Chapter 12

The VIP Show

"My name is Taeyeon. Remember me now?"

 

Baekhyun grew confused. How could he remember her if he lost his memories? Taeyeon laughed at him as she slowly stepped down the steps.

"Still don't remember me, Baekhyun? You made me sad now." There was a fake pout on her lips before she reached the end of the stairs. "Let me refresh your memories a little bit." She walked closer to Baekhyun as Tao struggled.

"Don't touch him!" Tao growled before he was hit by Xiumin. Kris tried to lunge at Xiumin but Chen held him back. Taeyeon just giggled.

"I'll get as close as I please. Now," she said as she put her first two fingers on his forehead, "let's make you remember." Baekhyun gasped as searing pain hit him.

 

A little boy was playing in his parents yard when a little girlw alked up to him. "Excuse me?" The little boy jumped. "I didn't mean to scare you! I'm new here. I'm Taeyeon!" She said as she held her tiny hand out. The little boy smiled and took her hand in his.

"I'm Baekhyun!"

 

"Hey, Baekhyun?" He hummed to her. "Um...do you know that person across the street?" Baekhyun looked at her as they kept walking down the street. They had some fruit and vegetables in thier hands from the market they visited. Baekhyun tried to find the person that Taeyeon pointed out but culdn't find anyone that looked abnormal.

"I don't see anyone, Taeyeon." They continued walking when Taeyeon felt like someone was watching her again. She gulped, scared, and walked closer to Baekhyun. Baekhyun felt that feeling too and put an arm around her. "Don't worry, Taeyeon. I'll protect you." She smiled at him, slightly relieved.

 

"Hello, I'm Chanyeol!" Baekhyun looked up and saw a giant. He was smiling a wide smile showing off perfect teeth. 'He must be rich or something with those teeth.'

"Hello, I'm Baekhyun. It's nice to meet you!" Baekhyun smiled back, a wamr feeling coming over him. Later that evening, Taeyeon walked over to Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun, that's the same man that I saw five years ago." She said in a shaky voice.

"Come on, Tae There must be a possible explanation for that. You know how many trade around here on a daily basis? You're bound to see someone again." He was about to walk away when Taeyeon grabbed his arm.

"You don't understand, Baekhyun. He looked the same as he did five years ago." Baekhyun laughed.

"Maybe he does well with age." Taeyeon had a bad feeling about that Chanyeol guy.

 

"Baek-" Taeyeon stopped once she saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun close together. Chanyeol had a nervous look on his face and Baekhyun had a blush. Chanyeol moved closer to Baekhyun, put his hand on Baekhyun's cheek, leaned down, and kissed the shorter male. "...hyun." Taeyeon felt tears well up in her eyes. She put a hand over her heart and clutched her clothes as she felt the pain of rejection hit her. She had fallen in love with Baekhyun every since they were kids and she first introduced herself. She loved his smile and his laugh. As she turned away, a thought entered her head. 'If I can't have him, no one can.'

 

A loud banging on the door woke Baekhyun up. He untangled himself from Chanyeol and hurriedly messed the covers on the other bed in the room before opening the door. Two pairs of hands grabbed his arms.

"What's the meaning of this!?" Baekhyun yelled. A tall person looked over at two men and nodded, causing the men to go inside and one out a few moments later with Chanyeol.

"What's going on?"

"Byun Baekhyun, Park Chanyeol, you are both hereby sentenced to death."

"What for?!" Baekhyun screamed as he felt tears pool in his eyes.

"For laying with a man." As Chanyeol and Baekhyun struggled, Baekhyun looked up one last time before tears clouded his vision and saw Taeyeon smiling a sinister smile at the both of them.

 

"Baekhyun!" Tao screamed as Baekhyun gasped in shock. He felt like someone took a jackhammer to his skull and then threw him down a rocky hill.

"Remember now?" Baekhyun opened his eyes and glared at Taeyeon.

"Yeah, I remember. You ruined our lives because you couldn't handle rejection well." A loud slap echoed throughout the room. Baekhyun put his hand on his right cheek. Chanyeol looked over at the scene.

"You will be quiet!"

"Why should I? You asked me if I remembered you and I knew that you liked me but I couldn't return the feelings. And I never will because you know what? I love Chanyeol and I remember everything." Taeyeon screamed this time and punched Baekhyun in the face, cutting his lip open and giving him a black eye. Tao and Kris struggled even more while Chanyeol just kept staring at the scene, his eyes flashing colors. Taeyeon started punching Baekhyun everywhere she could and when he went down, she started kicking him, causing Baekhyun to scream in pain. Chanyeol's eyes kept flashing more as he heard Baekhyun's screams. Tao was struggling to get out of Xiumin's grasp but he couldn't do anything. Kris knew he had to do something.

"Chanyeol!" Chanyeol didn't resond or even look at Kris. "Chanyeol! Do you hear that!? That's Baekhyun screaming in pain! Are you just going to stand there and watch him die!?" Chanyeol started shaking and hot air rushed all over the place. He grabbed his head in pain.

"You can't save him, Chanyeol. You already failed." A sickly sweet voice whispered in his head.

"No."

"Just give up, Chanyeol. He's already dead. You killed him."

"No I didn't!"

"Yes you did! You weren't there when he needed you the most! You killed him!"

"No!" Chanyeol's eyes returned to their original color and he regained control of himself. He heard Baekhyun scream one last time in pain before Chanyeol intervened. He grabbed Taeyeon by her neck and threw her somewhere to the side while he knelt down and checked on Baekhyun. "Are you okay Baekhyun?"

Tao stopped struggling as he saw Chaneyol throw Taeyeon to the side. Shock was evident on everyone but Kris and as soon as Chen's grip became lose, Kris escaped and put Chen in a choke hold.

"Xiumin!" Tao and Xiumin both looked over at Kris and Chen. "How much do you care about Chen? About Jongdae? I can do it you know? I could snap his neck and you would lose him forever. Would you like that, MInseok? Knowing that you caused your mates death? Could you live with yourself after that?" Kris could see that Xiumin was fighting something in his head. He looked over to where Taeyeon was thrown before letting go of Tao.

"Please, Kris. Just let go of Jongdae. Please don't hurt him." Xiumin pleaded. Tears were trailing down his cheeks at the thought of Chen dying because of him. He only fought against his friends in order to watch over Chen and make sure he was alright. "Please." Xiumin cried. Kris let go of Chen and Xiumin rushed over and ran to Tao. Kris hugged Tao and made sure he was alright while Xiumin was sobbing into Chen's neck. "I'm so sorry, Dae. I'm so sorry that I couldn't save you in time from...from her..." He felt arms wrap around him as Chen held him close.

"It's okay, Min." Xiumin sobbed in relief.

 

"Baekhyun." Baekhyun groaned in pain as he felt hands gently turn him over. He couldn't see out of both eyes and breathing was difficult due to a bloody nose and maybe some broken ribs.

"Chanyeol?"

"Yes, Baek. It's me." Baekhyun smiled- or tried to. "I'll take care of everything Baek. Don't worry." Baekhyun was teetering on the verge of consciousness when he heard Taeyeon.

"Aww...Look at all the happy couples. It makes me sick."

"Stay put, Baek. Everything will be fine. Tao! Take care of Baekhyun. Kris, Jongdae, Minseok, lets take care of her." Baekhyun felt Chanyeol leave him and who he assumed was Tao sit next to him.

"Don't listen, hyung. Don't look." Baekhyun nodded as Tao helped stop his bloody nose and he lost consciousness just as he heard Taeyeon scream.

 

 

 

AN: .....i'm sorry if it's horrible and i'm sorry that i'm such a horrible person for leaving this story for so long. i'm gonna finish tonight and post the epilogue tonight so i can study for my first practical for anatomy and start morte et dablo. i might cry when i finish this and go through it like two years later and cringe at everything that i wrote.