Chapter 2

The VIP Show

The alarm clock woke him up way to soon. It seemed like he just fell asleep when it went off. Slowly, Baekhyun sat up and rubbed his eyes, trying to get the sleep out of them. Next, he turned his alarm clock off and got up, doing his morning routine. By the time he was done, he had twenty minutes to get to class and find his seat. As he was walking towards his class, he saw Chanyeol across the street. Now that he was able to get a clear look at the taller male, he realized that Chanyeol was a giant. He had big ears but his hair covered them, his eyes were almond shaped and he had a baby face but from what Baekhyun had heard last night, his voice said otherwise.

"Hyung!" Baekhyun looked behind him and saw his friend, Kyungsoo, with his boyfriend, Jongin (he liked to be called Kai because "only Kyunggie can call me by my real name!").

"Hey, Kyungsoo, Kai." Baekhyun smiled.

Kyungsoo nudged Kai but Kai didn't say anything so, sighing, Kyungsoo said, "Jongin and I wanted to know if you could come with us to a small get-together party tonight with some friends." Baekhyun looked at Kai.

"Come on, Hyung! It'll be fun!" Baekhyun nodded.

"What the heck. It's been a while since I hung out with you two so it can't be too bad."

"Thanks, Hyung!" Kai hugged Baekhyun before he grabbed Kyungsoo and started walking away. Baekhyun chuckled at Kai's behavior and walked the rest of the way to his class.

After sitting through two three hour lectures, Baekhyun walked outside and shielded his eyes from the sun. He felt a tap on his shoulder and squeaked before turning around to see the attacker. He had to look up and when he did, he saw the baby-faced-big-eared-giant.

"Baekhyun, I didn't mean to scare you like that."
"It's alright, Chanyeol. What are you doing here? I've never seen you around here before. Do you go here?" Chanyeol chuckled.

"Why don't you have lunch with me and I'll answer your questions?" Baekhyun nodded and followed Chanyeol off of campus grounds. "Okay, first off, I asked you to lunch with me that's why I was there. Second, I don't go here. I...um...go somewhere else. It's a long walk but I don't mind it."

"What are you studying to be? I want to be a radiologist someday. Or maybe a doctor. I want to help people out anyway I can."

"I don't know what I want to do yet." Baekhyun nodded. They reached a small building that had some chairs outside by the front. "This is the place." Baekhyun looked up and saw the sign. Forever Cafe.

"Wow, Chanyeol."

"Wait until you see the inside." Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand and walked inside the cafe. They found a spot away from the people sitting inside. Baekhyun looked around and looked at everything. The whole area around them felt cozy and made him feel peaceful. He liked the feeling. He's never felt at peace or safe in a place before since he started his job.

"How did you find this place, Chanyeol?"

"I was just walking around, because it was my first time here and I got lost, when I came across this place. I just kept coming back and now know everyone here. They have amazing hot chocolate that you have to try."

"Ah, Chanyeol! Welcome back. The usual?" Chanyeol nodded to the waiter who came up to their table. The waiter turned to Baekhyun. "My name's Xiumin. What can I get you today?"

"He'll try the hot chocolate. Thank you, Xiumin."

"No problem, Chanyeol. If you didn't come back here the amount of times that you do, I think we'd go out of business." They both laughed before Xiumin said goodbye and headed to the counter to ring up their orders.

"How often do you come here, Chanyeol?" Chanyeol blushed a little and got a shy smile. Baekhyun thought it was adorable.

"About three to four times a day." Baekhyun chuckled. Xiumin came back with their drinks and Baekhyun said thank you. He got one sip in before almost at the rich chocolate flavor. "Good?" Baekhyun just nodded causing Chanyeol to smile. "Are you enjoying yourself, Baekhyun?" Baekhyun nodded again.

"I'll have to come back here again when I can. This place is amazing and feels like home."

"That's why I keep coming back." It was silent for a few moments. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah."

"Why do you work where you work?" Baekhyun looked down at his half finished hot chocolate.

"I need the money to finish school. I tried to find other jobs that would hire me but nobody would and then someone from the club offered me a job there and I thought I'd be a fool to let it go. If it helps pay for college then why not?" Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun. He was going to say something but his phone cut him off. Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol who had a sheepish smile. "You should asnwer that. It coulod be important."

"Hello?"

"Chanyeol, come quick. They're closing in." The caller hung up and Chanyeol was left staring at Baekhyun.