Chapter 1

A Story of Fangs and Clans

I didn’t know how it started. But it did, and everyone I knew just went along with it. Mom and Dad were fighting again that night it happened. Something about our family’s wealth shortening too much-our Clan was expecting something big from their leaders. I had offered to help, but they refused. Said that I wasn’t ready, and when I got angry, they backed it up to saying that I didn’t have to worry for another few years. So I went to my room, tracing my two bloodsuckers with my tongue, hearing their voices and the occasional hisses of Mom echo through our home.

I closed my eyes. That was how my nights were. Long and tiresome, but this one was different at the same time. I don’t know why but my hand had touched my calendar beside me and I opened my eyes to see that it landed on today’s date. I hate October. People would dress up as stereotypes; ‘blood’ (A.K.A ketchup) dripping down their lips and fangs loosely hanging from their teeth, capes too low on the ground and their faces as pale as the moon.

But that’s not the only thing. The original Clan-the Lees had disappeared off the face of everywhere today. October 13. My father’s Clan-we Kwons had gotten the Vampire race out of destruction and chaos. But I know some minor Clans and personnel wish for the Lees to be back.

No one knows what happened to them, or where they went. Some people thought that since the Lees were so old-fashioned, some rouge Clan or something killed them to extinction. Some say that they travelled underground. The most convincing theory was that they roam the Earth still, just in secret and only at night. I don’t say that it isn’t true, but unless I see a Lee, they’re extinct to me. My father rules well, he hasn’t strayed much from the Lees’ laws, so everyone isn’t in too deep in confusion. I exceed the Kwon Clan after him, when he decides I’m ready.

I sat up, rubbing my eyes and got up from my bed, heading down stairs. Mom saw me from the ing corner of her eyes and pointed at me, “Back in your room Kwon Jiyong!-“

I waved my hand, “Aish, Mom. I’m getting some food! Give me some slack, I’m starving up there.” Luckily Dad stopped her from charging after me. My hand opened the big heavy wooden door at the end of the longest hall in our house and lit up the lamp. A rule that is strictly followed is to never drink human blood. We’re all born a vampire, but stereotypes are killing us.  Not being able to have kids is totally false. Thirsting for blood is true, living forever is true, but we age like normal. However, we stop around our mid-twenties and barely have any acne…but I’m not complaining.

Being a vampire isn’t as bad as people in movies think it is. Sure, things get boring. But that’s it. There’s no true traumatization or serious depression, just boredom. The whole undead thing too is kinda weird, not true. We’re living, just…with certain abilities. Complicated…really.

 I walked down into the basement, my steps as loud as an elephant’s. The lamp was no longer needed. Fluorescent lighting showed off the tables and ice packs filled with blood of animals we’ve been storing since birth and so on. Some were from the hospital, but those were in our emergency ice packs.

I opened up my section and grabbed a bag out, not caring as long as I got it down my throat. The rich taste of blood is something you can’t get enough of. Vampires can grow hungry easily, but being related to my father, he had me train to last a long time without blood. So I’m famous for more than a few reasons in the Vampire world.

My bag emptied and I threw it in the trash. I went back up the stairs, and my parents had finally come to an agreement. They were sitting on the couch, watching TV and talking like any normal parents. “Did you guys figure something out?” I called.

Mom nodded and looked back at me, “Oh. Seunghyun called while you were feeding.”

Choi Seunghyun, one of my good friends. Don’t get me wrong now; I know he’s a Choi. But being part of a certain Clan doesn’t mean you have to have the last name ‘Kwon’. You have to follow loyally, and in our case, we get the letter ‘K’ tattooed on our body. It’s our trademark, the cursive ‘K’. If you disobey, you need to remove the tattoo, and we shun you for all eternity. Seunghyun joined the Clan with his parents and three other brothers, Dongwook, Siwon, and Zelo.

Dad and Mom were always envious that the Choi’s were able to have so many sons, but then, they realize they have me to carry on our family name. They once decided I was better than all four Choi brothers. I was ok with that too. I picked up the phone and held it to my ear, letting it ring Seunghyun’s number. He answered in a husky voice, “Ji?”

“Yeah, Hyung. You called earlier?”

He chuckled and I knew he wanted to do something fun, “Youngbae is throwing a party tonight. Wanna head over? He’s showing off Dara who wants to join the Kwon Clan.”

“Oh? Noona wants to join the Clan? They’ve been dating for a while now I guess.” I smirked. Oh, Dong Youngbae. He’s a family friend. His ancestors were loyal to the Lees, but when his parents joined, they disappeared. Mr. Dong helped Dad bring peace to the race and is his right hand man. There’s also Youngbae’s older brother, Hyunbae, who’s several years older than his brother. But Hyunbae holds things up in the US for us with some of his own close friends, which include Dongwook and Siwon. But I know those two are visiting for an odd reason.

I could practically hear Seunghyun smile, “Yeah. She and Youngbae are getting really serious nowadays.”

“What about you and Bom-noona?”

I heard him slap a table or something, “Thanks for reminding me! Bom suddenly said she wanted to join too. Weird right?”

I nodded, “Yeah, weird.”

He groaned, “So come on. Fly your to Youngbae’s?” As I was about to respond, something slammed on our roof. We all froze and heard it tumble off to the ground and Seunghyun whispered, “I heard that.”

I nodded, “Hyung, I’ll call you back. I don’t think I’ll make it.” He said ‘ok’ I think as I hung up.

I went to the door and Mom and Dad followed me, “Jiyong, be careful.” Dad warned. As the son, and at an age to protect, it was my duty to check for danger. We never leave a woman alone. Another important law. I opened the door and saw a body lying on our front lawn. A girl’s, I presume. Her clothes were ripped from the back and she lay still. I stepped a foot out the door and she suddenly whipped her head up. Just by that movement-a vampire.

I hissed and she looked at me, running up, but the barrier stopped her. Her eyes shone with urgencies and I was speechless. She pounded on it, “Please. Please, let me in. I’m begging you!”

Dad stepped up, pushing me back and looking at her, “Son…you notice it too?” I nodded.

She asked, “What Clan are you from?” But we didn’t answer. Instead, she had seen the tattoo on my arm and nodded, “The Kwons…”

“The question is-what Clan are you from?” I snapped and Dad pushed me back more.

The girl gulped and held up her right palm, a symbolic cat’s eye staring back at us. I almost fell and Dad shook his head, “No…” I had thought the same thing, but it made sense. was red, meaning she had just fed. So one of the scouts must’ve seen and attacked her. The trait of the Lees were their charismatic eyes, and damn. She had charismatic eyes. A daughter, I suppose of the original Lee Clan leader. But why did she come alone?

“My name is Lee Chaerin. I’m from the original Lee Clan. Please let me in, your followers aren’t happy to see me.” Her appearance led to where I am now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: First chapter is a gift, and so will be the second and third since it's been so long. More gifts to those on the way~ Oh, and I usually talk about KPOP news but...so much has happened and so many feels so I'd rather not elaborate, but let's talk when things calm down or when something else juicy comes up. K? :) 

-TAIwin