarely had a smile on his face, indeed Woohyun had only saw a small one once, but once they entered the room Woohyun saw how the expression on the older's face dropped down to the point in which his eyes would become glassy. And since Woohyun was able to put one and one together he figure out the reason must be the bags.

"Sunggyu let's organize your bags, I bring the once you don't need up the attic, alright?"- Woohyun asked slowly, his eyes not leaving the older male beside him and only a second later the older shook his head lightly.

"I-i don't w-want to."- He admitted slowly with absolutely no intention to look at Woohyun, his eyes fixed on his own feet.

"Why?"

"I'm a-afraid, the s-stuff of my mom is in there t-too."

"Okay, I'll check it before you look into it okay? The things you'll need are clothes and stuff like your backpack for school I suppose."

"Y-yeah."

"Okay then, I'll go open the first one and if something else you need comes into your mind just let me know."- Woohyun added and walked over to the first bag to open the zipper; in it were a few things which seemed to be out of the apartment Sunggyu had shared with his mother and therefore something Woohyun was more or less sure Sunggyu shouldn't see now- he closed it again and opened the next, he continued until he checked each of them and in the end three were safe for Sunggyu to look at and the others not.

He handed Sunggyu the bags filled with books, clothes, bed linen and even a Hamtaro pillow before he took the others to bring them to the attic-  safe to be looked at when the time comes.

"I'll go bring them up, the other bags are safe to look into. I'll be back in a minute."- Woohyun assumed and just as he was about to leave he felt something pulling him back.

"D-don't leave, I d-don't want to be alone, can I accompany y-you?"

"Oh sure, come along but it's a bit dusty up there."

"No problem."

They brought all the stuff there and organized the other bags in Sunggyu's room afterwards. After they were finish with that Woohyun suggested to watch a movie and Sunggyu liked the thought. Woohyun got his laptop from his room so they would be able to watch it while lying in bed again and Sunggyu was totally going for that idea.

He had to admit that he really liked the younger, he was really kind-hearted, sensitive, fun to be with and Sunggyu felt really comfortable around him.

They stayed the whole day in bed watching movies of all genres even a chick-flick which was a funny one in the end even though Woohyun would had bet all his belongings that it would be boring. They enjoyed themselves and Woohyun found himself growing to nearly love the sight of Sunggyu while he's laughing or even just smiling, for him the older never looked any better than while he does smiling.

 

The hours passed in a blink of an eye and it was already night again, the sun had gone down for the moon to take its place. The night was beautiful, the sky filled with stars and the moon light glowing mysteriously. Slowly but surely they got tired oh so tired so Woohyun turned of his laptop and put it on the nightstand next to him and as if he was a mind reader he answered the not even asked question as he looked at the older with sleep filled eyes.

"I won't go so make yourself comfortable, good thing that we didn't change today."- He snickered as he laid down, resting his head on the fluffy pillow underneath him.

"Thank you but you don't have to stay here."- Sunggyu whispered taken aback by the kind act of the younger. Sunggyu didn't want to be a burden but by now he thought of himself as a burden, he took all of Woohyuns time and attention only because he, himself, didn't want to be alone.

"But I want to, I would have a bad feeling leaving you alone and I like your company~"

"..."

"Aigoo come on, don't look like you would be a burden or something like that, you're absolutely not a burden not to me and not to my parents. So just be yourself~ You know I really like your company you're a nice guy therefore I like to spent time with you and give you my full attention no worries about that."

"A-are you some kind of mind reader?"- Sunggyu asked flabbergasted he had never seen somebody answering his never spilled questions.

"Not really, anyways let's sleep tomorrow is going to be a long day. I'll show you everything, we make everything together so no need to be afraid of tomorrow."

"O-okay"- Sunggyu answered with a uneasy look on his face a second later Woohyun took his hand and carefully wrapped his slender finger around the older's small hand.

"Everything is going to be okay, the time you and I don't have class we spent together so the only time we won't be seeing each other is during class. Let's think positive you'll gain a lot of new friend I'm sure! So let's sleep before you'll get ugly eye bags."- Woohyun joked and Sunggyu's uneasy look was changed to a small smile. They slept peacefully and didn't let go of the others hand.

 

Sunggyu was feeling a bit better after the things Woohyun said but the moment he heard his alarm clock every positive feeling in him was blown away and filled with worries and angst instead. Woohyun had assured him everything would turn out good but is he right? Will everything be alright? or was it just shimmer of hope in a dark night right before it fizzle out. Just like a flower who will eventually lose its beauty and pitifully die.

Then again there a meanings behind nearly everything as well as behind such a thing as a simple flower, a yellow daffodil  indicates the beginning of a new life, simply of something new and joyful but was the thing which will begin new a good or a bad? Will the things change in a good way so Sunggyu's wounds could heal or would new wounds be added; Sunggyu wasn't sure and therefore he was afraid.

Will he end like a flower?

 

 


 

Hey Ho everyone~

The school has started again for me and I'm exhausted after only 3 days xDD Anyway I hope you like the chapter, it'S not as sad as the last two but it's more like the calm before the storm, right? kkk

Oh yeah btw maybe you have noticed already but I'm quite into the so called language of flowers that's the reason behind the whole flower things in each chapter x,D I once talked about it with my best friend while we were going home from school and after half an hour she wanted to kill me xD  //ps she will never forget a few things I taught her x,D damn I'm a bad friend but I luv my buddy and she knows it kkkkk still sorry uhm not sorry xD

Leave me a comment if you like~

(Word count approx. 2200)