One world after another crumble down, leaving only ash behind

Only One Minute - Flowers Die

 

Minute 18 - The Freesia was dyed red and died, leaving no innocence and thoughtfullness

 

 


 

 

Tick, Tack, Tick, Tack, the clock was ticking without a halt, Woohyun was sure about it but he just couldn’t stop staring at the clock in the hope the time would at least go by a little faster. He had never ever problems with his health in all his years of his life but today he suddenly felt a stabbing pain in his chest. Only for a split of a second but the strange pain wasn’t what was worrying him no, in the same exact moment as the pain overcame him a picture of Sunggyu flashed into his mind. He definitely didn’t know the meaning of all this but he was sure it did hold a meaning. Since then he had been staring holes into the clock. The second he lesson would be at its end he’ll dash down to Sunggyu’s classroom to make sure the older was fine. Maybe he will come of as a super idiot that has nothing better to do than stalking his friend but for Sunggyu he has no problem to let himself be called an idiot. He would be Sunggyu’s idiot and that would actually be something positive - at least in his opinion.

He was about the stand up so he could finally look for Sunggyu, finally get his heart at ease again but he could reach the door before it was already being opened with very fast movements.  Revealing Hoya and Dongwoo.

“What the hell are the two of you doing here?”- Woohyun asked angry and looked at them with an cold gaze that shocked all of his class mates, Woohyun was known for his sunny, cheerful side never did anyone saw him being that cold towards someone before.

“Hi to you too and yeah we are fine thanks for asking. Anyways we need you to come with us.”- Hoya places one of his hands on his hip and rolled his eyes before he let out that one sarcastic remark he just couldn’t keep in. Of course he pinch on his other side, Dongwoo didn’t really approve his way of starting this conversation.

“Cut your crap I don’t have time for your , step aside.”- Woohyun was about to shove Hoya out of his way but he was stopped by Dongwoo who hold onto his wrist.  Woohyun looked at Dongwoo irritated but couldn’t say anything since the now black haired boy was faster in talking and mentioned one name he definitely didn’t want to hear in the context of nurse office.  

“Sorry Howon is just not good with words, please come with us. Sunggyu needs you now. He is in the nurse office and we told him we would get you, okay?”- Dongwoo smiled lightly and it felt as if a cold shower was running down Woohyun’s back.

“What? Nurse office? What happened? Did you two do something with him again?!”- Woohyun was furious, he already had his hands on Hoya’s collar shaking him with all his strength and while Woohyun was in a state of range Hoya was gathering all his calmness and understanding so that he wouldn’t get mad or punch him. He opened his eyes after a short moment of mediation and looked right into Woohyun’s fired eyes.

“We didn’t but Jun.”- He said calmly and not a second later Woohyun was already running down the hallway to get to the flight of stairs.

Just as Woohyun was out of sight Hoya let out a groan that he had been holding until now.

“That pisser for ’s sake. We are getting him to look after his princess since he just hasn’t a ing clue what is going on at this school and then this…”

“Hoagi…?”

“No I just can’t believe it, did you see that? This time around I really didn’t do a thing and I still got shaken around on my collar…”

“Hoagi..”- Dongwoo tried again and yet again Hoya was about to ignore him to keep going with his rant over Woohyun.

“Howon!”- He raised his voice and finally Hoya looked at him.

“Y-eah?”

“I’m proud of you that you didn’t lose your cool but please let of of my hand.; my fingers are already turning blue.”- Hoyas’ eyes widen as he saw the fingers of his boyfriend in his iron grip, he immediately let go of the soft hand and flashed Dongwoo an apologizing smile.

“Sorry.”

“No problem, but we have to go to Hana now. Sunggyu is save with Woohyun by his side.” - Hoya nodded with his heart heavy as a brick but followed Dongwoo nontheless, as they reached the classroom of Hana he couldn’t help but feel all kinds of emotions flow into him all at once. This time he took the other hand of Dongwoo to get at least a bit of his cool back.  Dongwoo was his support after all.


***********


Woohyun lost count on how many times he had already run through the school building due to something that happened with Sunggyu. He doesn’t want to count, it was way to embarrassing for him to admit that even though he wished nothing but happiness for Sunggyu the older just never gets it, he surely had his own share about the whole mess his friend was in, he couldn’t help him after all. He promised him to stay by his side so nothing bad would happen anymore, yet he is again heading to a spot where a sad and hurt Sunggyu was waiting for him.

Woohyun shook his head furiously to get the negative thoughts out of his mind and tried to at least look a bit composed so he wouldn’t make the situation even worse.  As he finally reached the white door of the infirmary he didn’t hesitated even a second before he opened the door, revealing Sunggyu who was lying on top of a blanket on one of the , cheap and crappy, beds.

Woohyun couldn’t stop the gasp from leaving his mouth as he saw all the bandage and patches that were on Sunggyu’s milky white skin. He dashed to the bed and immediately placed his hands on Sunggyu’s soft cheeks, so the elder couldn’t even think about turning his head away from him.

“Gyu what happened? How are you? Do you need any pain killers?” - Woohyun was so worried, Sunggyu had never looked that horrible before, even though he had so many patches on his it was still very visible that his injuries must have been cause by a knife. Woohyun was shocked, he didn’t know where to look. It wasn’t really helping that Sunggyu wasn’t talking and also the fact that he already knew that Jun was the one who must have done this, didn’t really smooth his mind.

“Gyu please tell me…”- Woohyun tried again and looked Sunggyu deep into the eyes while he rubbed the soft cheeks with his thumbs. That was all for Sunggyu’s mask to break down. He didn’t want to cry and until now he hadn’t but he was so relived to see Woohyun’s face and hear his voice, that he couldn’t keep his emotions in anymore.

He let out a long, ugly sob before thick tears rolled down his cheeks. The glass bottle filled with his bottle upped emotions shattered into a million pieces and Sunggyu couldn’t do a thing against it anymore.

As the first tear escaped the his glassy eyes you were literally able to see how Woohyun’s facial expression changed and his feelings of helplessness grew.

“It hurt, I-it really hurt…didn’t do a thing and he…he still did that, Hyunnie. I …I was really frightened when he started to slice my skin with his..his knife. I thought I couldn’t see you again…that was an unbearable thought.”- Sunggyu sobbed horribly and leaned into the younger’s touch.

“It was Jun, right?”- Woohyun tried his best to stay calm, he brushed away the few tears that had escaped and kept on with caressing Sunggyu’s check. The older nodded softly, that was every thing Woohyun wanted to know. He wanted to make sure that Dongwoo and Hoya weren’t telling lies and they certainly weren’t. He pulled away his hands, from which Sunggyu opened his eyes again to look up into Woohyun’s face, but instead of the face he loved so much, a dark expression was on Woohyun’s face.

“I’ll get him and ing kill that bastard.”- He muttered underneath his breath as if he was talking to himself, he repeated the same sentence a few times on his way to the door and despite Sunggyu calling for him he didn’t respond, it was as if he was in trance.

“WOOHYUN! I need you here, by my side, now.”- Sunggyu whimpered already in a sitting position even though it shoot pain all over his body, and finally Woohyun turned around. A small smile found its way on Sunggyu’s face and he stretched out his arms, calling for a hug. With slow steps Woohyun walked to the bed again but as he was getting closer to the bed the dark expression started to fade away leaving a sad Woohyun behind. He hugged Sunggyu carefully not to hurt the older even more. He rested his head on Sunggyu’s shoulder and while doing so everything started to sink in and the realization kicked in, that brought Woohyun to the edge of crying.

“I’m sorry.”- Was all that he could press out without letting his own tears rolled down his face. He wasn’t in any position to cry.

“You’re not at fault.”- Sunggyu mumbled and pressed his face on Woohyun’s strong chest, listening to the uneven heartbeat of the younger.

“…”

“Hyunnie, can you stay with me? I don’t want to be alone.”

“Everything that you want, I’ll do everything for you.”- He pulled back a bit so he could look into Sunggyu’s eyes and than it snapped, a tear escaped.

“Hey dummy~ Don’t cry, crying is my thing not yours~ You’re my strong Woohyun, okay?”- Sunggyu smiled loving and whipped away the single tear.

“I’m sorry.”

“Stop that already, if you are so sorry than lend me your chest.”- Sunggyu grinned and patted the space on the bed next to him.

“Sure thing.”- Woohyun grinned and pulled the blanket up before he sneaked into the bed, pulling Sunggyu’s head on his chest and putting his own arm around Sunggyu. Holding him as close as possible.

He caressed the older’s head for a while before he opened his mouth again, despite Sunggyu having his eyes closed Woohyun knew that the older was still awake.

“You are the strongest person I have ever met…but even the strongest needs a support. Do you trust me?”

“Of course I trust you, I’ve never trusted anyone, besides my mum, more than I trust you.”

“Okay than please tell me what’s going on here.”- Sunggyu opened his eyes immediately, looking at Wooyhun with fear.

“W-what do you mean?”- He asked as calm as possible but his voice still wavered.

“Something is going on in this school but I don’t know of it, I’m dumb but not completely. What are they doing with you?”


*************



 “Dongwoo I really don’t want to enter that room now.”- Hoya mumbled uneasily and continued to stare a hole into the door instead of taking the handle to actually open it.  

“Come on Hoaegi you have to face fears once in a while. I’m one your side, everything will be alright ,okay?” - Dongwoo tried to convince his boyfriend even though he , himself, knew that nothing would be alright after they talked with Hana. He knew just how precious the girl was to Hoya but she was the culprit,  there is no doubt about it.

Hoya took a deep breath and opened the door, he knew that they had self study class at the moment, which meant that there was no teacher around. He walked into the room with Dongwoo close behind him, he looked around the room and his eyes immediately found the person he was looking for.
With heavy steps he approached her and for once she was shocked to see her brother and Dongwoo.

“Oppa what are you doing here? I have class.” - She said looking between Hoya and Dongwoo.

“Yeah I saw how much you were focusing on your studies… Hana I have to talk with you. Can you spear a minute for me?”- Hoya asked and looked at the girl that were constantly playing with her cell phone instead of doing the assignment that was right in front of her.

“Why? I didn’t do a thing, right Oppa? I can’t leave, I have to do some things here.”

“Hana quit that, just come along now.” - Hoya was starting to lose his temper as well as lose the last bit of patience in him. That Hana still had her cell in her hands didn’t really make things better.

“But I …”- She tried again but was interrupted by Dongwoo. She really liked Dongwoo since he was a really kind hearted person that never fails to eat her lies. He’s never been annoyed with her or got angry but today he had a different aura around him.

What the do they want from me? I think it’s been a while since I saw my brother and Dongwoo but please, I have better things to do right now for example get to know where and why Woohyun left class early!  - She thought annoyed but her train of thoughts got to an halt as she was pulled up by Dongwoo -  rather forcefully.

“Be a good girl and do what your big brother tells you.”- He grinned sinister and Hana felt like her blood was freezing. Something was definitely not right here.

They left the classroom and went to the back yard of the school. They looked for a bench and as they found one they sat down.

“So how can I help you?”- Hana smiled fakely and tried to put her cute act on, just like she always does when she’s together with the two older boys.

“I just have a question, you can’t lie to me no matter what, have you understood that?”

“Yeah Oppa I have, so what’s wrong?”- She tried hard not to roll her eyes but in the end she fail non the less, which got Dongwoo’s blood to boil. He had already been very aware of the fact that the girl wasn’t the angle Hoya made her to be, but now that he really paid attention to her, he noticed just how little respect she had.  

“…”- Hoya looked at her but not a single word left his mouth even though he really wanted to ask. Fortunately, Dongwoo gasp it and started with the most basic question that came to his mind.

“Do you know Kim Sunggyu, he’s in our class.”- An emotion that Dongwoo couldn’t quite put his finger on flickered through her eyes for a second before she slowly nodded.

“Mhmmm.”- Dongwoo nodded before he continued.

“You hate him ,right?” - He asked monotony , which definitely caught the girl off guard.

“He must have something that you don’t have, right?”

“…”

“But you want it all for yourself. You deserve it, you are popular, a real beauty and you have a lot of friends but still he must have that one thing that you desire.”

“…”

“So what can you do in order to get it?”

“W-what are you talking  a-about?”

“Destroy him, mentally and physically.”- She looked at him terrified, did Dongwoo figured out what she’s been doing for a while? No, that can’t be, nobody knows. And even if my stupid brother wouldn’t believe him since I’m a little angle, at least in his world. Nobody knows about anything, everything is going to be alright and I will be with Woohyun after this; I’m sure.

She calmed herself and locked at Dongwoo with a cool stare before she turned around to face her brother, looking all shaken up with tears in her eyes. If she was capable of something then it was lying.

“Oppa w..what is Dongwoo talking a-about?”- She sobbed and Dongwoo couldn’t believe just how fast she created this act. He had his mouth lightly open and was locking at her while shaking his head. His eyes wandered a bit higher to meet Hoya’s. Hoya was confused, you could clearly see it in his eyes.

“Don’t believe her, it’s just an act.”- Dongwoo mouthed and Hoya nodded slowly.

Hoya broke eye contact and focused on his sister again but instead of comforting her as he would normally do, he took a step back and pulled out the letters he had in his pocket. He hold them right into her face and her eyes widen.   

“What have you been doing?”- Hoya asked quietly looking at the girl that was speechless for a moment.

“O-oppa what do you mean?”- She tried to lie again and looked lost, she would turn around to look for help from Dongwoo but the man was certainly not on her side anymore.

“I d-din’t do a thing.”

“DON’T YOU DARE LIE TO ME!”- Hoya yelled right into her face and for once the tears that stream down her face were real.

“I…I”

“Tell me the truth, I practically raised you! For ’s sake, you were one of the only things that I hold dear. I am ashamed of you!”

“…Oppa don’t say that…I..I just…”

“You just what?! Tell me! In dad’s opinion I brought same over the family but you…you are at least as much as a shame as I am….I never wanted to have such a talk with you. I closed my eyes to prevent me seeing the truth. I can’t keep them closed anymore. W-what happened to you to become like this? I t-thought I was taking g-good care of you.”- Hoya’s emotions were running wild, one second he was yelling the other second he was on the verge of crying.

“I…”

“WHAT?! Open you mouth!”- He snapped and that was all to finally let her mask crumble down, releaving  a girl that was everything but the sister he thought her to be.

“I should open my mouth? OKAY! No ing problem! I ing hate you! I don’t give a about you and Dongwoo. You brought me up well? Who the are you kidding? You were never wanted in that sick household, have you forgotten just how often you were beaten by the old man? Do you think I don’t know? You always run of to Dongwoo, but okay I don’t ing care. You should stay with him, I, no we don’t need you! And then to answer your ing question, yes I did it! I started everything! I wanted that attention seeker to feel some pain and, now, what are you planning to do? You are shocked, right? I’m not an angle but I’m sure Dongwoo already knew that much. Oh and yes Dongwoo-oppa he has something that I desire and that he doesn‘t deserve - Nam Woohyun.”- Both Dongwoo and Hoya were shocked by the words of the girl.

Something snapped within Hoya as the harsh words of the girl sank in. He couldn’t believe the things she had said. In the end, she didn’t give a damn about him. Despite everything that he had been doing for her ever since they were children, she told him that she hated his guts.

Hoya lifted his hand and brought it to her face, he was so so close to the thought of slapping her but that wouldn’t go well with his conscious.

“Very well, you and I are history then. I have no connection to his place anyway, the only thing that made me return back to this drunkard was you, but since you don’t give a ing damn, I’ll leave you there while I’ll go somewhere else.”- He said and looked into her eyes, she swallowed hard.

“And about this.”- He held up the letters before he looked that her again.

“You will regret doing something like this, I can tell you one thing; it doesn’t matter what you do, you will never have Woohyun for yourself. But what you will have for yourself is going to be the consequences for your actions.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I’m going to report you, let’s see how long you’re going to be suspended or if they kick you out completely.”- He tried his best to control his voice but at some point a waver still found it’s way into his sentence. He turned his back to her and was about to walk away but in the end he was stopped.

No, you can’t do this, you can’t, you can’t YOU CAN’T! I’m going to have Woohyun for my own and if it’s the last thing I do! I don’t care about anyone, I have to stop you, you can’t do this- She was going mad and wanted nothing else as to stop her brother and then she had an idea. If she can stop his, then he couldn’t go- she still had her sharp pointed nail file with her.

She took the sharp object out of her skirt pocket and placed it in her hand before she run up to Hoya but just as she was about to ram it into her bothers neck, her arm was held back.

Her wrist was so crushed that cracking noises were produced and she eventually let the nail file fall on the floor. Horrofied she looked up the Dongwoo, who had the most frightening expression on his face that she had ever seen.

“Want the did you think you were doing? Don’t you dare lay a finger on him, you have done enough already.”- Dongwoo whispered quietly so his boyfriend wouldn’t her him, and tossed the girl on the ground.

“You don’t deserve him, think about what the hell you just did and then spare some thoughts how to stop all the that is going on about Sunggyu. When I tell Woohyun that you are at fault that his beloved is in pain, you will feel nothing but pain and fright,”- he said and was running up to Hoya, who was walking slowly while trying his best to keep the tears at a minimum-  he failed.


 



 

Hi my Lovelyz, How have you been all this time? I haven't forgotten about my storys and I will finish them all but at the moment I just don't feel like writing-  sorry

Hope you guys still like this chapter, since I bet you were already runnig short on tears in a story and here we go xD Ps Hana is a realllllly bad and kinda sick girl

 

(word count approx. 3800)