Chapter 3

The VIP Show

"Chanyeol, come quick. They're closing in." The caller hung up and Chanyeol was left staring at Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun, I'm sorry but I have to go." Baekhyun's smile turned into a sad smile as he nodded. "Are you going back to your dorm?" Baekhyun nodded again. "Okay, can you promise me something? I know this is going to sound crazy but I want you to stay in your dorm tonight."

"Why?"

"I heard that there are some creepy guys around here late at night and I worry about your saftey. Please?" Baekhyun thought about it and then nodded. He felt like he could trust the tall giant. Chanyeol's reaction was one of relief and he smiled. He stood up, put money on the table for both of them, and waited for Baekhyun to do the same. They both walked out of the cafe and back to Baekhyun's dorm.

"Thanks for walking me here, Chanyeol."

"It's no problem, Baekhyun." He saw Baekhyun fidget for a few seconds before he asked for Chanyeol's phone.

"I want to keep in touch. You're a nice guy to hang around. Maybe we could have another lunch date in the future?" Chanyeol smiled like he won the lottery and nodded quickly, making Baekhyun laugh. "See you soon?"

"Yeah. See you soon. Goodnight."

"NIght." Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun went into the building to his dorm before walking away. He walked down an alley before jumping up and creeping back to Baekhyun's dorm building. He saw said male walk in and lay on his bed before going to where Kris was at.

Twenty minutes before eight, Baekhyun got a call. "Are you ready, Baekhyun?" Ah, that's right. He forgot that he was supposed to hang out with Kyungsoo and Kai. But he promised Chanyeol that he would stay inside his dorm room and Baekhyun felt like he really needed to listen to Chanyeol.

"Um, Kyungsoo, I don't think I can anymore. Something came up and I have to stay here." Baekhyun bit his lip. He hated lying to his friends.

"But, Hyung, you promised us!" Kai whined. Baekhyun must have been on speaker.

"I know, Kai, I know. How about this? When I get a free day, I'll treat you both to that new restaurant down the street?"

"...are you paying?" Of course Kai would ask that. Baekhyun said goodbye to fresh food and hello to instant noodles for a month.

"Yes. I will pay for it all." It was quiet on the other side of the line before Kyungsoo spoke again.

"Don't forget your promise, Baekhyun. Jongin is really looking forward to it now and you know how he is when he gets his hopes up." Baekhyun sighed. He remembered all too well how Kai was. He was a wreck and wouldn't let you live it down until you promised him something else.

"I won't. I'll tell you when I have a free day okay?" Kyungsoo hummed and they both said their byes before hanging up. Baekhyun sighed once again and flopped onto his bed, falling asleep shortly after.

 

"Chanyeol, we need to move him. He keeps attracting more of them." Chanyeol sighed.

"I know, Hyung. But we can't just keep moving him without him knowing. Besides, he finally has friends here." Chanyeol looked into Baekhhyun's window from the building across from his dorm. He could see Baekhyun sleeping soundly and peacefully. He wanted to touch his soft skin and feel his lips again like before but he couldn't. Chanyeol felt Kris's hand on his shoulder.

"I know it's difficult, Chanyeol, but this is for his own good." Chanyeol scoffed and threw Kris's hand off.

"What would you know? Tao already has his memories back. Baekhyun doesn't." Kris would never know how Chanyeol felt. He would never know the feeling of having your loved one so close and be able to interact with them but never able to do the same things that you once did. Kris only suffered a short time. Chanyeol has been suffering for ages. Things were always easier for Kris. When Kris found Tao again, all they had to do was look at each other before Tao got his memories back. Chanyeol spent almost the entire day with Baekhyun but nothing changed and Chanyeol was left with a broken heart like before.

"Chanyeol, you're right. I don't know how it feels but I know that you have to figure something out soon or else I will remove his memoires again to keep him safe. Don't argue with me over this. It's final." Kris left Chanyeol alone on the building. Chanyeol had to do something that would make Baekhyun remember him soon.

 

______________________________________________________________________________

[A/N]:

Update!! Finally!! How is this coming along so far? Anyone like it or not? I'm tryng to make a little period of when I update but it's not going so well. I'll figure something out. Until then, see you next time!